86-90

Chapter 86

◎Tragedy in Han Cheng's Book◎

Liu Susu was so startled that she didn't even have time to ask why she was stung by a bee, so she hurriedly ran to the hospital.

Han Xiuxiu also wanted to go. All the children at home had gone, but she stayed to report the news to her mother.

When Liu Susu led her to the hospital, she saw a child whose face had become swollen into a bun. It's not an exaggeration to say it's a steamed bun. Not only are my cheeks swollen, but there are also bumps on my eyelids, and I can't even open my eyes.

Liu Susu felt distressed and angry, and didn't know what to say for a moment.

Second Aunt Han had just sent the doctor away, and when she saw her frowning, she said: "Susu, the doctor said it's nothing serious. It's just that Xiao Cheng is young and has tender flesh, so he's so scary. He got an injection and went back to take some medicine." , it will be fine in two days."

Han Cheng had already fallen asleep. Liu Susu nodded and lowered her voice and said: "Second aunt, what is going on?"

Second aunt Han didn't know this very clearly, or It took several children talking together to figure out what was going on.

This is why he was eating meat every day a few days ago. Han Cheng was so happy that he became more active when going to school. Some friends asked him why he was so happy. Han Cheng said: "Why are you not happy when you have meat to eat?"

"That's right, I also eat meat every day now, especially the oil residue cooked by my mother, it is so delicious!" A little boy named Shuanzi, who had the best relationship with Han Cheng, also said.

One child listened to them for a long time and asked, "You are happy now that you have meat to eat, but what if you run out of meat?"

These words were extremely heartbreaking. As soon as they finished speaking, Han Cheng and Shuanzi fell silent.

Han Cheng suddenly remembered that his mother had said that now because things can't be stored, there is food every day, but after this period, the meat and other things will be put away first and stored in the cellar for the future and the New Year. time to eat.

When he thought about going back to the old days of eating meat twice a month, Han Cheng touched his belly sadly.

He has been eating and drinking well these past few days, and his belly has grown a lot. He is very happy, but now it may shrink back in a few days!

Shuanzi thought for a while and said: "How about we go to the mountains to search, what if we can find some pheasants and sparrows?"

Nowadays, there are many more people going to the mountains to hunt, relying on the mountains to eat and the water to eat. Now there is no one at home. With food to eat, the mountains are their only hope.

Fortunately, the mountainous area here is large and rolling. Although you can't go inside, you can still gain a lot from outside from time to time.

Shuanzi's father caught two sparrows yesterday. Shuanzi thought that although they couldn't catch wild boars, they might be able to catch birds and touch their eggs.

Han Cheng and another child were very moved when they thought about it.

There was a child sitting in front of them. When he heard what they said, he said, "You can't tell your parents, otherwise you won't be able to go."

Han Cheng didn't understand: "Why?"

"You are stupid, Dad. Mom thinks this one is unsafe and that one is unsafe. In fact, they don't know how capable we are. We can do anything in mountains and rivers!"

Han Cheng thought about it, too.

Although his mother asked him to go to the mountains to catch sparrows and find eggs, she always restricted him from going up the mountains. In such a small area, everything there had been caught, so how could he still have a share?

"Han Cheng, are you going?" Shuanzi asked him.

I can't bear to leave my child and can't find any meat!

Han Cheng nodded fiercely: "Go!"

If he really found the meat, he would be able to surprise his mother!

Now I have to go to school every day, so I went to the mountains to cut grass after returning home in the afternoon. Han Cheng finished his work very quickly, put the sickle in the basket on his back, and went to find the path: "Brother, I'll do it." It's over, I'm going to play with Shuanzi and the others."

Han Cheng is young and playful, but as long as he gets things done, Liu Susu doesn't hold him back, and the same goes for the other children. As long as they get things done, they can do whatever they want. It will be all right. Xiaolu nodded: "Okay, don't run around."

Han Cheng agreed quickly, but after a while, he sneaked to the mountain with Shuanzi and others.

"We have to hurry up, my mother said, I must go home before six o'clock." Han Cheng said.

Shuanzi also nodded, expressing understanding that he also wanted to go back before eating.

In this way, a group of four little carrot heads began a difficult "journey to find meat." The search time didn't take long every day, and he would go home before six o'clock. Because Han Cheng had been like this before, he hid it safely.

Seeing that no one in his family noticed, Han Cheng felt relieved and started looking for meat more actively.

But meat is so easy to find. These easy-to-find things have long been caught by others.

After working like this for four days, they still got nothing. On the fifth day, Saturday, they could play outside for a longer time. Several children decided to take a risk and walk up the mountain.

Shuanzi said, "Let's go to the east. I heard from my dad that there are sparrows over there!"

"Okay!"

Han Cheng and the other two friends quickly followed.

I don't know if they were lucky this time, but they actually found a sparrow among the branches. Han Cheng had learned to catch sparrows with his uncles in his hometown before, and he was the first to react, picked up his slingshot and shot it. past.

Shuanzi also saw it and raised the slingshot with him.

"Bang", two sounds sounded at the same time. Han Cheng saw that his stone almost hit the sparrow, and he was feeling regretful when a child asked in confusion: "Have you heard anything strange? "The sound?"

Strange sound?

Han Cheng was about to say no, when he suddenly heard a "buzzing" sound.

"Run! It's a bee!"

Han Cheng looked back and found that a beehive had fallen on the ground. Shuanzi should have knocked it down with a stone just now, but they were all focusing on the sparrows, and no one paid any attention to the hive. Something black and dirty.

"Ah, Shuanzi, how did you knock this thing down!"

Shuanzi didn't know why he was so mean, but now was not the time to talk about this: "Run!"

Several little guys quickly ran away. Running down the mountain, Han Cheng suddenly had an idea and shouted: "Let's run separately!"

If we run together, everyone will be finished together!

After all, they were children who had been running up and down mountains and rivers all day long, and their legs were very fast when running. In addition, they ran to areas with many trees. Han Cheng was stared at twice on his arm, which hurt a little. He wanted to scratch it with his hands. , but suddenly he remembered that Han Jin once told him that bees would dig in their stings, that's why it hurt so much.

He immediately didn't dare to touch it. Maybe the thorn was only in the flesh, but when he scratched it, the thorn was driven in?

It's scary to think about it!

When had Han Cheng encountered this kind of thing? He immediately wanted to go home to find his mother, but after running two steps, the little guy stopped again.

"...The second brother said that if you are stung by a bee, there will be a sting. The second brother also said that there is honey in the

hive!" At that time, Han Jin was studying a text about bees. Han Cheng heard it and asked a few questions. , Han Jin told him at that time that their teacher mentioned during class that honey is sweet and very delicious, even better than sugar!

When Han Cheng thought about the sparrow that he missed by mistake, and then thought about the sweet honey, he felt a little itchy in his heart. Finally, he hummed and ran back with his calves, picking up the half that fell on the ground. The beehive was picked up.

The hive on the tree was not small, but the bolt was not very strong after all. Only a small part of it was shot down with the slingshot and rolled on the grass. And the moment they fell, bees flew out and chased them.

Han Cheng originally thought that all the bees had escaped, so he ran over and grabbed the hive with his little hands. Just when he wanted to see what was going on inside, who knew there were still fish that slipped through the net!

Suddenly two bees flew out from inside and stung him hard twice on the face.

Han Cheng screamed in pain: "Mother! Mother!!!"

He shouted and ran down the mountain, tears streaming out in pain, whimpering, looking very pitiful, but holding on tightly Beehive's hand didn't loosen at all.

"...As soon as Xiao Cheng came back, I was shocked and sent him over quickly." After Aunt Han finished speaking, she was still scared.

After all, it was a bee. If you were unlucky and encountered a wasp, it would be a sin!

When Second Aunt Han was about to explain the doctor's instructions, she noticed that Liu Susu looked particularly bad, "Susu, what's wrong?"

She thought it was because Liu Susu was too worried about Han Cheng, so she hurriedly said: "Don't worry, the doctor said there is no big problem. Yes, the child recovers quickly. When he gets better, talk to him properly!"

Liu Susu was worried about Han Cheng, but what bothered her at this time was not only worry, but also fear.

She was scared.

When she entered the hospital and saw Han Cheng with his eyes closed and his face full of pain, she suddenly thought of the plot in the book.

She hadn't read the book and didn't know what happened. She only remembered a few words said by her colleagues.

In it, Han Cheng was too playful and impatient. He made a bet with others and fell off the mountain and broke his leg.

What is mentioned in the book is what happened when Han Cheng was five years old. Liu Susu has always remembered this incident since then. On the day when Han Cheng was five years old, she was cautious, fearing that she would make the same mistake again.

But as Han Cheng grew up year by year, the plot in the book did not appear. This little guy did not have an accident as she worried. Instead, like all children, he could jump and run, and his face was always full of smiles. Sunlight.

Liu Susu felt relieved now, thinking that she could avoid the disaster in this way, but she never expected that this accident would happen today, when she didn't notice anything was wrong at all.

Liu Susu only felt angry and angry, not only angry with Han Cheng, but also angry with herself.

She shouldn't neglect taking care of Han Cheng because she has been too busy recently.

If she had paid more attention to observing Han Cheng, she would have discovered something was wrong with him long ago.

"Are Han Cheng's family members here? Come and get the medicine."

The nurse's voice sounded, and Aunt Han quickly responded and had no choice but to go there first.

Liu Susu sat down on the chair a little exhausted, and looked at the children beside her without saying a word, who were a little scared.

This was the first time that my mother was so decadent in front of them.

Just when they were about to step forward and say something, Han Lie arrived after getting the news. He learned what happened from Xiaolu, glanced at Han Cheng, and sat next to Liu Susu.

"Susu?" Han Lie called out, but Liu Susu didn't respond. He stretched out his hand to hold Liu Susu's hand, but found that it was very cold.

"Han Lie."

Han Lie knew that she was worried, so he quickly comforted her in a low voice. He said a lot, but Liu Susu didn't answer. Han Lie thought she was anxious, and said:

"I met the doctor when I just came here. Yes, he said it was nothing serious. Don't be afraid. In the past, people on the mountain would be stung by bees, and they would be cured soon after getting an injection."

Just when he thought Liu Susu would remain silent, she suddenly raised her head: "You said What?"

Han Lie was slightly startled and recalled what he had said: "They are the two children of Captain Shi. When they were young, they went to the mountains two years ago and were stung by bees. They were also stung on their eyelids. Two days later, That's fine."

Liu Susu listened again, and the stone that had been hanging high in her heart finally fell to the ground.

Yes, being stung by a bee is not the same as breaking a leg. As long as you take an injection and take medicine, you will be fine in two days.

Han Cheng is still young and in good health. Maybe he will get better soon...

Liu Susu sighed, let out the depression in her heart, and nodded.

After the injection, Han Lie went back with Han Cheng in his arms.

The little guy was obviously very uncomfortable. Even in his sleep, his brows were frowning and his face was swollen. There were bumps here and there, and he looked extremely pitiful.

The second aunt Han made dinner. Liu Susu didn't eat a few bites. She was busy with work, but she didn't leave Han Cheng and kept sitting on the kang writing and drawing.

Xiaolu walked over quietly: "Mom."

Liu Susu turned around and said, "Are you going to bed?"

Xiaolu shook his head. He had just finished his homework and it was not time to go to bed yet: "Mom, this is what dad did. "Yes."

He said and handed over a bowl filled with light yellow honey.

Liu Susu was stunned: "Is there really one?"

There is not as much honey in autumn as there is in summer, but Han Cheng was lucky, and he actually got some honey from the piece of hive he picked up.

"It seems that your brother's injury is quite valuable." Liu Susu said angrily and funny.

Xiaolu was helpless and apologetic: "Mom, I'm sorry, I didn't take good care of Xiaocheng. If I had found out earlier, he wouldn't have been hurt."

The little guy felt really bad and kept blaming himself. He didn't eat well either, just because he was afraid that something would happen to Han Cheng.

Liu Susu moved out, held him in her arms, and said softly: "How can I blame you? Xiaolu's mother has already been very good at taking care of her younger brothers and sisters. Xiaocheng is like this because he is playful, and we You can't accompany him 24 hours a day. Even if you can accompany him now, he will still have to rely on himself when he grows up."

Xiaolu is sensible, but Liu Susu cannot take the child's sensibleness for granted.

She took out the spoon from the bowl and dipped some honey into the corner of Xiaolu's mouth: "Is it sweet?"

Xiaolu subconsciously licked it and said, "Sweet."

Xiao Cheng will definitely like it.

"That's good. This is Xiao Cheng's apology for worrying my brother." Liu Susu said with a smile.

Xiaolu didn't understand what this meant at first, but the next day, he saw his mother buying a small bag of flour from the supply and marketing cooperative and starting to knead the dough as soon as she came back. Xiaolu looked at the time with some doubts. It's not time for lunch yet.

Liu Susu didn't explain immediately. After kneading the dough and letting it rise, she called Han Qian: "Xiao Qian, turn up the fire outside."

Han Qian went immediately.

On her side, she divided the dough into small pieces, just like making steamed buns. She also added a little malted milk to it, but there was one more step than steamed buns - Liu Susu took out the honey from the cabinet and mixed it with Mix white sugar and white sesame seeds together, and brush a thick layer of sugar on the bottom of the steamed buns.

Then, take out all the dough, put it in the pan and start frying.

"Mom, what are you doing?" Han Qian asked curiously.

"Honey steamed buns are the honey our Xiao Cheng brought back. If it tastes good later, remember to thank Xiao Cheng, you know?" Liu Susu said with a smile.

Not sure if it was his imagination, but Han Qian always felt that although his mother was smiling and talking, she sounded a little scary.

Soon, he knew that he was not overthinking it, because when the steamed buns were cooked and taken out of the pot, the smell of the steamed buns attracted even Han Cheng, who was still lying in bed to recover from his injuries.

The little guy's condition is much better today than yesterday. The swelling on his face has gone away. However, he was stung by a bee on his mouth yesterday and still has a big tongue when he talks. When he ran over and saw the golden honey buns, his mouth was almost watering: "Sheep, it smells so good!"

Liu Susu looked at him with a smile: "Of course it smells good, this is the honey you brought back so hard."

Han Cheng was stunned for a moment, then laughed.

Since yesterday, he has been worried that his mother will be angry. He has been worried for a long time because he was afraid of being spanked by his mother. Now that his mother said this, does that mean he is not angry with him anymore? !

Han Cheng finally breathed a sigh of relief and stretched out his little paw to take a delicious bite of honey steamed buns. However, he suddenly found that his mother turned her hand and the plate with steamed buns moved to the other side.

Han Cheng:? ?

Liu Susu seemed to have not seen his movements, and called to the other children: "Come, eat quickly, these honey steamed buns are best when they are hot." There were

seven steamed buns in total on the plate. Dad said today He went to the army and he was not there. There were exactly seven people in the family. Han Cheng originally thought that he could get one, but after everyone including Liu Susu got a steamed bun, his mother got the last remaining steamed bun by herself.

Han Cheng became even more confused.

Mom...what are you doing?

"Raise..." Han Cheng quickly shouted again, fearing that his mother might not see him.

Liu Susu seemed not to have heard and asked Han Qian: "Xiaoqian, are the steamed buns delicious?"

Han Qian was still thinking about what his mother was going to do at first, but now his attention was completely attracted by the steamed buns, and he clicked hard. The little one thought: "It's delicious! It's super delicious!"

It's really delicious.

Because they have been eating meat these past few days, although they are not tired of it, everyone wants to eat more refined grains.

The steamed buns Liu Susu usually makes are delicious. Not only are they fluffy and soft, but they also taste sweet. Malted milk or milk is also specially added to them to add a milky aroma, making them much more delicious than the steamed buns sold in canteens.

But today's is even more delicious.

Not steamed, but fried.

After the steamed buns were prepared one by one, they were placed in the pan and started to be fried. Liu Susu specially chose corn oil - corn oil has a light taste. It is better to fry with this oil than rapeseed oil and peanut oil, and will not mix the taste.

The bottom of the steamed bun is coated with a thick layer of honey, and when fried, a thin layer of rice cracker immediately forms, which is caramelized and crispy. When you bite into it, you will feel the sweetness of honey and the aroma of sesame seeds. The remaining sides were also slightly browned and had just the right amount of crispiness.

Taking a bite of the steamed buns, you will not only feel the milky aroma of malted milk, soft texture but also the extremely satisfying sweetness.

Not to mention the children, even Second Aunt Han thought it was delicious. She had never eaten such delicious steamed buns.

"It's so delicious, mom, this is even more delicious than meat!" Han Qian couldn't bear to eat it, taking small bites for fear that it would be gone if he ate it too quickly.

"Of course it's delicious. Your mother and I have put a lot of effort into it. Did you see that this is the last bit of corn oil in our family? It is the steamed buns fried in this oil that are so fragrant." Liu Susu said and took a look. Han Cheng was swallowing his saliva.

"And these steamed buns. Flour is very valuable now. Except during holidays, my mother won't buy flour anymore, so I won't be able to eat the steamed buns." She looked at it again, "Very good." Comrade Han Cheng's eyes looked at him at this time. All hair straightened.

"The most important thing is this honey. Your brother risked his life to get this, otherwise we wouldn't be able to eat such delicious food." When she said this, Liu Susu couldn't help gritting her teeth. Now It feels outrageous when I think about it.

I really didn't expect that her son would do such a dangerous thing for a little honey. If any trafficker outside tried to seduce him with delicious food, he would be sure to follow him without saying anything. .

Liu Susu took a breath and said fiercely: "Come on, express your gratitude to Comrade Han Cheng."

"Thank you, brother!" Several children said in unison.

Han Cheng: "..."

Looking at the fewer and fewer steamed buns and listening to what his mother said, Han Cheng finally couldn't help it anymore.

He hurriedly ran to Liu Susu, hugged his mother's thigh and shouted: "Yang, the nest is wrong! It's not right!! I don't dare to nest anymore!"

Xiaolu and others on the side said: "..."

Fortunately, this stupid The younger brother finally reacted.

She should have been worried, but Aunt Han suddenly became happy when she saw it. After thinking that Xiaoliu could definitely teach the children well, she waved to the others on the path and asked them to follow her back to the house first.

Liu Susu put the steamed buns on the plate and asked: "Are you wrong? No, Mom thinks you are right. How brave is our little Cheng? We outsmart bees, bravely pick honeycombs, and bring them to me, my brothers, sisters, and aunts." You are a little hero for eating such delicious steamed buns!"

If he had been praised by his mother like this before, Han Cheng would be so proud that his belly would bulge, but at this moment, he really couldn't be happy.

I was so anxious that I quickly grabbed my mother's hand: "Yang, it's my fault! I won't lie to my mother anymore, and I won't go to dangerous places. If I encounter any danger, I will run away immediately. Never again." I don't want to think about that food anymore."

The little guy was so anxious that his words became much smoother. He sniffed and said again: "Mom, can you forgive me for the last time?"

After that, he used that Her big black eyes stared straight at Liu Susu.

Liu Susu was really angry, so she deliberately did this to make him realize his mistake. After all, a snack guy like Han Cheng was happiest when he was given food, and the saddest thing was when he was not given food. Very easy to handle.

But in addition to teaching him a lesson, you also need to explain it to him.

"Mom has said many times that if you want to play, I won't let you go, but you must be in a safe place, and let mom or dad know that yesterday you just went to the mountains to hunt sparrows. If you secretly go to the river in the future, I was swimming in the river and accidentally slipped on the edge of the mountain. Can you still run back safely?"

Han Cheng wanted to say that he would not go to those dangerous places, but when his mother looked at him, he did not dare to speak. Mom was right, if he didn't learn a lesson this time, he might be more playful in the future and he could go anywhere.

"There is also the matter of the beehive. Even if you really want to eat it, you should tell the adults first when you come back and let us accompany you to pick it up instead of taking risks yourself.

You are lucky. If the bee doesn't pay attention, it will sting you. If it's in your eyes, you will never see me again!"

"Oh, oh, mother, I won't do it anymore, I won't do it anymore, I will listen to you in everything from now on! Be a good person and stop being playful!" Han When Cheng heard this, he was really frightened and threw himself into Liu Susu's arms and cried non-stop.

Liu Susu sighed, knowing that the lesson was enough, and comforted: "Okay, I will believe you once, and you must be good in the future, you know?"

Han Cheng nodded his little head.

"But as punishment, you will definitely not be able to eat these two steamed buns, and you will also have to cancel twenty little stars." Liu Susu said.

Han Cheng sniffed and wanted to cry even more.

"It's up to you to decide who to give these two steamed buns to." Liu Susu handed him the plate. Although the little guy was very pitiful, he couldn't change the agreement.

Han Cheng looked at his brothers and sisters standing in the room, then looked at his mother, lowered his little head and said, "Let me and my aunt take half of this steamed bun. My brother and sister will share this steamed bun equally. I'm being naughty this time." , everyone is worried, I'm sorry."

After saying that, he ran to the kitchen, took out the knife, and carefully divided it.

Several children in the family can chop vegetables, so it's okay to be careful with the knife. Liu Susu took the steamed buns that Han Cheng handed over to her first, and then a smile appeared on her face: "This is not bad, let's give it to my aunt."

However, After all, the little guy had suffered a lot. In the evening, Liu Susu made honey steamed buns again. Han Lie was not at home at noon, so he also ate them.

"The food is so good today?" Han Lie was surprised. He hadn't eaten steamed buns made only from fine grains for several days.

Han Qian watched the show and said with a smile that was not a big deal: "Dad, you have to thank Xiao Cheng. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't be able to eat it!"

Han Cheng, who was enjoying the steamed buns, trembled when he heard this. He was afraid that his mother would teach him a lesson after hearing this, "Brother, stop talking, dad, just eat it quickly!" He

couldn't stop his mouth after eating it!

Han Lie couldn't help but laughed, "Okay, I won't say anything anymore, but you have to remember the lesson this time."

"Remember it. Remember it." Han Cheng felt that he would never dare to lie to his mother again in his life. .

horrible!