Find What You're Looking For

Galing kay WestCoast14

Lily Gasly and Fallon Leclerc have grown up being best friends. They happen to be the sisters of two very wel... Higit pa

Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Twelve

105 7 0
Galing kay WestCoast14

December 31, 2023
Monaco
Fallon

I was putting on jewellery that my favourite blue dress. It was the one I had wanted to wear to Jimmy'z the night we first arrived but ended up wearing a white dress for Neymar. I paired it with silver heels with a chunky heel. There was knock on my door. It was only a second before Charles' head popped in. I smiled at him.

"Salut."

"Ça va?" He opened the door and walked in.

"Ça va," I nodded.

"How are you feeling?" He leaned against my dresser.

I paused from securing my necklace on. I sighed and looked in the mirror. It had been a tough couple of days since I broke up with Neymar. He hadn't stopped blowing my phone up. I eventually just blocked his number because I couldn't handle it. I didn't know if he was still in Monaco or not, but I assumed he went home to Brazil to lick his wounds as soon as he could. I also figured he was now throwing his own New Year's Eve party. hadn't even told him about Danny's. He never knew that I was going with Max.

"I'm better today. I feel a bit calmer."

"Good," Charles took my hand, "Max is here."

"Great!" I stood up and grabbed my clutch.

"Fallon, I love you, but please don't use my friend as a rebound."

I sighed a little and ran my fingers through my hair. I knew where he was coming from, "I won't. Max is a good friend of mine. I know that Kelly dumped him only a few months ago, so I'm sure neither of us are ready for something new."

Charles nodded, "good. You look beautiful, by the way."

"Thank you. You look handsome. Mister Player not wearing a shirt with your jacket," I teased.

His cheeks flushed as he laughed, "tais-toi."

"Nah," I shook my head, "I don't think I will."

The two of us laughed before walking out of my room. Charles offered me his arm. I accepted as we walked to the stairs. We began going down together.

I spotted Max waiting not far from the bottom of the stairs. He was in a white button down with the top few undone and a black jacket. He had on black jeans and bright white sneakers. He turned around when he heard my heels clicking on the marble staircase. I saw his eyes light up before he straightened his jacket. Charles and I made it to the bottom of the stairs, and Max walked over.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Max gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek, "you look great."

"Thank you. So do you."

"You two kids have fun, but I want her back at a reasonable time," Charles crossed his arms and fake glared at Max.

Max laughed, "mate, it's New Year's Eve! I don't think a reasonable time exists."

We all laughed. I turned and hugged Charles tightly. We kissed each other's cheeks. Max offered me his arm, and I accepted. We walked to the front door which he opened for me. We then walked to his car. He had selected his Aston Martin DB11 for the night.

"Feeling like James Bond are you?" I smiled as he opened the door.

"Maybe a little," he smirked.

I got into the car carefully. Max closed the door and walked to the drivers' side. He got in and started it up. The engine purred to life which made both of us smile. He turned and winked at me which made me blush and look down.

He grabbed my hand before his lips brushed my ear, "blushing already?"

"Peut-être," I said coyly, only letting the corners of my lips turn up.

"Maybe," he scoffed, "I can see your cheeks are pink. And I can tell it's not make up."

"Quite the charmer, Mad Max," I giggled

He smirked and brought my hand up. He kissed the top of my hand, maintaining eye contact the whole time. My cheeks clammed red. Max didn't let go of my hand as he began driving to la Rascasse. I looked out the window. I was excited for the night. I knew it would be fun to spend time with my friends and family without having to worry about Neymar or any fighting.

Ever since I broke up with him, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me. The sun seemed brighter; the air fresher. And I had noticed that my family seemed less tense. Arthur had been so excited to tell Mama and Lorenzo. She had broken down in happy tears when I got back from Max's.

I was grateful that Max let me hang out at his house for a while. I know my family, Lily, and Pierre only wanted what was best for me, but it felt wrong to celebrate the break up.

Neymar and I had been together for almost two years. I had moved from Monaco to Paris almost a year ago so we could be together more. I hadn't expected him to sign with Saudi Club. I almost didn't go with him, but Neymar talked me into it when we were travelling around Brazil during his summer break.

Max didn't prompt me for any information that I didn't want to talk about, but I told him everything. His jaw was clenched tightly when I showed him where Neymar's nails had dug into my skin. He got a couple ice packs and pressed them to where bruises were slowly starting to form on my arms. I saw how angry he was when he heard that Neymar had pulled my hair.

Max held me as I cried and cried until there was nothing left. He took me for a drive. We went up to the top of the cliffs and watched the sunset together. It was breathtakingly beautiful. I had forgotten how much I loved the Monégasque sunsets.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Max's car turned off. One of the valets opened my door. Max was already around and offered me his hand. I accepted and stepped out, careful not to twist my ankle. I then linked my arm through his. We walked up the stairs to the door. Another man opened it for us.

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"My pleasure. Have a nice night."

I nodded as we walked in together. I looked around. The music was already loud enough for the air to vibrate when the bass dropped. I looked around and saw hat plenty of other people were already there. I waved at Alex and Lily. They came over and we all hugged.

"Hey, Fal. How are you doing? I heard you broke it off with Neymar?" Lily tilted her head.

"I did, yes. I'm good," I smiled, "obviously sad it didn't work out, but I'm good."

"I'm glad," she squeezed my shoulder.

"Is this the right time to say I always thought he was dense and that you were too good for him?" Alex tilted his head.

I laughed, "perfect time. And thank you, Alex."

"Of course."

"Am I the only one surprised that Danny had his party start this late?" Lily changed the subject.

"Probably wanted to party later into the morning," Max chuckled.

"Heyyyyyyyy!" Daniel walked up behind Alex and Lily.

"Hi, Danny," I smiled.

"Lady Lec! You look great," he kissed my cheek quickly.

"Thank you. This party looks great," I kissed his cheek.

"Where's the rest of the family?"

"Coming soon. Where's Lily? She said she came here early to help you out."

"She did yeah! She's over at the bar trying to convince him to make her a frozen strawberry margarita."

We all laughed. Max moved his arm around my waist. I leaned into him comfortably as everyone else talked around me. It just felt right. After a while, Max and I went over to the bar. Lily finally had her strawberry margarita.

"Hey, Lily," I leaned on the counter next to her.

"Fallon!" She jumped up and then almost fell over.

"Woah there," I grabbed her arm.

"I've been sitting too long."

"Right. That had nothing to do with Danny and shots," Max chuckled

"I only did 3. Gotta pace myself," she smirked.

"You both look great," she smiled.

"Thank you," we said together.

"What can I get you both?"

"Gin and tonic, 2 shots of chilled tequila, and, whatever Fallon wants," Max looked at me.

"Can I have a boulevardier?"

"Sure thing."

The bartender turned away. Max pulled out a barstool for me. I sat down, and he took a seat next to me. He placed a hand on my knee. It was comforting. Lily noticed and nudged my ribs. She gave me a sly look and I rolled my eyes.

Max's gin and tonic and my boulevardier were delivered. We clinked out glass before taking our first sips. The whiskey burned as it went down my throat, but it felt good and somewhat comforting.

"What up!"

I turned around and saw Charles, Arthur, and Alexandra standing there. I quickly kissed Arthur and Alexandra's cheeks. The other girl squeezed my hand.

"I LOVE your dress," she grinned.

"Oh thank you! I've been wanting to wear it."

"It's perfect on you," she gushed.

"Have we missed anything?"

"Nope," Max shook his hand.

They ordered their drinks. The tequila shots that Max ordered came out. The two of us took them quickly. We sat there chatting with everyone for a while longer. we each had two more cocktails before Daniel came over and ushered us on to the dance floor.

Max and I danced close together. By then, I was feeling plenty loose. Max seemed to be feeling it too. He took my hand and spun me around. I grinned and laughed. He pulled me back in closer to him. I had my hands on his shoulder, and he was holding on to my waist.

The two of us moved around to the music. It was nice to let loose and have some fun. As we looked around, I spotted Danny and Lily dancing together. I smirked a little. I nodded towards them. Max moved us around so he could see without being obvious.

"Danny finally made a move. He has been pining over her for months!" Max whisper yelled into my ear.

"Really?" My eyes flew open.

"Really," he confirmed.

"Can you keep a really really big secret?"

"Sure," Max nodded.

"When Lily and I had our sleepover, we played truth or dare. She said if she had to date a driver that's not one of my brothers, it would be Danny."

"Really?" His eyes got really big.

"Mhm," I nodded, "so I hope this sticks."

"What about Arthur? I know Lily and Arthur have liked each other since we were all kids."

"You know?!" My jaw dropped.

"It's so obvious even Stevie Wonder could see it!"

I burst out laughing and so did he. The two of us kept dancing and moving to the music. Max pulled me back into him.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"What driver would you date?"

I opened and closed my mouth a couple times. I wasn't sure if I should say him. Charles and Danny had both warned me not to hurt Max. That was the last thing I wanted given my childhood crush on him.

"Uhm," I bit my lip and looked down.

"So shy. And that's not like you," he gently tilted my chin up to him.

"You," I barely whispered.

"I couldn't hear you, darling."

"Lewis."

Max's face fell a little, and I saw hurt swirling in his eyes. His shoulders fell and his hands on my waist went a little limp. He nodded slowly, "gotcha."

"Look, Max. I was told a couple times to be careful and not to use you as a rebound, but I've liked you since we were kids."

"Really?" His eyes got wide and a smile returned to his face.

"Really, but then when I wanted to date you, you had a girlfriend. And then before you were with Roos, I had a boyfriend. And then we've both been in long term relationships."

"We're not now," he pulled me closer. His breath was hot on my face.

"I know," I breathed out, moving my hands from his shoulders to his chest. I could feel his heart beating fast. I bit my lip and looked up at him, "what do we do, Maxie?"

"Take it really slow. You literally got out of a relationship two days ago."

"I feel like I'd been trapped in that one for a while, but I didn't have anyone to turn to because we were always in Saudi or Brazil."

"He isolated you, so you had to depend on him. We all saw it. It hurt to see that, really," Max placed a hand on my cheek.

"I've never stopped liking you."

He grinned, "same here. We'll just take it slow. And it's easy to play off since we're already good friends."

"I like that," I smiled and hugged him.

He hugged me back. I closed my eyes. The two of us moved to the music. He rested his forehead on mine. I linked my fingers together on his back.

"ALRIGHT!" Danny's voice boomed through the speakers. Max and I pulled apart and turned to look at him. The Aussie was standing on a table with a microphone in his hand.

"Midnight is about two minutes away! So find someone to kiss!" He said and jumped down.

Max grabbed my hand in his, and I smiled at him, "will you be my New Year's kiss?"

"Absolutely," I smiled and nodded.

The two of us watched at the clock count down popped in on a screen behind the DJ. We were in the middle of the dance floor. I had my hands on the back of Max's neck while we watched the timer go down. Max was holding on to my waist.

My mind slightly wondered. I knew that Pierre, Charles, and Alex had midnight kisses before. I wondered who Lily would end up kissing—Arthur or Danny.

"10! 9! 8! 7! 6!"

I pulled out of my thoughts. Max and I started counting down together.

"1! Happy New Year!"

Max cupped my cheek. I stood on my toes. Our lips connected. It felt right. We continued kissing as everyone cheered.

"I FUCKING KNEW IT!"

I was suddenly yanked out of Max's arms. I cried out as my ankle twisted, and I fell to the ground. I looked up and saw Neymar standing there. My jaw dropped.

"I FUCKING KNEW YOU WERE CHEATING!" Neymar yanked me to my feet and slapped me.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Max yelled and pushed Neymar away. He swirled me around and held me behind him.

"This isn't about you, Verstappen. This is about Fallon being a whore."

"Don't talk about her like that!" Max shoved Neymar back.

"Don't get involved. This is between me and Fallon. Go drive a car," he sneered before pointing at me, "this is why I didn't want you around these people. I knew you wouldn't be able to control yourself. You're a nothing. You're just trying to get your name out there."

"Neymar, stop," I begged.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" Arthur yelled.

"He slapped Fallon!" Max's face was red.

"CHARLES!" Arthur yelled.

"Arthur no, please don't," I grabbed his hand.

"What's-fuck," Charles hurried over with Pierre, but they came to a halt when they saw Neymar.

"He yanked Fallon to the ground and slapped her," Max explained.

"FUCK YOU!" Charles shoved Neymar back harshly.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him!" Arthur yelled.

"Arthur no!" I begged and grabbed his forearm. I also took Charles hand, trying to bring their attention back to me, "please no fighting."

"I always knew you liked Fallon," Neymar spat and threw a fist at Max's face.

"Max!" I gasped as he went flying back.

Pierre and Danny caught him. Max's eyes were blazing. I don't know if I had ever seen him that mad before. Max was suddenly on top of Neymar throwing punches. The two of them were wrestling around. I gasped watching.

"Oh god," Lily's voice came from behind me.

"Lily," I whispered.

She grabbed my hand. I was surprised that no one tried to pry Max off of Neymar. I'm guessing everyone knew not to interfere. Eventually, bouncers came over and pulled them apart.

"WE NEED YOU TO LEAVE!"

Max had a busted lip. He wiped his face with the back of his hand. Neymar's eye was swollen, and his nose was bleeding. The Brazilian looked worse for the wear.

"Stay the fuck away from Fallon or I'll fuck you up!" Max spat out some blood at Neymar's feet.

He tried to run at the racer, but the bouncers pushed them apart again. I watched as Neymar was escorted out first. The other bouncer stayed with Max who was talking with Daniel.

"Ça va? You got slapped?" Charles asked.

"Comme ci comme ça. Yeah. Neymar slapped me."

"I fucking hate him," Arthur said.

"You're leaning," Alex noted.

"Twisted my ankle. I'm okay."

"I'm sorry. I can't get them to let Max stay," Daniel walked over to us, "you good, Fal?"

"I'm okay. I'll leave with Max."

"You sure?" Pierre asked.

"Yeah. I don't want him to be alone. Plus, I need to thank him," I nodded.

"Okay. We'll see you later. Ice your ankle," Charles kissed my cheek.

"I will," I promised.

I walked over to Max. He gave me a small smile. I smiled back and hugged him. A small noise came from the back of his throat as he hugged me back.

"I'm sorry," I murmured.

"Don't be. I'll live."

"I'm coming with you if that's okay?" I titled my head at him.

"I'd like that, if you're sure."

I nodded and squeezed him one more time before letting go. My ankle was throbbing. I leaned down to take my shoes off. I slowly began undoing the buckles.

"Here. I got it," Max leaned down and did it for me.

I held on to his shoulder as I stepped out of my shoes. Max stood up and took his sneakers off. He handed them to me.

"Oh no-"

"Please take them. I don't want you to walk barefoot."

"Thank you," I nodded as he took my heels.

I set his sneakers down and put them on. I knew that they would be too big, but I appreciated the sentiment. I had walked barefoot out of plenty of clubs before. Neymar never gave me his shoes. I tied them a little tighter.

The bouncer let us know the Uber Max called had arrived. We said our goodbyes to our friends and my family. We walked out together. Max had a hand on my back. He opened the door for me, and I got in. He slid in next to me.

No one said anything on the drive to Max's house. He held my hand tightly. I leaned my head on his shoulder. The car pulled to a stop. Max got out and then held his hand out to me. We walked hand in hand into his house. I took off his shoes before we went into the kitchen.

"Thank you for defending me. Sorry you got kicked out."

"Don't be. He's been needing to be taken down a notch for a while," Max smirked grabbing a few ice packs.

I grabbed a towel and wet it. I went into the dining room where Max was icing his lip. I stood between his legs. Max's hands immediately went to my waist. His eyes were soft. I began gently cleaning the blood off his face. There was a cut by his eyebrow that I didn't notice earlier.

"Do you have a first aid kit?" I asked once I had gotten all the blood wiped away.

"Yeah, it's in my bathroom under the sink."

"I'll go get it."

I walked gingerly through the house to the bathroom. I opened up the cabinet and found the first aid kit. I grabbed the whole thing and went back downstairs. Max was icing his lip still. I set the kit down and opened it up. I pulled out some alcohol pads, antiseptic cream, and steri-strips.

I opened up the pad and carefully dabbed at the cut by his right eyebrow. Max let out a small hiss. I continued to carefully tap on it before I opened the antiseptic cream. I spread a little bit on before placing a couple steri-strips over it. I repeated the process with the cut above and on his lip. I assumed that Neymar's ring probably caused the splits.

"All patched up."

"Thank you, Fallon," he smiled.

"Mhm," I nodded, shifting to one foot since my ankle was starting to throb.

"Are you okay?"

"My ankle is hurting. I twisted it when Neymar made me fall."

"Oh shit. I didn't know that!"

Max stood up and picked me up bridal style. I let out a small yelp as he carried me into the living room and set me down on the sofa. He propped my leg up with a couple pillows.

"I'll be right back."

He hurried out. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket. There were texts from Lily, Charles, and Arthur. I decided to deal with that later. Max came back with an ice pack, some pads, and a couple wraps. He sat down next to my ankle. He put the pads down and then an ice pack. He carefully wrapped my ankle up.

"Do you want some Advil or something?"

"No I'm okay, thank you, though."

"Of course."

"Again, I'm so sorry that this ruined your New Year's."

"Don't apologise, Fallon. It's not your fault," he took my hand.

"I still feel bad."

"Please don't," he took my hand and kissed the top of it.

He grabbed a blanket and threw it over us. Max wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and I snuggled into his side. He turned on the tv just for some mindless noise. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

52K 939 58
Lilianna McNair, a young mother on a family holiday with her parents, older brother and 5-year-old daughter, decides to go out for a night on the tow...
44K 617 27
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
142K 2.6K 55
Amelie Gasly, sister to Formula 1 driver Pierre Gasly, is working hard to make a name for herself. She's set on being one of France's defenders in th...
20.5K 354 26
Lily has no interest and hates everything related to racing, too bad her best friend Sydney loves nothing more than Formula 1, when Sydney wins two p...