Stuck in the past for the for...

由 danielalcalapaez

I once read a theory which said that if you travel to the past you can't remember your future, why? Well, whe... 更多

Chapter 1 : The Trip

3 0 0
由 danielalcalapaez

Once, I read a theory that said if you travel to the past, you cannot remember your future. Why?

Well, when you travel to the past, everything goes backward, right? The physical state of people regresses. An elderly person who travels to the past would appear younger upon arrival. So, according to the theory, since the mind is part of the physical state, it also regresses, or rather, the information in the mind regresses, memories regress. Therefore, a person who travels to the past wouldn't be able to remember their future, nor would they even realize they have traveled to the past.

Now, whether it is refutable or not, it's just a theory. But it got me thinking, and I asked myself: What if it really weren't possible to transport information through time?

If you traveled to the past on a mission, but when you arrive, you don't remember why you came, in fact, you're not even aware that you come from the future and just live your life as if it were any other day?

Let me tell you the story of Ahysy, an organization that, as you can imagine, studied time travel. Founded in 2020 by William Paddley, the organization had been immersed in this study for over 50 years and was on the verge of a breakthrough.

Daniel Leman, the scientist in charge, along with his team, had successfully sent a monkey back in time three days ago, and the atmosphere within the organization was soaring. Now, they needed a volunteer from the team to be part of the first time travel in human history.

It was about a very important mission. What was the mission? It's a surprise reserved for later. Anyway, two more days passed before they thought it over, and Andrew Petty was chosen.

A virtuoso mathematician, a graduate of Oxford University, he was considered one of the most talented individuals in the organization. However, despite all his skills and the successful man he was, he told everyone that he had never been able to fulfill his dream of becoming a professional rugby player.

He was the ideal man from everyone's perspective. According to him, he had nothing to lose, no family, and had achieved everything he wanted in this life; time travel could become his most significant achievement.

On the other hand, from the organization's perspective, this man's experience, patience, and creativity made him the right person for the job. That's how, on the morning of June 25, 2070, Andrew got up, admired all the trophies he had earned as a young rugby player, looked at his math diplomas, saw graduation photos, and with a tear in his eyes, briefly admired the picture of his deceased parents and sister.

Andrew knew that time travel worked, but he thought one could never know exactly what destiny had in store – whether there might be an accident and he would die or something else. So, even more nostalgic, he touched the wood of his house, went to the backyard, watered his lawn one last time, and finally took a deep breath. He looked around, got into his old car, preferring it to the hoverbike, and headed to work.

Once he arrived, there were many Ahysy employees forming a corridor, and as he walked through, everyone started applauding.

You can now imagine the excitement and adrenaline Andrew felt at that moment, from the tip of his toe to the end of his graying hair, and rightfully so because it wasn't just any day – it was a day to make history, or rather, to become entwined with history.

- How are you feeling - asked Daniel Leman.

- It is a mixture of emotions as you can imagine, but mostly I feel curiosity, mixed with adrenaline.

- Curiosity is what's left over - Daniel answered - But don't worry, soon that curiosity will lead us to infinite knowledge.

- I hope so.

All the preparations had been made in the previous days and in the last dawn. The intention of the team was that Andrew arrives and is quiet, without seeing how they prepare the time machine and all the devices that this entailed, but just give himself the time he deems necessary, enter the machine and make history.

Once Andrew was ready, Daniel gave some final directions to the team in charge of the machine and asked Andrew to describe what he had to do.

-I will appear on the night of April 20, 2012 at the age of 12, lying in my bed. That night my parents are The house is alone so it's the perfect day to travel back in time. As soon as I arrive I have to report my status, I have to go down to the fridge and eat something because shrinking myself to travel back in time might leave me a little weak. Then I should go play the piano to see if my cognitive functions were not affected, I should go to the courtyard to exercise to see if my body responds well and then I should proceed with the mission.

- Perfect, let's do it then - said Daniel.

Before telling what happened next, I know there is curiosity about how the time machine worked and how Ahysy was going to communicate with Andrew.

Starting with the first aspect, the time machine was a cabin containing a particle accelerator. How did it work?

First, one would enter the cabin, and once the system was activated, they were disintegrated into particles. Now, as these particles were not in a defined time and space while in this state, to control their position, a particle accelerator was used, which operated as an electromagnetic field. So, as the particles were accelerated, the machine created an explosion on each side of the location where the particle was. The explosion generated a shockwave that further increased the particle's speed, but that's not all.

The cabin simulated outer space and amplified the effect of anything happening inside it. Therefore, an explosion inside created a region of curvature and density similar to what would be a black hole. This region was utilized by the particle accelerator to transport the particles through it.

Once inside the hole, scientists, through a function of the machine, could select where and when they wanted you to appear. Upon reaching the destination, the particles would regroup, and you would return to your normal size. In this way you could travel through time.

Regarding how communication would be established, since any external electronic device would be destroyed by the high-frequency waves emitted by the time machine, Ahysy developed a chip that was directly implanted into the brain. This chip not only allowed them to communicate with Andrew but also enabled them to see everything he saw. This had been tested successfully with the monkey.

Returning to the narrative, once given the order to proceed, Daniel wished Andrew good luck, and he entered the machine. Once activated, Andrew felt his body heating up to the point of almost burning, and suddenly, in the eyes of everyone, he disappeared.

-Everyone pay attention - Daniel said to the Ahysy team - As soon as the screen appears, we'll know that Andrew has successfully completed the journey to the past, and I want to be able to communicate with him.

Once the image appeared on the screen, the entire Ahysy team celebrated euphorically. Daniel asked one of the operators in charge of communication to be ready to activate the microphone.

- Ahhh, ahhh but what a burn - said Andrew in his sleep.

- Andrew can you hear me? - Daniel asked.

- Who's there?! - Andrew said desperately.

- Andrew calm down it's Daniel Leman.

- Who is Daniel Leman?! - asked Andrew, startled.

After hearing this the doctor, part of Ahysy's team said to Daniel:

- Let's not talk to him yet let his brain adapt, we don't know the impact on the mind of such a trip, let him get up and go to the bathroom until he finds a moment of calm and is aware of what is happening.

- Well, let's wait a moment," Daniel replied, somewhat uneasily.

- Hello?!!!!! - Andrew exclaimed - Dad, is that you? - Hearing no response, a frightened and trembling Andrew grabbed a stick he had in his room and carefully went outside. Any noise frightened him and caused him to turn around hastily, ready to use his "weapon".

First he checked the upstairs and when he found nothing he slowly went down the stairs.

- But doctor, I don't understand, what's wrong? I think you should already be aware of what is happening, it's been a good number of minutes - said Daniel Leman a little impatient.

- This is not just any thing, it is a time travel, it is the first time it takes place, the mind was surely shocked and is assimilating it, let it continue without intervening, we must be patient.

- I did not imagine it would be like this. I don't like this at all - Daniel said very worried.

Meanwhile Andrew had already arrived downstairs and had gone through at least 2 scares that the wind generated. He continued walking slowly, first through the kitchen and then through the living room.

Instead of being calmer for having found several empty rooms, this generated even more fear, because he was sure he had heard a voice, so he thought that the person who had mentioned his name was well hidden somewhere.

Andrew continued to check the house, going through, again, several scares through the process, until the last place he had left to check was the yard and here was the dilemma for him.

Should he go out or lock the whole house and windows? He took his cell phone and, terrified, went to hide in the basement that his family had prepared for extreme circumstances, the fear was such that he stayed there with the mentality of spending at least half a day locked up. Luckily there was a bed, he lay down and called his father.

- Dad - he said - I was in my room and someone mentioned my name, I checked the whole house and found nothing, I was afraid to go out into the yard, so I came to the basement to hide.

- You must have been confused, maybe you dreamt it and woke up with the feeling that it was real - Her father answered.

- I don't think so, I swear I heard it when I was already awake, I'm very scared.

Let me talk to your mother maybe she can go with you. Anyway, I was just supporting myself in this meeting I had, I can get someone else to do it.

- Yes please, I'm so scared. Thanks daddy.

Meanwhile at Ahysy the atmosphere was very hot. Daniel Leman was very upset looking for answers.

- What do you mean his mother is going? Do you know what this means? - he was saying to the scientists in charge of the project.

We can change the course of that timeline, any decision no matter how small, even if it's just tying your damn shoes, can lead to a different one and so on - he said louder and louder - And if we change the course of that timeline we won't be able to study the events that led us to our present, which is one of the things the board asked me to do.

They need to find answers, because hell Andrew is not conscious until now. You told me that you had prepared for all possible scenarios.

- We did Sir, but this circumstance exceeds what we had in mind - answered Matias, who was the chief scientist.

Taking a breath to try to calm down, Daniel said:

- Okay, but they need to find the answers in 15 minutes, otherwise I will have to talk some sense into him myself.

- Sir - answered Matias - we can't talk to him yet, he saw the fear that generated the first contact, if we do it once more and he is still not conscious, it could generate a mental trauma.

- And we cannot allow his mother to make a different decision than in the past because that would cause a trauma to the story. You understand? You know how to get a delicious fruit out of a nut, don't you?

- If you try to open it delicately you will never be able to, sometimes you have to crack it to get what is inside, so, if Andrew is in there and it doesn't come out the easy way, I will get it out the hard way, and if you want to avoid that you have 15 minutes to give me solutions.

With that abrupt warning, Ahysy's team started working hard.

The chip placed in Andrew's brain allowed a complete review of each brain layer and each neuron, in addition the chip had mini-capsules inside that could be exported to the rest of the human body to review other organisms and determine if something was not in normal condition.

Why didn't they activate that function of the chip as soon as they noticed that Andrew was not conscious? You may be wondering.

In fact they did, and by the time Daniel had asked them what was going on, the team had already checked the brain layers without finding anything unusual, but they had not yet checked the neurons.

Obviously as we have thousands of them, don't expect the capsules to show them one by one, because it would take years.

On the contrary, what the capsules did was to go all over the brain generating a map of all the neurons so that the scientists could see them all on their screen, in this way they could select the neuron they wanted to check it and even realize if something was wrong by the color of the neuron, if it emitted a color different from red it meant that something in that mini memory file was wrong.

In this way they started to check mainly the color, but they also checked some of them thoroughly.

- It will take more than 15 minutes - said Matías to Daniel - the brain has thousands of neurons as you know and having only 15 minutes to check them is a joke.

It's okay. Look you will have all the time in the world until Andrew's dad calls back. If the dad says to Andrew "your mom is on her way" and you haven't found a way to solve this problem by then, I'll have to step in, but if he says "son your mom can't make it but nothing bad has happened to you so far, I'm sure you're confusing it with a dream" or something like that, then you can go on with the review as normal.

- I understand Daniel. But I also recommend you to think that in case it's the first situation, you can't do the "crack the nut" thing, because it's still risky.

- Let's focus now on finding the problem, if that moment you say comes, I will act in the best way for the case, I guarantee it. - Daniel replied.

In this way, Ahysy's team checked the neurons. The result surprised everyone, instead of finding an irregularity in any of the neurons or a different color, they found that several neurons had disappeared, if you compared Andrew's current brain map with the brain map before the trip, of course.

It was as if parts of Andrew's memory had magically disappeared, as if he had no information of his past life or rather of his life. future. Everything that had to do with Ahysy, his graduation from the faculty of mathematics, absolutely everything, had been lost.

They called Daniel and Matias, in a tone of disappointment, explained the situation. Daniel's face distorted drastically.

- How the hell is this possible? - he exclaimed loudly.

- Sir, we can execute plan "z" - said an engineer.

- Not yet - said Daniel.

- Plan "z"? What the hell is plan "z"? I don't remember it being mentioned in the meetings," said a surprised Matias, inwardly expecting the worst.

- Destroy the chip - replied the engineer.

- And it would only be to destroy the chip without killing Andrew, right?

- No - answered the engineer - The chip is in Andrew's brain, therefore destroying it would result in his death - he said while he and Daniel shared uncomfortable looks.

- How?! I was never informed, nor was any of this done with my fucking consent.

- It was a necessary decision. We knew that not everyone would agree but we also knew that if we didn't have a contingency plan we put the mission at risk, we had no choice - said Daniel Leman.

- Stop the speeches Daniel - said Matias approaching Daniel - Have you already forgotten everything Andrew did for this organization! - he exclaimed, grabbing Daniel by his jacket.

- Take your hands off me - said Daniel - Of course I haven't forgotten, that's why I told the doctor not yet, it's just a precautionary measure in case the situation is too extreme. If you ask me, I prefer that his mother goes home, instead of having to kill Andrew, obviously the impact on the story would be much less.

- You'd better - said Matias.

- However - added Daniel - I also prefer that his mother does not go home. So look for the solution until the father calls.

- There is no solution, maybe wait for those missing neurons to magically appear - said the doctor.

- Well, let's hope so because otherwise I'll have to crack the nut.

- You can't do that, I told you! - exclaimed Matias - You could make things worse.

- And tell me, what would you do? Let his mother go and risk the project we have been working for for years? You know what the board asked us, not to change any event so we can study the events that led to our present with accuracy and if we allow this to happen we will be blacklisted, who knows if we would be fired and all the hours we have spent studying and working to make this possible would be in vain.

Matias, with a lot of inner anger, remained silent.

- That's what I thought - said Daniel - Try to find the solution even if it seems impossible, let's hope his father doesn't call back yet.

The atmosphere at Ahysy was tense, everyone was nervous, working, everyone was watching the screen at the same time. There were loud discussions among the team of scientists as they could not find any solution and time was running out. Meanwhile Daniel was alone in the cafeteria, pensive.

Andrew had been watching his cell phone for more than an hour, the scare that the situation had generated did not let him sleep. Suddenly his cell phone started to ring and the whole Ahysy team kept silent, expectantly.

- Hello daddy? - said Andrew.

- Son, how are you? Is everything all right?

- I'm still locked in the basement, I'm still afraid to go out.

- Don't worry son, your mom is already at the hotel getting her things ready to go home, she probably already left for there, I can't tell you, I'm in a meeting and I just went outside for a while to call you.

- Okay Dad.

- Don't worry son, everything is going to be fine, ok?

- Yes... - said Andrew with a trembling voice.

- Oh son... I promise nothing bad is going to happen.

- Okay Dad.

- I have to go, I'll call you as soon as I can.

- Ya daddy, I love you.

- Me too son, don't worry, everything will be fine.

After hearing this Daniel Leman turned to those in the room with him:

- You saw him gentlemen. I will have to talk to him, we cannot allow his mother to go home. The change in the story is already done, because he had to leave the meeting and go to the hotel, but we have to avoid a major change.

- If you do it - Matias remarked - Do it talking to him in a calm way, not exasperatedly because you will drive him crazy - Matias said worried.

- All right - answered Daniel - Well then, ready the microphone, gentlemen - he said addressing the communication team.

Andrew was already an hour and a half in the basement, the news that his mother was on her way had calmed him down, but not for long.

- Andrew - said Daniel.

- Who's there? - said Andrew very scared.

- Don't be scared please, I don't want to hurt you.

- And why are you hiding - exclaimed Andrew.

Unfortunately the basement was also large, so Andrew grabbed the stick again and began to search shakily.

- You search in vain - Daniel answered.

- Why, where are you?! where are you? - said Andrew in desperation.

- I know this sounds crazy, but I'm not anywhere in your house, not even in the yard. I'm in your head.

At that moment Andrew exhaled in a panic and said, "Inside my head?

- Inside my head? Are you a demon? Am I cursed or something?

- No, not at all. I'm not a demon. I'm talking in your head, through a chip they implanted in your brain.

- You're lying, they never implanted a chip in me! - said Andrew trembling. His eyes were wide as one who is about to descend into madness.

-Yes, you did. You just don't remember it.

- I always remember everything, stop lying to me! - shouted Andrew totally freaked out.

- You're right, but now you're just remembering everything that happened in the past.

- But that's the only thing a person can remember," said Andrew, but then realizing what Daniel was referring to, he said, "Are you telling me I came from the future or something? But how? I don't remember anything.

- No, you're not going crazy, you do come from the future. Just that something went wrong, we through the chip can check your brain and when we saw that you didn't remember anything we started to check and we found that the neurons that contained information of your future life disappeared when you came to the past, as if the last 30 years had never happened.

- Hah, conveniently it's all starting to come together.

- Andrew we're not lying to you.

-Like when a madman convinces himself... - he said, already doubting if even what he was hearing was real, then he added- And if I came from the future, tell me why I came here? What was my mission?

- We can't tell you unless we're sure you believe us and that you're on our side.

- Wait, you said can we? Who?

- Ahysy.

- What's that.

- It's the organization you work for, one that studies time travel.

- I see, and why can't they tell me the real mission? Is that a bad thing?

- No. It's not, it's just that if we tell you and then you don't believe us you could tell others and that could reach the wrong ears and everything we have fought for would be in vain.

- Hah yeah right, the point is not to clarify anything to me and that my torture continues, right? You know maybe you don't want to tell me because there is no such mission. Maybe you don't want to tell me because you are not really there - said Andrew opening his eyes like one who is about to descend into madness - Because my mind is making it all up.

- It's not making it up, we are real!

- The problem is that I'm alone - said Andrew talking to himself, as he came out of the basement running towards the courtyard.

- Andrew where are you going?!

- To Bettsy the neighbor's house, being with someone will help me stop hearing these damn voices, I shouldn't even answer - said Andrew breathing heavily - I'm going crazy.

- Andrew calm down! I'm not lying to you, listen we need to...

- Shut up!

- We need you to call your dad and tell him that everything is okay, that your mom doesn't need to come over.

- No! No more stuff! Get out of my head!

- Listen to me if you don't we'll change the course of history!

-I said shut up! I know what I'll do! I'll go to the fucking hospital and have my skull x-rayed to see if it's true that I have a fucking chip in my brain and if they find it I'll have it removed!

- Andrew you can't do that, if the chip falls....

- Get out of my head! - Andrew interrupted.

- If the chip falls into the wrong hands you'll put your whole future at risk!

- Aaaa! Get out of my head! - shouted Andrew, closing his eyes, clutching his head.

- Watch out! - someone shouted.

What happened next stunned and immobilized every Ahysy worker. As a terrified Daniel stared at the screen in disbelief.

It so happened that when Andrew said this last words he was crossing the street, as he closed his eyes while shouting, he did not see the street and a car crossing at full speed ran over him.

Yes that fast and that tragic. A dramatic event that took place in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately it was a curve and the driver turning around at full speed, saw Andrew when it was too late.

Bettsy, the neighbor, came out of her house at the noise that the accident caused and when she saw what had happened she was paralyzed and gave a scream of horror, she quickly went to her cell phone and called Andrew's mother to inform her of everything that had happened.

For Ahysy's team all this was very sad to contemplate. Seeing their partner, with whom they had worked for many years, in this situation, scared, with no memory of his future life and suffering an accident of this magnitude lowered the team's spirits, but the worst was yet to come.

If you want to continue reading, you can buy the book at 8$ in my instagram account daniel_alcalapaez (IN AMAZON IT WILL COST 9.99$) here i show u the 4 payments options:

1) You search the instagram account: daniel_alcalapaez on instagram, and you go to my first post:

This 1st post is composed of three photos, so you go to the third one and there you will find a Paypal QR code of 8$, you scan the code, send me the voucher by direct message or to the whatsapp business link in the bio and i will send you the entire ebook. I PINNED MY 1ST INSTA POST SO WILL ALWAYS BE THE FIRST POST DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT.

You can also find the QR code in my storie "Book Paypal QR" as i show in the picture.

2) If the QR code doesn't work for some reasson you can also pay in this link: https://www.paypal.me/BiblioDanAP   You enter and you put the price of 8 dolars once you pay you send me the voucher by direct message or to the whatsapp business and I send you the book

3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE PAYPAL you write me by direct message on insta or to the whatsapp telling me so and i will send you a link where you will be able to pay with any card (i didn't publish it because of privacy, you will understand when i send it to you hahah) 

HERE I LIVE YOU THE PAYPAL QR CODE just in case, you also can scan it here and then you send me the voucher to my instagram chat or to the whatsapp business in the bio and i send you the book (i will also put the QR code :

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

19.1K 190 36
"Jeremy was once a successful man with a promising career, a lovely girlfriend, friends galore, and everything that he could ever desire in the world...
213K 4K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
610 84 1
Season 1 of Between the Crystals coming summer 2024. Add this to your library and get notified when it's available for you to read. Summary: Run. Don...
564K 38.8K 47
THE YEAR IS 2050. Human-like androids have become integrated into society and every household, becoming part of our daily lives. They look exactly li...