Suicide Squad: Save the Batma...

By gokugunslinger

(Fixing the KTJL story.) Brainiac has arrived on earth and the Justice League is not here to save the citizen... More

Note of importance
Prologue (Clown)
DAMN IT ROCKSTEADY
Prologue (Amazon)
Knightmare
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4 (updated)
Ch 5
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10 (NOT AN APRIL FOOLS)
Doissers

Ch 6

1K 28 59
By gokugunslinger

"Y'know Waller, if you wanted someone to kill the Justice league, why didn't you get that Red Hood fellow?"

Boomerang asked her over the comms as he finished dressing up in his gear. A simple blue shirt with grey pants and a huge brown jacket over him along with a blue toboggan on his head. On his right arm was a speed force gauntlet that would allow him to tap into the Flash's power, although it was weaker than the hero's speed. Waller had gotten her hands on it and Boomerang called dibs on the gauntlet. King shark emerged from beside him, wearing nothing but green combat pants and boots, showing off his upper chest to everyone. Deadshot walked out from behind his medical bed wearing a red jumpsuit with a thick black bullet proof vest on his chest and a white helmet with a single red scope on the right eye, his arm mounts repaired fully.

"Don't you think I would've done that if he was available?" Waller sighed as she stood at the security console in the main room of the hall of Justice. The security system was hooked up to the watchtower, a satellite that kept watch over the planet. Waller rubbed her eyes as she watched Deadshot adjust to the jet pack on his back. "Red Hood is difficult to find.....Deathstroke had disappeared along with Copperhead, and Scarecrow is still cowering in his cell after what Batman did to him."

"Heh, no Kiddin'." Boomerang chuckled at the last part, rubbing his nose as they waited for Harley. "Last time I saw him he was to scared to even sleep with the lights off, mumbling about a demon bat and all that shit."

The three men turned around as the door opened itself. Harley walked towards them, fresh makeup on her face as she wore a sleeveless shirt that stopped upon reaching her belt. She wore black tight shorts with a belt of bullets around her waist along with a pair of fishnets that made their way down into her knee high boots, the right one was red and the left was black.

(For Harley's boots, just think of the ones she wore in Arkham Asylum).

"What's up boys?!" Harley laughed as she came to a stop, her baseball bat sheathed on her back as she looked over the others. Their current outfits were the same ones they wore before they were caught and sent to Arkham. The three men stared at here in confusion before tilting their heads, Shark was mostly confused on how her outfit could count for armor. Waller sighed as Harley placed her hands on her hips. "Well......what's our mission boss lady? Just saying 'kill the justice league' isn't really much to go off of....."

"Hm........your right Quinn, it's not so simple as that." Waller sighed before walking over to the console behind her. She tapped a few buttons before a hologram of the city popped up before them, separated into four sections of color. The green zone is where the Hall of Justice is, the other sections start becoming yellow, orange, and the final one was red, which was the closest one to the giant Skull ship. The map soon zoomed in on the yellow area before closing in on a random road. "We'll need more help before you go against the Justice League. We need to know what can kill these aliens more effectively than just bullets........that's where Poison Ivy comes in."

Harley choked suddenly and Boomerang tilted his head. Even Deadshot and Shark seemed confused upon hearing Waller's statement.

"Poison Ivy? Waller, you definitely haven't been keeping up with current, much less past events!" Boomerang shook his head, the Australian was confused even more than he already was. He'd like to believe he was actually passed out in his favorite bar, achieving a level on drunkenness no one has reached before. "She's dead Waller! Ever since Scarecrow gave Gotham a cropdustin' five years ago!"

"Let me finish Boomerang." Waller spoke to the convict, staring at him before smaller images appeared above the hologram, showing different parts of the city with rather thick vines and plant life poking out from the roads, buildings, floor tiles, and even a drain to a bathtub. Harley's eyes widened slightly upon seeing the unique plant life. "Before Brainiac's invasion I've been getting reports of rapid plant growth around Lexcorp tower and throughout the city. I didn't think much of it before Brainiac began invading. Poison Ivy has returned or someone with similar powers like her." Waller shook her head and looked back at the convicts before pointing at the random road on the map. "The sensors detected seismic activity last night as something moved under the city before stopping right here. Your new assignment is to reach Poison Ivy before she goes back into hiding, understood?"

"........cool."

Harley muttered before nodding her head at Waller. The others reluctantly agreed before Waller dismissed them with a wave. The convicts began walking away, out of the room and made their way across the building as soldiers began filling the Hall of Justice with weapon, food, and medical supplies as the hero hideout was soon transformed into a stronghold for Waller's forces. As they passed by, Harley got to look at a small banner taken down from the room......it looked like the Hall of Justice was preparing for children to arrive.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"So Harley, how do you feel about this?"

Harley tilted her head as she hanged on Shark's back, the giant fish running on all fours across the city as blue energy radiated off him. Harley was the only one without a means of transversing the city and was forced to rely on Shark to help her. Harley pressed a finger against her ear piece after hearing Deadshot speak.

"I mean, The Batman still being alive." Deadshot spoke as he flew through the air, a holographic map of the city in his hand that was leading them to the spot. "He's supposed to be dead......but isn't. You seemed to have taken that pretty well...."

"......Hehehe, yep......shocker for sure." Harley chuckled nervously as Shark ran up the side of a building. The clown did her best to make sure her hands didn't accidentally poke inside the giant sea creature's gills. The clown shook her head as she did her best not to hurl. "Are we near the spot yet Blackshot?"

"The name is Deadshot, stupid ass Clown." Deadshot huffed as he flew down to the streets below, surrounded by many buildings under a freeway. Shark jumped off a building and landed beside Deadshot in a crouch, Harley quickly getting off the shark as Boomerang appeared beside them with purple energy pouring off him before it disappeared. Deadshot looked over the map before lowering his arm. "We're here.......but I don't see her."

"Oi, I think I found her!" Boomerang chuckled as he walked forward before kneeling down in front of something. The other convicts peeked over boomerang's shoulder and spotted a big red flower on a rather thick green stem, poking out of the sidewalk. It only reached Harley's knee in the sense of height. Boomerang looked the flower over with a smirk before looking back at Harley with a smirk. "She's lost a few pounds, don't ya think Harley? I'm gonna need to learn her workout schedule....."

"Are you retarded or something?!" Deadshot question as Harley chuckled at Boomerang's comment. The assassin walked up and pulled Boomerang back, staring at the confused Australian before pointing his finger at the flower. "Poison Ivy is a redhead. That is a plant. I swear you must be the dumbest sonuvabitch I ever—WOAH!!!!"

The four convicts nearly lost their balance as the ground began to shake. They looked behind them and watched as the road began to crack as something made it's way towards them. The road broke apart as the trail made it's way through the convicts before reaching the flower. Soon the flower bursted out of the ground as a thick vine shot up into the air and the convicts took cover from the debris, Harley hiding behind King Shark as the rubble bounced off his dense body. As the convicts came out from behind cover, Harley peeking over Shark's shoulder, they stared in awe at the giant plant before them. It was gigantic and moved like a serpent as it slowly turned it's "head" to look down at them. It looked similar to a Venus flytrap, except it's mouth was shaped like a dinosaur's maw with lovely pink petals acting as a mane. The convicts stared in awe as the giant plant slowly lowered it's head down towards the group, remaining a couple feet above them as it's maw opened, letting out a cloud of green mist from it's mouth.

"HA! I don't believe it! She's alive!!!!" Harley shouted in joy as she emerged from behind Shark, looking at her teammates in joy before turning towards the giant plant, waiting for the mist to clear. "There's my favorite redhead Pammy! Come out and give your friend a......?"

As the mist cleared a single figure walked towards the edge of the maw, and it wasn't what anyone, especially Harley, could expect. Standing on the edge was no grown woman, but a young child. Her skin was light green and her hair consisted of red leaves that stood out amongst other leaves. She wore a white and black jumpsuit that left her tiny feet and hands uncovered. On her right shoulder was a couple of flowers and a green vial with the Lexcorp symbol on it. Around her neck was a piece of red cloth that acted like a cape. Her eyes were bright emerald green and scanned the convicts in curiosity and confusion.

"Hmm.......she is not made of meat." Shark spoke up after smelling the air. Deadshot looked at the shark as Boomerang and Harley continued staring at the child. Shark looked at Deadshot and tilted his head. "Is this what they call a vegan?"

"I......I don't know you......why are you here?" The child spoke, her voice sounding confused as to why she was here. Harley tilted her head before spotting the Lexcorp veil on her shoulder. The young child stomped her tiny feet before tilting her head again. "C'mon Daphne, I only wanted some sunlight, not........these people."

"Waiiiiiiit just a minute there red." Harley spoke up, making the young girl tilt her head again as she looked at the clown. The child didn't seem to know the nickname Harley called the woman-who-is-now-a-child. Harley raised her eyebrow before lowering her arms. "You........don't remember me?"

"No........never seen you a day in my life." The child spoke as two plants busted out from beside the plant she was standing in, they weren't bigger than the fly trap but split apart in three pieces at the tip, glowing orange as they were pointing at the four convicts. "Don't think about hurting me........I got superpowers."

"Jeez..........Luthor and Lexcorp did a number on you, didn't they?" Harley spoke up, getting over the hurt of her friend forgetting her. The young child raised an eyebrow as the clown pointed a finger at the child. "He put you in that outfit too?"

"Wha—NO..........I stole it when I broke out!" The girl gave a childish smile as she placed her hands on her hips. She giggled, believing herself to be quite the toughest dog on the block. The green child sighed before shaking her head. "He put me in a room in his tower. If I did what he wanted I got a whole hour of sunlight every month."

"Well....." Shark spoke up, gulping as the two plants pointed at him, ready to shoot whatever they had at him. He was (literally) the biggest threat after all. The shark gulped again before coughing into his fist. "W-what did this Luthor of house Lexcorp make you do?"

"Hm.....weapons. M-making them more effective against alien invaders. Y'know, they're very susceptible to plant toxins." The child chuckled as she sat on the edge of the plant's maw, her legs dangling beside the giant tooth between her legs. The child ran a hand through her 'hair' and smiled. "And I know a lot about plant toxins."

"Yeah, we know...." Boomerang spoke up before scratching his head, looking at the child with an exaggerated smile. "That's why they call you Poison Ivy."

"What.....no, it's just Ivy......weirdo." Ivy spoke up as she shook her head at the strange man, unaware of his Australian heritage. Deadshot pressed a finger against his earpiece in his helmet and nodded as the others focused on Ivy.

"Well where is Lex Luthor then?" Deadshot questioned after taking his finger off his earpiece. The child Ivy once again tilted her head at the man. "Surely you'd know where he is?"

"I don't know.......maybe still up in his tower.....didn't get a good look when I was running away." Ivy replied, adding a bit of sarcasm at the end of her sentence. Quinn chuckled, it seemed like Poison Ivy's sarcastic charm never died. Ivy's eyes suddenly widened as she began looking around frantically, eyes scanning the sky with worry. "They're here.....those things from the stars."

"Aw shit." Deadshot cursed as he prepared his arm mounts for combat. Boomerang pulled out two boomerangs from inside his coat and looked around nervously as Shark unsheathed his scythes. Harley watched as the giant flytrap, 'Daphne' retracted itself into the air, closing it's maw on the child as the two other plants started aiming at the unseen enemy. Harley sighed before grabbing her submachine gun and got to cover.

Aliens appeared from down the street as they roared upon seeing the giant plant. They began firing upon them, one blast hitting Shark in the shoulder, but he didn't move an inch, unaffected by the weak blast. Deadshot and Harley unleashed fire upon the aliens as the extraterrestrials ran towards them. Shark prepared himself for a worthy battle, scythes at the ready as he prepared for the enemy that would test his skill in combat and strength.

Shark dashed forward as Ivy's plants shot out several sharp bone-like spears at the bigger enemies, pinning them to the road and killing them instantly. Shark reared back his right arm before swinging forward, cleaving the closet alien in half before biting on another's head, purple blood sprayed everywhere as he lifted the alien up and slammed it on the ground before throwing it at another alien. Combat was in his veins and now he could finally—!

Shark's smile faded as several more plants busted out of the road and building, slamming down onto the platoon of aliens and turning them into purple paste. The others watched as the plants rapidly crushed any alien nearby, moving fast like a child on sugar before the aliens were no more. The plants however kept on smashing the dead aliens till they were nothing but barley recognizable splatter on the road. Boomerang stared at Harley with wide eyes, the clown shrugging her shoulders as the laughing of the little girl could be heard echoing through the plants.

"Task force X, report."

Waller's voice came through the comms as the four stared at the never ending carnage and bloodlust before them. Harley felt a tinge uncomfortable as one alien was being pupated by several vines of plants, making it watch in awe before doing a silly dance that almost made you forget it was screaming in agony.

"Have you secured Ivy?"

"Eh........about that Waller." Harley nervously chuckled as she pressed her earpiece, still unease from the child's sadistic nature. How was she going to tell Waller that Ivy was a child? Harley watched as Daphne let out a deep laugh, mimicking the little girl. ".....it's kinda of a funny story now that I think about it....."

"Good, I'll take that as a yes. Now hurry up and tag her. Bruce Wayne was spotted traveling in your direction."

"Hell, why does Waller need us?" Boomerang questioned as he continued watching the sadistic torture Ivy inflicted upon the poor aliens, letting one call for help before killing it. More aliens came running around the corner before the plants began killing the reinforcements. "Ivy is ripping them all to shreds with ease! It's like a kangaroo who just spotted a family of puppies."

"Hmmm........I'm tired." The plants echoed Ivy's voice as the plants continued smashing the aliens. Daphne opened her jaw and let the child get more sunlight, yawning as she fell on her back. She must've been exhausted from her short outburst of energy. "Gotta find Lex......and pump him full of toxins......before suffocating him in a seedpod."

"Uh......hold that thought kid." Deadshot spoke as he and the others turned around, slowly walking away to converse with each other. Boomerang quickly dashed towards Ivy with the speed force before appearing beside Deadshot. Ivy scratched the back of her neck as the four spoke to one another. "Alright look, all of us are bad people."

"With ya so far Blackshot." Harley hummed as she nodded her head, scratching her under boob as she did so. She nodded her head again before patting Deadshot's shoulder. "Continue good sir."

".....But injecting one of those bombs into a little girl's head...." Deadshot continued as he looked at the others, his voice revealing his view on the matter. "Does that seem.......wrong to anyone else?"

"She is no mere child....." Shark looked back at Ivy, who continued scratching her neck. Shark hummed before shaking his head. "But she deserves to grow free.....after knowing what Waller did to my father, I wouldn't wish service to Waller on my greatest enemy."

"H-hey, Batman is on the way! You know, the bastard who kicked our asses?!" Boomerang spoke as he nervously looked back at Ivy, who stared down at her tiny fingers, showing a small amount of blood. Boomerang turned back to the others before nervously smiling. "I-it's not like we can just—AH?!"

Boomerang yelled outloud as something hit the ground in front of them. Deadshot aimed his guns at the individual along with Shark who gripped his scythes. Batman was there in front of them before he stood up straight. Harley played along and pointed her gun at the hero, but was prepared to shoot the others. Batman stared at them, narrowing his eyes at the convicts.

"H-hey......look we got nothing against you.....except for Harley." Deadshot spoke up, lowering his guns as he tried reasoning with the millionaire. Shark looked down at Deadshot in surprise before relaxing his muscles. Harley faked anger and kept her gun pointed at the hero, giving him a wink unknown to her coworkers. "We're just here to—WOAH?!?!"

A plant came in from behind them, wrapping around the four tightly before lifting them into the air, turning them upside down as Daphne leaned in beside the convicts, Ivy glaring at Batman.

"I know you......." Ivy hissed at the hero, who stared at her from his spot. Ivy held her head as flashes of another life played out of order, but the constant factor was of this man in dark attire. She bared her teeth at the hero before turning to the convicts, a sadistic smile on her face. "Well, time to die! This is what you get for leading the aliens and him to me, disgusting humans and......fish! So, how do you wanna die?! Flytrap, or would you rather be an incubator for my plants?!?!?!"

"I PUT A BOMB IN YOUR HEAD!!!!"

Boomerang yelled before the Batman could bargain for they're lives. The other three convicts turned towards Boomerang as the plant around them loosened. Ivy's sadistic smile was replaced with a look of horror on her face. The other convicts bared their teeth at the Australian

"Y'HEARD ME IVY?! I PUT A BOMB IN YOUR HEAD!" Boomerang shouted again as Batman's eyes widened behind his cowl. Ivy gasped as she held the small wound on the back of her neck, breathing rapidly from the revelation. Harley looked at Boomerang with scorn before the Australian continued speaking. "YOUR LIKE US NOW! IF YOU EVEN THINK OF KILLING US, YOUR HEAD WILL POP LIKE A PIÑATE—OFFF!!!!!"

The convicts were dropped on the pavement below, making them grunt as they slowly pushed themselves up. As they did, Harley made the first move and punched Boomerang in the chest, Deadshot then smacked Boomerang across the face, and finally Shark came in and sucker punched Boomerang across the face. The Australian hit the pavement again, letting out a painful grunt before staying where he was. The convicts, forgetting Batman's presence turned to Ivy as Daphne slowly lowered her to the ground. The child hopped off, crying as she fell to her knees and cried her eyes out. 

"H-hey, Red......" Harley whispered to the child as she cried loudly, rubbing her eyes as a flood of tears came out of her small eyes. "W-we didn't mean for this to happen....."

As Harley tried consulting the child, Deadshot and Shark turned around and watched as Batman slowly made his way towards the child. Knowing better than to get in his way, the two stepped to the side and let the dark knight walk past them. Harley looked back over her shoulder and spotted Batman standing behind her. They stared into each other's eyes before the clown slowly stepped away, allowing the Batman to see Ivy.

"S-stay away from me!" Ivy cried out when she saw Batman standing before her, the dark knight staring down at her. She closed her eyes again as more flashes of the hero before her appeared again, always hurting her. She was confused and didn't know what to do. She expected him to hit her, hurt her, shame her here and now......

But in never came.

No pain.

No bruises.

No broken bones.

When Ivy looked up at the Hero again he wasn't standing over her, instead he was kneeling in front of her. His eyes were calm and he gave off an aura of.....safety.

"Ivy......would you like to come with me?" He spoke slow and soft as he stared into the emerald eyes of the child. The three convicts, even Harley, felt their eyes widened from how soft the knight could be. Ivy sneezed before wiping the snot on her sleeve. "I have a somewhere you can stay, protected from the aliens.......you can have as many plants as you want."

"...........I don't like bats.....there scary." Icy whimpered as she stared at the hero, to tired to run away from the man. "I won't go into another lab......you'll just hurt me like he did."

"Hmm....." Batman hummed softly as Ivy spoke, staring at the man with less fear than before. The millionaire hummed again before gently reaching into his belt and pulled out a small rose before handing it to her. Ivy was still crying as she slowly grabbed the rose and looked it over. "I don't understand how you feel right now, but I'm guessing your tired and scared......especially with that bomb in your head......what if I told you I could disable it?"

"Huh?" Ivy hummed as she wiped away her tears again as snot slowly poured out of her nose. The convicts stared at Batman with interest now as boomerang remained unconscious.

"I got a place where you can have all the sunlight you want......I won't even make you fight the monsters if you don't want to." Batman softly spoke as he observed her emerald eyes. The young-plant based human returned his stare by observing the amount of skin he showed. "I got some fresh clothes for you to wear and a butler who can make you some hot chocolate......Daphne can come with us as well.........does that sound nice?"

"..................Okayyyyyy." Ivy mumbled before Batman held his hand out to her. She slowly grabbed onto his offered hand, her small fingers wrapping around his thumb. Batman slowly lifted his other hand and pressed a button on his gauntlet. Ivy and the convicts watched as the Batmobile came around the corner on autopilot before coming to a stop. The three convicts did nothing to stop the hero as he slowly walked over to the armored hybrid of car and tank. As the glass of the vehicle slid forward and revealed the driver's seat, Ivy lightly tugged on the Dark Knight's hand, making the hero look down at her with a soft gaze. ".......C-can I ride up front?"

"Sure....."

Harley and the others watched as Batman picked Ivy up before getting into the Batmobile. The glass visor slid to a shut before the vehicle soon took off to the streets, leaving the convicts alone.

"Task Force X, Come in Task force X! Do you have Ivy?!"

'Aw shit...' Deadshot thought to himself before shaking his head as Shark watched Daphne and the other plants go back into the ground.

Harley stared forward and smiled softly after seeing Bruce handle the situation.

'He'd make a good father.'

End.

Hope you guys enjoyed.

I personally like the child Ivy idea. And yes, Batman is kind to a child reincarnation of his enemy. Simply put, if you can't write a Batman whose calm with children, thats not Batman. That's punisher wearing a funny hat.

Criticism is welcome.

Have a good day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418 14 5
Scarecrow's plans to destroy Gotham end up bringing Batman and the Arkham Knight face to face, but it isn't the meeting Batman had in mind. Can the A...
254K 9.3K 22
Y/N Wayne is the daughter of Batman. When there is an emergency at Arkham she goes with her father to get things under control. She is separated from...
908 2 24
Melissa Wayne is a 14 year old girl originally from LA. Her uncle happens to be Billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne. Which means her cousin (and best fr...
8.9K 244 52
War is on the horizon as Superman prepare his army for the invasion against the Green Laterans Corp. With very little hope remaining and Batman under...