Warm Winters

By AnonymousGirl0_0

He's free unless he confessed. He is free unless we had real evidence against him. He is free to torcher me w... More

Chapter 1 - Denial and Anger
Chapter 2 - Bargaining and Depression
Chapter 3 - Apology
Chapter 5 - A Real Friend
Chapter 6 - Panic Attacks
Chapter 7 - Never Alone Anymore
Chapter 8 - You're Different and It's a Good Thing?
Chapter 9 - Party Foul
Chapter 10 - Story Time?
Chapter 11 - Story Time
Chapter 12 - Hope

Chapter 4 - Burn Marks

1 0 0
By AnonymousGirl0_0

TW Chapter mentions scenarios of Self Harm and Self Loathing

I couldn't believe I said those things sincerely and he was listening to music the whole time.

The guys were going to continue the night so I offered to take Giselle home. I pulled up on her street when she cursed. "Can you park a little away from the house?" She asked.

"Is everything ok?" I asked.

"No, my step-dad is home and I don't like to be here when he's here. All he does is nag and talk about how great his biological children are." She rolled her eyes.

"My mom isn't home a lot if you wanted to stay at my house," I offered. I never invited anyone over before and I don't know what came over me to do so, but she had already done so much for me.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm going to sneak in and pack a bag and I'll be right out." She hopped out of the car and I watched as she slipped into a window. I locked the doors and turned the lights off so I could sit unnoticed in the dark. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out to a random number.

'I'll keep this night in mind. The betrayal you displayed. I tried to be kind, but you didn't want to stay. You have only yourself to blame for what I do next. You have no idea of the fire you lit in me. I'll clean your mess. You know what I mean,' It read.

I knew who it was. It was plain as day. I screenshotted the message and forwarded it to my investigator. I knew what she was going to say. They would need my phone to see if they could track the number, but we know they won't. He was rich. He knows what he's doing. Blake is smart and manipulative.

In the messages he was talking about me being around other boys. The betrayal. His anger. The fire. Getting me back under his control. My mess. He was weirdly obsessed with riddles and poems. I should have seen that as red flag number one. I was blinded by the gifts he would give me. How he would love and pamper me. I confined in him in my situation and he used it against me.

I jumped when Giselle knocked on my window and I unlocked the door. I shut my phone off and we drove away to my home. "Thanks for waiting for me. Surprisingly no one was home so I took a quick rinse."

I chuckled, "I understand. You did fall into that pile of dirt."

"I still blame Luis. He pulled me off of Iker." She huffed. We neared my street. "Is your mom a nurse?" She asked.

"Uh no. Why?"

"Whose that woman in those... tight scrubs?" She pointed.

There was my mom in overly tight scrubs and fake hospital tools and a bag standing on the sidewalk. I parked in the driveway. "Mom what are you wearing?" I frowned.

"Costume party Daisy," She groaned. "Can we not have this conversation right now I'm hungover."

"It's nine thirty PM how are you hungover?" I rolled my eyed.

She glared at me and I threw my hands down in defeat. A car pulled up and she hopped into it. "I'll be back tomorrow." She said.

I locked my door and Giselle followed me into my home. I groaned upon seeing all the bottles everywhere and the kitchen a mess. This is why I don't bother going into her room.

"I-I'm so sorry for the mess. She is just..."

"Hey don't worry about it," Giselle said picking up a few bottles.

"What are you doing?" I asked halting in my steps.

"Helping you clean silly," She chuckled. "Do you have a trash bag?"

"Giselle you really don-"

"Bag hurry," She said armful of beer bottles.

I rushed to the kitchen and opened a new bag. She dumped the bottles in and we smiled to one another. "Thanks for your help." I said.

"What friends are for, Daisy. Real friends."

—————

"You have never seen that show?!" Giselle gasped. "It's like the ultimate mean girl show." She paused. "No offense."

"It's fine," I laughed. "Let's watch it then,"

I pressed play to the show 'Gilmore Girls'. We sat in silence as it played. I grew invested with the plot. I never had nights like this with friends. Usually were always out or having a pool party or just parting, but this was a nice change. Most kids at my school were rich and because of this they got into the school easily. There were three ways to get into our school. One is to be rich. Two pass with flying colors on the entrance exam, but you have to go on a wait list. Three know someone like myself. I was on the wait list, but my aunt was able to get me off of it.

I used to be obsessed with education and my future. I wanted to prove my dad wrong that I am more than what he thought I was going to become. Then I got sidetracked. I fell into the wrong crowd and peer pressure. In freshman year I began dating a senior, but when things got too real I broke up with him.

"Daisy can I ask you something?" Giselle asked.

"Sure. What is it?" I asked sitting up.

"Not that it's any of my business, but after we started hanging out people have been saying stuff about why you changed and stuff. Are any of it true?" She fidgeted with her fingers.

"Oh... What have they been saying?" I asked, but did I really want to know?

"Well there was that you got pregnant?"

I laughed. "Yeah no,"

"Then there was you got a DUI and blamed it on your friends so you had a falling out."

"No, all of us are still driving right?" I pointed out.

"Right. There were a few others that weren't as popular, but the most popular is you cried rape?" She winced at her own words. I gripped the shirt tightly in my hand. "I-I'm not shaming you or anything if that happened or trying to make assumptions, but t-that's a big thing for people to s-"

"Don't listen to rumors Giselle," I said with a sad smile.

Something clicked in her head and she nodded her head in agreement. She laid back down on the bed and continued to watch the show. We began to drift asleep on my bed after a few episodes.

————

"Crap. Crap. Crap." Giselle cursed.

I groaned and sat up to see her in her underwear rushing to get dress. "You good?"

"It's ten!"

"And?"

"Were late for school!"

"Screw school," I frowned laying back down.

"No Daisy. Up. Now." She pulled the covers off of me and I whined. She grabbed my ankles and dragged me off the bed. "Go shower I can smell you from downstairs." She laughed.

I rubbed my side where I fell and went into the bathroom. I hopped into the shower feeling the hot water hit my shoulders. I wanted to vomit. Feeling more nauseous than I usually feel. I could feel my chest heavy with anxiety weighing on it. The steam from the water made breathing feel harder.

I hugged myself as I sank to my knees. Everything hurt and burned now. A knock sounded on my door, "Daisy you ok? You've been in there for a while." Giselle asked through the door.

"Y-yeah. I don't feel so well I may have to stay home," I stuttered. I heard her mumble something and then quiet.

I felt cold, I couldn't feel the heat from the shower. I turned up the water finally feeling the heat.

I finally built up the strength to get up and shut the water off and step out. I wiped down my mirror and wrapped a towel around myself feeling a stinging sensation on my back.

I hissed and pulled the towel low on my back so it wouldn't touch it. I turned around to the mirror and gasped.

How did I not feel it?

I struggled to touch it hissing in pain. I can't walk out there for Giselle to see. I can't put on clothes it will hurt. I burned myself. I am an idiot. I could feel my lips quiver and my vision became blurry. 'Stop it. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't f-ing cry Daisy.' I scolded myself.

The door burst open and I pulled the towel closer to my chest. "Hey sorry for barging in, but I was getting worried an-" Giselle paused at the scene in front of her.

Me, crying, half wrapped in a towel covering fresh burns. 

----

What do you think about Giselle?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Suicidal By Kailyn

Non-Fiction

8.2K 173 15
This is the story of an abused teenage girl, Maddie. Her need to die has become overwhelming and she is trying to find a way to help herself before s...
261 0 11
I was close to dying if not from my sister. I went from bitches at school to my alcoholic, addict abusing mother. Then my best friend decided he want...
20.8K 409 61
(I wrote this story when I was in 8th grade so don't hate me for it, I know it's pretty bad but I was proud of it. So just warning you.) Jj is havin...
9.3K 230 26
nemesism (n.): frustration, anger, or aggression directed inward toward oneself and one's way of living ~~~~ Spencer Reid has never had it easy. He s...