Totally Not Cliche

De Ariadiannne

"Where's the fun in rules if you can't break them?" **** Mais

CHAPTER 1/Prologue
The Deal
Chris
The Plan
The Meeting
The Encounter
Early Issues
It's Not The End of the World
The Date
No Questions
Tell me you're lying
I Am Running Crazy
Abandoning the Job Now Are We
Touché
Shh
We Sound Like All Those Couples on TV Don't We?
Oh I'm Such a Good Friend.
Distractions
You Really Want To Know?
Are You Nervous?
Pretty Obvious
Are You Quoting Harry Styles Now?
Cool Right?
Only For You
Let's Gossip
Mr. Random
My love...

Shall We?

1 0 0
De Ariadiannne

                "Faithful through generations
                    So why would He fail now?
                                  He won't!"

🫧🫧🫧

A pillow came flying at me seemingly from nowhere, hitting me straight in my face.

Xavier popped his head into my room from the hall, a cheeky grin on his face. I tried to hit him too the same way he did me -unsurprisingly accurate- but he dodged and it fell on the floor instead. I rolled my eyes, returning them back to my book.

But of course, Xavier just couldn't let me rest. He plopped down, right next to me, his gaze never leaving me for one second. I heaved a sigh, shutting the book loudly and turning to him with an eyebrow raised.

"Hi?"

His grin widened. "Hello."

I blinked at him.

He blinked at me.

"What do you want?"

"Quality time with my girlfriend." He answered, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him.

As much as I wanted to melt into him, he interrupted my quiet reading time. That is unacceptable.

Call me Lemongrab.

"I want quality time with my book." I waved said book right in his face.

"You can have both."

"Not really." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." He sighed, his playful demeanor dissipating. "I also wanted to apologize. For today."

"No, I should be apologizing." I kept my book aside, resting my hands on his shoulders. "You're right, I always jump to conclusions. It's not fair to you, communication is key."

"But I didn't tell you I was coming."

"And I jumped to conclusions about your cousin."

He stared at me for a second, before a teasing expression took over his features. "What exactly did you think was going on?"

Heat shot up to my cheeks, my grip on his shoulder tightening as I glared at him. "Nothing important."

He laughed, though it sounded strained. Probably because of my tight grip on him and the look in my eyes.

"Definitely."

He leaned down, pressing his lips gently to my forehead. My eyes fluttered close on their own as I reveled in the feeling, and as I finally let myself melt into him, my grip loosened. They lingered there, before meeting mine for a short but sweet kiss.

"We can work on it." He whispered, planting another kiss on my nose.

"Work on what?" I whispered back. To be honest, everything was flying out of my head with him so close.

"Your tendency to run away."

"Yeah, we can." I smiled gratefully at him. "Thank you, Xavier."

He shook his head. "Thank you."

***
I sat between Xavier and Andrew with a book in my hand in the theatre room. The latter was so engrossed in the movie, though we're only twelve minutes into it. I think he just didn't want to pay attention to us due to the possibility of him being the third wheel. While Xavier, was giving me the side eye.

"What?" I snapped at him, lowering my voice to a whisper.

"Amy, who brings a book to watch a movie? It's a book."

"It's not just a book, Xavier. It's a journey. Though, I don't expect you to understand."

He feigned hurt. "Hey! I do understand. You know what? Give me that." He whisper yelled.

"Ok then." I handed him the book. "You could learn a thing or two."

He scoffed, understanding what I meant when he saw that it was a romance novel. "I don't need to."

"Well...." I dragged the word. "Your performance needs a little...improvement."

He glared at me. "You need a lot of improvement."

"I do not."

"You do."

"Do not."

"You do."

"Do not."

"You do."

"Do-"

"Guys, I'm trying to watch a movie here, unlike some people." Andrew complained, throwing a handful of pop corn at us.

I let out a laugh, which just made both guys glare at me. "What?"

"Shush, Amy." My very polite brother commanded.

I rolled my eyes. "It's not even that interesting."

"You wouldn't know. Why? Because you aren't even watching."

"Xavier is also not watching."

"What? I'm definitely watching the movie. You were distracting me." Xavier defended.

"You-"

"Whatever." Andrew interrupted me. "Just. Shut. Up."

Then he put all his focus back on the movie and acted like nothing happened, while I glared at Xavier.

He just winked at me.

***
The next morning I found myself battling with nature as I made a mental note to never trust the weather forecast as much as I did last night. The wind, which seemed to be having a bad morning for some reason, decided to make my morning bad too. The forecast told me it would be perfectly sunny, no wind at all, clear skies...so I decided to style my hair for a change.

But now it looks like a monkey's playground.

I sighed, reaching out to brush my hair down with my hand for the umpteenth time. And it's only around 8am. Still, I didn't let it deter me from going to the bleachers to meet Star.

I thought about it last night, and talked about it with Xavier and Eli too. It was time one of us did something about the way our friendship turned, and I knew she was waiting for me to do it. So, with determination -and annoyance with the wind- in my step, I walked out to the field, looking around for any sign of my dark-haired friend.

I spotted her sitting in the bleachers with a book in her hand, which she didn't pay attention to. She also didn't pay attention to the way the wind was whipping her hair every which way. Her eyes stayed on the sky, which made me look at the sky too.  It was beautiful, although I didn't see much, but of course Star found something utterly beautiful in it. Too beautiful to take her eyes off of.

"Hey." I sat next to her, watching as the confused expression took over her features. It only lasted a second before a relieved one came, then an overly excited one. She tried to bite back a grin.

"Hey."

"I figured you'd be here...I'm kinda surprised you still are."

"It's because I was hoping you'd join me." She looked back up to the sky, folding her legs up to her chest and resting her face on her knees.

"I'm glad I did." I smiled.

"Trust me, I am too."

"I trust you." I told her gently.

She raised her head up to look at me, something vulnerable in her eyes. We stared at each other, doing that telepathic thing only best friends can do.

Best friends.

"I was thinking about it last night," I began. "I don't think we should just become...friends. I want my best friend back." She beamed, and all of a sudden I couldn't care less about the wind.

"I thought it was over."

"Come on, you think I could just move on?" I grinned, my eyes filling with tears. Stupid tears. "Oh no, we're acting like sappy couples again." She laughed, and I joined her. And then she choked, and I joined her. We were both choking on tears in a matter of seconds.

It was ridiculous, and if it wasn't us and I was watching this type of thing on TV, I'd burst out laughing at how stupid the characters are. Maybe I'm being watched right now and the people are laughing at me and how stupid we are. But I didn't care, I continued choking along with Star.

What a perfect way to work things out, don't you think?

We were interrupted by the faint sound of the bell. It was only then I noticed that the violent wind had calmed down. In fact, everywhere seemed a lot calmer.

"Shall we?" I stood, stretching my hand out to her. She took it, letting me help her up. Then, she linked our arms together.

"We shall."

Heyyyyyyyyÿÿÿ
Short chapter, I know, but I hoped you still liked it.

Quick question, how many of you love the sky? Or the clouds? Or the sunset? I love it all!!

Anyways, have a good day/ night!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

52 0 14
"Love is a lifestyle, not just a feeling ..."
SILENT DREAMER De Joy_Scott

Ficção Adolescente

1K 552 30
"𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴" 𝘐 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗- 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛-𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝙸𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚎�...
664 44 17
"Relationships," he starts. "They can either go horribly wrong or very right." COMPLETED
611 67 30
Yes, I know that he's my ex, but can't two people reconnect? "I only see him as a friend, " the biggest lie I ever said.