His Listening Ear [A HuskerDu...

By Plushjimia

Husk , The Known Alcoholic At The Hazbin Hotel Has been struggling With his liquor intake. Charlie can't he... More

Hypocritical Husk
Hopeful Hotel Host
Late Night Comforts
I Understand You
A Lil Chat
Studio Beats
Tender Touch
A Gamblers "Gift"
Backstory on The Tower
His Protector
Piglet Party
A little 'Chat'
Words Are Hard
Suite Surprise
Confirmation
Nightmares
The Hoodie
Bedroom Fun
Volume Control
Relapsing
Basket full of surprise
First time Fun
Noise complaint
Losers , Baby
Deal
Bullet in my Valentine
Walls
The truth
Comfort
Gambling
Couple A Dorks

Heart to Heart

626 20 18
By Plushjimia

[Angel Pov]

Tap , tap , tap

The sound of my jet black heels could be heard as it bounced around the empty hotel walls as I walked along the marbled floor , heading towards the stairs.

Looking around I studied the walls , they were lined apple themed wallpaper , once a brilliant blood red with Golden yellow embroidery , now faded and some of it torn up by age . There were some uncomfortable coloured stains running along the floor , I stepped around them as I walked.

A familiar voice could be heard coming from below , rough and deep , followed by a high pitched voice, excited yet unnerving to listen to.

As I walked down the stairs , husk and nifty came into view , him behind the bar , cleaning a glass and nifty perched ok the bar stool , sipping through a straw from a small glass , taking breaks to reply to the cat demon.

They didn't seem to notice as I walked up to the counter , sitting on the bar stall at the end.

"I can't believe Alastor is still letting us stay around here! I thought he'd of gotten bored of it by now!" The bug like demon giggled , taking another sip. "I'm glad we are still here though.. I like Charlie , and Vaggie and Angel and-"

"Awh , I like ya too , nif" I smiled , resting my head on my hands , looking at the two demons I just startled. "And I Reeeeeeaaaallllyyyyy like you whiskers~" as I spoke I winked at him , him rolling his eyes and turning away to make me a drink.

"Angel! Hi! You startled me! Haha! mmm this fruit drink is reallllyyy good , husk! What's in it again??" Nifty smiled at me , taking another long sip.

Husk pushed a familiar looking fruity cocktail in front me , turning to nifty I noticed a slight red flush fading from his face. Was he blushing..? Shaking my head gently I took a sip of my drink.

"It's just a mix of apple , pineapple and Orange nif. It's not even alcoholic. There's no point to it." He said gruffly , his voice a little horse. Nifty giggled again and drank the last of her drink.

"Though I wouldn't serve you alcohol anyway. I'm not having a repeat of the club , and I'm sure Angel doesn't fancy running around after you again." He smiled softly nodding towards me and taking away niftys empty glass , swilling it in the sink behind him.

Noticing the half drunk whiskey bottle beside him I frowned. "Ain't you done with the heavy drinkin for a while , whiskers? I couldn't go back to drinkin so hard after such an episode." I said in a joking tone , hoping he didn't realise how concerned I was about him.

"That's because You're a lightweight , legs. Only a real Alcoholic can drink like this." He said in a 'don't even try it' tone , taking a swig of his bottle , sitting down on the stall his side of the bar.

"I'd hate to tell Alastor about you again, Husk, he was really unhappy! Surprised he didn't Come to your room and Chai-" husk placed a large clawed hand over the small demons face , glaring at her intensely.

"Don't."

He growled deeply , causing my stomach to turn with anxiety. It wasn't even directed at me and I was scared...though a little turned on.

With a huff nifty pulled away from his hand and hopped off the stall , completely unfazed by the cats growl and waving towards me and running off somewhere, probably to clean.

I watched him , unsure what to say or do , as he put a hand through the fur on his head , with a heavy shakey sigh , his ears pinned down.

"Sorry...f-for that and for this mornin' " he murmured, loud enough for only me to hear. He kept staring at the bar surface , his shoulders sagging slightly. "You shouldn't have to see that shit."

"Hey." I gently lifted his head with my hand , looking at him , as he returned my gaze I continued. "Everyone has bad days , husk. And I'm here if yous need me, yeh? For ANYTHIN' at all. Whether you need a drinking buddy , or a sobriety buddy. "

I gave him a patient smile , my cheeks softly burning , although I was aware I was blushing , I didn't care. He returned my smile with
One of his own , his sharp teeth peeking through as he did so. His cheeks a soft Scarlett and he pulled away from my hand.

"Thanks , Angel. But I'm good. You don't need my shit." He spoke shrugging, turning to clean the bar top where nifty had sat before.

[Husks POV]

Wiping the bar down , I could hear a soft sigh leave the spider demons mouth , I could feel his odd eyes on me , watching me intently. It didn't help that he'd just made me blush from his caring words..

What was this.., why does he make me feel
This way. God he makes me want to get sob-

I stopped momentarily blinking , realising what I'd just thought. It couldn't be possible , could it? Did I actually want to get sober for this man?

Did he even want me? God , I wouldn't want me..
Was he just messing with me?

Shaking my head and frowning I placed the wash cloth back in the sink , I heard Angel clear his throat.

"Imma be real with ya , husk. Charlie asked me to try and get you ta take part in this redemption bullshit.. i don't wanna do it all sly like , Buh when you wanna do it? I'm here yeh? We can be recovering addicts together!"

He used his two lower limbs to shoot me finger guns as he spoke the last sentence. A stupid grin on his face , his golden tooth shining in the bar lights.

I gave a frown his way , sitting down. "What if I were to try and get sober? How would ya even help me , legs?" Faking a cocky smirk , I watching him, I was fascinated to know how he thought he could help.

Angel looked taken aback , his eyes shining over with thought. After a moment or so he spoke.

"I'd be here for you, I'd be ya ear to talk ta , ya person to rub your back when you feel shit , ya guy to focus on when ya think you'll relapse , be da man who gives you a reason or 1000 to live ...well... unlive for. "

his response startled me , the soft blush under his eyes seeming to strengthen as he looked at
Me, watching to see what I'd do.

"...what's the point in trying though. Al has my soul. Im his damn plaything." I sighed , my ears flattening.

"Val has my soul. I'm still here , I'm still Trying. And fuck me if it ain't the best thing in my life right now.I got friends who care about my health , I get to talk to a hella hot bartender every single day , I get to improve myself and even if I don't get Inta heaven.... I'm loving my death...in the hotel at least!"

He put his arm on my shoulder , rubbing it gently. "Just.. if ya do decide it. Know there are people here who will support ya the whole way through. Especially me."

With these words Angel got up , brushing his suit down and fluffing his hair. I watched him my
Thoughts racing.

"I gotta head to work , whiskers but we can keep talkin bout this when I get back yeh? I'll see you later~"

"C-cya Legs.." I mumbled as he walked out the door , the second he left my face flushed a violent red , I planted my face against the bar , letting out a loud growl , hands on top of my head.

After a long while , and feeling my blush had left
My face , I turned my attention to the half full
Bottle of whiskey next to me.

"...if Angel can do it..." I muttered as I Picked up the bottle. Staring at it momentarily I turned around and poured the seductive liquid down the drain , my stomach dropping as I did so.

Once empty i placed the bottle in the bin , and turned back to face the foyer , taking out the sobriety plan Charlie had made from under the bar. Grabbing some plain paper and a pen I started reading through it ,Making notes and highlighting information I felt important.

I can do this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 96 7
In Hell there was a sinner demon who has a kind heart and loves Art and is Autistic What will happen when he meets a princess of hell who runs a hote...
133K 3.7K 29
Ever since the first moment Husker and the bar materialised into the Happy Hotel Angel Dust found a new pastime. Teasing Husk. Not that teasing anyon...
70.9K 1.9K 59
The hotel has provided angeldust with a temporary escape from Valentino, however angeldust is paying the price whenever he is in the studio. Any and...
165K 6.9K 57
Living at Cannibal Town is... well, it's definitely interesting? You get food, sure, but it's not really a safe place. So when Rio finds a flyer cake...