[BL] Guardians of Fate

Autorstwa Rainflowers94

[I waited for you my entire life... and you were worth every minute.] Ardyn Lowell normally forgets his dream... Więcej

Prelude: The Dream
Chapter 1: Demise
Chapter 2: Afterlife [1]
Chapter 2: Afterlife [2]
Chapter 3: Bewilderment
Chapter 4: Angelbay City
Chapter 5: A Magical World [1]
Chapter 5: A Magical World [2]
Chapter 6: Going Back [1]
Chapter 6: Going Back [2]
Chapter 7: The Castle [1]
Chapter 8: The History [1]
Chapter 8: The History [2]
Chapter 8: The History [3]
Chapter 8: The History [4]
Chapter 9: Before The Banquet [1]
Chapter 9: Before The Banquet [2]
Chapter 9: Before The Banquet [3]
Chapter 10: Meeting [1]
Chapter 10: Meeting [2]
Chapter 10: Meeting [3]
Chapter 10: Meeting [4]
Chapter 10: Meeting [5]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [1]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [2]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [3]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [4]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [5]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [6]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [1]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [2]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [3]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [4]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [1]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [2]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [3]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [4]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [5]
Chapter 14: Preparation [1]
Chapter 14: Preparation [2]
Chapter 14: Preparation [3]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [1]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [2]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [3]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [4]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [5]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [6]
Chapter 16: Before The Storm [1]
Chapter 16: Before The Storm [2]
Chapter 16: Before The Storm [3]

Chapter 7: The Castle [2]

9 0 0
Autorstwa Rainflowers94

After that, not many words were exchanged between them. Rather, Mathias was the one leading the conversation, talking about each section of the palace with a friendly tone in his voice. After his statement just now, the atmosphere between them softened into an amiable one, something Ardyn was comfortable with for the time being.

Inwardly, he was grateful that Mathias didn't ask any more questions. Although Ardyn was usually a chatterbox with his friends, being in such unfamiliar territory made him crawl into himself, wary of opening up to a bunch of strangers.

Everything in this world was beautiful and surreal. There were many new things that he had never seen before. It was a universe that called out to one's soul, tempting them to go on a glorious adventure.

And that was exactly why he felt so out of place.

It would have been bearable if he'd had someone he knew with him. But he was all alone, trapped in a world where he was forced to follow its rules and discover his own destiny and identity.

Why was it all so complicated? He wasn't even in the right mindset to think clearly at the moment. He was so confused and tired.

He just wanted to go home.

He missed home.

"...and this will be your room," Mathias said, his voice trickling through Ardyn's troubled thoughts.

They stopped in the middle of the corridor, just in front of a pair of ornate wooden doors that led to what appeared to be one of the guest rooms.

Ardyn hesitantly grasped the knob and turned it, stepping inside once he opened the door.

The room was as elegant as the castle itself. The walls were decorated with intricate carvings and cool colors. The area was spacious and well-lit, with tall windows framed in sleek, white-trimmed casings that overlooked the gardens below. The sheer, gossamer curtains swayed in the breeze, allowing natural light to fill the room and creating a serene, ethereal atmosphere.

The floor was made of polished marble, and a luxurious king-size bed sat in one corner of the room. Intricately carved wooden cabinets and dressers were lined against the walls, with porcelain vases and figurines as decor.

It was so beautiful that the scene looked like it came from a painting itself. More like a dream, in fact.

Oh, how Ardyn wished that this was indeed a dream. If he slept in that large bed now, would he be back in his world when he woke up?

"Are you feeling uncomfortable?" Mathias asked when he saw the lack of enthusiasm on Ardyn's face. The man looked a little concerned, even.

Ardyn shook his head. "I'm okay. Thank you so much for allowing me to stay here," he said politely, not wanting anyone to worry too much about him. He could manage to adjust by himself from now on.

Mathias looked unconvinced, but he nodded anyway. "All right. The Prince said he'll come by later, so you can stay here for the night and make yourself at home."

He began to exit the room, but paused when he suddenly remembered something.

"Oh, right," he said. "If you ever need anything, you can ask the maids outside. You can also ask them to call for me if you would like to speak about something urgent."

Ardyn nodded. "Thanks."

"Great. I'll see you later!"

And then Mathias was out the door.

Ardyn heard him talking to the maids outside before his footsteps faded away.

When Ardyn was sure that Mathias had left, he let out a shaky, long-suffering sigh.

Alone... at last.

Ardyn walked aimlessly towards the bed, mentally exhausted. Too many things had happened in one day. First, he woke up from a confusing dream that made him late for his graduation ceremony, and then he suddenly got into a car accident on the way.

And right after the excruciating pain, he suddenly blacked out and found himself in this strange world. A world where there were many beautiful things, but also deadly things, like the existence of magic, the realization of Otherworlders...

What was waiting for him here? Why was he here? Was he supposed to die young so that he could somehow be transported here?

So many questions in his head, and most of them unanswered.

When he reached the bed, he plopped down on the mattress, calming down a bit when he felt the soft material seeping into his skin. Only then did he realize that his back was drenched in sweat.

"I should take a shower," Ardyn groaned as he sat up, fingering the sleeves of his cloak. "This clothing is too warm!"

He took a deep breath. Yeah... a shower. Or maybe even a bath. Maybe it'll help me calm down.

‏‏‎ ‎

‏‏‎ ‎

‏‏‎ ‎

‏‏‎ ‎

Meanwhile...

-

The Council was adjourned. The meeting was over, and the King quickly went into his chambers to prepare for the upcoming event in the castle.

At that moment, a royal knight rushed over to the still-seated Queen and whispered in her ear.

"Your Highness, I have something to report that might be of interest to you," he said. "It appears that the priests and priestesses of the Church have detected something strange in the air since this morning. An anomaly, to be exact."

The knight waited until all council members had left the room before stepping back to report to the Queen in a normal tone of voice.

Queen Aldeva was a distinguished lady in her mid-forties, a figure of unwavering poise and refinement. Despite her intimidating stature, her features were kind and maternal. Like her son, she had bright blue eyes and jet-black hair which was tied back in a bun that delicately framed her face.

She wore a flowing gown of white silk, the bodice decorated with delicate sapphire embroidery. Long sleeves cascaded gracefully down her arms, the ends decorated with intricate cuffs.

The most striking detail of her appearance was certainly the sheer, gossamer veil draped over the back of her hair, with a golden tiara perched atop her head.

She gazed at her knight with an inquisitive look in her eyes. "Tell me in more detail," she ordered.

"They say that the skies and the waters are disturbed," the knight explained. "They sensed a sinister type of magic flickering in the east, on the outside borders of the city. By the shores, it seems. Also... the forest has gone very still, as reported to me by the nearby patrol guards. It's particularly unusual."

The Queen narrowed her eyes. "Is it an incoming attack? But from whom?" She clenched her fists unconsciously. "It has only been three years, and the Scarlet Kingdom is still replenishing its resources. Did we not estimate that they might make an unusual move two years from now?"

The knight lowered his gaze. He had no clue, either. "Perhaps a hidden army is planning a strategy with newfound magic," he guessed. "So as a precaution, I have planted guards in every sector and area to search for possible spies. I have also ordered the captains to strengthen the barrier around the castle."

The Queen nodded grimly. "Good work."

The knight bowed. "My soldiers are ready at your disposal any time, Your Highness."

The Queen stood up from her throne, her long gown flowing from behind as she began to stroll towards her chambers.

"I shall speak to the King about this and send an order after the discussion. In the meantime, you shall have your commcrystal at your side for us to call you at any time. Understood?"

"Yes, Your Highness!"

As the Queen walked past the towering window, her gaze fell upon the breathtaking scenery outside. The night sky stretched above, a peaceful dark expanse adorned with a myriad of stars. The moon shone brightly at this moment, with the clouds drifting across lazily.

It was a beautiful night, yet for some reason, she felt a sense of unease pooling in her gut.

She couldn't help but feel that something else was going on. Something dark and dangerous.

She closed her eyes. "May the gods be with us..." she whispered to no one in particular.

Perhaps...

...what awaits us is far more terrifying than a mere army.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

36.6K 2.1K 24
❝ Some say that souls don't exist. But I know they do because my soul is made of whatever dust trickled from the stars and into your eyes, and now wh...
71.3K 5K 50
I ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS THE SECOND MALE LEAD. BUT TURNS OUT I WAS EVEN LESS THAN THAT. WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD DIED, I MET THE DEVIL. EXCEPT THAT WE H...
68.9K 4K 108
"Whatever else happened to him, Chris knew three things would never change: (1) The only d*ck he would ever touch was his own. (2) The only man he lo...
107K 6.4K 11
Reincarnated from a Common Human from Earth to the child of the Demon King, Zenzur, bear the fate of his brethren in his shoulder the moment of his a...