Emily Black and the Order of...

By iluvremuslupin

Voldemort is back,the ministry won't believe it and have control over Hogwarts.Emily is going into her 5th ye... More

Beyond Repair
Sanity is overrated
The Trial?
Azkaban
Leaving marks
Back to Hogwarts
Athea Deters
Toadface
Hog's Head
Educational Degree
Dumbledore's Army
Weasley is our King
Quidditch tryouts
Saint Mungo's
Christmas
Vicious Circle of Immaturity
The Worst Holiday Ever
The Quibbler
Dumbledore's dismiss
Memory
Careers Advice
The Quidditch Final
Owls
The Department of Mysteries
Empty
Sequel

Detention

8.2K 375 173
By iluvremuslupin

(Emily's pov) 

"Bit too much Irish pride Finnegan"I said,walking past him in the common room.Last night the twins and I put green skin dye into his shower gel and he now had dark green skin.

"Feck off Black"he snapped and I smirked at him.He wasn't the only one who got pranked last night,Umbridge did too,except her skin wasn't green,it was pink.

I woke up in a great mood and I ignored the whispers about me that were echoing the hall.

"Hello Viola"I said,sitting down beside her at the Slytherin table(receiving plenty of glares but I shrugged them off).

"What's got you so chipper today?"she asked but her voice was muffled because of the toast she was eating.

"I dunno maybe you should look around the hall"I said smirking and Viola looked around confused before she saw the pink professor and the green Gryffindor.

"You didn't have to dye Finnegan green"she said casually.

"But he hurt Cece"I said and she smirked.

"I put a boil potion in his pumpkin juice"she said quietly and just that moment a shriek was heard from the other side of the hall just as Cece walked in.

She looked shocked for a moment before walking over to us.

"Emily!I told you not to do anything" she whispered and I pointed to Viola.

"What?I was put in Slytherin for a reason"she defended but the smirk on her face was evident.

"Who did this to Mr Finnegan and to me?"Umbridge's annoying voice ring out and her eyes searched the Gryffindor table.I ducked under the Slytherin table and then she realised I wasn't there and sat back down looking dejected.

"Wait I'm a metamorphmagus!"I said and changed my dark hair to orange and sat back up.

"Nice hair"Cece commented and I nodded.

In charms and transfiguration,both Flitwick and McGonagall made long speeches about the OWL's and gave us a lot of homework to add to the already rather large pile.

My good mood was soon deflated as I walked to Care for Magical Creatures.

"She only hates me because I was late"I groaned and Cece giggled along with Neville.

"And the unicorn didn't like you" Neville added.

"And you nearly punched Draco"Cece said laughing and my hair turned pink.

"Miss Black are you paying attention?"Grubby-Plank snapped as I stared at the ground,that exact place last year I broke down and cried.

"Miss Black if you are not going to pay attention you can-"but she stopped as she looked at my face.

"Leave"she finished but kinder this time and I walked off,aware of the stares I was receiving from the class.

I groaned before kicking the nearby wall.I can't even go to class without nearly breaking down.

"Emily?"I heard somebody ask and I turned around to see Fred and George.

"Oh hey"I said casually as of they didn't just see me hit the wall.

"Why aren't you in class?"Fred asked and I shrugged.

"Got kicked out because I wasn't paying attention"I said.It wasn't a lie,I just wasn't telling the whole truth.

"You can help us with the joke shop" the exclaimed and I spend the rest if the double period helping them with their ideas and what potions would be useful.

"Sugar!I best go to Herebology"I said and I ran all the way to the greenhouses and made it just as the door closed.

I groaned and I slowly opened it after a moment and Professor Sprout motioned for me to come up to her.

"Why are you late?Care of Magical Creatures is right across from here?" she asked.

"I got kicked out for not paying attention"I mumbled,looking embarrassed.

"Oh it's alight darling.You're a strong girl.Theres a free seat beside Miss Bones"she said and I was fed up of pity so I nodded my head before I could say something offensive.

"Hi Emily"Megan Jones said and I smiled at her.

"Hi Megan.Great day isn't it?"I asked and she nodded.

"I can't wait for the snow,I love the snow"Susan Bones said beside me and I nodded.

"The snows great Susie but I prefer the sun"Hannah Abbott put in.

"No you prefer Neville Longbottom" Megan teased and Hannah blushed. Well this is going to be a long lesson.

I was right it was long with the three Hufflepuffs gossiping and Hannah being teased for liking Neville.

I had detention after Harry at 7 o'clock while he had his at 5 so I took my time at dinner.Sev looked beyond pissed at me but I honestly don't give a Hippogriff's ase.

"What happened to keeping your mouth shut?"he sneered as I walked to the detention.

"She insulted Cedric"I said back,not looking at him.

"Well he was a coward.When I was giving him the speech he was cowering,at least Weasley held his head high"he sneered and I turned around about the slap him but he grabbed my wrist.

"So that's what you and George were talking about?I'm not with George Sev I was with Cedric.So why did you give him 'your speech'?"I groaned after getting over the fact that he insulted Cedric.

"Ugh you're blind Emily the boy obviously loves you"Sev said and I looked at him blankly.

"George and I are friends.Thats it"I said in a tone which suggested finality.

I breathed in before knocking on the DADA professor's office door.I wonder what it's decorated like this year?

The surfaces had all been draped in lacy covers and cloths. There were several vases full of dried flowers, each one residing on its own doily, and on one of the walls was a collection of ornamental plates, each decorated with a large technicolour kitten wearing a different bow around its neck.Yuck,it's all pinks and lacy and cats!(no offence)

"Good evening, Ms Black"

"What do you mean professor?"I said. "Do you wish me a good evening, or mean that it is a good evening whether I want it or not,or that you feel good this evening or that it is a evening to be good on?"

"Sit down"she said after a couple of moments of her looking extremely confused.

"You are going to be writing lines" Umbridge said in her sickly sweet voice.I reached down for my bag to get my quill but she stopped me.

"You'll be using a special quill of mine"she said.She then handed me a long, thin black quill with an unusually sharp point.

"I want you to write, I must not tell lies," she told me softly.

"How many times?"I asked.

"Oh, as long as it takes for the message to sink in"said Umbridge sweetly."Off you go"

"You haven't given me any ink" I said.

"Oh, you won't need ink,"said Professor Umbridge, with the merest suggestion of a laugh in her voice.

I sighed and wrote down the sentence which was rather irritating:I must not tell lies.

I clenched my fist as I felt a stinging pain.I continued writing though but after a couple of lines the pain got unbearable.I held in a gasp as I looked at the back of my hand:I must not tell lies was seen clearly but soon it disappeared but the skin was red raw.

I looked down at the sheet and noticed the red ink,it was my blood.How sick can you get?

"Is there a problem Miss Black?"her annoying voice pierced the air and I shook my head.

"I'm fine professor"I said with clenched teeth.

After what felt like hours she called me up and I showed her my hand.

''Tut, tut, I don't seem to have made much of an impression yet,'' she said, smiling. ''Well, we'll just have to try again tomorrow evening, won't we? You may go.''

I walked away,my hand throbbing.I wasn't going to let her see my pain.

I woke up the next morning feeling horrible.I saw Harry scribble down stuff and I wondered if he had to use her 'special quill' too.

"Hey Harry"I said softly and he turned around and gave me a small smile.

"Did she-?"I started off.

"Yes"he replied cutting me off and showing me his red hand.

"Look I don't want everybody to know so can we keep this between ourselves?"I asked and he nodded. Everybody else was going to freak out and I didn't need that.

The second detention was worse than the first and my hand was now slightly swollen.I don't think it will be able to heal for much longer.I met up with Harry and his was the same.Surely she can't do this!But it didn't look like either Harry or I was going to speak out soon.

Umbridge was keeping Harry later so my detentions were at ridiculous times and no longer did I spend Care of Magical Creatures with Fred and George but instead I slept but I'm still left exhausted and the nightmares about Cedric have come back.I have a dream journal for divination but am I really going to say I have a dream about how my boyfriend was brutally murdered last year by Voldemort?I don't think so.

On Thursday after the detention(it was around 3 o'clock) the writing didn't disappear but instead 'I must not tell lies' was seen clearly and blood dripped from it.

Everything was going fine,Harry and I had kept the torture a secret but that stopped on Thursday night as I walked into the common room at 3 o'clock to see two identical boys waiting for me.

They grabbed my hand and read it as blood dripped down my hand an onto the carpet.

"She's dead"they said darkly in sync and I grabbed onto their backs.

"I'm fine okay?Don't say anything,it will just make it worse"I pleaded.

"How could it be worse Emily?"George asked and I sighed.

"Please"I said in such a broken voice that they agreed.I sighed before going to sleep but I got no comfort in sleeping.

On Friday night Fred and George insisted that they walked me.Curfew was over soon as it was half 8 but this was early for Umbridge's detention.

All of a sudden I got a pain in my wrist,well scar.I cursed loudly and the twins immediately turned around.

"Just my hand.Stupid lines"I said weakly and they looked at me doubtfully but shrugged it off.

I soon reached her office and I bid them farewell as they had to go back to their training session for Quidditch.

I sighed before going in for my last session of torture.Never again am I getting a detention.

I wrote that stupid sentence that was embedded in my brain(and hand).Blood leaked freely from it and got into the parchment.

"I think you learnt you lesson" Umbridge said and I scowled before leaving without a word.

I walked slowly back to the common room,trying to hide my bleeding hand where 'I should not tell lies' shone brightly against my pale skin.

When I got to the common room everybody was celebrating Ron becoming Keeper for the Gryffindor team.

"Congrats"I said tiredly and he beamed at me.I felt my eyes close and I leaned on Ron.

"You are very comfortable Ronald"I said tiredly.

"Eh...thanks?"he said but it sounded more like a question.

"Looks like someone is tired"a sing-song voice said and I felt someone pick me up.

"I guess Shes staying in our dorm again"another voice that was identical said.

"Wow you're light Emily"The person carrying me exclaimed.

"You try being in Azkaban.You tend to lose a few pounds"I joked and I felt the person's chest move as he laughed.

"Night Em"two identical voices said.

"Night Gred and Forge"I whispered before falling asleep. 

---------------------------------------------A/N Hey another chapter!Thanks to 'AwesomePegacorn','toricressel' , 'Taytay428' , 'CaitlinBurnett' and 'RomeoandOneDirection' for fanning, it means a lot.Thank you all for your support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 714 7
Andrea Mikealson's parents decided to send her to Hogwarts. What happens when the most powerful and ruthless being in the world falls in love with so...
15.1K 440 28
My name is Nemissia Vernice Knight, I go to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. I am friends with Hermione Granger, the Wesleys, and Harry po...
690K 32.9K 56
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
390K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.