Synthesis of Scattered Pieces...

De Writerbyheart01

Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Suj... Mais

INTRODUCTION
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10 (i)
10(ii)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28.
29
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41
42
43. ..
44.
45.
46.
47.
48
49.
50.
51
52.
53.
54
55
56.
57
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
not an update.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.โœ”๏ธ
88.
89.
Epilogue.
Bonus 1
Bonus 2.
Not an Update.
Bonus 3.
Bonus 4.
Bonus 6.
Bonus 7

Bonus 5.

902 114 135
De Writerbyheart01

Zeedan was with his grandparents, downstairs, while Shifa, Daniyal, Zaryab and Alshaf were upstairs. Mr and Mrs Kazmi were unaware of the matter so as Zeedan. Shifa and Daniyal were supposed to come back home at night because they planned to drop kids to their maternal grandparents and went to their respective works.

"Who wrote those notes Alshaf? Zaryab... Did you?" Shifa asked and Zaryab shook his head.  He was scared. "Why didn't you tell us if her teacher asked you to convey the message?" Daniyal yelled.

"Alshaf was crying, she is my sister and I didn't want her to be scolded. So I didn't tell you." Said a crying Zaryab and Shifa sent this boy downstairs.

She still followed a rule that says... Don't judge the person by his actions but by intention.

Zaryab did wrong by hiding what he was supposed to tell but he wanted to save his sister. He was just a kid, it wouldn't be fine if got punishment but he got a good amount of scolding and warning. 

"Alshaf, stop crying and tell me who was writing those notes for you," Shifa shouted, the little girl sobbed and ran towards the door of the room to save herself from this scolding but Daniyal grabbed her arm and stood her in front of Shifa who was already repeating the same question. 

"I'll tell Nanu that you're scolding me." Alshaf yelled with frustration and got a slap from Daniyal. She never knew that his father could slap her. Shifa was also shocked to see this. The slap was so tight that the little ponytail of this little girl loosened.

"Deni..." Shifa gave him a disappointed look who himself was shocked, how could he slap his princess but he couldn't tolerate these things too? 

Alshaf ran downstairs and this time no one stopped her. Removing his specs Daniyal put it aside and sat down on the edge of the bed. His hand grabbed his temple of forehead which was bursting with pain. 

"Ab samajh aaya main kya kehti thi. Bacho ko galti par dantna bhi zaruri hota hai. Agar dant nhi rhe to kam as kam sahi galat me diffence to bataya jaa sakta hai na lekin nhi... Aapne mujhe Alshaf ke aage villain bana ke khada kar diya jo ise danti hai aur aap ban gye uske hero jise wo apne aansu dikha kar sari bate manwa leti hai. Mene use jitni baar danta har baar uska bas ek statement hota tha, ki wo dad se shikayat kregi... Wo meri bhi beti hai, main use utna hi pyaar karti hu jitna aap lekin main use galat raste par jate dekh kar uski galtiyon ko ignore nhi kar sakti. Bimari ko khatam karne ke liye kadwi dawai deni hi padti hai... Chhoti bimari ko agar lambe waqt tak nazarandaaz kara jaye to wo nasur ban jata hai." grabbing her purse, mobile and car keys she turned to go but stopped for a second and looked at her husband. "Employees ko salary deni hai aaj, isliye jaa rhi hu, 1 ghante me wapas aa jaungi. Aur aap apni beti ko manane nhi jayenge, use ehsaas hone dijiye ki agar wo galti karegi to use saza bhi milegi." and she left.

(Now, do you understand what I was saying?  It is also important to scold kids for their mistakes. If not scolding them at least telling them the difference between right and wrong is always necessary, but you.... You made me a villain in front of her who scolds her and you become her hero who fulfills her every wish.  Whenever I scolded her she started with stubbornness that she'd complain to Dad... She is my daughter too, I love her as much as you do but I cannot ignore her mistakes that lead her on the wrong path. If a small disease is ignored for a long time, it turns into an ulcer, and to cure the disease, bitter medicine has to be given.)

(I have to distribute salaries among employees so I need to go but I  will be back in 1 hour. And, don't you dare to pamper your girl, let her know that she could get punishments for her wrong behaviour.)

<><><>

"Dadu Janu..." Zeedan hugged his grandfather and Mrs kazmi hummed. "Won't I get anything?"

"We will talk about this later, for now, go upstairs." Zaryab and Zeedan both walked upstairs but stopped but a voice.

"Zaryab, you stay here only." Daniyal's order held a power to stop this innocent boy. Shifa was seeing Alshaf with a deadly sight and Mrs Kazmi was embracing Alshaf who was still scared after getting a slap from her father.

"Who wrote those notes, Zaryab?" Daniyal asked him with a loud voice. "I promise Dad, I don't know."

"Then why didn't you tell me about Alshaf's teacher's message?"

"Alshaf was crying, she is my sister.... I can't see her crying. She requested me so I didn't tell you and blocked her teacher's number in your mobiles." the crying Zaryab revealed another truth which was enough to clear Shifa's doubt that why didn't the teacher contact them through a phone call or text message. Daniyal grit his teeth, before he could say anything to Zaryab, Shifa came in front if him like a shield.

"Zaryab, don't hide anything from your parents, ever. This must be the first and last time. Go upstairs." Shifa send him and turned towards Alshaf.

"Tell me, who wrote those notes? And Why are you so rude with your teachers and classmates?" Shifa came ahead to pull Alshaf from her grandmother's embrace but Mrs Kazmi saved her. 

"Shifa, Daniyal... Stop it."

"Please, Ammi, don't become her shield today." the man who shielded Alshaf since ever said in a high voice and Mrs Kazmi glared at him. 

"Daniyal, I'm talking to Alshaf, just leave us alone for a while." the lady yelled and walked to another room with Alshaf.

"Alshaf, come here." Mrs Kazmi lovingly embraced her granddaughter and caressed her head, she was crying for last many hours and today they were not crocodile tears.

"Dadooo.... Dad slapped me." This was the first sentence this girl spoke in these hours. Mrs Kazmi broke the hug and cleared her tears before cupping her face. "Yeah... He slapped you, but why?" Mrs Kazmi asked and Alshaf sobbed.

"I don't like to study but Ma'am scolds me if I don't perform well in the class." Alshaf shared and Mrs kazmi hummed, she let this girl say whatever she was holding in her heart instead of correcting her. "And when ma'am scolds me all my classmates make fun of me. I hate them." Alshaf shared and wiped her tears. 

"Don't cry." Mrs Kazmi pulled her in a hug but the little girl shifted away "At home mumma always scolds me. I didn't speak about Madam's note because I was afraid of mumma." Alshaf said, this time she was angry with her mother but Mrs kazmi nodded with a long "Hmmmm"

"You were afraid of mumma... I see." Alshaf nodded. "But why were you afraid of your mumma? Have you noticed Zeedan or Zaryab bhai being afraid of Shifa? Then why are you afraid of her?"

"Mumma loves them, but she doesn't love me."

"And how do you get to know this?"

"She always scold me but she never scold Zaryab bhai and Zee." Alshaf let her frustration out through her words. Mrs kazmi sighed.

"And who else loves you or doesn't love you?"

"Everyone loves me other than Mumma, she always come to slap me but Dad slap me today."

"Listen to me." Mrs Kazmi cupped her face with love and kissed her cheek. "Your dad loves you endlessly but your mumma loves you even more. Do you know Alshaf, when you were very little you were under the influence of pneumonia for two years. Your Mumma also fell ill, at that time your dad used to go to the office early in the morning and return late at night, but the whole day your mumma used to look after you regardless of her health. The doctor advised your Mumma to take complete bedrest but you were so obsessed with her that you used to cry if she put you out of her lap just for a few minutes. Your mumma used to look after you leaving herself and her health unnoticed. For the initial two years, Zeedan didn't get your mumma's attention because you were her priority." Mrs Kazmi told a little part of truth to this little girl. When Shifa was in her second pregnancy her health condition was not good. She was weak, tired and ill for almost whole nine months, but she never neglected Alshaf in between. Many times Zaryab used to stay with Maryam but Alshaf never left her mother. 

"If mumma used to love me so much then why doesn't she love me anymore?" Alshaf asked while wiping her old tears and Mrs Kazmi sighed. "Why do you feel that she doesn't love you anymore?"

"She scolds me. She doesn't love me."

"What is love for you bachhe? To adore you the whole day? Or to ignore everything odd in your behaviour? Or to not tell you what's wrong or what's correct?" this time Alshaf was silent. "Tell me beta... What should your mumma do to prove her love?" Mrs kazmi was so polite that Alshaf thought she was asking for a suggestion but this wise lady was only bringing out what was hidden in this little heart. 

"She does not give me what I ask for. But Dad gives me everything."

"Does she give everything to Zeedan and Zaryab bhai?" Alshaf thought for a moment and shook her head. "Do they also cry to get that thing?''

"Zee is demanding for a cycle but mummy is not scolding him."

"Yeah, but your mummy is not giving him cycle either. We all have been seeing him for the last three months, his mornings start with pleasing for a cycle and days end the same note. However he is not showing his stubbornness, nor he is crying. And now he is going to get his cycle."

"But why can't mummy give us what we want?" asked Alshaf and Mrs kazmi sighed. She told Alshaf to open the drawer and free out a candle and matchbox. The girl silently obeyed and gave both things to her grandmother.

"Hold the candle and go to call your mumma. Tell her that dadi is summoning her." Alshaf followed the order and after some five minutes she was sitting in front of her grandmother again. Mrs Kazmi lit up the candle and told Alshaf to keep holding it, no matter what anyone says. The little girl was unable to understand anything but she trusted her grandmother and sat down in a corner without saying anything. 

In the time being Shifa came into the room and asked Mrs kazmi if she needed something but she was worried after seeing Alshaf with that candle.

"Alshaf, put that candle down." Shifa said strictly but Alshaf didn't listen to her.

"Alshaf can't you understand? Put the candle down." this time Shifa scolded her daughter but she didn't listen. 

"Shifa, leave it and listen to me." Mrs Kazmi said and Shifa turned towards her mother-in-law but all her attention was fixed at her daughter. 

"Ji Ammi?" Shifa asked in the meantime, a hot drop of melted wax fell on the soft skin of Alshaf's hand as a result a scream left her mouth and the candle landed on the floor. 

"Alshaf..." Shifa hissed and walked towards her daughter who was holding tears in her gray eyes. "Shifa, go back to your room." Mrs kazmi ordered from behind but Shifa didn't want to listen to anything right now. 

"Shifa, just go." This time she turned to see the old lady. She opened her mouth to tell Mrs Kazmi, that she wanted to see her daughter's hand but only a blink of eyes left her assure that Alshaf will be safe with her grandmother. 

After Shifa left Mrs Kazmi saw Alshaf, giving her minimal first aid the wise lady took the little girl in her arms.

"Have you noticed... Your mumma didn't say anything when you hold an unlit candle but she was scolding you for grabbing an already lit candle because she knew it could harm you. So beta, your mumma is a wise lady, she tries her best to save you from any harm, and make you a good girl, but you don't leave your stubbornness as you think that you are doing everything good. Then your mumma scolds you because she knows that you will eventually harm yourself unknowingly. So the moral of the story is, sometimes we see only other's scoldings but forget their love for us. Have you noticed how much she cares for you?" Mrs Kazmi kissed the head of this little girl and caressed her head. 

"Promise me, from now onwards you will be my good girl, you will not cry for anything and listen to your mother." Alshaf nodded without breaking the hug and Mrs Kazmi smiled. It wasn't a real smile just to show the little girl that she was happy with this behaviour. 

"I already know my Alshaf is a good girl. Isn't it?" Alshaf nodded. 

"Now tell me one more thing, this will be my and your secret." holding the little hands in hers Mrs Kazmi asked politely. 

"What? "

"Who wrote those letters? Tell me, I promise, Mummy and papa won't slap you for this again."

"No, I won't tell you. I have promised him not to tell anyone and I don't break my promises.'' for a moment Mrs kazmi saw Daniyal in this girl. Once, in the case of Adeena, He also didn't break his promise to keep things secret and eventually harm his relationship with Shifa, and now his daughter was doing the same. 

"There is no secret between us, but I promise, I won't tell your dad."

"Promise?"

"Yeah, promise I won't tell your dad." Mrs Kazmi nodded.

"There is a boy in our school bus, Aman bhai... He gives me chocolates too. When Ma'am scolded me in the class, I was crying on the bus, so he wrote that note to make me happy." Alshaf revealed and Mrs kazmi nodded with a smile.

"In which class does Aman bhai study?"

"He was in class 12th, he is the head boy of our school but now he won't come to the school, he told me that now he is a big boy so he will go to college to study further." Alshaf shared and Mrs Kazmi smiled more.

"Hmm... That's great. What else Aman bhai say?"

"He told me to study hard and become the head girl so that everyone would respect me, but dado, it's too difficult." Alshaf grimaced while saying the last part.

"But Aman bhai is correct," Mrs Kazmi said with a smile, she was providing this girl with the comfort zone to put her heart out.

"Yeah, Dado he is always correct." For a moment Mrs Kazmi was afraid to see this level of trust in those little grey eyes.

Some people gain trust to break it.

"Tell me everything about Aman bhai. What does he say, what does he do? Everything he told you."

"He gives me chocolate and he loves the Aalo paratha that Mumma makes. I gave him my lunch whenever I brought Aalo paratha, he said that Mumma should open a dhaba so that he can eat that aalo paratha every day." Alshaf laughed and Mrs. Kazmi also laughed but she was worried too.

"What else Aman bhai says? Does he ask you about your family or tell you something about anything new?"

"He tells me many new things."

"Like what?"

"He brought me snacks and he told me about the Milky Way, galaxies and plants and animals and about the sky... Do you know Dado, our sky is not blue, it's black but it looks blue because sunlight falls on oceans and..." Alshaf was explaining the phenomena to her grandmother who was now concluding that Thankfully Aman wasn't a bad guy.

"And Dadi, once he told me that I looked like his sister."

"Hmm... Good. Does his sister also study in your school?"

"No, many years ago, his sister died after falling from the terrace when she was flying a kite with other kids."

"Aman bhai told you this?"

"No, his friend was telling someone else so I listened. But Aman bhai always says to be careful while playing."

"Where would Zaryab and Zeedan be when you talk to Aman on the school bus? Don't they talk to Aman bhai?"

"They both sit on the first seat but I sit on the last seat, just beside Aman bhai, so we became friends. Zaryab Bhai is his friend too but Zee is not." After a long interview now Mrs Kazmi didn't know what to ask or say. 

"Now, I will keep my word, I won't share this information with your dad but you also have to promise me something." Mrs Kazmi whispered before kissing her forehead.

"Yes, Dado?"

"Listen to your Mumma and never hide anything from us. Either tell me or tell your Nani, or anyone in the family but never hide anything from your family." Mrs Kazmi Kissed the head of this girl one more time and she nodded.

"Dado, Dad slapped me,"

"It was your fault beta. Keep in mind that if someone is loving you then he/she can scold you either. Love doesn't mean tolerating everything. Now go to your room and apologise for giving those letters to your teacher."

"I won't, dad will slap me again."

"He won't. Go." Alshaf walked upstairs and found her parents sitting in their bedroom. She didn't even try to approach Shifa but stood in front of her father.

"Dad,"

For the first time, Daniyal ignored this voice and didn't look to her. "Dad," Alshaf whispered, her eyes filled with hears and her lips trembled, but she was unable to tolerate this ignorance. Crying out helplessly she ran to her brothers' room. Daniyal closed his eyes for a second and then walked out after picking up his wallet and car keys. 

<><><>

The midnight moon was seeing an apologetic father who was cleaning his tears and regretting slapping his princess. He was the same man who never even shouted at her daughter but today he directly slapped her.

When Alshaf came upstairs with an unlit candle her pretty face was showing his finger imprints, which was enough to send him on a guilt tour, and now he was even more tensed when his mother broke her promise and told everything to him and Shifa. He never knew that parenting could be so challenging.

How could he save his kids from making wrong decisions?
How could he guard them all the time? 
How could he give them everything they want without spoiling them?

Those questions and guilt for that slap were together killing him from inside when a little movement beside him disturbed him. He didn't look up, just kept watching the moon. A hand landed on his thigh and the figure shifted closer.

"Deni, don't break down like this."

"I never thought being a parent would be so hard." He again wore his glasses to turn the blurred shiny silver ball into the full moon.

"Hmm... Indeed, it's hard," she whispered looking at the moon but grabbing his hand with interlocked fingers, "But it's beautiful too." she completed her sentence while shifting her gaze from one beloved to another. He was broken.

"Deni..." she whispered but didn't get a response for the next few minutes but then looked at his wife. "Soo gyi ya jaag rhi hai?"

(is she asleep or awake? )

"She is sleeping." Listening to this he stood up and walked to the room. His princess was fast asleep. Sitting beside her he kissed the same cheek which was still showing his finger impressions.

"Let her sleep here tonight." Shifa covered Alshaf with a blanket and looked at Daniyal who was not ready to go away from his little doll. 

"Deni, aap bhi soo jaiye ab." patting his shoulder she gestured to him to leave this room and he walked to his bedroom.  Maybe this was the first time when he left Alshaf in another room otherwise she still sleeps in her father's lap. 

(Deni, you also go to sleep now.)

After ironing the clothes for tomorrow and doing some more work when Shifa went to bed she found Daniyal struggling to sleep. 

"Subah hote hi use manane na pohoch jaiyega." while applying moisturizer on her hands she said and Daniyal gave her a worried look. 

(Don't go to convince her as soon as wakes up.)

"Subah se bhuki hai wo,"

(she has been hungry since morning.)

"Deni, you're not the only person who loves her or thinks about her. We all are here for her. Baba and Ammi already feed her..." Putting the bottle of lotion she said in a disappointed tone.

Daniyal looked at his wife and then said nothing. He didn't have words to say anything for the next few minutes, Shifa laid down to sleep because she thought that Daniyal wouldn't talk to her in the same way he used to stay silent when worried for Zaryab and Mr Kazmi's relationship but she was wrong this time.

"I tried my best to be a good father." He muttered and Shifa turned her side to see him. He was looking heartbroken.

"Oh, Deni..." Shifting near him she smiled a little and grabbed his hand. "You're not good but the best father, but you have been making a few mistakes in Alshaf's case."

"But I tried my best, Shifa. I tried to give my children everything."

"I know." She kissed the back of his palm. "You have been giving your best, but parenting isn't associated with the fulfilment of every demand of kids."

"I know, there are many more things but I trusted that you are here to handle everything... I didn't want to repeat the history by seeing my kids craving everything." Shifa furrowed. What did Daniyal mean by repeating history? She couldn't help but ask.

"There was a time when Baba's business was going towards loss, I was very young at that time but I remember the amount of sacrifice I made by not asking for my favourite toys and chocolates. That phase lasted only for one year or maybe some more but my innocent heart broke a thousand times while killing those tiny wishes. I didn't want my kids to crave for anything, so I give them everything." Daniyal shared a chapter of his life with Shifa that was unknown for her till now.

"Deni...Bachpan ke usi sarb ki wajah se aap aaj struggle kar rhe hain taaki aapke bachcho ko koi takleef na ho... To thoda sabr apne bachcho ko bhi karne dijiye, jab sabr ke baad koi cheez milti hai to uski value pta hoti hai, bina sabr kare badi se badi neymat bhi mil jaye to hamare dil me us ki qadr nhi hoti." Shifa sighed and grabbed his hand tightly.

(Deni, because of the same pain of childhood you are struggling today so that your children do not face any problems... but it's better to let your children also have some patience. When we get something after having patience, then we realize its worth. Without patience, even if we get the biggest boon, our heart does not value it.)

"I'm unable to understand where I made a mistake?" he shared his feelings and another time Shifa felt that this man needed her for emotional support.

They both had silent support for each other.

"Hume bachcho ko ye sikhana hai ki zindagi me wo sab kuch nhi mil jata Jo hum chahte hain, kabhi kabhi qurbani deni padti hai, kabhi kabhi apne dil ko maar kar dusro ke liye jeena padta hai, rishte nibhane padte hain."

(We have to teach our kids that life is not all about getting whatever we want. Sometimes it's about sacrifice, sometimes it's about forgetting yourself to make someone else happy, we need to teach them the importance of relationships.)

"What am I doing wrong, Shifa?" The wise man asked the Ahmaq Aurat (Silly woman), who sighed.

"Nothing, trust me, Deni, you are doing nothing wrong besides over-pampering Alshaf."

"But I'm the same with Zeedan and Zaryab, or am I not?" He asked and Shifa nodded.

"But Alshaf is different, she is stubborn, and sometimes more than just stubborn. Every child is different Deni, we need to handle them differently. Zeedan is mischievous yet sensible but Alshaf is sincere yet senselessly stubborn and determined, unfortunately, you're fanning her bad habits with your love." Shifa patted the back of his hand and he watched her for the next few seconds then drew his hand away from her. For a moment Shifa was confused but then she sighed after seeing Daniyal going towards Alshaf's room. When he didn't come even after ten minutes Shifa walked after him and found him caressing the head of his doll.

"At least now understand that we have to change our ways of dealing with her. You need to be a little strict and I need to be a little softer towards her."

"I will show some strictness in the morning, but don't stop me at this time." Kissing the cheek he slapped in the morning he muttered and Shifa sat down beside him.

"Don't feel guilty for this slap." Said Shifa as she knew what this man was thinking.

"Will she forgive me?"

"Deni? Are you for real? Are you mad or what?  Mujhe hasi aa rahi hai... Aapne baba se kabhi thappad nhi khaya kya? Aane unhe maaf kar diya na?"

(I feel like laughing... did you never get slapped by Baba? You forgave him, right?)

"It's not funny Shifa." He glared at her.

"Please, stop overreacting and mend your ways to handle your daughter." Daniyal blinked blankly after getting scolded. "Get up from here and walk back to the bedroom. Enough for today." He again blinked blankly.

"Haven't you listened? Go." Looking at the hand pointing to the door he silently walked out and Shifa huffed.

"Samajh nhi aata in teen bachho ko sambhalna zyada mushkil hai ya is ek aadmi ko?" Mumbled the wise lady while covering her sleeping daughter and walked out of the room.

(I don't understand who is more difficult to handle these three kids or this one man?)

<><><>

She woke up with a mild headache and puffed eyes because of lack of sleep, turning her side she found the other side of the bed empty. "I won't leave this man today..." Pushing the blanket away she huffed and walked to the other room surprisingly Alshaf was still sleeping and her father was not present there.

After freshening up she went downstairs to find Daniyal with his parents and sons. Zeedan was hanging from the neck of his father and whispering something to him, maybe bettering him to get his new demand, just like his Billu Mamu used to do.

Zaryab was in his black pyjamas that showed every kind of yellow emoji on them. Sitting between Mrs and Mr Kazmi he was reading a news article for them from an Urdu newspaper in his broken Urdu. This couple was responsible for teaching him a subject he didn't have in the academic syllabus.

"Chai bana du aap sab ke liye?" Asked Shifa while going towards the family members and Mrs Kazmi shook her head because they all already had their breakfast.

(Should I make some tea for you all?)

Shifa walked towards the sofa and Zeedan forgot everything after seeing her. he was two examples of Mumma's boy. "Mummyyyyy... Cycle... Please. Next time I will secure the first position, promise. Pakka promise, please." Hanging in Shifa's neck he sang the old song and this time he got a kiss on his little nose.

"Promise? First position in the next class?" Shifa demanded. She didn't want to push Zeedan towards first position but she wanted to remind him that he had to work hard to get something.

"Promise Mumma, promise. Promise. Promise. Promise." Now the little boy was jumping making his big hair bounce like a big cotton candy on his head and Shifa pulled him back in a hug. He was her teddy bear, an underweight cute teddy bear with big hair and eyes of his mother.

"And what does my other son want?" Shifa opened her arms for Zaryab, yesterday they didn't get time to appreciate the boys so the ritual was delayed.

"I want to go for a trip." Shifa and Daniyal were amazed by this sudden demand. Till yesterday there wasn't anything like this, Shifa wanted to refuse, and so did Daniyal because they were saving money to expand their respective business but they both looked at each other, their eyes talked and concluded only one thing.

If this demand was made by Alshaf or Zeedan then the matter was different, but they would not refuse to fulfil Zaryab's demand because they didn't want to show that they were discriminating between their kids and the adopted one.

"Come here." Daniyal opened his arms, and Zaryab slipped away from between the old couple and sat down beside the grey-eyed man. "Please, Dad." He whispered.

"Okay. Where do you want to go?" Daniyal set the messy hair of this little boy and smiled, Zaryab smiled back. "Bali"

Shifa and Daniyal looked at each other as if calculating the average expenditure but they both smiled at the fact that this sudden demand was an after-effect of reading the article from the newspaper that described the beauty of nature and beaches of Bali.

"Done! But not now. Your school is starting the day after tomorrow, we will go to Bali during summer vacation, in the meantime we can apply for passports and visas." Zaryab's eyes shone with uncountable dreams. Daniyal pulled him a little closer to his chest and cupped his face.

They make sure to express an extra amount of love towards this boy so that they won't be answerable in front of Allah to discriminate between their kids and him but deep down Daniyal knew who was more beloved to him. Alshaf and Zeedan were like his breath and heartbeat -essentials of life- and this boy was a mindful decision of his life.

The feeling of being not an equally loving father often sends him on a guilt trip.

"Really Dad? Will you take us to Bali?"

"Yes, anything for you." Daniyal kissed his head and pulled him in a hug, and Zaryab hugged him back. Shifa smiled at the scene but soon her smile vanished when saw a sleepy Alshaf coming downstairs while rubbing her eyes.

"Dad..." Ignoring everything she approached Daniyal and Shifa closed her eyes as she knew that this man would embrace Alshaf but something unexpected happened.

"Don't talk to me." Daniyal looked away.

"Dad... Please don't be angry with me." Alshaf held Daniyal's hand but he didn't look at her. "Dad, sorry." This time she cried.

"Shifa, tell her that I won't talk to her until she starts behaving well with others and stops being stubborn." And Daniyal walked out of the home holding the shine of tears in his eyes that no one besides Shifa noticed. She knew how hard this decision was for Daniyal.

"Come here." Shifa gestured to Alshaf who didn't want to hug her mother but was left with no other way she come. "Be a good girl now, no need to lie ever. We are your family Alshaf, you can share everything with us." No matter what the daughter of Maryam was a good mother, just like her mother.

After getting a lovely gesture instead of scolding Alshaf hugged her and got another love-filled kiss. "You're my good girl, right?"

Face dug into the same chest that was her safe place for years, She nodded in reply. "Now, I won't get angry but you have to promise me that you won't lie, nor will you be rude."

"Promise." Without stepping away she muttered in a small voice.

"My baby doll..."

"Mumma ..."

"Yeah, beta?" This time she stepped away from her mother.

"Why is Dad not talking to me? Is he still angry? I will be a good girl, tell him to talk to me." The tears in those grey eyes were real not the crocodile ones. Shifa saw her with love-filled eyes. Untying her messy hair she made a small ponytail and pushed the remaining hair locks away from her forehead.

"Have you brushed your teeth?"

"Not yet."

"Go, brush your teeth, wash your face. I'm going to make your favourite pan cakes. Call your dad after having breakfast and promise him that you will behave like a good girl."

"Will Dad talk to me if I behave good?"

"Of course, he'll." Shifa nodded. Alshaf didn't waste a single second to run upstairs to follow these instructions because she also couldn't stay away from her father.

Everyone knew the matter would be dismissed soon because Daniyal wasn't ready to chew the bullet of differences between him and Alshaf. And as expected, the grey-eyed duo of Kazmi Clan were hugging each other just before the dinner.

"Zaryab Bhai," Zeedan whispered watching the scene.

"Yeah, Zee?" Zaryab whispered back

"When everything is sorted, should we ask mummy and Dad to send us to Nanu?" Zeedan whispered.

"Right now? Are you silly? It's already late. Dad won't agree."

"Oh, Zaryab Bhai... Please na... Nanu ko result dikhana hai tab hi to PS4 ki demand karunga. Billu Mamu aur Nani se bhi to gifts lene hain na." Whispered Zeedan and Zaryab smiled like a mischievous boy.

(I have to show the result to Nanu only then will I demand PS4. I have to get gifts from Billu Mamu and Nani too.)

"Yes, you are right."

"Stop it and have dinner." Shifa's announcement grabbed everyone's attention. The dining table was already all set. Zeedan and Zaryab both took their respective seat without any delay but got a glare from their mother. "Oops..." They both bit their tongues and rushed to wash their hands.

"Where is Dal Chawal? Running his eyes everywhere Zeedan asked and Shifa looked at her mother-in-law who told her to not make Dal Chawal today so that Zeedan could taste something else too.

"There are so many things, beta, try any of them."

"No Dado... I will eat only Dal Chawal."

"Zeedan, only for today. Please beta." This time Shifa requested.

"I'm not hungry." He slipped away and walked upstairs without meeting his eyes with anyone.

"Ya Allah... Ye konse gunaho ki saza hai? Mene to Mummy Papa ko kabhi pareshan nhi kiya. Jo mil jata tha chup chaap khaa leti thi, jo wo log keh dete the wo baat Maan leti thi phir mere bachche aese kyu hain?"

(O Allah... For what sin I'm getting this punishment?  I never troubled Mummy and Papa. I ate whatever they gave me and I quietly did everything they asked me to do. Then why are my children like this?)

"Mummaaa... Mummaaaa..." Zeedan came back with a mobile in his hand. "Nani's call."

"At this time?" Shifa was surprised but took the mobile in a hurry and put it on the ear.

"Ji Mummy?"

"Shifa, bring Zeedan here right now."

"What? But why?"

"What do you mean why? I and your papa are missing kids... That's why."

"Mummy it's dinner time. Deni is already tired, he can't drive now."

"So you bring them here."

"Mumma please I'm not coming." Shifa demanded.

"Suniye... Shifa se baat kar lijiye, wo bachho ko bhejne se mana kar rhi hai." Shifa heard her mother approaching her Suniye and the next voice was as usually cold and rude.

(Suniye... talk to Shifa, she is refusing to send the kids.)

"Ji papa..."

"Ji Papa..."

"Nhi Papa"

"Ji papa."

"Ji..."

"Ji... Ji theek hai." Shifa fake glared at Zeedan who was smiling like his Billu Mamu and then looked at Daniyal. After a short lecture, the voice shifted to a sweet one and Shifa huffed.

"Mumma.... Aap apne suniye se mujhe daant padwa rahi hain?" Shifa was a little angry.

(Mumma....are you making your Suniya scold me?)

"Beta phone speaker pr hai." Her heart skipped a beat. No matter what, Shifa still felt scared of Anwar unlike her children.

(The phone is on speaker, dear.)

"Mummy I hate you."

"Bachho ko le aao. Fooran" a cold voice echoed from the other side and Shifa grimaced but nodded.

(Bring the children. Right away.)

"Okay papa."

"Zeedan, why did you call Nani?" Shifa burst at her son after hanging up and he shrugged.

"Because I miss them, and Nani is already making Daal chawal for me, I'll have dinner with them only." Shifa was unable to say anything. She gave a defeated look to her husband and walked upstairs.

"Preshan kar rakha hai tum logo ne meri Biwi ko." Daniyal saw his kids with disappointment and followed his wife.

"Begum..." Going inside the room he found Shifa shoving some clothes in a bag.

"Deni, I'm going to stay with mummy. I'll come back tomorrow after buying their school bags, lunchbox and stationery for new class." She didn't look at him but soon an arm wrapped around her shoulder from behind.

"I love you." This was one of the rarest events when this man expressed his love using these three words followed by a soft kiss on the temple of her forehead.

"Kya ho gya janab? Kheriyat to hai na? Aaj itna pyaar kyu aa raha hai?" She smiled but enjoyed to tease him.

(What happened, sir? Are you alright? May I know the reason behind these gestures of love?)

"Banda Bashar hai saheba, galtiyan kar hi deta hai, bas... Ho gyi galti." Resting his chin on her shoulder he whispered while hugging her from behind and Shifa rolled her eyes.

(I, being a human being, tend to do some mistakes... So I did today, darling.)

"Aesi galtiyan karte raha kariye. Is galti par gunah nhi milta," She whispered while zipping up her bag and Daniyal closed his eyes. He wanted to call Anwar and tell him clearly that he was not sending his wife, if he wanted his grandchildren then come and take them away but couldn't gather the required amount of courage yet.

(Keep making such mistakes. There is no crime.)

"You're the best. Best wife. Best daughter-in-law. Best mother." This Time they both smiled. Shifa with happiness to get her efforts noticed and Daniyal with satisfaction to get this woman.

"And what about you?" Shifa turned and placed her hands on his chest. They both smiled. "You're the most loving and caring person, Deni."

Daniyal's hands rested on her waist and she was noticing tiredness on his face. He was tired after running from one corner to the other to make his business successful so that he could afford everything for his family.

"Are you sure about Bali? But we wanted to expand our business and buy that plot." She changed the topic from love to responsibility.

"I don't want Zaryab to feel neglected by his foster parents. We will buy that plot and go to Bali. Business can wait for some time." He smiled on the last part. "And don't overthinking begum, feel it as our long delayed honeymoon."

Shifa rolled her eyes, "Honeymoon? After almost 9 years of wedding?"

"Romantic na?" He smiled to tease her and she jerked off.

"Yeah... Over romantic. A honeymoon with three kids. Teen tigada, kaam bigada."

( It's Three, which has caused ominously)

"If you're not liking the idea of three kids then we can increase the number. We can work to make it four while coming back from Bali." He winked and Shifa gasped while springing out of his arms.

"Deni Aap bohot bure hain." She took a step back and Daniyal laughed.

"Why? Do you want more? Will a total of six work?" He was enjoying this colourless yet beautiful face but Shifa shivered with the thought of more kids. Only two were enough to create a stir in her whole anatomy and only three are enough to drain her physically, mentally and emotionally.

"Kya hua Begum?" He asked in a mischievous style.

(What happened wife?)

"Deni aap bohot bure hain." She huffed.

(Deni you are very bad.)

"Abhi thodi deyr pehle to aap keh rhi thi ki main bohot achha hu." Resting his arm on her shoulder her leaned forward.

(Just a while ago you were saying that I am so good.)

"Banda Bashar hai saheb, galtiyan kar hi deta hai, bas... Ho gyi galti." Repeating his words she pushed his arm away and picked the car keys while huffing.

(I, being a human being, tend to do some mistakes... So I did today, darling.)

Daniyal was on the fence, whether he should laugh hard or continue teasing? But he decided to go with the second half.

"Shifa, don't go like this. We can discuss... If not six then what do you think about at least four." Daniyal tried his best but laughed at the end. Shifa also tried to glare at him but ended up smiling after seeing his mischievous yet handsome smile.

"Badtameez Aadmi." She tried to give him an angry look but smiled.

(Shameless man)

"Ahmaq Aurat" he pulled her in a hug before she go. They both look in each other's eyes and Shifa felt his eyes approaching towards her plump lips which she coated with pink just a few minutes ago. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she knew about the next moment. Ummm... Well, she didn't know!

(Idiot woman)

"Mumma... Mummaaaaa..." They gasped and pulled away with Zeedan's voice. The boy entered into the room in a hurry.

"Hamesha aa jate hain moment spoilers." Daniyal groaned and Shifa suppressed her smile.

(Moment spoilers! They always come from nowhere.)

"3 hai tab ye haal hai, sochiye 6 kya krenge?" She tried to tease him but failed.

(This is the situation when there are 3, think what will 6 do?)

"It means six is final. Not bad, Begum"

"Mummaaa... Hurry up na."

"Yeah beta, hurry up... Let's run away." And Shifa literally ran out of the room holding car keys and Zeedan's hand. Daniyal laughed seeing her expressions and shook his head while grabbing the bag that his wife forgot.

<><><><>

I know I know I'm late but kya kru...
It was Ramzan, time nhi milta na...
Aur Jo time milta hai usme usme koi kaam nhi kra jata.

But...
Better late than never.

By the first chapter of Heera is coming soon

N.Jamal.

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

193K 16.4K 81
๐™„๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™– ๐™—๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ! ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™–๐™—๐™จ๐™ค๐™ก๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ฌ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ก๐™ž...
340K 10.6K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
411K 15.5K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...
16.4K 1.2K 25
What's life, nothing but a void canvas which we have to fill with numerous hues. And once in a while we come across people who will taint the void ca...