When The Sun Goes Down - A Mi...

By ObsceneIrrationality

----- In serious need of revision! ----- Wanna-be journalist Kate Santoro would do anything for the scoop. A... More

About
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Authors note!
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Bonus Chapter
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
A/N
BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter Fifty-Six
THE END

Chapter Fifty-Three

308K 15.4K 6.8K
By ObsceneIrrationality

Ice cream with Nash was completely harmless. He didn't mention Alessio or becoming an informant once. He talked mostly of Ellie and he had this way of telling stories that really drew me in. His hands waved vividly through the air as he spoke and his facial expressions were usually funnier than the actual story.

I forgot how angry I was with Alessio until Nash dropped me back off at my house. I changed my clothes and my shoes and decided I was beyond furious. I would go over there and give Alessio a piece of my mind. Drive my own car (if it would start), give him back the stupid dress and shoes, and tell him exactly how much I didn't need him or his money.

He was right, I had no reason to stay.

I sped the entire way to his house and stormed up the stairs. Pietro opened the door for me before I had a chance to throw it open dramatically. "Where is he?" I demanded with the dress draped over my arm.

"Kate."

I turned around to see his mother.

"I'd like to have a word with you." She said simply and walked away. I looked to Pietro who shrugged and then stomped after her. God help the soul who got in my way tonight.

I was ready to unleash a word of verbal abuse on this woman, maybe even call her a prostitute. But she caught me off guard with her first sentence. "My son quite fancies you." She said simply and sat down on a fancy looking couch.

I reluctantly sat beside her and tried to gather myself again. She would get it alright, I just needed to sort through my thoughts again.

"So I will ask you again, as a mother. What are you intentions with my son?"

"I, I don't know. I mean. My intentions are honest, I just..."

"Don't know where this is going?"

"Exactly."

She tapped her fingers nervously on her knee as we sat. "You wouldn't be the first girl who has been attracted to him for his wealth."

"I'm not."

"But you would be the first in a very long time he has actually been interested in. You can see how this could be a problem for us?" I sat quietly. "Alessio may not seem like it, but he is a very sensitive boy."

It was all I could do to keep from laughing hysterically. I contained myself almost completely but might have let a small snort out.

"I don't want my son to get hurt, nor do I want him abused for the power." She wiped a few invisible crumbs or bits of dirt off of her lap. "So how much do you want?"

"I'm sorry?"

"How much did you think you could squeeze out of my son? I can grant you a considerable sum and the guarantee we won't have you disposed of if you leave now."

"I don't want your money."

"It would save you a ton of time and energy. Save the hassle of having to work it out of him."

"I don't want your money or his. I have a job, a good job at that. I don't have any kids or a pet, the only people I have left are my dad and my uncle so I don't have anyone to take care of. I've had my car since I graduated college, it was a gift and I have no payment due on it. I'm fine. I'm getting along fine. I don't want your money, or your sons money."

"But you want my son?"

I stopped.

When I couldn't find my words she sighed. "I'm sorry. But I'm not buying this. Not one bit. Everyone wants something, everyone has a price. I could hand you a check with so many zeroes attached to the end you lose count."

"Katherine."

We both turned to see Alessio. He walked further in the room and took my hand he pulled me to my feet.

"I just came back to return your dress and tell you-"

He forced his lips against mine to silence me. Before I could melt into him and lose sense of all of the world he pulled away. "It can wait." He said softly and planted another soft peck on my needy lips.

His mother was watching us with intrigued eyes.

"It's late. We're going to go to sleep now."

"Together?" She said sharply.

"Goodnight Madre." He said and kissed her on the cheek.

He took my hand and led me up me back up to his room without another glance to his mother, as soon as the door was short he pushed me against it and I couldn't help but giggle. "I don't want to kiss you, I'm only here to yell at you." I said trying to sound firm but I really, really wanted to kiss him.

He walked towards the bed and pulled his suit jacket off. He loosened his tie and then turned back to me. "I have something for you."

"Oh?"

He nodded and picked up a manila folder on the bed. Last time he had handed me a folder like that it came with a threat.

"What is it?"

"Open it." He replied and handed me the folder.

I forced a smile to hide my nervousness and opened the folder. My stomach dropped at the first image. I scanned through the photos, photos of Nash and I. At the stupid sushi place, when he opened the car door for me, me crying in the car while he was in my apartment, sitting outside the newsroom. And then today, him picking me up from here, the ice cream place, back at my apartment where he'd given me a super lame fist bump goodbye and then a hug.

Oh dear.

The world was closing in on me. I was trying to keep a neutral expression as I look through the pictures but I could hear my heart beating. Was it hot in here? He probably thought I was a nark. He was probably going to kill me.

Oh no.

"There's a lot of pictures here." I said trying to sound casual. I glanced up. "You've been following me again." Keep your cool. Keep your cool. How are you going to convince him you aren't ratting him out when you're hanging out with a cop?

I shut the folder and tossed it back onto his bed. Maybe if I just acted like a big deal he'd buy it.

"I'm going to get a shower before bed." I stated and started walking away.

He grabbed my arm and turned me around swiftly to face him. "Did you fúck him?" He demanded.

"W-what?"

"Did. You. Fúck. Him." He said slower. There was just a splash of color to his cheeks and I knew he was furious.

I tried to pull away. "Of course not." He narrowed his eyes at me. "Do I have a reason not to?" I shot back. "You're hurting me."

He pulled his arm back quickly as if he'd been burnt and muttered grumpily. "Get the fúck out."

"Gladly!" I huffed.

"Damn it Katherine!" He said louder. "Do you not see what seeing you with someone else does to me?"

"It's called jealousy."

He looked shocked. "No, it's called you throwing yourself around like a lush with the enemy. He's with the Bonanno. He's using you to get to me!"

I let out a relieved sigh. He didn't know Nash was a cop.

"What? What the hell are you smiling for? This isn't funny Katherine this-"

I kissed him swiftly, mostly because I didn't know if he would let me and I didn't want to risk him pushing me away. "Idiot." I whispered.

"Y-you can't call me an idiot."

"Don't act like an idiot and I won't call you one." I said and he frowned. "No one is going to get to you through me. Stupid."

"How can I be sure of that?"

"You can't...you just have to trust me. Can you do that?"

He slipped an arm around my waist and pulled me into him and kissed me again. Neither of us pulled apart this time and we fully committed to letting the rest of the world sink away. We got lost in one another.

Alessio broke the kiss first and I pouted. "Stay with me." He whispered.

"I am."

"No, I mean really. Let the apartment go. Move in here."

"W-what?"

"Stay. With me." I blinked several times. Was he perhaps a figment of my imagination? I pinched myself harder than intended and muttered a curse. Not asleep. "Katherine." He looked slightly off balance. Annoyed maybe, perplexed to have shown vulnerability in asking me to move in. I pinched him, just to be certain. He brushed my hand away with a huff. "I can have it all done within a day. If you want that is."

I smiled. I did. I did want very much so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers, I'll bet you thought something huge and dramatic was going to happen with Nash and Kate didn't you? Boy I'm tricky like that.

So Kate is OFFICIALLY moving in with Alessio and Pietro. Pretty big step.

I will probably update again this week maybe around Thursday or Friday. There aren't too many chapter left, I'm trying to wrap up book one. I will be taking a little break from wattpad after this book is completed but as it stands right now I will be back and so will book two.

Yes, I am frustrated with lack of recognition with this book and I feel as though if all of my silent readers went back and voted on each chapter it would immediately get recognition. It is frustrating because it takes literally a second to vote, and no more than a few minutes to go back and vote on all the chapters you haven't already BUT I AM planning on continuing with the story.

To be honest I've already shot myself in the foot what does it matter now if I keep updating? Also I've actually made some friends while writing this novel and I do have readers who vote and comment on every single chapter and I appreciate them. So after much deliberation over the past week I have decided that I still am going to take a break from wattpad when book one is over but I will continue with book two

Don't think that gives you guys an excuse not to vote and comment though (;

To those of you who vote and comment on every chapter you should know I recognize who you are and i do appreciate it and you guys are the reason I'm planning on coming back.

So, now that that little rant is over with please do vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 125 42
In the gritty underworld of New York City, two powerful Mafia families, the Lombardis and the Marchettis, have long been embroiled in a bitter feud...
1.1M 38.4K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
301K 11.2K 31
Lucy Mathews didn't quite know what she was getting into when she agreed to be the personal assistant of Mateo D'Amico. Surly she didn't think she'd...
297K 6.8K 35
A stripper. An Italian mafia boss. And an unexpected pregnancy. Andrea Capaldi was a selfless woman who would do anything to help her family when...