I See Roses

By estellerinn

The media in Pingcheng was buzzing with rumors that the cynical young master of the Liang family and the prou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Extra Chapter 1
Extra Chapter 2
Extra Chapter 3
Extra Chapter 4
Extra Chapter 5
Extra Chapter 6
Extra Chapter 7
Extra Chapter 8
Extra Chapter 9

Chapter 51

728 12 0
By estellerinn

Liang Xian provided a equity division agreement, which didn't require any additional conditions. Signing it meant the agreement would take effect.

With her chin resting on her hand, Ming Si glanced at him and asked, "You haven't done anything to betray me outside, have you?"

"Where did you get that idea?" he raised an eyebrow.

Ming Si slightly curled her lips. She had initially thought Liang Xian would take this opportunity to express how faithful and devoted he was to her and that he couldn't possibly be with anyone else. However, this man instead leaned slightly closer, his fingers tapping on the tabletop as he calmly pointed out, "If I have someone outside, why would I give you ownership?"

Ming Si: "?"

This was...

Such a logical line of thought that she found herself unable to argue.

Seeing her momentarily stunned expression shift into impending anger, Liang Xian couldn't help but chuckle softly. Ming Si slapped him annoyed, "Why are you laughing? This can't go on! Divorce, divorce!"

Before she could finish, her hand was caught by Liang Xian.

He held her hand, picked up a pen, and guided it to the signature spot, "No divorce."

"If this continues, I'll be angered to death by you! Let me ask you, if you get involved with someone outside, will you even bother concealing it, or would you openly show that you're a scumbag?"

Liang Xian's eyes drooped slightly, "Who said that?"

"So you mean you wouldn't bother concealing it?" She frowned.

Liang Xian was amused by her and laughed softly, "What are you thinking?"

His gaze lowered and fell on her discontented expression. His voice and tone turned softer, and the trace of carefree smile vanished, "There's only you for me."

This was Ming Si's small study, connected to her workspace, designed with a casual style. At this moment, only a floor lamp was lit, casting a soft and gentle light. Even Liang Xian's voice seemed to have quieted down in the atmosphere.

Very calm, very serious.

"En," Ming Si was struck by his straightforward words and nearly couldn't contain the smile that was creeping onto her lips. She gave a short response, trying to maintain a stern expression, "Yet, even though we're together now, you still won't give in to me, it's as if nothing has changed from before."

"How long before you are talking?" Liang Xian tilted his head.

Ming Si pondered, "High school?"

During their high school years, she and Liang Xian were completely incompatible.

The corner of his eyebrow lifted slightly, "Are you sure?"

"I..." Before Ming Si could finish her sentence, Liang Xian had already leaned down slightly and kissed her.

With one hand holding the back of her head, his fingers entangled in her long hair, pulling her closer. His refreshing breath enveloped her. Ming Si was forced to tilt her head back, her back leaning against the edge of the desk, which felt a bit uncomfortable. She let out a muffled sound of discomfort and felt a hand gently hold her behind.

After kissing for a while, her breath became uneven. Her fingers clenched his clothes tightly.

Liang Xian withdrew slightly, his voice husky, "Back in high school, would I treat you like this?"

Ming Si: "..."

No, he wouldn't.

Liang Xian chuckled lightly and leaned down to kiss her again.

Ming Si was left dizzy from the kisses, and she strongly suspected that, if it weren't for her current situation, her study would have been the witness to their first time.

The next day was a weekend, and the weather suddenly turned overcast, with a misty haze. The temperature of early autumn in Pingcheng was already quite low, and without the sun, it felt as if they had directly entered the winter of desolation.

Ming Si turned over in bed, her long legs curling under the blanket, and she hugged Liang Xian's waist with both hands, burying her face against him.

She was sleeping soundly, while Liang Xian tended to wake up around this time every day. However, he rarely managed to sleep in a bit longer on occasion, not wanting to get up just yet.

On this lazy early autumn morning, it seemed fitting to snuggle up together like this.

Not long after, Liang Xian sat up, tugging the blanket out from under Ming Si's legs and then covering her back up.

He had done this countless times before, his movements smooth and practiced. However, he couldn't prevent Ming Si from swiftly unwrapping herself again, unabashedly extending one bare leg out from under the covers.

Liang Xian suspected that she was awake and deliberately teasing him.

Covering her up once more, he propped himself on one arm on the pillow, gazing at Ming Si intently. Her breathing was even and gentle, her long, black hair cascading down, partially obscuring her fair face.

He gently brushed her hair aside, causing her long eyelashes to flutter slightly and cast delicate shadows on her eyelids.

Her sleeping appearance was both tranquil and obedient.

In fact, their marriage had progressed in a series of fortunate coincidences.

Looking back now, every step seemed like a stroke of luck.

After watching her for a while, Liang Xian couldn't resist pulling her into his arms and placing a kiss on her forehead.

When Lin Xijia called, Ming Si was in the midst of soldering a delicate piece onto an earring. Currently, most of her time was spent in the villa's workshop. The rest of her time was either spent outside or running errands, all in preparation for the opening of the workshop.

"Ming Si! I heard that Feng Shiru is going to have dinner with your husband!"

Lin Xijia started the conversation with high energy. Ming Si unplugged the soldering gun and her fingers slowly tightened, "What?"

"It seems like it's for a collaboration on one of Feng Shiru's new dramas. She's been promoted heavily by Bo Wen Entertainment in the past two years. This time, she's trying to secure Jinghong's investment. They've reserved a private room at Xibo for dinner tonight; the screenwriter and director will also be there."

Lin Xijia was partially involved in the entertainment industry, so compared to Ming Si, who was completely unrelated and uninterested in the industry, she received timely updates on various news.

"Even though it's arranged by the company, the possibility of her not causing trouble... I think it's zero. You know, she even claims to be an old classmate of Liang Xian. My goodness, what a thick skin she has. They weren't even in the same class and barely exchanged two words, and now they're old classmates."

Listening to this long string of information, Ming Si didn't react too strongly.

She set down the soldering gun, brushed a strand of loose hair behind her ear, and asked, "What's the private room number?"

On the other end, Lin Xijia paused for a couple of seconds, "No, what I meant is... shouldn't you be a little cautious? Why not ask Liang Xian about it? Give him a warning or something. Going directly to cause a scene might not be appropriate, right?"

"Who said I'm going to cause a scene?" Ming Si glanced at the hands of her watch, then stood up and walked out of the workshop, "Is it wrong to go and pick up my own husband?"

It was quite a coincidence that Lin Xijia had only heard the rumors about Feng Shiru's dinner plans from an assistant. She lacked effective contact information.

She was struggling with how to obtain the private room number when she suddenly remembered that her college roommate was working at Bo Wen Entertainment. With a tentative inquiry, she found out that this classmate had become an assistant director and would be attending the gathering tonight.

So, the process of obtaining the room number went smoothly.

"If you see that little white lotus trying to seduce Liang Xian, please don't act impulsively," Lin Xijia reminded her again on the phone, "Talk it out calmly. Liang Xian seems like a pretty reliable guy to me and you've both known each other since childhood with a strong foundation of emotions. He wouldn't mess around outside."

Ming Si fell silent for a moment, "Do you see me as a shrew?"

Lin Xijia: "..."

Not exactly.

It's just that Ming Si has always had the temperament of a young lady and can't tolerate being wronged. The scene where Ming Si stood up for her and slammed a thick Modern Chinese Dictionary onto the head of a scumbag back then left a deep impression on her.

"That was a scumbag who deserved it," after listening to Lin Xijia's example, Ming Si snorted, "Besides, my hand hurt for days after hitting him, so I didn't bother him again. He deserved those hits."

Lin Xijia nodded repeatedly, "You're absolutely right, Young Lady!"

Ming Si curled her lips, "I'm hanging up."

After ending the call, she looked at herself in the bright dressing mirror, turned sideways a couple of times, smoothed the non-existent wrinkles on her skirt, and finally nodded in satisfaction.

At 7 PM, downtown Pingcheng, at the entrance of the Xibo Hotel.

By this time, the sky had darkened completely. The city center was aglow with lights and the traffic on the road was flowing like a sea of taillights. Ming Si leaned against the driver's seat, bored, watching the countdown of the red traffic light.

She used to drive a lot when she was abroad, but after returning to the country, she mostly relied on chauffeurs. Upon careful reflection, this was actually the first time she had driven herself.

When the green light lit up ahead, Ming Si made a turn. Instead of entering the parking lot of Xibo Hotel, she found a roadside parking spot and stopped. The front windshield was facing the direction of the hotel entrance.

Getting the private room number was just for precaution, Ming Si didn't actually plan to go in.

She wasn't even specifically here for Feng Shiru. Liang Xian had been coming home late for two consecutive days, and she couldn't stay up, so she came early to pick him up.

Of course, Ming Si didn't deny that she also had the intention of showing Feng Shiru who's boss.

—If she happened to walk into the trap.

As it turned out, Feng Shiru really was aiming to walk into this trap.

Close to 8 PM, after finishing a round of mobile game with Cheng Yu and others, Ming Si looked up and happened to see the man walking out of the hotel entrance.

Liang Xian's figure was quite recognizable. He was tall, broad-shouldered, and had long legs. Even in a dignified business suit, he still looked like a celebrity or a male model.

Feng Shiru quickly followed.

Ming Si put down her phone and slowly straightened up.

The car window was only slightly open to allow air circulation. However, even if she fully opened the window, she couldn't hear the distant conversation. She could only roughly guess what they were saying from their expressions.

She paid special attention to their positions and distance.

...Satisfied.

"Mr. Liang, I didn't expect it to be you tonight. I was also your schoolmate before. I don't know if you still remember?" Feng Shiru held her handbag and smiled at him.

Would he remember her?

In fact, when she was still friends with Ming Si, she had met Liang Xian a few times.

But Feng Shiru was too timid. When she was in high school, she was trapped in the cycle of study well, don't have any distractions repeated by teachers and parents day after day. She kept her infatuation hidden deep inside and never dared to greet him or even say anything to catch his attention.

And now, seven years had passed.

She then saw him outside the brand event, and later, she heard the news of his engagement to Ming Si.

All their friends and assistants around them praised the match made in heaven, but Feng Shiru remained indifferent in her seat, her fingernails digging into her palms.

Liang Xian had one hand in his trouser pocket, ignoring her reminiscing, "Miss Feng, is there something you need?"

"Nothing., these words, laden with a strong sense of distance, made Feng Shiru feel awkward for a moment. She collected herself, "I just thought it's a coincidence to run into a fellow classmate at a dinner table."

Liang Xian's personality wasn't actually cold. In fact, anyone attentive enough could hear a subtle and carefree hint of amusement in his speech. However, at this moment, his voice held only a distant dismissal.

"I wasn't in the same class as Miss Feng, so I can't really be considered a fellow classmate," Liang Xian raised his hand to check his watch, and when he looked up again, he had started walking, "If Miss Feng has any cooperation matters in the future, you can contact my assistant."

Feng Shiru gathered her courage and asked, "What about personal matters?"

"Personal matters?" Liang Xian halted his steps, repeated those two words, and suddenly chuckled, "Only if Miss Feng isn't afraid of breaching her film contract."

Feng Shiru stood stunned in her place, her face turning pale.

She had only tested the waters with that question, but she didn't expect Liang Xian to actually respond with a threat of breaking the contract.

Before she could think of how to remedy the situation, bright and glaring car headlights suddenly illuminated the area.

She squinted her eyes, and as she opened them again, she saw a red Ferrari pull up brazenly at the entrance of Xibo Hotel, stopping just a few steps away from her.

Liang Xian also stopped in his tracks.

The Ferrari's headlights cast two bright yellow beams onto the clean ground. The driver's side door opened, and a foot in slender high heels touched the ground. Christian Louboutin's red-soled shoes sparkled with diamonds, and as the foot touched the ground, the arch seemed to glow.

When they touched the ground, the arch of the foot seemed to radiate light.

The color of the car, the imposing momentum as it braked to a stop, even the posture of the car owner stepping out, all exuded an air of arrogance.

Feng Shiru tightly clenched her palms.

Ming Si stepped out of the car wearing a little black dress. In the night breeze, her long hair gently fluttered, revealing a radiant face with fair skin and sophisticated red lips.

She raised her hand to gently close the car door, curling her lip in a playful smile, "I've been waiting for you for a while, husband."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 162K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
588K 16.8K 59
Description Lin Qingqing was still talking to her friends about taking part in the singing contest the previous night. When she woke up the next day...
1.1M 59K 58
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
8.1K 119 11
You had just moved out of your parents house after getting a good job for the night shift at freddy Fazbears pizza,to pay for your collage tuition be...