Ties And Fate (Book 1)✔️

By NunenaClarke

Wang Linxue transmigrates into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In t... More

Chapter I.
Chapter II (Arc 1).
Chapter III.
Chapter IV.
Chapter V.
Chapter VI.
Chapter VII.
Chapter VIII.
Chapter IX.
Chapter X.
Chapter XI.
Chapter XII.
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII (End of Arc)
Chapter XIX (Arc 2)
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LX
Important news!!!
Chapter LXII( End of Arc)
Very Important News!!!

Chapter LXI

1.9K 38 4
By NunenaClarke

Please vote and comment.

As the black sedan car pulled up near the chaotic scene at the dock, the wailing sirens and blaring ambulance sounds filled the night, adding to the sense of urgency and tension. The flashing lights from the emergency vehicles illuminated the area, casting an eerie glow on the unfolding events.

Xi Jinwei, the Xi Matriarch and Patriarch, along with Wang Linxue's mother, stepped out of the car, their expressions reflecting a mix of fear, concern, and horror. Their eyes scanned the chaotic scene, taking in the multiple police ships rescuing survivors from lifeboats and the water. The backdrop of a raging fire on a medium-sized ship further heightened the intensity of the situation, casting a menacing glow over the evening.

Many news outlets were also in the backdrop reporting the scene as it happened for it would be a big story tommorow.

Xi Jinwei, followed closely behind Wang Linxue's mother as they hurried towards a nearby police officer. With a tremor in her voice, she approached the officer and anxiously inquired.

" Good evening officer. My-My daughter, here is her picture. She was also on the ship. Have you seen her?"

The police officer turned to face them, his expression reflecting the gravity of the situation.

" I'm sorry ma'am.The police are still rescuing the survivors. I don't have enough information to assure you."

Fang Luman deflated at the news and she stumbled in pain. Xi Jinwei caught her in his arms and rubbed her back soothingly.

" Please don't give up hope. I'm sure she would be ok. It's Linxue, she would not just leave you behind."

Leave me behind.

Xi Jinwei let go of her and stared at his grandfather speaking very sternly at a police commander at the scene and his grandmother placating him, telling him to calm down. He clenched his fists at how powerless he was. He could only stand there and look on. He felt... pathetic.

" Fang Luman!" A man shouted amongst the chaos and Fang Luman's eyebrow raised as she saw who it was. Some of the police moved away from where they when the police commander called at them to give orders.

" What are you doing here Linkai?" She couldn't hide the shock in her voice. She couldn't believe that this heartless monster was here.

" I'm not here for you. My daughter..." He was cut off with a scoff from his ex wife.

" Your daughter? Where you not the one who left her? You divorced me and I left her to you and what did you do? You mistreated her so much she could not stay by your side. So f*ck you! She is no longer your daughter."

Wang Linkai raised his palm at her and scowled," If you want to talk about our family situation right this moment then fine. Don't act like you're innocent in all of this Fang Luman. I knew you cheated on me before we divorced but I said nothing about it because of our daughter, so stop being a hypocrite."

Fang Luman gasped in shock and Xi Jinwei could not help but raise his eyebrows in shock at the scene unfolding.

" That...that was a drunken mistake. I---"

" Oh sure, drunken mistake. That's what they call it these days. On one of your business trips you actually slept with your business partner. Nuo, isn't it? The man you're with now. Imagine the rage I bottled up all these years." He sneered but his tone softened while he continued.

" But I took the anger I had for you out on my daughter. My little baby and I regret it so much. Now look where she is. I left her to you so you could take care of her when I was been blackmailed, at my lowest, when I was angry and depressed while you were with that man. "

Fang Luman shook her head as the tears streamed down her face. She sobbed in remorse as she listened to her husband.

" At least I own up to my mistakes. I know what I did was wrong and I have no excuses but you....all you do is make excuses. I swear, if Linxue makes it alive, I am taking her back."

" Shut up! You're not taking her any where. Over my dead body!"

Before any of them could say anymore,the ship in the water exploded with a loud bang sending tiny debris into the sky while the flames got even larger. And all anyone could do was look on .

*********************

After a few hours, the flames were doused and the police gathered all the survivors. Perhaps because the Xi Patriarch and other influential families were around , the police worked very fast. The were able to get the number of people who were on the boat, those who were missing and unfortunately those who died.

Quan Fumin on the other hand stood on the dock which a blanket over him. He stared the river in front of him, eyes cold while he clutched an opal necklace in his palm tightly. He had been on that ship when it exploded the first time. He had seen Wang Linxue briefly because she arrived on set today and didn't have anytime to chat with her because he had his schedule full and had planned to speak to her when he was done.

But when the ship exploded, he couldn't think about anything else but ensure that she was ok. While everyone was fleeing, he searched the ship and asked around but everyone was in a state of panic. He had reached the back of the ship where the ledge was and what he saw haunted him till now.

" What do you mean she is missing?! Oh my God." He heard a woman sob as she grabbed the police man as if he could do anything for her but police were only human after all.

Quan Fumin stared at her with familiarity. Miss Fang not Mrs Wang, she had introduced. He gazed at Xi Jinwei standing beside her and he could recognize the expression on his face as well and it mirrored his own. He clenched his fists in pain, his heart hammering. He did not know how to break the news to them or if he should or if they should make their own conclusion.

" Miss Fang. " He walked towards them in resignation. He had to do it or they would have their hopes up for nothing.

The police, Fang Luman and Xi Jinwei grandparents stared at him curiously.

The Xi Matriarch asked with a hint of relief, " Quan Fumin, you're here too? Thank God you're ok? Are your parents around?"

"Yes they're here but...I have something to say." He said but his gaze flitted to Xi Jinwei who didn't bother to look at him at all.

" I... I found this on the ship." He presented the opal necklace to them and anyone who knew Wang Linxue would know she always wore this necklace for some unknown reason.

Fang Luman gasped and took the necklace. Xi Jinwei glanced at the object for a moment before he froze.He swiped the necklace from the grip of Fang Luman not caring about etiquette and his hands shook as he stared at it.

He launched himself at Quan Fumin and grabbed his collar pulling him roughly towards him . Quan Fumin flinched and it wasn't only from the action but at the the bloodshot eyes that stared back at him.

" Grandson!" His grandmother scolded but he ignored her.

" He's hurting." He heard his grandfather say in understanding.

" Where did you find this?" He spoke coldly his hands trembling.

" Jinwei...I,"

" Tell me! Please, just tell me." He voice sounded pained at the end as tears brimmed in his eyes. Fang Luman understood what Quan Fumin implied with his silence and broke down crying. The Xi Matriarch hugged the woman into her shoulder's feeling her pain.

" The ship had tipped a bit and slanted over at the back due to the explosion and the ledge was partially gone. I-I saw blood stains , a lot of it, that slid down into the water... due to t-the slanting...but I saw the necklace. It hanged over the ledge . I didn't see a body but the water was bloody at where the blood trailed. Jinwei, I'm sorry but Linxue, she's gone."

His eyes are filled with a mix of shock and grief as he peered at his friend. His heart was tearing apart in his chest but he couldn't manage a single tear or word.All the tears that had brimmed in his eyes were gone .He let go of his friend and blinked almost emotionless.

"I see." He managed to say as he clenched the necklace in his hand.

The Xi Matriarch saw the expression in her grandson's eyes and her heart raced in her chest. She recognized the expression on his face because she had seen it once before. When his mother was pronounced dead.

When she had met her grandson for the first time, he had this same expression and she hoped to never see it on his face again. Seeing such a expression on a little boy and now a teenager was very heartbreaking and she couldn't help the tears that sprang in her tired and crinkled eyes.

The police man who stood at the side left this family to grieve for there were about 17 more families like this. There were about 40 crew members and so far, 11 were missing and 6 were pronounced dead. About 23 were injured ranging from mildly to severely. But in the minds of everyone, the 11 who were missing were automatically thought of as dead.

" I'm sorry for your loss Miss Fang, Mr Wang." The Xi Patriarch announced sadly staring at his wife then nodded, " Let's us go home and rest. We should go and mourn for our beloved granddaughter. We all deserve that much. Grandson, you too. Call some of her friends who are waiting for news."

Xi Jinwei nodded at him.

"Let the driver drive you home. Grandma, Miss Fang. You too Mr Wang. I'll be here with the police to see if they can find any trace of her. Her status is still missing but...." He paused and stared Fang Luman who sobbed into his wife's shoulder.

" Come on, let's go so the police can do their job." The Xi Matriarch said.

Quan Fumin stopped Xi Jinwei who was walking away with his grandmother and pursed his lips.

" I'm sorry I couldn't have done more to save her."

Xi Jinwei stared at him and nodded coldly.

As they moved towards the car Xi Jinwei's eyes met Ling Zhirou who was unscathed with a blanket around her as she sat with her brother and unbridled rage came upon him.

Ling Zhirou who met his gaze raised her arm to wave at him but her heart jumped out off her chest when he sneered in hatred at her and she almost thought he had found out about what she did. But then she remembered he wasn't there when it happened. So she lowered her hand and smiled at him hesitantly.

Xi Jinwei looked coldly at her before whipping his face away and Ling Zhirou who saw this felt like there was a knife over her head . She shivered as she watched his tense back moving away from him and she clutches her blanket even tighter around her body in fear. Her brother who saw this clutched her into his chest even tighter.

********************
Xi Jinwei who reached his room immediately entered the bathroom. He splashed water onto his face and felt the water drip down his face and lips then into the dark marbled sink. He stared at his expression in the mirror in front of him . His eyes looked lifeless and bloodshot and his face has become paler than usual. But his teeth....

They chattered so noisily and when he noticed he willed himself to stop. His throat bobbed multiple times and he swallowed countlessly. His hair fell over his right eye and he lowered his head to stare at the necklace in his hand that dug into his palm so tightly his knuckles were white .

" Grandson? Jinwei? Are you in there? What is happening?" His grandmother called from outside his bathroom. She banged on the door when she heard nothing from him.

He heard his dog Weizhe claw and scratch the door as if it felt the pain wanting to go to his master to comfort him.

" I'm fine Grandmother." He said as he opened the door. He closed the door behind him and walked to his desk where his laptop is . His dog followed him and lay at his feet and whimpered when it was ignored by his master.
His Grandmother shook her head at him. She had come to check on him just in case he lost control of his mind or something but after seeing he was still hanging on,she left him so he could grieve. She would come back later to check up on him since he didn't seem to want to talk to her now.

Xi Jinwei stared at the necklace his palm quietly, studying the intricate details, trying to figure out why she liked it so much and why she wore it all the time. It was unique but simple in design and he could help but compare it to how she was to him.

Simple but unique.

'Wait for me Xue'er. I'll take revenge on your behalf for what she did.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 885 86
Why The Big Villain Hasn't Run Away Yan Luqing was reading a heart-abuse novel of the year when she was on the plane. Among them, the most popular is...
55.3K 1.6K 56
Ever heard of transmigrating into your favorite novel. If you ever want it to be, it would be obviously the female lead, but worst of it is, I Aseema...