The Eminence in Shadow: The D...

By Lighningtzzz

Kazuto Kirigaya had finally found the tranquillity he'd longed for. With his beloved circle of dear friends... More

Chapter 1: When It All Started
Chapter 2: Pursuit of Shadows
Chapter 3: Clash of Blades and Revelation
Chapter 4: Kirito's Intervention
Chapter 5: Yukime's Resilience
Chapter 6: Mastering Magic and Unlocking Potential
Chapter 7: Whispers in the Shadows
Chapter 8: Undercover Charades
Chapter 9: An Interrupted Date
Chapter 10: Moonlit Pursuit
Chapter 11: Clash of Fates in the Underground Abyss
Chapter 12: Shadows Converge
Chapter 13: Shenanigans Around
Chapter 14: Market Mayhem
Chapter 15: The Unseen Gambit
Chapter 16: Shadows and Synergy
Chapter 17: The Mundane Masquerade
Chapter 18: The Unwanted Charade
Chapter 19: Blades of Defiance
Chapter 20: Bonds of Steel
Chapter 21: Theatrical Intrigues and Daring Rescues
Chapter 22: Cleansing the Shadows
Chapter 23: The Powerful Convergence
Chapter 24: Shadows and Secrets
Chapter 25: Portals and Punishments
Chapter 26: Veiled Prophecies
Chapter 27: A Mission From Mitsugoshi.
Chapter 28: Secrets and Strife
Chapter 29: Kirito's Unexpected Duel
Chapter 30: Dancing with Danger
Chapter 31: The Academy's Incident
Chapter 32: Kirito's Resolve
Chapter 34: Decisions and Departures
Chapter 35: A Day With A Princess
Chapter 36: Ticking Time of Misfortunes
Chapter 37: The Knight and the Enigmatic Spirit
Chapter 38: Kurumi Versus Kirito
Chapter 39: A Pact Sealed in Light and Shadow
Chapter 40: Kirito, Aurora and Cid's Odyssey
Chapter 41: Chains of Aurora's Past
Chapter 42: Confrontation In The Holy Ground

Chapter 33: Kirito, Shadow And The Mysterious Clock Tower

848 40 24
By Lighningtzzz

Kirito stumbled backwards, his hands instinctively reaching for his neck as he felt the cold blade slice through his flesh. Horror and disbelief flooded his senses as he stared at his own decapitated body, unable to comprehend what had just happened. "Shadow... How...?" His voice trailed off into stunned silence as the darkness of the ancient dungeon closed in around him.

As Kirito's consciousness began to fade, the clock tower's arrow moved again with a sinister creak, echoing through the cavernous dungeon. With each tick, time seemed to warp and bend, until suddenly, Kirito found himself standing on the other side of the dungeon, his body intact and his mind reeling with confusion.

But before he could grasp his newfound fortune, Shadow's presence enveloped him once more. This time, instead of a swift decapitation, Shadow's insidious power manifested in the form of a suffocating darkness that seeped into Kirito's lungs, draining him of air and life until he collapsed, gasping for breath, unable to fend off the relentless assault.

Kirito's eyes widened in shock and disbelief as he found himself inexplicably back in the dungeon for the third time, his body whole but his mind reeling with confusion. "What... what is happening?" he muttered, his voice trembling with uncertainty. "How...?" he began to ask before Shadow attacked him once more.

As the clock tower's arrow moved to the next minute, Kirito's heart raced with fear as he braced himself for another inevitable death at the hands of Shadow. But before he could even process the situation, Shadow cut him in two.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Kirito shouted, his voice echoing through the cavernous dungeon in desperation and frustration. The cycle of death and confusion seemed endless, and with each passing second, his terror only grew.

As the clock tower's arrow moved with each sinister creak, Kirito's heart sank with dread, knowing that with every tick, another gruesome demise awaited him at the hands of Shadow.

With each passing minute, the cycle of death repeated itself with horrifying variation: decapitation, stabbing, blasting away, drowning in darkness, and more. Each death brought fresh agony and confusion, leaving Kirito struggling to comprehend the relentless onslaught.

His mind reeled as the clock tower's ominous tolling marked the passing minutes, each chime signalling another round of torment. Despite his best efforts to resist, Kirito found himself unable to break free from the suffocating grip of Shadow's malevolent power.

As the clock tower struck twelve, the dungeon fell silent, and Kirito stood amidst the darkness, battered and broken mentally but still alive.

Kirito's heart pounded in his chest as he waited, bracing himself for the inevitable return of Shadow's relentless assault. But as the moments stretched on, he noticed something peculiar: the cycle had stopped. For the first time in what felt like an eternity, there was no sign of Shadow's looming presence.

Relief washed over Kirito, but it was quickly overshadowed by the realization of what he had just endured. Within the span of just one hour, he had experienced death 60 times, each demise more harrowing than the last.

The weight of each experience bore down on him, and he collapsed to his knees, his body drenched in sweat, his breath ragged as he struggled to comprehend the nightmare he had just endured.

Kirito's voice trembled with emotion as he uttered, "What... what was that?" His words hung heavy in the air, echoing the bewildering ordeal he had faced within the depths of the ancient dungeon.

Shadow surveyed the darkened corners of the dungeon, his eyes gleaming with an eerie luminescence as he took in the ancient architecture and foreboding atmosphere. "Ah, this is definitely one of those hidden boss's lairs," he mused to himself, a twisted smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "And hidden bosses are always cool."

Turning his attention to the struggling figure of Kirito, Shadow observed the once formidable warrior now reduced to a trembling wreck. "Pathetic," he whispered, his voice dripping with disdain. "We've barely entered, and you're already in such a weak state."

A semblance of pity flickered across Shadow's features as he regarded Kirito's plight. "I almost feel sorry for you," he taunted, his words laced with cruelty.

With a determined grunt, Kirito drove his sword into the ground and used it as leverage to pull himself up. Despite the lingering weakness from his repeated ordeals, he refused to succumb to despair.

"What do you mean by 'barely entering' this dungeon?" Kirito demanded, his voice tinged with a mix of confusion and defiance. He couldn't comprehend how Shadow could speak of their journey as if it had only just begun, considering the countless deaths he had already endured.

Before Shadow could respond, Kirito's gaze snapped to the clock tower, his eyes widening in disbelief as he realized the arrows were frozen at eleven. "No... that's impossible," he muttered, his mind racing with the implications of the halted timepiece.

Then, suddenly, a woman's voice slithered into Kirito's mind, a peal of chilling laughter dancing lightly on the edges of his consciousness. It was a sinister melody, weaving its way through his thoughts with an unsettling grace.

As Kirito's senses were assaulted by the unexpected intrusion, he recoiled in surprise. "Who... who are you?" he stammered, his voice tinged with a mixture of shock and disbelief. He couldn't fathom where the voice was coming from or how it had infiltrated his mind.

The woman's laughter persisted, a haunting echo that seemed to reverberate within the depths of Kirito's soul. "My, my," she whispered, her tone dripping with an enigmatic amusement. "I must say, I'm impressed by the lengths you would go to uphold your principles."

Kirito's brow furrowed in confusion as he struggled to make sense of the woman's cryptic words. "What do you mean?" he demanded, his voice tinged with a hint of frustration. He longed for clarity amidst the swirling chaos of his thoughts.

The woman's laughter ceased, replaced by a sense of solemnity that hung heavy in the air. "In the end," she murmured, her voice carrying a weight of wisdom, "that's why I chose you."

Kirito's eyes narrowed with suspicion as he accused the mysterious woman, "Were you the one behind all of this? Did you orchestrate these twisted trials?"

The woman regarded him with a knowing smile, her gaze piercing through the darkness. "Accuse me if you must, but remember, you were the one who sought me out," she replied cryptically. "I merely showed you the path to victory."

Kirito shook his head in disbelief, refusing to accept her words at face value. "Victory? All I've experienced is death and torment," he retorted, his voice laced with frustration.

The woman's laughter echoed hauntingly through the cavernous dungeon once more. "My dear, those were the outcomes of what would have happened if I didn't intervene," she explained mysteriously, her words shrouded in enigma. "But now, you stand on the precipice of true victory."

"Are you suggesting that what I've endured... was a glimpse into the future?" Kirito's voice wavered with a mix of incredulity and dawning realization as he sought clarity from the enigmatic woman who had invaded his thoughts.

"That is correct," the woman's voice slithered into Kirito's mind once more, a whisper of intrigue dancing on the edges of her words. "But do not take my word for it. Look around you, and see for yourself."

With a sense of trepidation, Kirito cast his gaze across the dimly lit expanse of the dungeon, his eyes lingering on the frozen clock tower and the motionless Shadow. A shiver of unease coursed through him as he struggled to comprehend the impossible stillness that surrounded him.

"How... how is this possible?" Kirito's voice faltered as he turned his bewildered gaze back to the mysterious woman, his mind reeling with a tumult of questions and disbelief.

The woman regarded him with a serene smile, her presence exuding an otherworldly calm amidst the chaos. "For a being like me, there are no bounds or impossibilities," she murmured cryptically. "There are simply deeds done or left undone."

Kirito's heart quickened with a mixture of fear and fascination as he grappled with the implications of her words. In this surreal domain, where time stood suspended and reality seemed to warp at the whims of an unseen force, he found himself teetering on the edge of a revelation beyond comprehension.

As time began to flow once more, the clock tower's gears groaned into motion, casting eerie shadows across the dungeon floor. The woman's voice echoed softly in Kirito's mind, her words carrying a weight of purpose. "You now know what to do," she whispered, her tone imbued with a sense of inevitability.

With a subtle nod, the woman continued, "I will aid you, but only for a fleeting moment." Her cryptic promise hung in the air, leaving Kirito to ponder its implications amidst the swirling uncertainty.

Kirito's mind swirled with a whirlwind of confusion and uncertainty, his eyes fixed on Shadow with a gaze that pierced through the darkness like a beacon of determination amidst the swirling chaos. Though the weight of his countless deaths hung heavy upon him, he found himself inexplicably drawn to the enigmatic woman's cryptic guidance.

With a wary yet resolute expression, Kirito shifted into a defensive stance, his muscles coiled like a spring ready to unleash its pent-up energy. His gaze never wavered as he addressed Shadow with a tone that echoed with the gravity of his newfound resolve.

"I'm ready," he declared, his voice a whispered challenge that reverberated through the ancient dungeon like a solemn oath sworn in the face of an uncertain destiny.

Shadow's smirk widened into a malevolent grin as he heard Kirito's declaration. "Ah, that's what I wanted to hear," he sneered, his voice dripping with malice.

With a sudden burst of speed, he lunged forward, his form engulfed in darkness as he unleashed a flurry of relentless attacks upon Kirito.

With lightning reflexes, Kirito parried each of Shadow's attacks with precision, his sword dancing through the air with practised grace. With a swift sidestep, he evaded a sweeping strike aimed at his midsection, his movements fluid and agile as he remained one step ahead of his assailant.

As Shadow's onslaught intensified, Kirito's focus sharpened, his senses honed to a razor's edge as he anticipated each move with uncanny accuracy.

As the exchange continued, Shadow's expression shifted from smug confidence to surprise, his attacks faltering against Kirito's unyielding defence. "I'm surprised you were still holding back," he remarked, his voice tinged with a hint of begrudging respect.

Kirito met Shadow's gaze with steely determination, his resolve unshaken by the taunts of his adversary. "I'm just getting started," he replied, his voice a quiet declaration of defiance.

Shadow's grin widened into a smirk as he acknowledged Kirito's resolve. "Very well," he conceded, his tone dripping with anticipation. "Let's take this to the next level then."

As Shadow's form materialized behind Kirito in an instant, a chill ran down Kirito's spine as he felt the familiar presence of his relentless foe. But this time, instead of succumbing to fear, a sense of clarity washed over him as he recalled the countless scenarios that had unfolded in his repeated deaths.

With a surge of determination, Kirito's mind raced with the memories of each encounter, his muscles moving with an almost instinctive precision as he anticipated Shadow's next move. As the blade arced toward his neck, Kirito's sword shot up to meet it, the clash of metal ringing out through the cavernous dungeon.

With a mighty push, Kirito deflected Shadow's swing, sending the dark figure stumbling backwards but managing to defy the fate that had haunted him throughout his ordeal. As he stood his ground, a flicker of hope ignited within Kirito's heart, knowing that he had finally broken free from the cycle of death and despair.

Shadow's eyes widened in surprise as he observed Kirito's swift counterattack, his thoughts racing with disbelief at the unexpected turn of events. "That swing was so fast... even Alpha would have struggled to react," he mused to himself, a hint of astonishment colouring his voice.

Turning his gaze back to Kirito, Shadow assessed his opponent with a newfound respect. (Either his reflexes are his ace in the hole,) he thought, his thoughts racing with the implications of their encounter, (or his instincts are those of a seasoned warrior on par with my own.)

"Trust me, I'm more surprised and confused than you right now," Kirito said with a wry smile, his voice tinged with a mix of determination and bemusement.

With renewed resolve, Kirito rushed at Shadow once more, his movements fueled by a newfound sense of clarity amidst the chaos that surrounded them. "But I know what must be done," he muttered under his breath, his mind racing with the memories of his countless deaths and the patterns that had emerged from each encounter.

As Shadow launched into another flurry of attacks, Kirito's mind raced with the memories of his previous deaths, each scenario replaying in his mind with crystal clarity. With a calm focus born from experience, he anticipated each of Shadow's moves and effortlessly parried them with precision, his sword dancing through the air with a grace that belied the chaos of their battle.

With each deft manoeuvre, Kirito carved out an opening, his movements guided by a newfound understanding of his opponent's tactics. And as he neared the culmination of their deadly dance, he saw it: a one per cent chance to defeat Shadow, a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness.

With a swift motion, Kirito lunged forward, his sword cutting through the air with deadly precision. But Shadow was quick to react, bringing up his own blade to block the attack, the clash of metal reverberating through the cavernous dungeon.

With a sudden burst of strength, Shadow pushed back against Kirito's blade, sending him staggering backwards as he struggled to maintain his balance. Gasping for breath, Kirito stumbled back, his chest heaving with exertion as he fought to steady himself amidst the chaos of their confrontation.

Meanwhile, Shadow touched his own cheek, feeling the warmth of blood seeping from a shallow cut inflicted by Kirito's earlier attack. With a mixture of surprise and annoyance, he examined his hand, his gaze narrowing as he realized the extent of Kirito's resolve.

Shadow stood frozen in disbelief, his mind racing to comprehend how someone of Kirito's calibre could have managed to wound him.
It was a sensation he had not experienced in his new life, a reminder of the mortal vulnerability that lurked beneath his immortal facade.

He's not wielding some ancient artefact or tapping into hidden reserves of power," Shadow muttered to himself, his voice tinged with a mixture of admiration and frustration. "He's just... in the right place at the right time."

Shadow's mind churned with a whirlwind of thoughts as he tried to make sense of the unexpected turn of events. How could Kirito, a mere mortal, have gained the upper hand in their battle? It was a question that gnawed at the edges of Shadow's consciousness, his pride wounded by the realization that his opponent had managed to outmanoeuvre him.

"Let's see just how far your luck will take you," Shadow muttered under his breath, his voice laced with a mixture of anticipation and intrigue.

With a swift motion, Shadow conjured a giant sphere of purple magic in an instant, the air crackling with energy as the arcane power coalesced around him. With a sinister smirk, he turned his gaze to Kirito, a challenge gleaming in his eyes.

"Try to evade this," Shadow taunted, his voice dripping with arrogance.

As Shadow focused on the swirling energy of his conjured magic, a prickling sensation crawled up the back of his neck, sending a shiver down his spine. Instinctively, he turned, his eyes widening in surprise as he found Kirito standing just inches away, his sword poised for a strike.

"How...?" Shadow's voice trailed off in disbelief as he struggled to comprehend how Kirito had managed to close the distance without him noticing. The realization dawned on him with a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach: he had let his guard down, underestimating the resourcefulness of his adversary.

A smirk tugged at the corners of Shadow's lips as he acknowledged his oversight. "I got careless," he muttered to himself, his voice tinged with a mixture of irritation and begrudging admiration for Kirito's tenacity.

With a mental command, Shadow tapped into his Bionic Perception of Time, the world around him slowing to a crawl as he honed in on the subtle nuances of Kirito's movements. Every twitch of muscle, every shift in posture, became clear as day as he analyzed the situation with a precision bordering on preternatural.

As Shadow's heightened senses analyzed Kirito's movements with unparalleled clarity, a sudden sound pierced through the stillness of the dungeon-a faint but unmistakable ticking emanating from the direction of the clock tower. Shadow's eyes darted to the ancient timepiece, his brow furrowing in confusion as he beheld the sight before him.

Despite the world around him being shrouded in a slowed perception of time, the arrows of the clock tower were moving at their normal pace, each tick resonating through the chamber with eerie precision.

A sense of unease crept over Shadow as he realized the significance of this anomaly. In a realm where time itself seemed to bend to his will, the sight of the clock tower's unaffected movement defied all logic and reason, hinting at forces beyond his understanding.

"Is that clock tower aiding him?" Shadow sneered, his voice dripping with disdain as he turned his gaze towards the ancient timepiece. "Very well then, let's see how it fares against my magic."

With a malevolent grin, Shadow conjured the massive sphere of crackling energy, directing it towards the clock tower with deadly precision. The sphere hurtled through the air, closing the distance with alarming speed as it zeroed in on its target.

As the sphere collided with the clock tower, a deafening explosion engulfed the chamber, sending shards of stone and debris scattering in all directions. Shadow watched with satisfaction as the ancient structure crumbled under the force of his attack, its once imposing form reduced to rubble.

But as the dust settled and the echoes of destruction faded, chilling laughter echoed through the dungeon, mocking in its tone and unmistakably feminine. Shadow's eyes widened in surprise as he realized the source of the sinister sound, his mind reeling with the implications of its origin.

Suddenly Shadow's consciousness abruptly snapped back in time to the moment when Kirito was poised to attack him from behind, a surge of disorientation washed over him. Before he could fully comprehend the situation, Kirito's sword sliced through the air with deadly precision, striking Shadow's vulnerable form.

With a grunt of pain, Shadow stumbled forward, caught off guard by the sudden reversal of fortune. As he turned to face his adversary, he felt a searing pain radiating from the wound in his torso, a grim reminder of Kirito's successful strike.

Grimacing, Shadow clenched his fists, his eyes narrowing in frustration as he surveyed the chaotic scene unfolding before him. The clock tower stood tall and unscathed, its presence an ominous reminder of the inexplicable events that had transpired within the ancient dungeon.

"What the hell is even going on here?" Shadow bellowed, his voice echoing through the cavernous chamber with a mixture of rage and bewilderment. Despite his formidable powers, he found himself ensnared in a web of uncertainty and confusion, his grasp on reality slipping with each passing moment.

Kirito smirked and wiped the sweat from his brow, his confidence growing as he observed Shadow's increasing frustration. "Looks like someone's losing their composure now," he taunted, his voice laced with amusement.

Shadow's eyes flashed with irritation at Kirito's taunt, but he quickly regained his composure, his resolve hardening as he focused on the task at hand. With a swift motion, he pointed his sword up high, assuming his most formidable stance, ready to unleash his ultimate move.

But before Shadow could execute his attack, a ray of sunshine broke through the darkness, illuminating his face with an unexpected warmth. His gaze softened as he lowered his sword, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips as he addressed Kirito.

"You would've predicted that move too, wouldn't you?" Shadow remarked, his tone tinged with begrudging admiration. "As long as that clock tower is near, it seems my strategies are futile."

As Shadow soared through the air, his cloak billowing behind him like wings of darkness, he cast a disdainful glance down at Kirito. "Impressive," he conceded, his voice carrying on the wind with an air of begrudging respect. "But don't think for a moment that this changes anything."

As he hovered above Kirito, a sly grin played at the corners of Shadow's lips. "You may have won this battle, but the war is far from over," he taunted, his tone laced with a mixture of arrogance and determination.

Kirito's brow furrowed in frustration as he shouted up at Shadow, his voice echoing through the cavernous chamber. "Don't you dare walk away!" he demanded, his fists clenched in defiance.

But Shadow paid him no heed, his gaze fixed on the horizon as he prepared to vanish into the night. "Shadows move freely only at night," he murmured cryptically, his words carried away by the wind as he began to fade from view.

Later on...
Alone in the dungeon, Kirito sat on the cold, hard ground, his breaths coming in ragged gasps as he tried to make sense of the chaos that had unfolded. "What a nightmare," he muttered to himself, his voice barely above a whisper as he replayed the events in his mind.

As the dust settled within the ancient dungeon, the eerie silence was suddenly broken by the arrival of some of the members of Shadow Garden, their figures materializing amidst the darkness like spectres emerging from the shadows. They stood in a tight formation, their expressions unreadable as they surveyed the aftermath of the chaotic battle.

Before they could assess the situation further, a portal shimmered into existence, and Gamma stepped through, her presence commanding attention as she took in the scene with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

"What happened here?" Gamma demanded, her voice cutting through the tense atmosphere with an air of authority. Her eyes narrowed as she noticed Kirito amidst the debris, his form battered but defiant amidst the chaos.

Kirito rose to his feet, brushing the dust from his ripped clothes with a weary sigh. "If you're looking for your lunatic leader," he remarked, his tone tinged with exhaustion, "then he already left."

Gamma's expression softened as she took in the sight of Kirito's battered form, concern etched into her features.

As she knelt beside him, Gamma struggled to find the right words to express her confusion and apprehension. "I... I don't understand," she began, her voice faltering slightly. "Lord Shadow knew you were our ally. Why would he go to such lengths to... to harm you?"

Kirito flashed Gamma a tired smile, his attempt at humour masking the pain he felt both physically and emotionally. "Maybe he just wanted to test my resilience," he quipped weakly, his voice tinged with a hint of exhaustion.

But then, his expression grew serious as he locked eyes with Gamma, the weight of their shared ordeal weighing heavily upon him. "Whatever his reasons may be," Kirito said solemnly, his tone firm and unwavering, "It's not like I'm the biggest fan of the methods he uses. I just can't stand still and watch the chaos around me. "

As Kirito sat amidst the debris, his mind still reeling from the chaotic battle that had unfolded, the mysterious woman's voice slithered into his thoughts once more, chilling laughter dancing lightly on the edges of his consciousness.

"My dear," the woman whispered, her tone filled with an unsettling mixture of amusement and apprehension. "It seems you've weathered the storm, but I'm afraid the true chaos has yet to begin."

Kirito's brow furrowed in confusion as he processed the woman's cryptic words, a sense of unease creeping over him at the implication of what was to come.

"You need to show yourself," he declared firmly, his voice echoing through the cavernous chamber with a sense of conviction.

Gamma and the other members of Shadow Garden looked at Kirito with confusion, their expressions betraying their bewilderment at his sudden outburst. "Who are you talking to, Kirito?" Gamma asked, her voice tinged with concern as she glanced around the dimly lit dungeon, searching for any sign of the mysterious presence Kirito seemed to be addressing.

"I'm afraid we cannot meet face to face just yet," the mysterious woman's voice echoed softly in Kirito's mind, her words carrying a weight of caution.

Kirito frowned, his frustration mounting as he struggled to make sense of the woman's cryptic words. "But why? What is it that you're trying to achieve?" he demanded, his voice tinged with a mixture of curiosity and impatience.

The woman's laughter danced lightly in Kirito's thoughts, a chilling melody that sent shivers down his spine. "All in due Time, my dear," she whispered, her tone laced with enigmatic amusement. "For now, know that by aiding you, I have expended much of my power. Drastic measures are required to ensure our success."

Kirito's brow furrowed in concern as he processed the woman's ominous warning, a sense of foreboding settling over him like a heavy cloak. "What do you mean by 'drastic measures'?" he asked, his voice tinged with apprehension.

Before the woman could respond, a bloodcurdling scream pierced through the silence of the dungeon, causing Kirito's heart to lurch with dread. He turned to see one of the members of Shadow Garden writhing in agony, her body contorting in unnatural ways as she clutched at her chest in agony.

Gamma and the other members of Shadow Garden rushed to the young girl's side, their expressions a mix of concern and confusion as they tried to make sense of her sudden distress. They attempted to soothe her, offering words of comfort and support, but their efforts seemed futile as her cries of pain grew louder and more desperate.

"Stay with us," Gamma urged, her voice laced with desperation as she tried to comfort the girl. "We'll get you help, just hold on a little longer."

But despite their best efforts, the girl's condition continued to worsen at an alarming rate. Kirito watched in horror as her youthful features contorted and aged before his eyes, the passage of time accelerating with each passing moment.

In mere seconds, the once vibrant young girl had transformed into a frail old woman, her cries for help growing weaker with each laboured breath. Gamma and the others could only watch in shock and disbelief as the inevitable approached with terrifying speed.

As the old woman's body finally succumbed to the ravages of time, her cries fell silent, leaving only the echo of her passing to fill the air. Gamma bowed her head in mourning, her eyes glistening with unshed tears as she grappled with the sudden loss of their comrade.

Kirito's heart weighed heavy with sorrow as he witnessed the tragic outcome, his mind racing with questions and uncertainty. "What just happened?" he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper as he struggled to comprehend the inexplicable events that had unfolded before him.

"My dear," the mysterious woman's voice slithered into Kirito's mind once more, her tone filled with a chilling mixture of amusement and indifference. "That was just a little sacrifice, a necessary step towards our greater goal. You need not dwell on it too much."

Kirito's eyes flashed with anger as he glared into the darkness, his frustration boiling over at the woman's callous disregard for the life that had been lost. "A little sacrifice?!" he exclaimed, his voice echoing through the cavernous chamber with a mix of anger and disbelief.

But the woman's voice seemed to fade into the distance, her presence receding like a distant whisper carried away by the wind. "We will certainly meet again soon enough," she whispered cryptically, her words lingering in the air with an eerie sense of finality. "Until then, you must try to keep yourself alive, Kazuto Kirigaya."

Kirito stood frozen amidst the remnants of the ancient dungeon, his mind a whirlwind of confusion and uncertainty. The events that had transpired were beyond anything he had ever experienced, leaving him grappling with a reality that seemed to defy all logic and reason.

Author's Note:
Hey everyone, hope you're doing well!

I know this chapter was a bit of a rollercoaster with Shadow and Kirito duking it out, and some mysterious stuff going down. It was a hefty read, I know, but hopefully, it kept you on the edge of your seat!

There are still a lot of mysteries left to uncover, and I promise we'll get to them in due time. If anything left you scratching your head, don't hesitate to reach out and ask. Seriously, I'm here to help untangle any confusion.

Alright, that's a wrap for now. Don't forget to give a vote or a comment if you're enjoying the story-I appreciate it.
And remember, Delta is always lurking... kidding!
But seriously, your support means the world to me.

Catch you in the next chapter!😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1.2K 26
I am Jubelith, a die hard Kalluto Zoldyck fan. . . ...
5.1K 133 46
This has no connection with "Ramatsu User (2019)" This is the Re-Imagining of "Ramatsu User (2019)". Everything you read here, will be different. Tha...
136K 5.5K 70
All it took was a plane crash, and Kise Ryota was no more. Strangely enough, he didn't feel sadness, only regret. Regret for not checking his engine...
184K 7.6K 82
𝗥𝗲-𝗶𝗻-𝗰𝗮𝗿-𝗻𝗮-𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ୮ A person or animal in whom a particular soul is believed to have been reborn ∞︎︎- "ԃιԃ уσυ кησω тнαт вєℓ...