Frazzled Rose

By EkKahanikaar

My life was a frazzled rose A shattered rose The sunlight of your existence made it fresh But nothing has be... More

Frazzled Rose
Character Aesthetics
Frazzled Rose Tunes - The Spotify Playlist!
|A Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ Uɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ|
|Wᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ Rᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ|
|Pᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Pᴀsᴛ|
|Zᴀʜɪʀᴀ|
|Cʜᴀɴɢᴇ ғᴏʀ Gᴏᴏᴅ|
|Dᴏ I Lɪᴋᴇ Hɪᴍ?|
|A Sʜᴏᴄᴋᴇʀ Fᴏʀ Rᴀᴅʜɪᴋᴀ|
|Aʀᴇ Yᴏᴜ Gᴀʏ?|
|Hᴜᴍᴀʀɪ Tᴀʀᴀғ Sᴇ Hᴀ Hᴀɪ|
|Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ Gᴀɴɢsᴛᴇʀ|
|Rᴏᴋᴀғɪᴇᴅ|
|Aᴅᴅ Tᴏ Cᴀʀᴛ|
|Rɪɴɢs Exᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ|
|Tʜᴇ Bᴀᴄʜᴇʟᴏʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ|
|Bʏ Tʜᴇ Pᴏᴏʟ|
|Oɴsᴇᴛ ᴏғ Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ|
|Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Hᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ|
|Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ Rᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ|
|A Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ Iɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ|
|Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ Wᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ Nɪɢʜᴛ|
|Qᴜʀᴇsʜɪs?|
|Mʀ. & Mʀs.|
|Aʀʏᴀ's Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜ|
|Bᴇɢ Mᴇ|
|Rᴀᴅʜɪᴋᴀ ɪɴ ᴀ Dɪʟᴇᴍᴍᴀ|
|Oғғɪᴄᴇ Dɪɴɴᴇʀ|
|GIRLS ONLY|
|AN ENEMY FORGOTTEN|
|THE NIGHTMARE|

|Tʜᴇ Fɪʀsᴛ Dᴀʏ|

168 5 48
By EkKahanikaar

मांधो म्हारो छोकरों नि 

सुन्दर थारी छोरी 

लागे सबने एहू जैसे 

रब ने बना डी जोड़ी

✨✨✨

I stretched my arms lazily. I turned around to sprawl, but I next moment my eyes shot open and a painful groan escaped my lips when I fell of the couch, with my comforter entangled with my legs.

A muffled cry escaped my lips, and I twisted my head behind to rest it on the couch. My eyes were barely open, but with those half open eyes, I looked at her who was sleeping soundly on the bed, comfortably. 

But the next moment, my half open eyes opened to their biggest size possible. Night suit? Really? A night suit? It was her trap to throw me out of the bed?! 

How dare she?! She is so dead now.

Jumping back on my feet, I marched to her and in then next few seconds, she was sitting on the bed, breathing deep, half bathed and a empty jug in my hands. 

I rested my knee on the bed, and grabbed her face, making it tuff for her to speak. She was struggling for a release. 'How dare you double cross me, bitch!'

Pushing my hand away, I stumbled on my feet, when I received a leg on the midriff. I groaned in pain. 'How dare you?!'

'Dare you call me with those words again, and next time the kick won't be on the midriff, but a few inches below the level. And then don't blame me if you lose the capability to have kids!'

Fuming with anger, I grabbed her upper arm, yanking her close. 'Oh is it? Don't forget you little stingy bee, if I go infertile, then it's you who's gonna suffer.'

'I would better die childless, rather than having a child with you.', she scoffed.

My hand went to her hair, fisting them in my palm. She shrieked in pain, trying to freed herself. 'Do you think you are Miss. Universe that I will die over your beauty?! I don't even spit at people like you, sleeping with you is a way far thing!

My fist immediately let go of her hair, when she spat at me. 'But I do!'

'You bitch!', I wiped off my face, but a punch of shock hit my face, when she grabbed my neck, piercing her nails.

She stepped deadly close to me. 'Say that again and I chop your tongue off.'

I was shocked seeing her guts. How dare she grab my neck. Clasping her hand tight, I twisted her behind her back. She moaned in pain, as I tightened my grip. 

Possibly, the marks of my fingers would have been imprinted on her wrist. 'And you little bee, touch me again, and I will file a domestic violence case against you.'

Saying this, I shooed her away harshly, leaving her to collapse on the bed. That was loud, a painful shriek escaped her lisp as she landed on the bed.

Such a attention seeker. That was a bed, with a soft and fluffy mattress, and she's acting as if she had hit a stone. 

Shooing her away from my eyes, I headed out of the room, my towel and a pair of my formals, giving her the last look of the day.

'Urgh I hate this!'

Damn! Why are sarees literally so annoying? Wearing this looks so elegant, but why wearing this long thing is so touch.

Mumma always begged me to learn to wear saree, but me was me. I was always so over confident. And currently, I am cursing myself under my breath, for not paying heed to her words.

Someone said it so right, that we should never argue with our moms, they are always on point. 

Now, I am standing in front of the vanity, half draped in the saree, and the other half...lying around. Struggling for another few minutes, the saree was draped all around me and I squeaked with happiness.

But seems like the destiny had some other plans. My happiness was short lived.

I look into the mirror, and my smile dropped. The big cloth hung on me but...it looked like a....something but definitely not a saree.

The saree looks crooked.

Damn! What mess I have created. I am embarrassed on my own self for wearing a saree like this.

Hallelujah, no is present here to witness this amusing scene. But destiny was way too cruel to me today. 'Bhabhi, what it this?!'

My heart dropped to the kidney at the voice rang into my ears. I looked up into the mirror, and found Kavya behind me, trying to control her cackling. 

A deep pink shade rose up to my cheeks. 'No I mean, what exactly are you trying to do?'

'Kavya, actually...I was trying to get my saree right.', I twisted my lip to the side.

She giggled, but covered up soon. 'Oh is it? But it looks more like you have been wrestling with the poor saree and it lost it's shape.'

Saying this she cracked up, unable to control anymore. I looked at her annoyingly from the corner of my eyes, and pouted lips. 'Shall I sew your lips Kavya?'

'Ok ok I am sorry. But you, the queen of Indian wear doesn't know how to drape a saree?', I sighed as I faced the question, again.

'No. And honestly Kavya you know, I was in 10th when I wore saree for the first time in a family event and that stupid thing opened in front of everyone. And since then, saree has been my frenemy!', I spoke with a grumpy face ,and she chuckled.

'Ouch...that would have been embarrassing.', and I nodded with a pout, but the next second, the tube light of my brain lit.

'Kavya, do you know how to drape a saree?', I asked with hopeful eyes. 

She nodded promptly, and my eyes twinkled with joy. 'Then, will you please help me fix this saree?'

'Uhh I would love to bhabhi. But if you are so uncomfortable in saree, then why do you want to wear it, just go for some other dress no. I mean I just don't get it.', my lips again twisted into a pout.

'I am in my sasural Kavya, and this is my first day.', she chuckled hearing me, and pulled me into her arms.

'Ohho my cute bhabhi. There's no rule stating that a daughter in law should wear a saree on her first day at sasural. If you are uncomfortable, then you are free to go for any other dress.', a smile crept up on my lips, and sighed a relief.

But my mind was still in a dilemma. 'Ok, but are you sure? I mean won't the elders mind?'

'Definitely not. Bhabhi, our family isn't the one from the typical one from the desi serials who loves to trouble their daughter in laws. Just chill, bhabhz.', she shooed away all of my dilemma in a second.

Giving her a thankful hug, I dig into my suitcase to get the perfect pick for the day, with Kavya following me everywhere like a tail.

Checking everything thoroughly, I finalized a crimson dyed anarkali suit, full sleeved, plain with a heavy embroidered dupatta. 

I defined my eyes with a thin stroke of eyeliner, and a shiny lip gloss. Setting my chooda right on my hands, and hanging down the chand baaliyan on my ear lobes, I was ready for the day. 

I snickered in a low tone, when she threw her arms across my shoulder and gave a peck on my cheek. 'My beautiful bhabhi.'

Looking at her for few seconds, I replied her with a peck on her cheeks and hand in hand we found our way in the hall.

'Tch...such a spoilsport you are Kavya!', we were boggled over Nihaal's statement.

'What did I do bhai?', Kavya was totally blank.

'Today is bhabhi's first day after their wedding, we expected her to come downstairs with bhai hand in hand, but instead you came with her. You spoilt all the mood, idiot!', poor Kavya's mouth hung seeing the praises she was receiving.

I chuckled witnessing Kavya's expressions. 'It's ok Nihaal. It's not that big issue.'

And in the next second, Kavya was in my arms. 'Yes. Only my bhabhi understands me.'

'Also it's much better to hold her hand, rather than his.'

I muttered under my breath, but my bad Kavya heard it. 'You said something?'

I fell short of words, unexpecting her to reply. I passed her a tight smile. 'Nope. I didn't.'

'Radhika beta, where is Avyaansh?', I passed her a weak smile.

I am clueless. What do I answer. 'Uhm I don't know chachi ji. grabbing his after bath stuff, he left the room in the morning itself.'

'Here is he!'

My neck straightaway twisted to the back. He was descending down the stairs, dressed up in his formals.

'Why are you in your formals Avyaansh?'

Was he really going to office today? Not that I care, but I am still his wife, how can he go to office today. 

'Maybe because that's what we wear at workplaces, dad.'

I rolled my eyes at his statement. Is it necessary for him to be sarcastic always? 'And why do you think you are allowed to leave the house today?'

My lips flickered into a small smile. 'Dad please. I have already missed so many days due to the wedding stuff. Now, I can't.'

'Bhai, this is not done. You have your newly wedded bride at home, and you are going to leave her alone on the first day?', Meher whined like a child.

'She has you guys here Meher. And it's crucial.'

Such a asshole he is. 

Arguing with him feels like banging the head on the wall. 'Let it be guys. It must be important. I don't want to be a hindrance in his work.'

'Of course, you are a hindrance in my life and that's enough.'

My head snapped at him as he uttered in a hush tone, giving him a penetrating look, all set to burn him down into ashes with my sharp gaze.

'Radhika, that's really considerate of you, but still it's not right on his part.'

My heart was overwhelmed, seeing the affinity, love, warmth and affection I was receiving from my new family. 'It's ok chachi ji. Truly, I have whole life to spend with him, it doesn't matter.'

'As you wish beta. But are you sure? We can stop him if you want.'

I passed dadi a small smile, before continuing. 'Yes dadi. I am.'

'Ok beta. But Avyaansh, it's her first rasoi today. Please leave after that.'

Everyone agreed with chachi, and the next moment, Kavya jumped into the conversation. 'Yes bhai. And you have to help selecting her reception outfits too.'

Unwillingly, he has to agree on it. 'Kavya, all the outfits shortlisted are from Zahira right?'

With her big smile, she nodded her head hastily. 'Then all would be the best. She can select anything she wants. It's her day too, let her decide.

As he completed, the hall was filled with teasing hoots, leaving a print of pink shade on my cheeks. 

Salvaging me from the teasing gang, chachi ji and Kavya pulled me into the kitchen. 'Radhika, we have kept all the possible ingredients you would need. So do you need any further help?'

'No chachi I am good.'

'Ok. Toh ab aapke hawale kitchen saathiyo. And bhabhi, rasmalai's bhai's favorite sweet dish. Just saying.'

Shrugging her shoulders, a giggling Kavya vacated the kitchen, followed by chachi. 

Rasmalai? It's ok Radhika. Let's not showcase the hatred in front of the family too. You can make it. 

Rasmalai, it is.

Scanning all the ingredients, I grabbed the ones I need, full fat milk, cottage cheese, sugar, cardamom, nuts and the king of rasmalai, the saffron.

Performing the chulha poojan, I quickly started the preparations for making my dish, not before tying my dupatta on my waist, and my hair into a bun.

Keeping the chashni on the stove, I started the procedure of make chenna ladoos and press them like discs. And as I was done, I dropped them into the prepared chashni. 

On the other hand, I boiled the full fat milk, and once it was done, the nuts and cardamom found their way in the pot, followed by the saffron.

My heart enthralled with joy, as the soft red orange shade of the saffron, slowly started inking the milk. 

This look so good to witness. 

My true aesthetic is cooking, truly.

I slowly stirred the milk, and it was done, I added the chenna ladoos to the milk, and ta-daa, it was done.

Transferring them into a big bowl, I garnished it with cardamom and a pinch of saffron on the top, and grabbing it in my hands, I moved out.

'Ahh that was quick!'

I smiled shyly as dadi praised me, with a smile and in the next minute, everyone were on the dining table, and as insisted by the family, I grabbed my seat beside him.

Everyone served themselves, rather than expecting the daughter in law to handle it for everyone.

My eyes were gaping them all with anticipation that everyone would relish it, as they gulped down one bite.

'Delicious!'

My eyes twinkled with joy, as the first appreciation came from my dear devar. And followed by him, I received love filled admiring comments from everyone, excluding him of course.

And followed by the words, I received beautiful gifts too, which included, crochet flowers, jhumkas, jhanjhar, pendants, and some cash too.

'Bhai, she made your favourite sweet. Won't you gift her anything?'

All the eyes shifted to him, looking at him for a answer. He gaped at me for few seconds before continuing. 

'She got the opportunity to marry me. Isn't that enough?'

My smiled flattened hearing. How can someone be so audacious?! 

But I was not the only bothered one, his family was included too. They continued looking at him  with grumpy faces.

'Ok fine now there's no need for these cranky faces. Here you go.'

And as he finished, he put a gift wrapped thing in my lap. My face beamed with happiness. How could so no to gifts yaar?

'Bhabhi, dekho na bhai ne kya diya hai dekho na dekho na!'

(Bhabhi, please see what bhai has given you.)

Kavya seems much more excited than me, I chuckled seeing her ecstatic.

'Kavya, you seem hyperactive, even more than her. I guess we need to start groom hunting for you.', he smirked at her, and I chuckled.

A pink shade up to her cheeks, and face palmed herself. Everyone cracked over her drama. 

I opened the gift wrap and a gasp escaped my lips. It was book. All the poem and shayaris by Ghalib sahab. Oh my god.

When did he turn so considerate? This was the best gift I received.

'At least you would be busy reading it, and I would be free from your crow voice.'

The shine of my face immediately dulled away. Whenever I try to have a soft corner for him, he always does something which does not let me regret over my decision.  

Giving him a stern look, I didn't waste much time on him and was busy seeing the book in my hands. 

'That was thoughtful bhai. Very nice gift.', Mahira praised him, and he passed her a sweet smile.

Oh my god. He smiles too?

Excusing him from us, he ran out of here, as soon as possible. I left a sigh. 'Uhm I would just keep the stuff in my room. Excuse me please.'

'Bhabhi I will help you with the stuff.'

And Kavya promptly jumped back to her feet, and grabbing the gifts in our hands, we headed back to my room, and straight to walk-in closet.

'What's that bhabhi?'

My gaze followed her and my eyes fell on my vintage diary. 'That's my diary Kavya.', I smiled at her.

'You write diary?'

She asked, and I nodded. 'Not everyday, but yeah I do.'

'That's cool. And even the diary is so pretty. I just love the vintage cover.'

She said and he eyes didn't leave the diary, she caressed it with her fingers. 'You like it right? I will get you one.'

She immediately jumped in my arms, and I giggled. 'Thank you bhabhi. I love you.'

I patted her back slowly and caressed her hair. It was just a day, and I feel so connected in here, especially with Kavya, she is just like my little baby sister.

'Kavya, one of your friends came over, she needs some notes.'

We came out of our stance when Viraj interrupted us. 'Oh yeah. I called her up. Bhabhi I will be back in few minutes, and then we will selected your outfits for the reception. Cool?'

I nodded at her, and the next moment she ran out of the room, and giving me a smile, Viraj followed her out. 

I fell back on the bed, resting my back on the soft backrest and opened my diary, and grabbed a pen from the side table, and began scribbling on it.

8 April 2021, 10A.M.

Urghh I don't believe this, how can Mr. Red bull leave me alone on the first day after our wedding. Huh Shameless! Ok I know that this was a forced marriage, but who behaves like a prat?! Thank god, at least I have Viraj bhai and Kavya with me to pass my time, but this man, I will not forgive him ever. 

But forget it Radhika, he's not worth it. Ignore him, and have your focus on the lovely family I got. I ain't able to believe still, that how can I be a part of such an amazing family. I feel blessed.

How lovingly everyone welcome me in the family, made me feel so special and also gave me so beautiful gifts. Yeah, his gift was also...okay but he didn't have to say those words. 

It's not even one complete day in here, and this family already feels so good. And now I just hope that I share the same bond with them, all my life, and I truly wish me and Avyaansh try sorting out things, if possible and if he wants.

Uhm I guess that was enough. I penned my cap and put it back into it's place and same with my diary.

And immediately I dialled mumma. 

Why? Of course I had to tell her that this daughter of hers made her proud in her sasural. This is a big achievement, no?

How was the chapter? 😙😙

And what do you think of the gift he gave her?

Liking the new bond of Kavya and Radhika? 

What bond do you think Viraj and Radhika will share? 😗😗😗

Date - 18/02/2024

Word Count - 3075 Words

Vote! Comment!

Love Y'all ✨🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 21.4K 38
"Aditya what are you saying ?" I asked him with glossy eyes. Not believing at my ears what he said. No this can't happen he can't say this. "I am s...
21.6K 1.1K 19
To all the cindrella who had a dream of prince charming to save them but ends up falling too hard for a morally grey dark villain" She is fire, he is...
531K 34.5K 100
5 ACE SERIES [ SECOND BOOK ] **** Have you ever thought about how far one would go for love? Curious to know then read further ---- **** She was tra...