Standing Next To You

Bởi Arvinnikooo

A normal an peacefull life is what you always wanted. A new neighbor makes the world you once Dreamed about... Xem Thêm

Authors note
Epilogue: The one where you meet Jin
~ The one with your anniversary
~ The one with the boat trip
~ The one where you text with your new neighbor
~ The one with the text messages
~ The one where you found out
~ The one where you ignore everyone
~ The one with Jimin and the deal
~ the one that is the day after the deal
~ The one where you make chocolate chip cookies together
~ The one where Jin asks you to meet up
~ The one with the pancakes and him not forgiving you
~ The one where Hobi finds out
~ The with the shelter and Tetris

~ The one where you wake up in his bed

34 7 4
Bởi Arvinnikooo

The adrenaline finally wears out and you wake up. Not knowing how long you've been out for, you groan and roll to the other side. Opening your eyes you frown seeing the bedcover. Your room doesn't look like this. It certainly isn't Naza's room. Sitting straight you blink rapidly trying to make any sense of your surroundings.

The only light in the room comes from the window. There is a whole set up of computers in the room, a big closet, some trophies and a few pictures. Getting out of bed you have to stay still to get your balance back.

Standing up you see that you are dressed in an oversized shirt and some shorts that aren't yours. The last thing you remember is running into Naza's arm and falling into a deep sleep. Guessing by the light you assume it's between 12 and 4 am. Quietly walking to the door you try to open the door without making any sound.

Relief comes over you when you notice that you are in Taehyung's apartment. The couch is what gave it away since you saw it a few days before.​​ You try to not make any noise when you leave the apartment. A sudden sound startles you and you sprint to the door, opening the door and running to your own door. Entering your code you sprint inside. A sudden pain makes you scream. A glass piece gets into your feet and you jump onto your kitchen counter so that the glass piece doesn't go any further into your feet.

Your door unlocks and you know by the footsounds that it isn't Naza.

'It's me, Kook. Wait, let me turn on the lights.' He says while pressing the switch.

All the light suddenly flows into your eyes and your retina can't handle the sudden bright light. Blinking rapidly you try to get used to the light. Frowning you try to see sharp and after a few seconds you start to see sharp again.

Kook is standing in front of you. Scared to face him, you keep looking at his chest. He wasn't lying when he said he used to get called a doritos chip. His shoulders are broad and he definitely has a six pack or maybe even eight pack. Looking at his arm you see that he covered one of his arms with tattoos. Before you can comprehend what you are thinking you hear Kook talking to you.

'Look at me.' He says.

Looking up at Kook for the first time you wish you didn't look at him at all. His eyes sparkle like stars and he is beautiful. He's got a lip piercing and an eyebrow piercing. If there would be a picture of perfection then it would be a picture of him. Lost for words you don't know how to respond.

'Why did you run away?' He suddenly asks.

'Well...' You stammer.

Maybe it's because you woke up in a bed which was unknown to you and a set of pyj's you had never seen and a few other factors which made you want to flee?

"Well?" He responds with a cold look.

'I got scared and it activated my fight or flee hormone and that's how I ended up here.'

The frown between his eyes changes to a look you can't completely figure out.

'I am going to examine your feet. Is that okay with you.' He asks.

'You don't have to look at my...' Cut off by Kook grabbing your foot, you lift it for him to see the glass piece better.

'It's not deep into your feet. Do you have some tweezers and a first aid kit?' He asks

'Tweezers are in my room on my desk and my first aid kit is in the bathroom in my room in the second drawer.' Kook nods and walks away and into your room.

If someone would've said that all these things would happen you would've laughed at their face. Everything seems so scripted. You almost want to yell to ask where the camera's are but who would even make a prank like this.

Coming out of your room you finally see Kook's entire body. He seems tall and equipped with a good figure.

'It will hurt but I will try to minimize the pain.' He says.

'Okay, I trust you.' You breathe out.

Giving you a small smile he takes your foot and examines it before starting to get the piece of glass out of your foot. You inhale a sharp breath when you feel the glass piece moving out of your foot.Trying to find something to squeeze you hold the end of the table.

'Okay I removed the pieces but I need to see if you have some smaller ones on your feet and for that I have to squeeze your wounds and see if only blood is coming out or glass pieces.

'Do what you gotta do Kook.' You say

Trying to focus on something different you see all the blood that came out your feet.

'I am sorry about the flowers...'

'If anything I should be sorry. I shouldn't have sent flowers to a girl who has a boyfriend.' Kook says

'Had.' You correct him

This earns you a subtle nod.

Reaching for the first aid kit you pull out some cotton wool and pour some disinfectant on it. You're about to pull your foot away when Kook stops you.

'I can do it myself Kook.' You say.

'I know, you are a big girl but I caused the glass pieces to get in your foot. Let me atleast be sure you are taken care of.'

Him calling you a big girl wasn't something you thought you would hear. The act makes you want to raise your eyebrow but instead you give him the cotton wool. Pressing the cotton on your foot he also blows on your wounds to make the pain more durable. After cleaning your wound he takes out a bandage and starts putting it on your feet.

'All done.' He winks.

'Software engineer and a doctor?' You ask lifting your brows.

'I did a lot of fighting sports and after a while you get used to the procedure.'

Your mind can't stop itself and the very next moment you are picturing Kook fighting and all sweaty. Shaking your thoughts away you get off the table only to sit back down. The moment you put your feet down you feel a sudden pain on the foot with your injury.

Kook lifts you up and walks to your door.

'Kook you don't have to lift me up. I can handle it myself.'

'Yeah sure, you're a big girl but right now you can't even stand, let alone walk. It's for the best to stay at my place till your wound is a little bit better.' He says

'You don't have to carry me bridal style though.' Being this way makes you feel awkward. Your weight must be uncomfortable for him to carry around this weight.

'You weigh like a feather, don't overthink anything and just let me bring you to my couch. We can eat and watch a movie if you aren't sleepy.'

A movie and some food seems nice.

'Okay but I am cooking.'

'Yeah right you and cooking in this state.'

'Since you think I weigh like a feather there is no reason for you not to carry me from one side of the room to the other.

'Touche' He sighs.

Inside his apartment he puts you on the couch while he walks away to turn on the light. For the first time you get a good look in the inside of his apartment.

'What are we eating?' He asks.

'Let's see what you have at home.'

Kook quickly comes to your side and lifts you. In the kitchen he puts you on the counter. Kook opens the fridge and you see all kinds of vegetables, alcohol, banana milk and some other household ingrediënts.

'Do you have some spaghetti?' You ask.

Kook holds up a finger indicating for you to wait. After a minute he comes back into the kitchen with a pack of spaghetti.

The following 30 minutes you and Kook spend making some spaghetti Alfredo. In those 30 minutes you learn a lot about Kook. His real name is Jeon Jungkook. He is 27 and has an addiction to banana milk. He offered you some and now you both are sipping on banana milk while waiting for the spaghetti to fully absorb the sauce.

Plating the spaghetti Jungkook lifts you and places you on the couch again. Walking back to the kitchen he comes back with the plates of food.

Turning on the tv you put on a fireplace background. You don't feel like watching anything. You rather want to talk.

Looking at Jungkook you see that he is devouring the food.

'How can you cook so well?' He asks

'Living alone has its perks.' You smile even when you don't feel like smiling.

So far Jungkook seems nice. He is caring and can be funny sometimes.

'Enough about me, tell me something about yourself.'

Contemplating whether to talk about your life you decide to give in. So you tell him about your parents, your childhood, how you worked full time while also finishing your school, how you and Hobi met and started a restaurant. Every question Jungkook asks is answered by you. You don't know why but Jungkook feels like the type of person who wouldn't judge you.

This time you ask him all sorts of questions. He tells you about his childhood, his school, how he met Taehyung and all kinds of little facts about himself. Both of you keep talking until the sun rises and you both get tired. Which one of you fell asleep earlier remains a question. Jungkook and you both doze off and sleep till what feels forever.

'Wake up!' Naza screams. Startled, you jump out of the couch only to feel a sharp pain on your foot. Jungkook notices it and puts you back on the couch.

'What happened?' Taehyung asked.

'Little miss ran out of the apartment and into her apartment only to get glass in her foot.'

Naza and Taehyung laugh out loud. Everybody laughs but you can't find the humor in it. Your life got messed up in a spawn of 24 hours.

The sudden realization kicks in. Beneath the anger, there is a profound sadness. The loss of trust and the shattered dreams of your future together weighs heavily on your heart. It feels like mourning not only the relationship you had, but also the person you thought he was.

In the midst of the emotional turmoil, you feel lost and uncertain about what to do next. Seeing you sad Naza walks up to you and hugs you. That hug is the final sign for you to enter reality and break down. You start to cry and Naza hugs you tighter.

'Okay. I am here for you. He isn't worth it.' Naza says.

Trying to relax you start to hiccup.

'I don't get why (hiccup), he would cheat (hiccup) on me. He even asked me (hiccup) to be his mistress..'

That last sentence earns a gasp from Naza.

'He saw the flowers Jungkook sent and called me an attention whore. Naza he tried to rape me..'

You cry hard. Your lungs can't inhale any oxygen. 

'Ssh it's going to be okay.' she says.

Eventually you calm down and take deep breaths.

'I need to be alone for a while.' You stand up.

Jungkook tries to stop you but you raise your hand telling him not to interfere. The pain on your foot is durable. You say your goodbye and enter your house.

You have been ignoring your feeling for too long now. 

Your way of coping with your emotions is to keep being busy. Your routine is to clean everything, change everything, bake and do other tasks. 

Inside you start by cleaning the glass pieces and placing the flowers in the kitchen. You vacuum and then clean the floor.

You start in the kitchen. Wash every glass, bord, cutlery, basically everything that can be washed. Empty the cabinets and clean them thoroughly. After every object is cleaned you wipe the outside of the cabinets, vacuum the kitchen and mop the kitchen by hand.

You vacuum the other rooms and clean every drawer, cabinet and other one by one not leaving a place untouched. Traces of jin are put into a trash bag and ready to be burnt. Of course you know you can't do it and it will stand in the trash bag for a long period before you can burn it.

Now that every drawer is cleaned you decide to change the furniture in your house. You change the place of your couch, the tv, the lamp, your bookcase until you find a more cozy outcome.
Not knowing what to do you order a bunch of books on your TBR and also order a lot of groceries.

While waiting for your orders to arrive you hop into the shower and shower for the first time since valentine's day. Being reminded of Jin's lips around your neck and body you start scrubbing extra hard. A scrub is not enough, you need something harder. Your nails start to scrape your body. You scrape your arms, neck, legs, basically everywhere. Tears form in your eyes and you let them fall. This is the last time you will shed a tear for Jin.

Out of the shower you only put on a light moisturizer because you are scared your body will irritate since you basically scrubbed off the first layer of your skin. You put on gray sweatpants with an oversized gray hoodie. Checking yourself in the mirror you see that your skin is red and your eyes are all puffy. 

Hearing the doorbell you look through the door spy and see the courier. Opening the door you take your books and groceries. Peeking outside you see Jungkook and smile at him.

'When can we hang out?' he asks

You know he asks because he doesn't want to let you alone but you really need to be alone right now. Naza has been sending your text like crazy but each time you told her not now.

'Not now.' You tell him and close the door.

You hate yourself for being so direct and maybe a little bitchy but people need to understand that you want to be alone for now.

The new groceries are put into their usual place and you put your nex books on your coffee table. Counting you see sixteen books in total. Maybe you went a little overboard but you don't care. Taking out a box out of your bookcase you take out all the tabs in different colors and put them next to your unopened books.

Cooking is the only way for you to let your emotions free. You start making 2 big pizzas and after that you start baking cookies. You make all kinds of cookies and end up making enough cookies to put 20 people in a sugar coma.

No matter how much you bake you still feel lost. Normally you would let all your emotions go into your food but today it doesn't seem to work. Cleaning everything you put everything in boxes and groaning when you take out the last batch of burned cookies because your mind kept wandering to Jin with that girl on his couch.

The rest of your day you spent reading books. Reading books makes you forget about your own life. The best distraction for you is to read about someone else's life. You act like the main character and forget about your own.

Hours pass and you keep reading. You're currently on your fourth book. You don't register the fact that the sun has risen. Tapping every page you turn the pages faster. Your headphones keep playing guitar and piano music. The book pulls you into your imagination and even if it's for a moment you leave the current world.

Being in your imagination is the most peaceful place you can think of. With a click you can forget who you are and turn into who you want to be. There is no limit. Tears are falling from your eyes as you enter another story. A story you wished you were the main person from. The main leads look so happy and it makes you question for a second if Jin was your soulmate and that it was life pulling you apart. Would it be okay to wish for him to come back?

While reading you don't notice it getting dark and you also don't register 4 people entering your apartment. They sit next to you but you don't realize it. They call your name but you still don't give them a sign that you are alive.

Suddenly the book is ripped out of your hand and your headphone pulled from your head. For a minute you think your imagination has put you into your own apartment but that thought is swept away the second jungkook touches your shoulder.

The sudden contact makes you jerk and come back to reality.

'You good?' Jungkook asks.

How are you supposed to answer that? What is it even to be good? To be satisfacted? To be happy? Blinking, you take back your book and put your headphones back on. A tear leaves you and you resume where you left. Back to your imagination. The perfect escape.

'How do you guys proceed from here?' Jungkook asks Naza and Hobi.

Deep into your imagination you don't hear the conversation that is currently taking place.

Hobi and Naza look at each other for a minute.

'Me and Hobi have no clue.' Naza sighs while rubbing her head.

'I have an idea but she would kill us.' Hobi sighs

'At least we would see her move.' Taehyung admits.

Nodding everybody looks back at Hobi and awaits for him to tell his idea.

'Buckle up because we're going for a ride.' Hobi smirks

A ride is the only word you hear out of the whole conversation. You wish you could go on a ride far away from here. To a place that is as much unknown to you as you are to the place. Create new memories, create your own place. A new beginning seems nice. Very nice.

The next day you do exactly the same but only leave the couch when you need to use the bathroom. You're currently on your sixth book and not a since thought goes to your restaurant nor your friends. The last time you ate was at the restaurant but you have been drinking water. Food doesn't feel like a need right now. Escaping does.

So you escape and flee deep into your imagination. The best place to hide since there is no limit...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

197K 4.1K 31
Jeon Jungkook, your first love, a jerk, someone you didn't remember, back to your lover or not? Will you fall in love again? ||COMPLETED||
20.4K 882 29
Maybe for certain people, they thought your life is perfect. Everyone been taken care of you and love you since you are a princess. But, princess lif...
156K 13.6K 86
It was just a letter, a thank you to Jungkook for making you feel some happiness in place that had very little. You never expected him to reply, and...
27.3K 2K 29
in which falling for your new neighbour is a bad idea. ◈ 18+ ◈ short story ◈ comfort fic ©️ bangtanbagels 2023. all rights reserved.