An Unofficial Complex Medicin...

ronbie_dragon által

We do not own nor claim to own any part of the Warriors series by the Erin Hunter group or any part of the Ro... Több

Disclaimer & a Basic Description.
The Medicine Cat Code & Unspoken Rules.
Time Terminology, Medicine Cat Tasks & Common Practices.
Traveling Herbs & Dangerous Herbs.
Herbs & Necessities Part 2/3.
Herbs & Necessities Part 3/3.
Herb Care Tips & Some General Terminology.
Techniques & Diagnosis Process.
Illnesses.
Injuries.
Other Ailments/Injuries/Things.
Procedures & Assisting a Kitting.
Interpreting Dreams, Roleplaying Tips, & RP Slang.
Citations/Credits & Thank You's.

Herbs & Necessities Part 1/3.

9 0 0
ronbie_dragon által

(The Herbs & Necessities are in alphabetical order.)

ALDER BARK.

Description: varying colors of pale brown, grays, etc. with smaller, dark brown/black spots on it. Once stripped its underside can be green or a very pale tan/brown before drying to varying colors.

Harvesting: strip bark from an alder tree.

Use: toothaches.

How to use: have a cat chew on a piece for a bit.

Time of growth: year-round, ideally in new-leaf (summer).

Location: mainly boggy, wet terrains (Riverclan has a lot of alder trees.).

ADDER'S TONGUE.

Description: has purple-blotched leaves.

Harvesting: can be found buried in soil.

Use: induces vomiting, and can be made into a poultice for swelling and ulcers.
How to use: for vomiting, feed the cat as needed. For poultice, chew (do not swallow) into a poultice and apply.

Time of growth: Unknown.

Location: relatively unknown, though likely in all territories.

ALFALFA.

Description: Many clover-like plants have leaves in threes, similar to alfalfa. Alfalfa is distinct in having teeth just on the upper half of the leaflets and clusters of small purple flowers. A subspecies of Medicago sativa, ssp. falcata has yellow flowers instead of purple.

Harvesting: Cut close to the root or low on the stem.

Use: Helps to prevent tooth decay, useful for aging elders.

How to use: Have the cat chew on it for a while, until a mush or they're done with it.

Time of growth: Throughout new-leaf, and leaf-fall, hardly between.

Location: deserty, warm land. (ThunderClan's rocks and sand hollows, WindClan.)

ALOE VERA.

Description: Aloe vera is a herb with succulent leaves that are arranged in a rosette. The leaves are grey to green and sometimes have white spots on their surfaces. They have sharp, pinkish spines along their edges and are the source of the colorless gel twolegs can be spotted using.

Harvesting: neatly slice one of the leaves at the base, and carry in a leaf. Do not carry in your mouth and try to avoid touching the gel.

Use: using the gel you can ease a sunburn, help itchiness on the skin, and help with skin problems.

How to use: cut leaves into two and scrape the inner gel off onto another carrying leaf or directly onto the cat's skin.

Time of growth: unknown.

Location: twoleg gardens and dens mostly.

(Note: Ingesting will lead to the cat vomiting, diarrhea, and change in urine. We advise to avoid using this for anything other than for the skin.)

APPLES.

Description: Apples at harvest vary widely in size, shape, color, and acidity, but most are fairly round and some shade of red or yellow. There have been noted to be many different sorts.

Harvesting: Preferably do not harvest off the ground, as this has led to more health problems. Rather, climb up the tree and cut the stem near to the branch, and collect afterward, or even have another cat collect as you cut.

Use: The fleshy, off-white inside can be used on occasion to sweeten mixtures and such to help along the process. Do NOT consume the seeds, leaves, stem, and all other parts.

How to use: cut up using claws, and take out the fleshy parts. Administer as needed and advise for your situation.

Time of growth: early new-leaf through early green-leaf. Possibilities of successfully finding some in the other seasons.

Location: This varies from apple tree to apple tree, noted by a traveling loner, but most of the time they prefer dirt or soil with a sandy to clay texture. Dry and with decent sun as well.

BEECH LEAVES.

Description: The narrow, coarsely saw-toothed, heavily veined, blue-green leaves of the American beech are about 13 cm (5 inches or two paw-steps) long and turn yellow in autumn.

Harvesting: leaves from a beech plant, not the roots or stems.

Use: to carry herbs around.

How to use: place items/herbs in leaves, fold sides, and carry.

Time of growth.: during the middle of new-leaf.

Location: mainly grows anywhere that's not wet (Windclan has the best beech plants).

BINDWEED.

Description: It bears long-stalked clusters of fragrant pink, white, or striped blooms across among arrow-shaped leaves.

Harvesting: pull the vine part out, strip of leaves and flowers.

Use: helps keep splits in place while mending broken bones.

How to use: fasten around the splits to keep bones in place during healing.

Time of growth: late green-leaf to early leaf-fall (summer to early autumn).

Location: found in all territories relatively easily.

BLACKBERRY LEAVES.

Description: spiky, green leaves from a blackberry plant.

Harvesting: pull leaves out, and store for usage.

Use: to soothe bee stings.

How to use: chew leaves into a pulp, and apply on sting.

Time of growth: leaves grow year-round, ideal to harvest in med green-leaf (summer).

Location: bushy areas, grown in all territories.

BLOODROOT.

Description: a wax-like white flower, a single leaf with a pale underside, and the roots are orange-red and smell bitter.

Harvesting: do not use your mouth. Use your paws if you must harvest this.

Use: to kill cats.

How to use: very poisonous, merely administer as needed.

Time of growth: speculation that it grows best later in green-leaf.

Location: grows in rich, large forests. (Thunderclan has more than Shadowclan).

BORAGE LEAVES.

Description: The whole plant is rough with white and prickly hairs. Flowers are blue or purple and star-shaped.

Harvesting: harvest leaves off a borage plant, and store for use.

Use: Bringing/producing healthier milk for kits' if the queen's milk has yet to come. Can ease fevers, and stomachaches, and relieve tight chests (helps with breathing).

How to use: Have the cat eat some, and minister more as needed.

Time of growth: Best in mid green-leaf.

Location: Forest-y, bushy areas. Grows in all territories.

BROOM.

Description: a brightly-yellowed flowered plant.

Harvesting: break stems, and store for later or immediate use.

Use: Can be made into a poultice for broken bones and wounds.

How to use: chew into a poultice, place on a leaf, and administer on the injury.

Time of growth: Year-round, ideally in collection through-out green-leaf.

Location: Foresty areas.

BRIGHT-EYE.

Description: small, white flowers with purple veins and yellow centers.

Harvesting: Cut near roots or stem.

Use: theorized to help with small coughs or chest infections in a poultice with lovage.

How to use: In poultice or ingest.

Time of growth: green-leaf to early leaf-fall.

Location: It likes short grasslands, from clifftops to heaths, and is one of several species and hybrids that are hard to tell apart.

(Note: in reality, it is quite toxic to cats if it's the Warriors' version of eyebright, so be mindful of that if you're gonna use this.)

BURDOCK ROOTS.

Description: Burdock is a leafy green plant that grows close to the ground.

Harvesting: Pull the plant out, separate roots and leaves, and store both for immediate or later use.

Use: Poultice can treat scratches and rat bites. The leaves can be eaten to help indigestion.

How to use: Chew roots into a poultice. Have the cat eat the leaves as needed.

Time of growth: Year-round, ideally harvested during new-leaf.

Location: Drier areas (Windclan has an abundance).

BURNET LEAVES (traveling herb).

Description: Looks similar to a raspberry plant.

Harvesting: pull leaves off of the plant, and store for later or immediate use.

Use: Helps with giving energy and strength (queens about to give birth, journeys, etc.).

How to use: have the cat eat as needed.

Time of Growth: grows throughout green-leaf, preferable to collect at green-leaf end.

Location: mainly dry, grassy meadows/areas. (Windclan has an abundance).

CATCHWEED.

Description: covered in burr-like seeds.

Harvesting: Carefully cut stems with seeds on them, mindful not to get any of it on your fur.

Use: helps to keep poultices on a cat.

How to use: apply on top of its fur and poultice.

Time of growth: unknown.

Location: hedges and other low, shrubby vegetation areas.

CATMINT (catnip).

Description: a very delicious-smelling plant that is low to the ground and possesses small, bumpy, slightly fuzzy leaves.

Harvesting: preferably collect during the day so there won't be morning dew on the plant, as to not have it rot in your storage.

Use: Greencough and whitecough.

How to use: feed the cat as needed.

Time of growth: grows throughout green-leaf.

Location: does not grow well in the wild, better found in or around a twoleg nest.

CELADINE.

Description: an uncommon yellow flower with four petals and long pollen stems. Has a prickly, fuzzy stem.

Harvesting: cut close to the root, be mindful not to squeeze it hard, and store it for later or immediate use.

Use: soothes damaged or scratched eyeballs.

How to use: crush above the cat's eyes so that the herb juice can trickle onto the injury.

Time of growth: throughout green-leaf.

Location: mostly in forests, easiest found near water sources.

CHAMOMILE (traveling herb).

Description: Tiny daisy-like flowers have white collars circling raised, cone-shaped, yellow centers and are less than an inch wide, growing on long, thin, light green stems. Its scent is heavy in the air and sweet.

Harvesting: cut close-ish to root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: Blossoms and petals are eaten to strengthen and calm the heart and mind (shock, anxiety/panic attacks). Also given strength when traveling.

How to use: have the cat eat it.

Time of growth: mid-late green-leaf

Location: twoleg gardens.

CHERVIL.

Description: a delicate leafy herb that typically grows about 30 centimeters tall. Has a sweet-smelling scent.

Harvesting: cut close-ish to root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: bellyaches, infections, kitting.

How to use: for infections chew and spit juice onto the infected wound. For kitting have cat eat herb as needed. For bellyaches, just have the cat eat as needed.

Time of growth: late greenleaf to early leaf-fall.

Location: grows in forests among rocky areas.

CHICKWEED.

Description: Leaves are bright light-green, hairless, nearly rounded with pointed tips, a cat's toe to two cat's twos long.

Harvesting: cut close-ish to root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: greencough.

How to use: have the cat eat it.

Time of growth: mid green-leaf.

Location: found in forest areas among rock areas.

COBNUTS.

Description: the fruit of the hazel tree and therefore includes any of the nuts deriving from species of the genus Corylus, especially the nuts of the species Corylus avellana

Harvesting: gather them from under hazelnut trees.

Use: attracts prey and thickens ointments.

How to use: mix into ointment, leave out for prey.

Time growth: throughout new-leaf.

Location: found under hazelnut trees.

COBWEBS.

Description: tangles of silken threads of a spiderweb are usually covered with accumulated dust and dirt.

Harvesting: use sticks to gather.

Use: stops bleeding, holds poultice in place, and binding.

How to use: used like a cloth on open wounds to stop bleeding.

Location: pretty much anywhere sheltered (old dens, caves, rocky places, trees, etc.).

COLTSFOOT.

Description: bears small, bright yellow flowers in early newleaf.

Harvesting: cut close to the root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: eases breathing, kitcough, cracked/sore pads.

How to use: leaves can be eaten to cure a cough, chewed to a pulp, and applied to cracked/sore pads.

Time of growth: late leaf-bare to early new-leaf (late winter to early spring).

Location: found the most around wet areas.

COMFREY LEAVES.

Description: light-green lacy leaves.

Harvesting: cut close to the root, and be mindful not to damage.

Use: eases stiffness in shoulders and legs if lined in a nest.

How to use: line in a nest.

Time of growth: all throughout green-leaf (summer).

Location: found in damp and grassy areas.

COMFREY ROOT.

Description: comfrey root.

Harvesting: dig under the comfrey plant to find roots.

Use: Treats broken bones, soothes open wounds, and applies to wrenched or twisted claws.

How to use: chewed into a poultice.

Time of growth: throughout green-leaf (summer).

Location: found in damp and grassy areas.

CONEFLOWER.

Description: Rich purple flower whose petals are seated in a high cone and is very sweet smelling and tasting.

Harvesting: pull the plant out of the ground and later separate leaves and roots from the stems (stems are otherwise unneeded)

Use: roots and leaves can be eaten to be given strength for disease resistance, and combat infections.

How to use: have the cat eat roots or leaves as needed.

Time of growth: mid green-leaf to late green-leaf.

Location: grows in northern rugged areas near short pine trees (Shadowclan has quite a bit).

DAISY/DAISY LEAVES (traveling herb).

Description: rosette of small, thin white petals surrounding a bright yellow center.

Harvesting: cut near roots, be mindful not to damage.

Use: joint pain, can also be used to prevent pain while traveling.

How to use: consume.

Time of growth: all throughout new-leaf and green-leaf.

Location: found nearly everywhere.

DANDELION.

Description: bright yellow plant.

Harvesting: cut near the root, be mindful not to damage.

Use: bee stings, a painkiller.

How to use: juice in stems helps with beestings, and leaves can be eaten to help with pain but taste horrible.

Time of growth: year-round, though best in mid-green-leaf to late green-leaf.

Location: is extremely, annoyingly common.

DEADLY NIGHTSHADE (belladonna, devil's cherries).

Description: Leaves are dull, darkish green in color, and of unequal size. The lower leaves are solitary. They are all oval and begin off of short petioles (leaf stems). Soft, downy hairs may occur on young stems and leaves. The veins of the leaves are prominent on the underside. The leaves both smell and taste awful and bitter. In Leaf-Fall, around the base of the petioles will grow shining black berries about the size of a small cherry.

Harvesting: though I advise against it, you may harvest the berries using your paws and force to pull them off onto a leaf for carrying.

Use: killing cats.

How to use: feed cat berries.

Time of growth: unknown due to little use and little knowledge of it.

Location: It is found under the shade of trees, on wooded hills, and will grow very luxuriantly, forming bushy plants that are several feet high when not exposed to a lot of sun.

(Note: extremely poisonous and unlike deathberries, which you can use parts of if only in last resort, deadly nightshade berries are not to be used or trifled with.)

DEATHBERRIES (yew berries).

Description: Identifiable by its red and stout, peeling trunk and pine-like leaves. It's red, pitted berries grow on the stems of the needled leaves and are very poisonous to eat.

Harvesting: Carefully break branches off of plants with berries. Be extremely careful not to damage it.

Use: skin can be used for severe internal infections. Whole berries can be used to end one's suffering if one asks for it.

How to use: consume.

Time of growth: unknown to discourage the use or seeking of it.

Location: found in most forests.

(Note: extremely poisonous and if full berries are consumed will result in death.)

DOCK.

Description: A common, large-leafed plant with a tangy, almost sour, smell and taste.

Harvesting: cut near roots, be mindful not to damage.

Use: scratches, swelling, skin issues.

How to use: leaves can be applied in poultice to reduce swelling, help skin issues, and heal broken or injured pads.

Time of growth: green-leaf through early leaf-fall.

Location: Doesn't grow on mountain-sides but is easy to find in leafy, relatively flat forests

ELDER LEAVES.

Description: A short-trunked, few-branched tree with corky, furrowed bark. It has feather-like leaves with toothed leaflets that smell horrible when touched.

Harvesting: Preferably use paws/claws to cut close to the stem, place in your preferred carrying herb then wash your paws, if you don't you can hurt yourself and your patients.

Use: Poultice to soothe sprains.

How to use: DO NOT EAT. extremely poisonous through consumption. Chew it in your mouth, DO NOT SWALLOW, afterward clean your mouth with water repeatedly. If the pain grows too much while you're chewing it, you can try to use a rock or place it in a large leaf and smash it.

Time of growth: mid green-leaf.

Location: found in woodlands that are not too cold and have weak leafbares (winters).

(Note: the cats wouldn't know this but the leaves and most other parts you do not consume because it has cyanide in it.)

End of Herbs & Necessities Part 1/3.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

329 21 18
As the young Ivypaw discovers what it means to be a Medicine cat and how to cope with the challenges Starclan(and other forces) throw at her; Sapphir...
10.3K 1.3K 29
StarClan - not an end of a cat's adventure, it is just a beginning... Once upon a time, StarClan was peaceful. Birds tweet with a sweet voice, add...
643 59 31
Brokenclaw's destiny is greater than most. But if he goes down the wrong path, the clans could be in danger. But maybe there is one cat who can chang...
2.6K 304 26
BOOK 1 ShadowClan and RiverClan had been at war with each other for years, and at the peak of the bloody fights, three kits were born. Born to a dead...