drive to survive CF1 AU

By hessatje2

from 2023 onwards F1 drivers drive in disney cars and compete for the grand title of CF1 (cars formula 1) wor... More

S1 EP 1: The Prancing horses
S1 EP 2: the good, the bad, and the very bad
S1 EP3: Flying bulls
S1 EP 4: Hidden talents
S1 EP 5: Excuse my Dutch
S1 EP6: Guenther's last dance
S1 EP 7: Far from glory days
S1 EP 8: Till the finish line stops us
S1 EP 9: Desperation

S1 EP 10: Never give up

1 0 0
By hessatje2

The screen is black, dramatic music playing in the background. Cut to Wednesday the 22th of November 2023. All teams and drivers together in one building having a party, the final weekend is approaching.

'I really like this new tradition we are doing.' Lando Norris said.

'There's a long weekend ahead for everyone, some driver will be saying good bye to their teams, or Formula one in general.' Pierre Gasly said.

'It's a good way to distract yourself for a second, let your heart calm down for a bit.' Alex Albon said.

'Everyone goes to this little meet up. Drivers, team bosses, even the reserve drivers get to join in.' Will Buxton said. 'In any other situation where this would happen there would be so many conversations of drivers trying to get a contract somewhere.'

'The drivers who came up with the idea for this new tradition decided all driver talk was banned from this party to make sure this party was really a distraction, and not a massive job interview.' Jennie Gow said, 'it's quite fun to watch.'

'Of course, there is a massive realization from all drivers that this weekend is their final opportunity. The weekend where it has to happen. Wether that's trying to win the drivers championship or show your team that you are worth keeping.' Chris Medland said.

'There is a lot at stake for many teams and driver this weekend. McLaren has to bring a good performance to keep Haas behind, Alfa Romeo and Ferrari are closer then they've ever been and most importantly, the drivers championship is still open.' Will Buxton said.

'There are three drivers mathematically in the hunt for this championship. Charles is in P3 and needs a perfect weekend and a horrible weekend for both other drivers to have a chance at the championship. Zhou Guanyu is in second and only seven points behind the leader of the championship.' Jennie Gow said.

'It's safe to say no one suspected that the driver that comes next is the current championship leader.' Will Buxton said. 'He doesn't have an amazing car, he's not had the most comfortable of environments a driver can have, he's had a lot of pressure.'

An empty chair sits in the middle of the empty black room, a driver seems to be preparing to sit down. The driver sits down, revealing it to be Mexican F1 driver Sergio Perez.

'Well hello.' The interviewer said.

'Good to be here again.' Sergio said with a smile.

'Did you predict to be leading the world championship by seven points right now?' The interviewer asked.

'Well it's been a crazy unpredictable season, I think every good driver has had their ups and downs, I think we've just managed that best so far.' Sergio said. 'I certainly didn't expect it, but I'm not complaining.' He said with a smile.

'Sergio has really been quietly getting in the results. Apart from his sprint victory he has not won anything else, no one saw him coming until he started leading.' Will Buxton said. 'He may not have won much but Sergio has six sprint podiums and eight race podiums to his name, he is the living example of consistency.'

'Winning in Formula one is extremely important not just for the amount of points but the confidence a driver gets. If those drivers become overconfident though, they are susceptible to mistakes, they become inconsistent. You can be Charles Leclerc and win five races, but if you only have two podiums, you lose out the the consistent drivers, which is what's seemingly happened here.' Jennie Gow explained.

'I think it's unfair to say we did something wrong, we've fought harder then we ever have, I'm not giving up until the flag falls.' Charles Leclerc said. 'We still have P2 to grab.'

'All season it looked set and stone Red-Bull would be P1 and Alfa Romeo would grap P2. Well, Red-Bull have secured the constructors championship now, there is no passing them. Alfa Romeo on the other hand, their second driver has really become their weakness. With Carlos Sainz back in the hunt. All of a sudden, it's gotten very close.' Chris Medland said.

'It's been a blast so far this season, today we determine the starting order for both the sprint and the race, it's qualifying time in week twenty-two.' The DTS commentator said excitedly.

'My entire career I've dreamed of becoming a Formula one world champion. To be the first Chinese driver and champing would be the ultimate dream.' Zhou Guanyu told the interviewer.

'I have to bring the drivers championship home to Red-Bull, that would make this a perfect season.' Sergio Perez said.

'Let's catch those Alfa Romeo's.' Charles stated.

'Q1 is coming to an end, we have some great drivers in the knockout zone though, they have one more chance to save themselves.' Crofty stated.

'I think some drivers really feel the pressure, there is a lot to do, a lot to prove, they are absolutely pooping their pants.' Jennie Gow said.

'Both Red-Bull's in trouble here, if these drivers improve they might get surprised.' The DTS commentator said.

'Both Max Verstappen and more importantly, Sergio Perez have been eliminated in round one of qualifying. Max will start 19th. Sergio, 16th. That is really bad for his title chances!' Crofty exclaimed.

'The constructors champions find themselves in a difficult position come the final race. They may be champion, but they are not going to be pleased until Sergio brings home that title, it hasn't started out great.' Jennie Gow explained.

'Onto Q2 ladies and gentlemen, no crashes so far, let's see how long that can last.' Crofty said.

'Our fight with Ferrari is tough, it's almost like a two against one at this point. We really need Valterri to do well for us this weekend.' Alessandro stated.

'Valterri's turn to put up a lap now, a driver with a lot of pressure on his shoulders, though rumors say Alfa might already have a replacement ready for next season.' The DTs commentator said.

'Around turn two, HE'S OFF THE TRACK! Valterri has gone into the wall, disaster for the constructors championship!' Crofty exclaimed.

'You gotta be kidding me!' Alessandro exclaimed, one single hit on the table confirming his annoyance.

'The FIA have brought in new rules to prevent drivers from being out on the sidelines too quickly. If a driver's first crash isn't bad, they are eliminated from the event itself, but can continue on throughout the weekend unless they crash again.' Will Buxton explained. 'Alfa Romeo can't replace Valterri now for this weekend, which is probably what the team wants, they know Nyck is one of the drivers they could score good points with to defend against Ferrari with.'

'Valterri will now start both events from P15, a difficult position to fight from, but it isn't impossible. Oscar Piastri joins him, he'll have a difficult job with his teammate and both Haas cars moving on to Q3.'

'They can push me all they want, say what they say. They can pin point every result, be angry with me. They don't know me though. I'll show them. Wether that's tomorrow, Sunday, or next season. They haven't seen anything yet.' Oscar Piastri said.

Lando laughed after the interviewer told him Oscar said this. 'Well he hasn't seen anything we have in store for next season either.' The most dubious smile on his face ever recorded by man.

'It all comes down to this, 12 minutes of fast times, who can grab pole position here, at the final weekend of the season?' Crofty asked to hype up the crowd.

'Okay Lando, go time.' Lando's race engineer told him.

'Copy.' Lando responded before getting ready for his fast lap.

'Qualifying is very crazy, especially in Q3. The launcher is at a higher speed than in Q1 and 2, you really have to prepare yourself for that well.' Lando said to the interviewer.

'Lando, next out of the launcher, he sets himself up, he goes... LANDO HAS CRASHED OUT OF THE LAUNCHER! Multiple hits there as he rolls a couple of times, that might be big enough for the FIA to force him to sit out this final weekend.

'You just think, ****. You're in such a tough fight, you are needed. Now you are missing the biggest weekend of the season. It's really tough.' Lando told the interviewer.

'Here comes Lance Stroll, HE'S ALSO UPSIDE DOWN. The launcher claims another victim, he will get to move on though, he'll start from P9, unless the rumored penalty for Fernando goes through, that could bring him from P5 to P9.' The DTS commentator said.

'At the start of the season, there were barely any crashes, especially between drivers. Through out the season, especially since the summer break, more crashes have come to the sport. These reserve drivers are almost as busy as the full time drivers at this point.' Will Buxton said.

'The cars got faster, better quality, less maneuverable. It's simply harder to dodge any slower car standing still on the fast lane.' Jennie Gow explained. 'The FIA are working on changes to make the sport safer, and make sure the cars can go as fast as possible.'

'The Ferrari's and Zhou Guanyu are still fighting it out at the front. surprising arrivals, BOTH the haas cars are in the hunt now,

'Kevin Magnussen starting his final lap now, his performances have been a best of eleventh recently, what can he do today?' The DTS commentator said.

'Kevin now shooting away, HE'S FASTER THEN EVER! KEVIN IS ON PROVISIONAL POLE!' Crofty exclaimed excitedly.

'It reminds me of my Pole in Brazil in Formula one. One of the best days of my life, now being around that spot in an environment where weather has no effect, it's truly incredible.' Kevin Magnussen said. 'I did knew I couldn't keep this pole though, I'm simply not that quick.'

'ZHOU GUANYU, STEALS THE POLE AWAY FROM KEVIN, HE TAKES THE CHALLENGE TO SERGIO PEREZ, he's one point closer to the drivers championship!' Crofty exclaimed excitedly, jumping around in his commentators booth.

'Qualifying had concluded, Zhou P1, Kevin P2, Charles P3, and Nico Hulkenberg has given Haas their best qualifying performances sitting in P4. A truly remarkable performance in this final qualifying of the year!' The DTS commentator said excitedly.

'It's great you know.' Guenther Steiner said with a bright smile on his face. 'I didn't know my drivers wanted to surprise me in my last weekend like that, this truly gives us an advantage.'

'How did that feel, seeing your rivals do so well?' The interviewer asked Zak.

'It stinks, main thing is that Lando is okay, now we must focus on performing with our reserve driver.' Zak Brown said.

'Breaking news everyone, McLaren have been appointed Nyck de Vries by the FiA as their replacement driver for Lando Norris the rest of the weekend. This is both a chance for Mcalaren to strike back, and for Nyck to show where he is at.' The DTs commentator said.

'So, back in the chair one more time.' The interviewer said.

'Yeah, great to sit here again.' Nyck responded.

'How has your time away from Formula one been?' The interviewer asked,

'It's definitely been an adjustment, dealing with the thoughts, the rejection. Now though, I'm stronger then I've ever been. I know I have plenty of options, all I have to do is justify the hype.' Nyck de Vries said.

'Nyck de Vries coming in not only puts pressure on the drivers without a contract, it puts pressure on the driver that replaced him.' Will Buxton said.

'Daniel Ricciardo hasn't quite been able to pull together the performances Nyck was having. Daniel has now passen his teammate Yuki in the standings but he's not close to the score Nyck scored, whilst Nyck has less races with the team than Daniel has had. Daniel will need to show that even though points wise anytime is better, Daniel deserves to have a seat in the sport.' Jennie Gow said.

'This weekend can't get any crazier then this.' Will Buxton said.

'After a great qualifying session yesterday, it is now Saturday, and Saturday is sprint day! The final sprint of the year is massively important for many drivers. Can Charles stay in the hunt for the drivers championship? Will Haas score good points? Will Zhou Guanyu take advantage of his pole position? I can't wait to find out!' The DTS commentator said excitedly. 'Zhou Guanyu, starting first, he lines up in front of the launcher, what can he do today? ZHOU GUANYU, ANOTHER AMAZING RUN IN THE SPRINT! That could be the sprint win, let's see what Kevin Magnussen can do from P2.'

'Here comes Kevin Magnussen... oh no, he's fumbled the ball. He has spun and is now sitting directly in the fast lane, all the other drivers will have to avoid him now.' Martin Brundle said. 'There Comes Charles, BARELY avoids the Haas and has also had a good run! He's looking good here in the sprint!'

'Now here comes Nico Hulkenberg, can he savor some points for Haas?' Crofty asked to hype up the crowd.

'Kevin's position is very dangerous. In previous races sometimes a driver would be pulled out of the way, but because Kevin wasn't upside down, they decided to leave him be.' Jennie Gow said.

'Nico Hulkenberg, launching with great speed out of the launcher. WAIT, HE'S UPSIDE DOWN!' The DTS commentator exclaimed in surprise.

The footage shows Nico's car continuing forwards upside down, right towards Kevin's stationary car. Nico has no way to stop and hits Kevin's car, going over the top of his teammates car before coming to a stop a bit further down the field.

'That is a definite red-flag for a BIG incident between the two Haas cars.

'******* ****, is he okay?' Guenther asked his race engineer.

A dramatic silence falls.

'There are certain moments where silence falls on a racetrack.' Will Buxton said seriously. 'And you know, what that means.'

'He went front first at a still very high speed, against another car which was standing still. It's nightmare fuel.' Jennie Gow said.

'Nico, Are you okay, are you okay Nico?' Nico's race engineer asked.

'Ahhhggggg, ****.' Nico responded.

'Are you okay?'

'As far as can be, I think everything is still there.' Nico responded.

'Alr, Marshall's will get you out of there shortly.' His race engineer said to try and calm the driver down.

'The Halo was brought in for a reason, this is exactly one of the instances. If this had happened before the Halo, Nico would've suffered a car to the head. The Halo also helped to get the car over the other car instead of stopping instantly, this also reduced risk of injury, for both drivers. Nico is not driving the rest of the weekend, but this could've been a career ending injury. Nico is incredibly lucky to come out of that one okay.'

'Kevin has also got out of his car to make sure his teammate is okay, that will disqualify him for the sprint too.'

'Sometimes it's more important to make sure people are okay then being part of a race. People say I only did it because I was out of the points, but those are the people who don't understand the risks that this sport brings. Above fierce rivals, we are family.' Kevin Magnussen stated.

'It's a ******* disaster, Nico was our best chance, we need a miracle now.' Guenther Steiner stated

'Guenther's shouldn't give up hope yet though because the FIA have assigned Mick Schumacher to be Nico's replacement driver. Mick has won a race earlier this season and he still has a partly plastic car.' Will Buxton said.

'All the other drivers are now ready to go, these events are not supposed to take long, now some drivers are waiting on track, and many other still have to go.' The DTS commentator said.

'Conclusion, I should stop saying a weekend can't get any crazier.' Will Buxton said.

'After a lengthy red flag, both Nico and Kevin are off the track and the sprint is ready to continue!' Crofty said.

'It's weird, seeing such a big crash, and then continuing like nothing happens. You have to adjust your mindset, put your head back in the game, and go.' Sergio Perez said.

'Nyck de Vries up next, he's off, and he's spun. Not a great reintroduction to Formula one isn't it.' Crofty noticed.

'The car I drive with with Alfa Tauri wasn't available, so my sponsor gave me a slightly different one, it was more slippery then I imagines, it didn't really help.' Nyck explained.

'Daniel, coming from P13, comes home to take a point finishing P8, that will sting for Nyck de Vries.' The DTs commentator said.

'Zhou Guanyu, WINS THE SPRINT RACE ONCE AGAIN! Crucially, Charles finishes second and Carlos Sainz comes home P4. Valterri comes hom P11, far outside the sprint points. This puts Ferrari ahead of Alfa Romeo in the constructors championship!'

'Yes! Let's go guys! That's awesome!' Charles celebrated.

'Charles can celebrate about his sprint podium and advantage in the constructors, but with Sergio limiting the damage in P6, Charles is eliminated from the world driver championship hunt.'

'Of course, it was always gonna be a long shot to pull back after such a horrible mid part of the season. The comeback we had as a team in general is already amazing. This year for me personally just wasn't meant to be. I'm happy, I have the most race wins of anyone this season, constructors wise we now have the advantage. I'm kinda happy that I can now fully just focus on bringing home P2 in the constructors with my team, it's a release of pressure. We fight for drivers championship again next year.' Charles Leclerc said.

'Zhou Guanyu closes the gap to just two points, the race will determine who will be our drivers world champion.' Martin Brundle said excitedly.

'Zhou Guanyu, in only his second season in Formula one in general, now in with a chance of winning the biggest prize of them all. Incredible of course, but is he ready mentally?' Will Buxton asked.

'I've waited for this my entire career. Everyday you think what it would be like to be a world champion. In the end it doesn't matter what anyone feels, feelings can be proven wrong.' Zhou Guanyu said.

'The best drivers do their talking on the track.' Oscar Piastri said.

'Ladies, gentlemen, and cars. Today is the final Sunday of the 2023 Alternate Formula one world championship. It's been an absolute blast, and this race will prove to be an absolute banger to finish of the season. Which drivers will prove themselves? Which team finishes where in the constructors? And who will be crowned drivers world champion? Will Mexico celebrate their first world champion, or will China celebrate THEIR first world champion? It is all to play for in week twenty-two of the 2023 world championship.' Crofty said.

'Nawww, I'm gonna miss this season really.' Martin Brundle commented.

'Zhou Guanyu starts from the infamous race day pole position, what will it bring him today?' The DTS commentator said.

'Pole position has become quite a bad thing when it comes to the full race. For some reason, turning pole into a race win after winning the sprint something that has never happened so far. A lot of people are routing for Zhou Guanyu, but if this "tradition" keeps up, his chances of winning the championship lower a lot.' Will Buxton said. 'Take Sergio Perez, the only weekend in the entire season that he crashed at was the weekend he got pole position.'

'Zhou Guanyu starting from pole position, this must be the most nerve-wrecking position to be in isn't it.' Crofty said. 'There he goes, this is his final shot at the title, he stands in front of the launcher, what can Zhou do?'

A dramatic pause follows.

'This is the chance of a lifetime, if I eon's do it now, will I ever do it.' Zhou Guanyu said.

'It's now or never for us both.' Sergio Perez said.

'Zhou Guanyu, out of the gate. IT'S A DISASTER! ZHOU GUANYU, IN HIS FINAL SHOT FOR THE TITLE, HAS CRASHED HIS CAR, THAT IS HIS RACE AND CHQMPIONSHIP CHANCES, INTO THE BARRIERS!' Crofty exclaimed loudly in shock of what happened.

'This weekend was the erkend where outsourcing Sergio would be possible, but it's all thrown down the drain.' Martin Brundle added.

'Now though in P4, starts a character who we've seen win a race earlier this season. Mick Schumacher has good chances here.' The DtS commentator said. 'There he goes, HE'S HAS A GREAT LAUNCH! MICK SCHUMACHER NEARS A TRACK RECORD!'

'Yeah this is ridiculous!' Zak Brown exclaimed from his chair.

'Now McLaren will have to pull together a massive result to repass Haas in the constructors!' Crofty noticed.

'Okay Nyck, it's game on.' Lando's race engineer said.

'This car is unpredictable, but it's not impossible to drive. I need to deliver here for myself but also for this team.' Nyck de Vries said.

Nyck now starting from tenth place, he's had a decent launch, that's not gonna be a podium, but that is definitly gonna be points!' The DTS commentator said.

'Okay, now all we can do is pray for a good result from Oscar.' Zak told his race engineer.

'Okay Oscar, give it everything.' Oscar's race engineer said,

'I will mate, I will.' Oscar responded.

'Oscar coming from a really low position, can he make any impact? YES HE CAN! OSCAR HAS HAD THE BEST LAUNCH HE'S EVER HAD IN THIS CAR! He goes one better then Nyck de Vries!'

'Where do we stand now?' Oscar Piastri asked desperately.

'We are counting right now Oscar.' His race engineer responded.

'With Zhou Guanyu out, can Valterri carry any hope for the constructors championship?' The DTS commentator said, switching the topic.

'There goes Valterri, HE'S ALSO CRASHED. THE WAY ALFA ROMEO STARTED THE SEASON IS HOW THEY END IT, a DOUBLE DNF in race one and race 22, that will hand Ferrari second place in the constructors championship!'

'Are we good?' Charles asked.

'We are checking.' His race engineer said. 'Charles... we got P2.'

'YES, THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!' Charles Leclerc said.

'Zag goes onto the radio of bothNyck and Oscar.

'Guys, you guys have pulled together an amazing result. Sadly, we come just two points short of beating Haas. Thank you both so much for your efforts though. Couldn't be prouder of P5 and 6 after such a hard season. Wish you the best as well Piastri, was nice sharing the season with you. Nyck, thanks for filling in. Great day guys, this isn't over.'

'First Haas has to give Nico a different car because it was plastic, and now they show up with another plastic car, it wins a race and all is good. I find this to be very unfair. This ridiculous performance has cost us P9 and I am taking this to the stewards.' Zak Brown said.

'This is definitely not the last we will hear about this, Zak is not going to let this go easily.' Will Buxton said.

'Wow, what a weekend, and what a special podium for today's race. Mick Schumacher wins his second race in the sport as a reserve driver. Then we have the two best friends sharing P2 and P3. Daniel Ricciardo has grabbed P2 in a crucial weekend, showing everyone he does belong in Formula one, even with Nyck de Vries around. Max Verstappen grabs P3 and finished P5 in the championship standings. What a year it's been for Formula one, and it's Sergio's year, who becomes Mexican's first drivers world championship and shows are-Bull he's a much better driver then the team thought they signed.

'Sergio Perez, you are the world champion, the world champion! Amazing season we've had. Enjoy this!' Christian Horner told Perez over the radio.

'YEEEES YES YES YEEEEESS YEEES, WE DID IT GUYS, WE DID IT! THIS IS THE MEXICAN WAY, YES! AHHH WHO HOOO! Ahhhh. This is why we never give up guys! YES YES!' Sergio Perez said, celebrating loudly.

'Ladies and gentlemen, it's been an amazing season. It's been a crazy journey. But all journeys need an end eventually, else a champion would never be crowned. 2023 was and will always be Red-Bull year!' Crofty said excitedly. 'A strong performance from both drivers separated this team from any other team this season. Teams and drivers have tried everything, but Red-Bull have overcome all challenges this season. And with that, the 2023 season comes to an end, goodnight.'

Nyck de vries joined McLaren alongside Lando Norris for the 2024 season.

Mercedes dropped George Russell in favor of Aston Martin reserve driver Stoffel Vandoorne.

Logan filled in the empty spot at Haas and became an American driver with an American team.

Antonio Giovinazzi replaces Valterri Bottas at Alfa Romeo.

F2 and reserve driver Zane Maloney joined Oscar Piastri at the new eleventh team called Leak Less Renault.

Both Valterri and Kevin did not return to the 2024 grid.

The screen went black, but then revealed Will Buxton again.

'There is still unfinished business.' He said. 'McLaren have gone to the stewards for the unlucky end to their 2023 season, but that's not it. Multiple teams have started asking the question. What if Nyck wasn't fired from Alpha Tauri, would the constructors be Red-Bull's? Would Sergio Perez have won the drivers world championship? Multiple teams want Red-Bull to pay for this decision that has clearly worked in the favor in tooth championships. The rest is up to the FIA.'

'Are you still angry at Red Bull?' The interviewer asked.

'I think the teams are angrier then I am. I'm in my new chapter now, everything happening with Red-Bull now, is their business.' Nyck de Vries responded,

Thanks for watching, we will be back next year with a new season of DTS AU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 213 18
[ ive been thinking bout you yeah ive been missing you ] #11 under formulaone #8 under mclarenf1
453K 13.3K 66
feeling lost but i like it █ REAL LIFE+SOCIAL MEDIA, leclerc [ standalone ] ...
22.8K 84 4
❛ landonorris followed you ❜ female!oc 𝐱 lando norris (2024 season) 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 1-800-ETERNALLY [socials remake]
151K 2.5K 60
All the f1 drivers are added to a groupchat. What could go wrong? See all the shenanigans unfold and what happens when the f1 drivers end up spending...