Howling to the Heart || Isaac...

By theunseenpoet

Neriah Hale lost her family at the age of ten, leaving her in the town of Beacon Hills with no one but two bo... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
Epilogue.
Book 2 news!!

17.

193 8 0
By theunseenpoet

"Yell at me one more time from the backseat and I will crash this car!" I yelled at Scott, driving Derek's Camaro while Kate Argent followed close behind. "You're still in shit with me!"

After I talked to Stiles last night, we ended up watching Harry Potter to my surprise, but it was a good few hours. We needed the small break from the world.

But tonight, is a different story.

Derek pulled up at Stiles' house with Scott an hour ago and all he said to me was to distract Kate before throwing his keys at me and then taking off on foot.

Which is how we're here, speeding along back roads while Kate Argent following close behind and Stiles holds on for dear life in the front seat with Scott freaking out in the back.

"You should go faster is all I'm suggesting," Scott said, whipping his head around to where I could see Kate's headlights in the review mirror.

"Much faster," Stiles added, also looking back.

"Hold on," I said before changing gear and pressing my foot down on the gas as the engine revved. "I missed this," I laughed, feeling the adrenaline pump through my veins.

"You've done this before?" Scott exclaimed, grabbing the back of my headrest as I took a sharp corner, making the tires squeal.

I looked in the review mirror to see his panic filled eyes before I focused back on the road. "I had to make money somehow."

"By illegal street racing?" he shouted, hitting his head on the window was I took another corner.

"Hey, Riah," Stiles said, looking away from the backseat to me. "I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here."

"Stiles, I'm already going way over the limit and if I go any faster, I'll kill us if we crash," I said, glancing at him for a second.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!"

"Just let me drive!" I grumbled, dropping a gear again and pressing my foot all the way down, sending Stiles back into his seat and making Scott hit his head on the back window, again.

Stiles grabbed the handle above his head and the side of my seat as he looked over his shoulder. "She's gone," he said.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows and slowly releasing my foot off the gas as I looked over my shoulder to see the car gone. "Where did she go?"

I faced back to the road and Stiles pressed on his police radio. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

"We gotta go to—"

"I know!" I took a left, bringing the car up to speed again. "Stiles, get ready to climb into the backseat," I informed him, taking a right and heading straight toward the iron works.

"How the hell did you get a license?" Scott asked, moving into the seat behind Stiles.

"Because I can drive," I stated the obvious, seeing the iron works come into sight. "If I couldn't then Derek would've got one of you to drive or we would be dead by now!"

"Just stop questioning the woman!" Stiles exclaimed when I drove between buildings and pressed my foot on the breaks, stopping in between Derek and the hunters. "Get in!" he yelled at Derek, throwing the door open before climbing in the back.

Bullets fired toward Derek as he ran to the car and the second he was next to me, I slammed my foot on the gas, not even giving him time to close his door before we were already off.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" I asked my cousin, speeding out of the iron works.

Derek hit the roof of his car out of anger. "Damn it, I had him!"

"Don't hit the car," I scolded him. "She did nothing wrong to you."

He sent me a glare and then Stiles stuck his head between the seats. "Who, the Alpha?"

"Yes!" Derek shouted, looking ahead. "He was right in front of me, and the fucking police showed up."

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles said and then leant back toward the backseat at Derek's glare.

"Yeah, thanks to someone, who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state," Derek said, aiming his words at Scott.

"Can we seriously get past that?" Scott asked. "I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."

"Yeah, you really did," I grumbled, taking a sharp turn and smiling to myself as I heard Scott hit his head again. "I should drive more often."

"No!" Stiles and Scott shouted, and I rolled my eyes. Such babies.

Stiles stuck his head between the seats again. "How did you find him?" he asked Derek.

Derek looked at them and then at me, staying quiet. "If you don't trust me, then I'm highly offended," I dramatically scoffed at him.

"Yeah, all of us," Stiles jumped in, looking at Derek. I laughed as Derek sat up in his seat and Stiles quickly sat back in his seat. "Or just her. We'll be back here."

Derek shook his head and then glanced at me as I focused on the road. "Look, the last time I talked to Laura, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asked, sticking his head back between the seats with Scott.

"Why him?" Scott asked, pushing Stiles back.

"I'm not even surprised he's somehow part of this," I groaned.

"I don't know yet," Derek said.

"What's the second?" I asked, slowing the car down to the speed limit.

Derek pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, unfolding it to show a drawing of some type of logo or something. "Some kind of symbol."
Scott widened his eyes at it and Derek furrowed his brows. "What?" he asked him. "You know what this is?"

Scott tensed his jaw. "I've seen it on a necklace," he said and then hit the back of my seat. "Allison's necklace."

"Your ex-girlfriend, Allison?" I mumbled and he nodded. "I'm so sick of the Argents," I spat, pressing my foot down on the gas again.

"This is gonna be impossible, you know," Scott said, pulling open the school doors as the three of us walked in.

"Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles questioned and I sighed at his dumb question.

"How?" Scott asked, sending Stiles a dumbfound look.

"I'm losing braincells," I grumbled, slapping them both on the back of the head. "You two don't know a thing about girls."

Stiles rubbed the back of his head. "I need to start growing my hair out so that doesn't hurt so much."

"I'll only hit you harder," I snickered.

Scott waved his arms at us. "Guys, how do I ask Allison?"

"It's easy," Stiles said and I knew he was going to say something dumb. "You just say, 'Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you."

"You're not helping," Scott muttered in annoyance.

I looked up at Stiles. "Like I said, I'm losing braincells," I reminded him, and he rolled his eyes as I turned to Scott. "Why don't you just talk to her?"

"She won't talk to me," he whisper shouted. "What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?"

"That's why you ease..." Stiles came to a stop as I did, the both of us looking at a daydreaming Scott. "Dude," he said, slapping Scott on the shoulder. "That's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on her good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace."

"Isn't that like, manipulating?" I questioned, raising a brow at Stiles.

He scratched the back of his neck with a nervous laugh. "I mean, all in the name of survival?" he said but it sounded more like a question.

"You're an idiot," I mumbled, looking back to Scott who was staring into space with a smile. I slapped him on the shoulder. "You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"

"Yeah," he admitted, looking toward the ground.

"Just stay focused, okay?" I grabbed his shoulder. "Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison back."

Stiles grabbed my arm, pulling me back with him before Scott could say anything. "In that order. Got it?"

"Why do I feel like it's not going to be that easy?" I asked Stiles, turning around with him and heading to my locker.

"Because nothing is every that easy," he mumbled, running a hand over his head.

"You can't be serious," I shrieked, slapping my hand against my forehead. "If Jackson knows about me, then I'm screwed too."

"How the hell did he find out?" Stiles asked, grabbing my hand and pushing it away from my face as I walked between him and Scott.

"I have no idea," Scott exclaimed, throwing his hands down. "I don't think he knows about you," he said, looking down at me.

"All right," Stiles said. "Did he say it out loud? The word?"

"What word?" Scott asked, looking at Stiles.

"Oh my God," I grumbled. "Werewolf, Scott. Did he say, 'I know you're a werewolf'?"

"No, but he implied it pretty freaking clearly."

"Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it seems," Stiles tried. "I mean, he doesn't have any proof, right? And if he wanted to tell someone, who's gonna believe him anyway?"

"How about Allison's father?" Scott exclaimed.

Stiles cringed, slowing down his pace. "Okay, it's bad," he admitted, rubbing his head.

"I need a cure," Scott said, grabbing my shoulder. "Right now."

I pushed his hand away. "Okay, let me just howl real quick and ask the Alpha if you can kill him," I countered sarcastically.

"Does Jackson know about Allison's father?" Stiles cut in with a question.

"I don't know," Scott answered.

"Okay, where's Derek?" Stiles asked.

They both looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders. "He's hiding like we told him to. Why?"

Stiles stopped, grabbing our shoulders. "I have another idea. It's gonna take a little time and finesse, though."

"We have that game tonight," Scott reminded him. "It's quarterfinals. And it's your first game."

"Wait what?" I asked in confusion, looking at Stiles.

He nervously laughed, patting my shoulder. "I'm first line."

My jaw dropped and I stared at him in shock for a few second before squealing. "You made first line!" I cheered, not giving a damn about the heads turning toward me. "Oh my God, Stiles! Why didn't you tell me?" I pulled him into a hug, hearing him laugh. "I'm so happy for you! This is amazing!"

"I told you she would have a spaz out," Scott laughed behind us.

I pulled away, still smiling as I looked between them. "You're both playing together tonight. The other team doesn't stand a chance."

"You gonna make us signs like the other girls?" Scott asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I wasn't planning to," I admitted. "But I can after school."

Scott smiled but then Stiles shook his head, turning to him. "Hold on for a second. Do you have a plan for Allison yet?"

"She's in my next class," Scott told us.

Stiles nodded. "Get the necklace," he told him and then grabbed my hand. "We've got English Lit, but we'll regroup at lunch."

"Good luck," I said to Scott, sending him a wave. I then turned back around and slapped Stiles on the head.

"Ow!" he groaned, looking down at me. "What was that for?"

"You didn't tell me about you making first line," I scolded, narrowing my eyes at him. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to, but, uh, the whole Scott thing happened." He cringed, pulling me into class.

"Oh," I whispered. "Good point."

I took a bite into my chicken, sitting across from Scott at lunch with Stiles just joining us with his tray of food.

"Did you get her to give you the necklace?" Stiles asked him, sparing a quick smile to me.

"Not exactly," Scott said, taking a sip of his water.

"What happened?" I asked around a mouthful of chicken.

"She told me not to talk to her. At all," Scott said and I chocked on my chicken, hitting my chest. I wasn't expecting that answer.

"So she's not giving you—"

"She's not giving me the necklace!" Scott harshly cut him off, opening my water for me before placing it in my hand.

"Okay," Stiles mumbled and I gulped down half the bottle of water, feeling the chicken finally go down my throat. I'm a werewolf and I nearly died because of a damn chicken. "Well, did you find anything else out?"

"Just that I know nothing about girls, and that they're totally psychotic," Scott dramatically scoffed.

"That's offensive," I muttered, glaring at him. "Just because your heart is broken, doesn't mean all girls are psychotic."

They both raised their brows at me with a pointed look. "You broke my nose," Scott pointed out. "And you threw me into a wall."

"You're the reason I have a buzz cut," Stiles threw in.

"One," I started, pointing my chicken wing at Scott, "you deserved that broken nose and I threw you against a wall to protect him." I then pointed at Stiles. "Two, you literally burnt half my hair off with a candle! I had hair that reached my ass and now it only reaches the middle of my back!"

"How was I supposed to know you would fall asleep next to a candle?" Stiles exclaimed.

"You lit the candle next to my head after I fell asleep!"

"I thought you would get scared of the dark!" he argued, leaning back in his seat. "Sorry that I was being considerate!"

"Guys!" Scott interjected. "The necklace. Can we get back on track?"

I flipped Stiles off as he stuck his tongue out at me, turning to look at Scott. "I came up with a plan B just in case anything like this happened."

"Here we go," I mumbled.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Just steal the stupid thing."

"Couldn't we try at least getting to Harris?" Scott suggested.

"My dad put him on a twenty-four-hour protective detail," Stiles informed us, taking my water bottle. "The necklace is all we got. Steal it."

"How is he supposed to seat it?" I asked Stiles, taking another bite of my chicken. "Allison probably wears it all the time and if she doesn't, it's probably at her house. Aka, a hunter's fortress."

"Well, how do you normally steal things?" he asked, raising a brow.

"Seriously?" I deadpanned. "You're asking me—"

"Guys, he's watching us," Scott quietly cut me off.

"Who?" I asked and they both looked behind me. I turned around, spotting Jackson straight away, staring right at us. "I hate my life," I mumbled and then sent Jackson a sarcastic wave before flipping him off and turning back around.

"Somehow, he's always our biggest pain in the ass," Stiles dryly laughed.

Scott tensed up beside him, staring at the table and I knew Jackson was taunting him somehow.

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked him, obviously noticing the change in Scott.

"Jackson's talking to me," Scott said, looking at us. "He knows I can hear him." Stiles looked behind me and Scott tapped his arm. "Look at me. Just talk to me. Act normal. Pretend that nothing's happening."

Stiles looked like a gaping fish out of water, and I leaned back in my seat, focusing my hear on Jackson as he spoke to Scott from across the room.

"Are you trying to pretend not to hear me?" Jackson asked him.

"Say something," Scott urged Stiles. "Talk to me!"

Stiles waved his hands around with a worried look. "I can't think of anything. My mind's a complete blank."

I raised my brow at him. "Your mind's blank? You can't think of something to say?"

"Not under this kind of pressure," Stiles exclaimed, his voice getting higher. "FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore."

I looked over my shoulder, seeing he was right. Jackson wasn't with his group of friends.

"Where the hell is he?" Scott asked, looking around.

"Looking for me, McCall?" I heard Jackson and knew Scott did too when he froze. "I'm right here," he chuckled. "So what else can you do? Can you see better? Are you stronger, more powerful? You know, I knew there was no way you suddenly got that good at lacrosse. Which means you're actually a cheater, aren't you? I mean, can you even play lacrosse?"

"What's he saying?" Stiles asked us, bouncing his leg under the table.

"Shh!" I sent him a look. "He's riling up Scott."

"I'll bet my new co-captain's gonna score a bunch of shots tonight, aren't you? And while you're pretending you're not a lying cheat, I'm gonna ruin your life if you don't give me what I want. And you know what I'm gonna start with? Her. I'm gonna destroy any chance you have left with her. And when I'm done with that, I'm gonna get her all alone, and I'm gonna get my hands all over that tight little body."

"Scott, come on, you can't let him do this," Stiles quietly said to Scott who was gripping a water bottle like he would crush it at any second. "You can't let him have this kind of power over you. Okay?"

"I'm gonna do everything you never got the chance to do. And, Scott, she's gonna beg for more." I darted my eyes to Scott's tray that was shaking in his hold. Jackson was getting to him on a whole new level. "I bet she likes to get loud. Maybe she's even a screamer. How are you gonna feel, Scott, when she's screaming my name?"

Scott's lunch tray snapped in half and every head turned our way as the sound echoed and Stiles cringed.

I pushed back my chair, grabbing my bag. "I'm done with that jackass," I spat and stood up.

"Wait. What are you doing?" Stiles asked with wide eyes, glancing from me to Scott.

"Destroying the one thing Jackson loves," I said and then walked away, sending a smirk to Jackson who watched me from a corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 217 24
Beacon Hills. Home to all kinds of supernatural. It's been that way for decades, a safe haven. That was until an unsuspecting teenager got bit in th...
18K 583 13
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
352K 10K 29
𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...
151K 3K 27
COVER CREDITS TO JENNIE! I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE SUCH AN AMAZING COVER! IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND EXACTLY WHAT I HAD WANTED AND MORE! GO CHECK OUT HER PROF...