Suicide Squad: Save the Batma...

By gokugunslinger

(Fixing the KTJL story.) Brainiac has arrived on earth and the Justice League is not here to save the citizen... More

Note of importance
Prologue (Clown)
DAMN IT ROCKSTEADY
Prologue (Amazon)
Knightmare
Ch 1
Ch 3
Ch 4 (updated)
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10 (NOT AN APRIL FOOLS)
Doissers

Ch 2

1K 22 35
By gokugunslinger

"Mind repeating that, kid?"

He didn't know how to answer the assassin on his roof. The man was armed to the teeth in a get up he's never seen before. The man slowly walked towards him, leaving his sniper rifle as the rain poured down on them. It was a cold night and the man across from him wore the thinnest clothes possible as a red light shined from his right eye.

"I told you before man...." He did his best to intimidate the armed man despite being unarmed. "Y-you have a price on your head! Come with me......a-and you won't be harmed okay?!"

"Your not going to hit me." The other man spoke as he tried intimidating him. It nearly worked, but he needed the money, so he wasn't going to back down. The armed man chuckled as he slowly walked forward, bringing his arms up to show him the mounted guns on his arms. "I can put seven bullets between you're eyes before you even know what happened."

He quickly flicked the safety off on his gun and fired a warning shot in front of him, inches from his foot. The assassin stopped, looking down at the point of impact before chuckling.

"You were able to sneak up on me kid.....I'll give you that much." Before he could question the assassin, he quickly pointed one of his arm mounts and fired a single bullet, knocking the gun out of his hands. He gasped, falling backwards and landing on his back. The assassin laughed and made his way over to him before crouching over him and pointing his arm mount at his face. The scared man began breathing rapidly, to scared to move as the red light shined down onto his face. "But sneaking only gets you so far.....say goodnight for good—hmm?"

The assassin hummed as something caught his attention. He looked down at the man's chest where a cracked pendant laid. He reached down, keeping his gun pointed at the scared man's head. The assassin opened the pendant and peeked inside. The assassin remained quiet as he turned the pendant towards the coward.

"She yours?"

It was a picture of the man and a small girl. Both were laying in a field of leaves, red and orange and laughing nonstop. The coward nodded his head slowly, making the assassin hum before he grinned again, looking down at the man.

"Well I'll be........"

....................................

"AH!"

Deadshot awoke with a gasp as he sat up. He looked around, noticing he was in a tight space of a train car. He looked around and spotted the others sitting in different areas, King Shark and Harley in front seat as the train drove through a dark tunnel. He reached behind his neck and rubbed the small wound where the bomb was injected. Before he could speak, Boomerang woke up with a painful yelp.

"AAHH! Shit, not again!" Boomerang cursed when he woke up, seeing the others. He scratched his ear painfully as he dug around. "Did someone put somethin' in my ear?!"

"Oh relax Boomer.......it's just an earpiece!" Harley spoke up as she turned her chair around to face them, baseball bat laying across her lap. A revolver was holstered on her right thigh. "Or what I like to call them: Ear-dildos!"

"Ah, so they are awake?" King Shark spoke as he turned around and looked at the other two occupants of the train. The sight of the shark sent shivers down their spine as he smiled at them. "You are both lucky. I awoke first and debated on eating one of you....."

"Thanks for the info shark." Deadshot shook his head and placed his finger on the inside of his left ear, feeling an earpiece as well. From the feel of it, it was CIC comms. Deadshot hummed before looking down at his arms. His arm mounts were strapped on with a chain magazine leading to the pouch on his back. He looked around and noticed the others were armed as well. "Damn.....we're armed to the teeth."

"Yeah.....just like old times, right Boomer?" Harley chuckled as Boomerang flipped her off. She took out the revolver and twirled it around before holstering it again. "Wonder who we're gonna kill this time?"

The train soon came to a slow stop without anyone controlling it. The doors automatically opened, telling them to leave. They all looked at one another before getting up and exiting the train. As they got off the train they were greeted with an empty train station with a one way entrance.

"Task Force X!"

"Oh, if it isn't the fairy godmother herself!" Harley chuckled upon hearing Waller yell into her ear, the others stopping in place and grunting from the sudden noise. Harley laughed before placing a finger on her comm. "What is it Waller? We're kinda busy trying to get out."

"Listen up: you are to report at the Hall of Justice. Hurry up now!"

"Hall of Justice?" Boomerang shook his head as they continued up the stairs and towards the daylight, the first sight of freedom he's seen in a long time. Harkness laughed as the others passed him before he followed after them. "You mean the clubhouse for those four superheroes? Waller, that's all the way in—"

When they reached the exit, all of them stared in awe and confusion at what lied before them. They were in Metropolis, home town of the Justice league with buildings as tall as skyscrapers and the likes. A once colorful and wholesome city that instead of hearing the sounds of laughter and joy, was filled with sounds of gunfire and screams of terror. Cars were crashed against buildings or deserted entirely. Graffiti and burn marks stained the road beneath them and the walls of buildings that once shined like a bright beacon. What shocked them most was the corpses of soldiers that laid on the ground as well, burn marks on their backs with purple sparks remaining. Before one of them could speak they looked up upon hearing several helicopters flying above them. They followed the helicopters before spotting something huge that made their mouths drop.

A huge giant FUCKING skull was in the sky. It was metal with many tendrils coming down from it, nearly wrapping around the whole city as it's purple eyes glared down upon the city like the eye of Sauron, monitoring every movement it sees.

"OH SHIT!"

"WHAT THE FUCK!?!"

"DAMN IT!"

"I'M A SHARK!"

The four gasped before they were suddenly restrained by giant green locks, trapping their arms against their sides. They all struggled against the constructs that appeared out of nowhere before they were suddenly lifted into the air. They were lined up beside one another in the air before a green light could be seen zooming across the city, heading towards them before stopping before them. The newcomer was an African man wearing a green and black suit with what looked like energy flowing through him. On his chest was a circle with one line going across the top and another going across the bottom. His hair was cut short, making him nearly bald. What was unsettling about him, upon closer inspection, was his glowing purple eyes and the dark purple veins extending down from his eye sockets.

"LOOK!" King Shark began giggling like a child as he looked at the others. Deadshot groaned and shook his head upon seeing the man. Boomerang chuckled nervously before freezing in place. Harley was forcing a smile before looking away, trying to hide her face. King Shark, unaware of the effect the man had on the giant fish's teammates, smiled as he looked back up at the hero. "It's the mighty GREEN LANTERN! He's come to save the day!"

GREEN LANTERN: BEWARE HIS POWER!

Green lantern. The hero who could make anything he imagines as a construct. The limit is only his imagination. One of the four heroes who formed the Justice League.

"Hi, Green Lantern~ long time no see..." Harley chuckled as she looked up at the superhero. She narrowed her eyes upon seeing his face, noticing the unusual look on his face, specifically the glowing purple eyes that were normally green. "Has your face always been so........bleh?"

"Heh, I was just about to ask you the same thing Quinn. Wait.......Deadshot?" Green Lantern chuckled. His voice was distorted, chilling even. It wasn't normal and it sure as hell wasn't human. With a tug of his right hand, where a glowing ring bearing his insignia was located, Deadshot floated forward for Green Lantern to examine. Deadshot bared his teeth at the Lantern before he floated back to his comrades, the hero chuckling. "Heh, they gotta do somethin' about security at Arkham. Ah, you know what?! I'm in the middle of recon for Brainiac. Let's walk and talk!"

""WOOAH!""

The four of them yelped as Lantern flew away, the constructs making them follow him at incredible. It was like a roller coaster so to speak. Lantern suddenly came to a stop when they reached a skyscraper, letting them get a view of the city below. They could see the military engaging with some unknown enemy, shooting purple beams at the soldiers. But what was concerning was the fact the soldiers were being pushed back.

"Look at that Convicts..." Lantern spoke as he watched several helicopters get shot down by ground fire, purple in color. "Insurgents can't even touch us! Brainiac's gonna—"

"You keep saying 'Brainiac' like it's a thing." Harley choked out after they stopped, spotting several buildings on fire and watching as some helicopters crashed into some of the buildings as well. Lantern turned to face her, eyebrow raised as he hummed. "But it's.......not a thing."

"Brainiac is the one who's finally bringing order to this world. Making a new home for his people. All of this...." Lantern raised his arms and motioned towards the destruction from the alien invasion. He chuckled again. "Soon, this will all be the new planet Colu. That's been my mission for.....what, three weeks now? Well......that and securing loose meta-humans. But looking at the four of you...." Lantern shrugged his shoulders. "...I just don't see the potential. Either way, we'll put you to good use."

Lantern then flew downwards, taking the convicts with him. They flew low through the city before suddenly coming to a stop. Before them on the streets were civilians, scared and kneeling in surrender with their hands over their heads. Keeping them in line were these humanoid creatures that looked part machine and flesh, grey and purple in color with grotesque features. Their right arms were turned into what could best be described as a cannon, the interior of said cannon was purple as well, the exterior had what appeared to be spikes sticking out around the sides. They kept their cannons trained on the kneeling humans as two of the creatures searched through a fast food restaurant.

"Uuh, M-Mr Lantern , sir...." Boomerang grunted as he foolishly tried getting out of the green construct that restrained him. Lantern looked back at him as Boomerang nervously chuckled. "Y-you don't mind letting me go, right? I won't be—"

"Shhhh....." Lantern hushed the Australian with a sinister chuckle, making Boomerang gulp before he and the others were turned to face the civilians on the street. "I want you to watch this....pay attention Deadshot."

"N-NO! PLEASE NO!!!!"

The four heard a man cry out as he desperately tried running away from something out of view. One of the monsters intercepted his escape and pushed him down onto the ground. The four convicts watched as a squid like creature came into view, it's body purple and it's many tendrils grey and robotic. The four watched in horror as it latched onto the civilian's back and wrapped it's tendrils around him before it began digging into his skin. The civilian cried out in horror as the creature carved his body up and made a hole on his back before it pushed itself inside him. The civilian immediately cried out as he jerked onto his knees and his body began convulsing, his right arm expanding as metal spikes tore through his flesh and expanded his mass. His body got bigger and more muscular as his hair began falling out and his clothes began tearing up. The tendrils shot out of his body and wrapped around his limbs in a coil, going in and out of his skin. The man's body soon turned grey as he began to resemble the monsters around him. His eyes, mouth and the hollow metal that replaced his right arm began to glow violet before he gave out a monstrous roar.

"Looks bad, feels worse. But once you've been enhanced there's no going back. Ouuuuutttttssstanding!" Lantern told them before he began flying further down the city, the terrified convicts following behind him. They soon came to a slow flight when they hovered above a group of the monsters, looking down the narrow street and through windows as they slowly marched forward.

"Your......." King Shark struggled to speak as his construct felt as if it was getting smaller and tighter around him. The shark seemed to be horrified that the hero had turned evil all of a sudden, the others feeling the same terror he felt. "Your searching for stragglers! Augmenting......eh!........Brainiac's army!"

"THE SHARK GETS IT! We shipped out eight million already." Lantern turned around and floated backwards as he looked over the four. Glass was broken and the four watched a civilian run out of a building, being chased by the monsters. He called out for Green Lantern before he was shot in the back by his pursuers, falling over dead on the pavement. Lantern placed his hands on his hips before shaking his head in disappointment. "These resisters just don't respect martial law..."

Lantern then flew past the squad of monsters and further threw the city before landing on an small apartment complex. He forced the convicts to kneel before clapping his hands and turned to face the four with a smirk.

"So, who's ready to take the leap?"

"LANTERN!" Deadshot shouted as he bared his teeth once more at his captor. His attempt allowed him to shake his body left and right, but was met with utter failure. He growled again as Lantern looked down at him with a smile. "I'M GONNA PUT TWO ROUNDS IN THIS 'BRAINIAC'S' SKULL! THEN, I'M COMING FOR YOU!"

"Oh yeah?" Lantern frowned as he fully landed on the building, slowly walking towards Deadshot. He lifted his right hand, tightening Deadshot's restraints even more, making the assassin fall on his side as he held back a yell. "Maybe I'll tell Brainiac I only found three metas and one dead body that was cut to pieces—!"

Lantern was silenced as he suddenly fell to his right knee, turned towards the right now. Deadshot gasped as the restraint loosened around him. He and the others looked up and saw Lantern with a bruise on his cheek. But what caught their attention was the newcomer in red that had lightning sizzling off his armored figure, a thunderbolt insignia on his chest.  Lantern looked up at the newcomer before standing up and smirking.

FLASH: THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE!

"FLASH!" Lantern laughed as if he was greeting an old friend, ignoring Deadshot as he got back onto his knees. "Brainiac wondered how you got off the ship—"

"Speedster's secret." Flash interrupted as he stared at the man across from him. The two began to circle one another, Flash's eyes briefly glancing at the convicts. "The league doesn't leave anyone behind John." Flash spoke as he pointed a finger at his old comrade before the two stopped circling one another. "Let's make you right buddy."

"You know...." Lantern chuckled as two green constructs of giant guns manifest on either side of him. The flash squatted in the standard running position, lighting coming off him even as he remained still. "That's just what I was gonna say!"

BOOOOOOM!

The two clashed in a blink of an eye, making an explosion of red and green that blew the convicts off the building. The constructs restraining them evaporated in green particles as the force of the explosion impacted them. They landed on a smaller building below, grunting upon hitting their backs on the stone ceiling. They all held their backs or heads in pain, except for King Shark who merely let out a grunt. Harley grumbled as she slowly stood up, popping her back with a sigh as she leaned against the wall.

"WALLER!" Shark spoke as he pressed on his small comm that was sticking to the spot where an ear would be located. "We need reinforcements! You won't believe this but—"

"You painted a target on our backs, Waller!" Deadshot shouted out into his comm after he recovered, interrupting King Shark as he shouted. Boomerang grunted as he rolled off an AC unit before yelling after he landed on broken glass, desperately whipping the glass shards off him. "Green Lantern would've killed our asses if Flash didn't show up!"

"The Flash is ALIVE?! And still human?!"

"Yeah!" Harley spoke up she helped pull out some of the glass shards from boomerang's arm. "He punched Green Lantern off the roof at a million miles per hour."

"Listen, you need to bring him in!" Waller spoke up, her voice quivering as the four heard her gasp. "Your behind enemy lines in metropolis without any means of transportation, be careful."

"Sounds just like Gotham and like another suicide mission......" Harley chuckled after getting the last glass shard out of Boomerang. Without thinking twice, Harley cartwheeled off the apartment and landed on the sidewalk below. The others sighed before jumping down, King Shark catching Boomerang before putting him down. The Australian shook his head before grabbing his boomerang from it's sheath and twirled it around. "But we're not gonna last long without any fire power."

"Quinn's right." Deadshot nodded as he turned towards the others. "We gotta sneak by without being seen. Otherwise we're all dead as a doornail."

"Oh yeah, let's get right on that." Boomerang nodded his head nervously before stopping in place, his nose sniffing the air as he froze up like a deer in headlights. "Hold up now...."

The others watched in uncertainty as boomerang began taking deep inhales of air before turning around and following whatever he was smelling. Shark and Deadshot watched Boomerang with a dumbfounded look before turning towards Harley, who watched Boomerang as well before realizing the other two were staring at her. Harley frowned before shrugging her shoulders, did they expect her to know everything about her old buddy?

"Hmmm......." Boomerang hummed as he came to a stop in the middle of the open road. He sneered as he looked down at a certain spot, mumbling to himself as the others walked up to him. Boomerang smirked before putting a finger on his comm. "WALLER! We don't have to worry about the Flash."

".......explain Boomerang." Waller said in an annoyed tone, yet somewhat fearful. "Is he dead?"

"Nooooo.........BUT I know where he his!" Boomerang informed her as he began walking back and fourth, hand on his hip. "You see, as the Flash's one and only true rival out of all the baddies he's fought, I noticed something: Flash uses Coconut shampoo for whatever hair he has!"

"What the hell is he talking about?" Harley whispered to herself, but the other two turned towards her again, hoping she could answer her own question. Harley turned towards them before huffing. "Listen you two, I don't keep track of his schedule so don't think I'm insane like him!"

"I hate the smell of Coconut and Flash knows that, Waller!" Boomerang ranted as he shook from side to side, scratching his chin with the boomerang in his hand. "I swear he buys the stuff only to annoy me, but anyways—I remember that because my sense of smell is unmatched, I-unless your Superman—!"

"BOOMERANG!" Waller yelled, making the four grunt from the loud voice in their ears. She spoke again, slowly and coldly. "Explain to me how this is important?"

"Alright, alright! The reason it's important Waller......is because no matter how fast he is the smell follows him!" Boomerang shouted before bringing his foot down on the spot. The other three watched as the air beneath Boomerang's foot began to turn into waves of lighting before dispelling, revealing non other than the Flash beneath his foot. His armor was cracked and the glass visor was nearly destroyed. Boomerang laughed as he applied more pressure on the hero. "I got him Waller. Poor Flash was never hit that hard before, Lantern nearly killed the speedy little shit!"

"You have him?!"

"Huh....." Harley spoke, eyes still wide before she turned to the other two. "Don't doubt Boomerang's sense of smell....noted."

"Alright, listen up Task Force X!" Waller shouted over the comms as what sounded like relief washed over her. "There's a building several blocks down, north west of your position. My lieutenant, Rick Flag is there with armed personnel. Go there and protect the Flash! You'll see an open garage door there! Now go!"

"Hehe......" Boomerang chuckled before stepping away as King shark walked up and grabbed the Flash's leg before he began dragging him along as they made their way to safety.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The squad walked through the open shutter before it shut behind them as boomerang pressed the close button. , Shark dragged Flash as Harley and Deadshot walked past him, Boomerang walking beside the giant Shark.

"Hmm.....where is everyone?" Shark hummed as his sea blue eyes scanned the room for the A.R.G.U.S soldiers. "Where we not supposed to meet up with Waller's men?"

"They're probably further in Shark." Deadshot spoke as he started grabbing nearby chairs or brooms before he began barricading the door beside the shutter. "I wouldn't have my men near the entrance and expose our hideout."

"Hmm......" Shark hummed as he dropped Flash and began sniffing the air, his nose smelling the air. No hostiles were in the area. He turned to Deadshot before grabbing a nearby table and made his way forward. "I'll help barricade the door."

"Good idea." Deadshot said as he walked over to the small box that controlled the shutter before he began unscrewing the button that would open the thing. "Harley, find the soldiers."

"Hehehe! Best porn video I ever saw!" Harley laughed as she began walking towards the hallway. She gasped as something scared her, making her give a mean left hook to the side. She reared her hand back after the blow before noticing it was a cutout of Oswald Cobblepot. Harley smirked as she grabbed the cut out and began punching it. "I'll find them soon Deadshot!"

As the others were busy barricading the door, or punching a cut out of a ganglord, Boomerang stood their with nothing to do. He looked around before his eyes fell on the unconscious Flash. He looked back up and at his teammates, who were still busy. He smirked before grabbing the Flash and pushed him up before walking towards the wall, moving the Flash in front of him before slamming him against the wall. Flash grunted as Boomerang held his throat before moving Flash around the corner and out of sight.

"You see this Flash?" Boomerang asked as he held his weapon up and near the Flash's face. The speedster could barely crack his eyes before he was slammed against the wall, earning another grunt. Boomerang leaned forward and smiled wickedly. "I spent a lot of time figuring out how I'm going to kill you with it...." Boomerang peeked over the corner, making sure the others didn't see him. He looked back at Flash and waved his boomerang around. "Your mine now! Now your in for a world of—!"

"GRR!"

Boomerang froze as he heard the Flash grunt louder. Something hit the ground, earning the Australian's attention. He looked down and saw a finger laying on the ground wearing part of a red glove. Boomerang looked at his blade, blood now running down it, before looking at the Flash's hand.....which was missing a thumb.

"Shit!" Boomerang whispered a curse. He leaned down, letting go of the Flash as he desperately tried retrieving the thumb. The Flash grunted as he nearly fell forward, but was stopped when Boomerang pushed him back up. Flash nearly fell forward again only for Boomerang to press him up against the wall and pat his chest. After he retrieved the thumb, Boomerang looked up and saw Deadshot approaching him along with King Shark and Harley, the latter leaving behind a cutout with a severed head. Boomerang began to nervously chuckle as he hid the thumb behind him. "I-OH HEY GUYS! W-WE WERE JUST HAVING A—?"

"Shush!" Deadshot spoke as he placed a finger over his lips. The Australian stopped his mumbling upon seeing the seriousness on Deadshot's face. Harley and Shark tilted their heads at one another before looking at Deadshot, who turned around and stared at the rest of the building. "Do you hear that?"

It sounded like........running?

"HELP ME!" Out of the dark came a soldier wearing the A.R.G.U.S uniform, running towards them with his rifle hanging off his side. His tone was filled with worry, catching the four off guard. "PLEASE-PLEASE HELP—GAAAAAAH?!?!?"

ZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPP!

In the blink of an eye the soldier was gone, hoisted into the dark ramparts of the building. Harley's eyes widened in disbelief and Boomerang felt like he was delusional upon hearing the sound. The only two that didn't know what the sound was related to was Deadshot and Shark, who blinked madly before rubbing their eyes. The soldier's screams echoed through the building as his unknown assailant did god only knows what to him. The four were frozen in silence as they subconsciously grabbed their weapons. The screaming suddenly stopped as something fell to the ground.

It was the soldier. His left arm and right leg bent in ways they weren't supposed to be. He was gasping lightly, barely alive.

SWIIIIIIIIIIISH!

Another A.R.G.U.S soldier came out of the dark, limping towards them in determination to receive help. Something then made her fall over, landing in her side as she cried behind her gas mask. Harley looked over the soldier before spotting familiar objects that pierced the soldier's armor and skin. Three familiar metal objects to be more precise. One was stuck in the Soldier's left hand, another was located on her back, the final one was located on her right knee, piercing the armor and skin as blood flowed out of the wounds.

"A....." Harley hesitantly spoke up as she looked down upon the two, severely injured soldiers. "......Are you o-kay?!"

THUD!

The four stepped away slowly as a dark figure landed between the two fallen soldiers, both whimpering intensely and damn near insanely as the lights turned red. The figure was garbed in black armor, cape, and a helmet with two horns on either side. When the figure fully stood up the four convicts spotted a familiar symbol and stepped back in fear. The only skin they could see was his mouth that was left unguarded.

The convicts, including Harley, stared at the man. Shark even stepped back, his grip on his scythes tightened as he stared at the human. The man simply looked them over without even speaking before his eyes landed on Harley. His eyes squinted as he brought up his left hand, revealing a remote and before anyone could stop him, his thumb pressed the singular button.

The lights turned off, leaving them all in the dark.

End.

Hope you enjoyed, especially Deadshot's flashback. As for why the Flash was knocked down so easily, he obviously wasn't wanting to kill Lantern, but he didn't expect to or even experience an attack from Lantern before.

Anyways, criticism is welcome.

I'm going to have a lot of fun writing the next chapter. 😈

Hope you guys have a good day/night

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 514 27
Bruce Wayne meets a mysterious girl, who comes with a lot of problems. Will these problems fade in to romance? Or turn to chaos? {Process of editing...
533K 23.4K 55
❝If you have never lost your sanity, then you have never been in love.❞ Meet Harley Quinn; She is not the Harleen she was anymore. She has changed fo...
541 14 5
In a untimely event, Bruce Wayne is dead, and with him the legend of the Batman. And because of this, Crime has increased due to no sightings of the...
2.6K 37 11
Rowan Wayne never expected her life to turn out this way. Born to the Joker under the name "Ace", she was taken into the foster care system when she...