You Are In Love

Galing kay Iforgotthtiexisted

Shubman Gill x Fem OC In the bustling world of professional sports, where triumphs and challenges intertwine... Higit pa

You Are In Love
Preface + Cast
1: The Meet Cute
3: Confessions
4: The First Date
5: Sandy's past
6:Interruptions
7: Jealousy
8: Tu Mera Favourite Hai
9: Burnt toast Sunday
10: Art Museums and Ice cream
11: The moment I knew
12: Fearless

2: Coffee at midnight

234 21 123
Galing kay Iforgotthtiexisted

Small talk, he drives
Coffee at midnight

Our shoulders brush
No proof , one touch

CHAPTER 2: COFFEE AT MIDNIGHT

SANIA'S POV:

I reached the my room and to my surprise none of my luggage was here yet. I'm so tired all I wanted to do was change into my pjs and crash but now a trip to the reception I guess.

"What do you mean they left my luggage in the UK!? It's not my business that their cargo was overloaded, I literally paid weeks in advance for this!" I almost screamed at receptionist. The shipped company had messed up and now it would take at least 2 weeks before I could get my stuff. I had barely processed this when my phone rang, it was unknown number.

An automated voice said, "Good Evening Ms. Sania Sharma, This message from xxxx bank. This call is to inform you that without the legal documents of your London bank account we cannot authorise use of your net banking or cards in India. Kindly submit those documents ASAP to conduct further transactions. Have a good night."
Documents, the ones in my luggage back in UK!

Oh hell no! This cannot be happening how am I supposed to go by without a single thing or money. I was on the literally on the verge of tears when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

SHUBMAN'S POV:

I was walking back to to room when I saw Sania at the reception. I decided to man up and tell that I really enjoyed our chat.
"Hey Sania!"
Uhmmm why is she not responding? is she ignoring me? Am I being creepy?

I gently tapped her shoulder and quickly looked back, she looked different, really stressed and her face looked like she'd cry any second.
" Sania, hey, is everything okay?"
"Oh Shubman Hi, ofc yeah what's up?"

"I can tell something is wrong, tell me come on I promise I'm not the one to judge someone."

She hesitated for a second and then said, "It's just that umm....my shipping company messed up so now I'm in a new country without a single thing of mine or money and it's just that everything is going wrong Shubman, I don't how to handle all of this and I feel so alone-"
Oh no she's is crying now, I can't imagine how she feels but she is going through a hard time , let me try and help at least

" hey hey calm down, don't cry dude I'm sure we can figure it out, you can ask the BCCI authorities for help, it will be okay Sania." I interrupted her rant by saying this

" since sleep is far for you anyway, up for a coffee?" I asked her once she calmed down a little.

"Sure, let's grab one from the hotel bar."

"No yarr, their coffee is mediocre at best. I know a much better idea, I will introduce you to the best coffee in Mumbai. It's a little far from here but I'm positive that a long drive in my Audi can distract you from your world of problems."

"Stop flexing gill, I know you're rich and thanks for the offer but you don't have to do that. I will be fine Shubman."

" It's not a issue trust me, plus I cannot handle seeing pretty women in distress." I decided to crack a flirty joke

" you think I'm pretty now, do ya?" She decided to carry on with the flirting

I smirked, "Well I don't drive around just anyone in my Audi like that."

SANIA'S POV:

I cannot believe he is willing to all this for someone he is just met
He is attractive, kind and owns this godamn lovely car - he really is the full deal!

I gazed in his direction as he drove, I couldn't help but admire him - his fine body and pure soul.
"Thankyou Shub! You going out of your way to comfort me means a lot" I said

"On Nickname basis now, are we?"

"Well your reward for doing this is my friendship, and I give nicknames to all my friends. You can also call me Sandy now."
Was a little to bold, hope I don't come off as I clingy and weird. I really shouldn't have, stupid move Sandy!!

"It's a pleasure to be your friend, but I'm not calling you Sandy. I will give you a nickname only I can call you by."

I could feel my cheeks turn crimson as he said this, instead of reacting I just raised the volume of music.

"OMG! They are playing Tay Tay on the radio!" I exclaimed and then lost all shame and civility as I belted the lyrics. To my utter surprise, Shubman wasn't even fazed by behaviour. He joined in with the same energy.
He is a swiftie is too! This boy is walking green flag Sandy!

SHUBMAN'S POV:

I was poison ivy but now I'm your daisy..... "Daisy!" I exclaimed as the lyrics played

"Sorry, what I couldn't catch that."

"Daisy will be my nickname for you Sandy."

"Well I'm extremely flattered to be your daisy Shub!" She said with a soft smile. My daisy huh? Even though she mostly said it for the context of the song, I felt a blush rise up my cheeks.

We reached my favourite cafe in Mumbai and being a true gentleman I decided to open the door for Sania. She looked at me with those pretty eyes as she got up and our shoulders brushed.
Her black dress against my shirt, everything about us, it feels perfect.

" this place look so beautiful" she said snapping me out of thoughts

" yeah it's really peaceful here, and they make some amazing coffee." I said as we headed in

SANIA'S POV:

Shub was getting our order and to distract my mind from having weirdly inappropriate thoughts him I decided to do an IG post

sandy.shah has posted!!

liked by shubmangill, Rohit.sharma,
anushkasharma, maitreramakrishnan,
virat.kohli and 25,877 others

🌼✨💛
Pc: a fellow a swiftie

12,018 comments
shubmangill: It's giving reputation- don't blame me vibes
maitreramakrishnan: late night drives, damn daisy 🌼
user1: wait shubman listens to TS!!
user2: she looks so gorgeous.
anushkasharma: out and around town looking stunning Sandy! 🦋💙
user3: why is Shubman giving so much attention to this girl, is she his new one?
user4: reporter ki salary pe ye car!?
rohitsharma: looking good Sandy, let's catch up soon!
dylanobrien: Sandy, this post reminds me of the our coffee at midnight time!! 🤍
user5: Omg she looks so cute and hot at the same time.
ishankishan: nice car Sandy, anything I should know about priytame ;)) ?

"As a fellow swiftie, it's giving don't blame me" he said as he walked over with out coffees

" why thank you kind sir, you are very quick indeed."

"Being online is my duty for when a certain daisy posts. Also you gotta tell Maitre that 'daisy' is reserved for me"

" why Shub, possessive much?"

We engaged in lively conversation and friendly banter. Shub even said thank you to me for making him feel comfortable throughout the Interview. We talked about work, told him how I excited I'm to see Virat bhai again and just life in general. How can he so prefect?

Shubman's phone rang - " ya Ishu nothing has happened, don't worry. Just out for a coffee. No I'm not alone Sania hai sath me"
"Shubman it's 2A.M. We should head back." I said as I realised what time it was

We reached the hotel and I was getting out when Shubman said, " I had really good time, I hope we can do this again"

"Me too, We are friends now shub we are definitely hanging out together again!"

"Alright then, Goodnight my Daisy!"

His words sent chills down my spine, what is this man doing to me?!

I finally decided to end my day. I changed into hotel pajamas and lay on my bed and saw a text from Virat Bhai

Virat Bhai: Hey Sandy! So about tomorrows Lunch plan actually some of the boys found out and now they wanna join too, is that okay?

Sandy: Of course it's fine bhai, it will help me get to know them better anyway.

Virat Bhai: alright then, I can't wait to see you tomorrow but please sleep now Sandy, it's quite late.

Sandy: Me too bhai, goodnight!

A/N:
Thats a wrap for chapter two! So things just flirty between the two now.
And flirty banter is one of my favourite things to read and write ;)
To everyone reading, I hope you enjoyed. Hit me up if you got any suggestions and show this book some love if you can.
And to everyone who is showering this book with love, you are so sweet and you keep me going ♥️

Btw credit to sonaakshiee , the idea for a nickname based of a flower was inspired by her work.

Until next time
Vivv.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

27.4K 1.4K 25
Tied in a Knot. Bonded with Love. Shubman Gill X Vaishnavi Salian
11K 533 13
Book Dedication:- In honor of those who believe that cricket not only unites teams but can also bring hearts together in unexpected ways. ...
20.2K 1K 12
What happened when the two bestfriends of the Indian cricket team realise that there might be something more to their friendship?
14.9K 486 29
a cute love story between childhood friends who hate each other. but faith has something different from them. a Punjabi munda who wants to become a c...