seven souls seven sins

By avstroscomet

not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia b... More

characters & aesthetics
house aesthetics
chapter 1: finished history
chapter 2: my life the old life
chapter 3: new changes
chapter 4: tears and tension
chapter 5: broken bones
chapter 6: morning person
chapter 7: breakfast is served
chapter 8: household rules
chapter 9: slow start
chapter 10: reunited again
chapter 11: chit chat
chapter 12: waterfalls and waterworks
chapter 13: life of guilt
chapter 14: little sister
chapter 15: bags in hand
chapter 16: long week
chapter 17: eat up buttercup
chapter 18: better again
chapter 19: icecream parlour
chapter 20: happy hour
chapter 21: spy in disguise
chapter 22: surprises oh surprises
chapter 23: former fun
chapter 24: family feud
chapter 25: unexpected amends
chapter 27: the new girl
chapter 28: mr. mysterious
playlist
chapter 29: there for you
chapter 30: caught red handed
chapter 31: blood bound
chapter 32: double trouble
chapter 33: time is ticking
chapter 34: sick day
chapter 35: take it easy
chapter 36: deal breaker
chapter 37: passenger princess
chapter 38: no way jose
chapter 39: long gone
chapter 40: not today nat
chapter 41: high five friday
chapter 42: fist to face
chapter 43: outburst starburst
chapter 44: changing rooms

chapter 26: back to school

531 10 5
By avstroscomet

Natasha's pov:

I wake up with the light glaring through my window. I squint my eyes to limit the amount of sunlight peeking into my cornea. The past two days were a blur. I spent most of the weekend with my biological brothers. I had to give it to them, they were gas. I actually enjoyed the time I spent with them over the weekend.

Most of them actually made me feel happier, even Vincent.

After the incident with Xander on Friday, he seemed off. He was more distant to me than on Friday night. Anything he spoke to me was in a nonchalant tone. He didn't use vulgar words against me anymore but the attitude was there. I'll take any progress over nothing.

Even if it was slow, it was still there.

I've gotten closer with my biological brothers over the weekend and it feels good. I might have a sense of belonging here. I peer over towards my alarm clock which reads 6:30 am. Rise and shine. Although it's the 23rd of January, the weather in Brazil is scorching hot. I'm sweating 90% of the time.

On the contrary, I have gained a stunning sun-kissed tan.

I unwillingly step out of my comfortable bed and slide on my fluffy slippers. I make my way towards my bathroom, take a quick cold shower and apply my spf. Factor 50. Even though my mother wasn't very verbal, she did ingrain into my brain the fact that you will get wrinkles if you don't apply sunscreen.

It has stayed in my mind for years, I don't think I could forget it even if I could.

After I apply my skincare and sunscreen, I make my way to my wardrobe and find where the uniform was. I already bought the uniform with Xavier and Xander on our way out last Thursday. A navy coloured blazer with a white collared shirt. A red and blue necktie with a plaid skirt. The blazer has two golden buttons and two pockets.

The skirt is a bit long so I roll it up mid-thigh. Should be good enough. I hide my spare knife in my blazer pocket incase of trouble. You never know what happens in Brazil. I grab my empty school bag from the floor and pick out a pair of black Prada loafers to wear with my white socks.

I quickly open my work laptop situated on my desk and type out a quick notification that I wont be available from 9am-5pm. I shut my silver laptop close and swing my backpack over one shoulder. I check the time on my phone which is 7:10am. Bingo right on time, perfect. I leave my room and head downstairs to where I spot Adrien behind the breakfast bar preparing breakfast.

My mouth was practically already watering when I smelt the aroma.

I greet him happily "Morning Adri." He greets me back with the same enthusiasm "Morning Tash. You're up early aren'tcha?" I sit down on one of the bar stools and answer him sweetly "The excitement is keeping me up." He places a plate of raspberry waffles drenched in maple syrup infront of me and says "Eat up." with a wide smile.

"Looks delicious." I compliment him.

I think we could all agree that Adrien was the chef of the household. He is crazy talented in his culinary skills and should use them more often. "On the topic of school, when does it start? I don't want to be late on my first day." I ask Adrien. He replies with a small chuckle "Do you seriously think that you're going to walk to school?" I confusingly raise an eyebrow "Am I not?"

"Of course not silly. Xavier and Xander will drop you too." He lets out a little chuckle at my stupidity.

"Oh thank you! Do you happen to know when we would be leaving?" I ask again wanting to be as punctual as ever. "Not for around the next 50 minutes or so. The drive to school is 30 minutes and you'll have twenty minutes to get prepared for your classes which start at 8:50am." Oh damn. I am up really early.

Schools in Brazil are so nice, in the UK we start at 8 on the dot.

"Will I be walking home or will I be with Xavier and Xander too?" I ask inquisitively. "Actually, Chase volunteered to collect you from school today." Adrien mentions with a smile. "What about the twins? Will they have to walk? That doesn't seem very fair to me." Adrien chuckled at my overthinking and my outright concern for the twins.

What can I say? I didn't want them to receive unfair treatment, after all this is their home.

"No aha, they have football training on Mondays and Wednesdays and won't come home till 18:00." I nod my head to show that I understand. Adrien then proceeds to ask me "Do you wish to partake in any extracurricular activities?" "It depends." I begin. " I want to spend my spare time on my work but if the school has a track and field department, I would like to possibly check it out."

Adrien says that it is a great opportunity for me and that I should give it a go.

I might.

I have time to kill so I might aswell just chill here with Adrien. I have actually gotten used to conversing with my biological brothers. They make me feel respected and an actual human being. I then remember that I would be meeting Flynn today. After our argument earlier, I just want to apologise to him. I couldn't stand not taking to him during the weekend.

I want to remind him how appreciative I am to him and that he's one of the few people that I love like a family.

I brush my thoughts aside when I spot the Chase and Leo coming through the door. "Morning Tash!" They both greet me at the same time. "Morning!" I reply back. Chase then asks me "You excited irmã bonita (pretty sister)?" I smile at the adorable nickname that we've developed over the weekend.

I actually find it thoughtful of them to have one for me.

"I am actually." I flick him a little smile whilst he returns the gesture with a little wink. Over the course of the next few minutes the rest of my biological brothers come downstairs, Xander being the last one as usual. Everyone greets me and I politely greet them back.

I check my watch which reads "7:58am" Vincent clears his throat and mentions "Alright kiddos, time to go." The twins shove their clean plates onto the counter and begin to make their way towards the entrance. My gaze switches to the half eaten waffle and I shove the plate towards the centre of the counter and hop off the stool.

"Thanks for breakfast Adri!" I thank him whilst walking out the room.

I was halfway out the door when I hear Leo shout my name. I turn around to see Vincent, Adrien, Leo and Chase with their arms folded. "Am I in trouble?" I ask confusingly. "Your skirt." Chase points out. I look down and I find my skirt looking the same as it was this morning.

"What's the problem?" I ask again more confused than before.

Adrien flicks another glance towards my skirt trying to get me to understand. Whilst I am utterly puzzled. "TASH! HURRY UP!" I hear Xavier shout from the garage. Ugh! These brothers are going to make me late for my first day. This seriously can't be happening all because of a skirt.

"I have to go, can this wait?" I ask hurriedly the four boys in front of me.

Their brows furrow further than me than before. The back of my neck is starting to hurt from having to look up at them for so long. Vincent finally speaks "Why is your skirt so high up?" What the hell? "Pardon?" I ask him in disbelief. Leo repeats the sentence this time "Why is your skirt so high up?"

I'm appalled to say the least. Why were they looking there in the first place?

"My skirt?" I point down. They all nod. "Roll. It. Down." Chase demands through his clenched jaw. "I'm good." I rep,y with a smirk. "Roll it down now Tash, you don't want to be late to your first day right?" Adrien asks me in a softer tone compared to the rest. "I don't. Which is why I'll roll it down for you now, then once I reach the school compounds, I'll roll it back up."

I flick them a small smile before exiting the room.

As I walk towards the garage, I hear their shouts consisting of my name which I deliberately choose to ignore. I find Xander's black G-Wagon and hop into the back seat. "You're late" Xander grumbles. "It wasn't my fault!" I defend myself. "Yea, yea." He mocks whilst pulling out of the drive way and onto the road.

"She said it wasn't her fault alright?" Xavier defends me too.

"Whatever." Xander mumbles and hits harder in the speed pedal. We were around 10 minutes into our drive which mainly consisted of Xavier chatting to me about him being the co-captain of the football team. The other captain being his enemy, Nico.

Apparently Nico's family and my biological family have a very complicated history with one another.

Xavier warns me "Irmã bonita, please listen when we tell you to not speak to him. He's nothing but trouble and is dangerous." A little idea pops into my head to make Xavier angry. "Well, what if I'm into dangerous lads who do nothing but trouble." I let out a wide smirk.

Xavier turns around and looks me dead in the eye. "The day you date him, the day I'm dead." I roll my eyes at his overprotectiveness and look out the window for majority of the journey. We were around a ten minute drive away from Xander pulls up to the curb. I look at him funny because why did we stop in the middle of nowhere?

"Get out." Xander says.

"Wait what?" I scoff thinking he's joking. "Get the fuck out of my car." He growls louder whilst his grip on the steering wheel tightens. The whole atmosphere in the car shifts. "What the fuck man?" Xavier interrupts and shoves Xander's shoulder roughly. "Get the fuck out of my car." Xander repeats again for the second time.

Huh? On Friday I thought our relationship was progressing, I guess he doesn't think the same way.

"I begin to open the door whilst Xavier yells at his twin. "Oh and Natasha," Xander begins. "Don't you dare think that you get to share our surname. You will address yourself as Natasha Clark. If I find out that you haven't, there will be consequences. You don't deserve to use the family title, as you aren't apart of it." Xander finalised.

My jaw was dropped to the floor before I picked it up again.

"I don't want to be apart of your so-called family anyways!" I shout as retaliation. In the back of my ear I hear Xavier yelling at Xander to stop but I phase him out. I slam the door and watch his truck drive away into the horizon. Xander is going to be the death of me one of these days. I take out my phone from my blazer pocket and google map search for my school.

Just great. A twenty minute walk.

I was bound to be late for my first class now, and it wasn't even my fault this time.

Author's pov:

Hey everyone! Hope you liked the start to the school setting this chapter! The next chapter will be posted shortly too. Apologies for the minuscule chapter but I wanted this chapter to be her morning experience only.

AHHH!! We reached 1,000 reads!! You all have fulfilled an incredible milestone within this book and I'm so proud of all of you. You all are amazing stars and keep doing what you're doing! :)

What are your thoughts on Xander at the moment?

What do we suspect about Nico?

Word count: 2000

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 58K 35
6 older overprotective brothers. No parents. First year of high school that more than half her brothers go to. What can go wrong? Especially when sh...
211K 4K 35
||Completed Story|| Amara D'Angelo. A strong and beautiful girl. With not many weaknesses, not much can break her. Untill the moment when her mom did...
19.9K 794 19
Ava is a chubby, lovely and bold girl who lives with her bestfriends. She lost her mom when she was small and she lived with her bestfriends ever sin...
1.8M 45.5K 64
What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated from one another. When the father receive...