New York To Los Angeles

By Hidden_shadows98

A surprise move from her home city of New York, to Los Angeles has Amelia in a whirlwind of emotions. But it... More

Chapter 1- New York To Los Angeles
Chapter 2- Los Angeles at last
Chapter 3- Sleepover and Pranks?
Chapter 4- A Game Of Soccer Anyone?
Chapter 5 - First Day Of School Joy!
Chapter 6 - The Diner and Bella
Chapter 7- Midnight Misfits and The Carters
Chapter 8- Dodgeball and Bonding?
Chapter 9- What You Aren't A Fan Of 1D? ;)
Chapter 10- The Drama has only just begun....
Chapter 12 - Chase finds a girl and Alex throws a fit
Chapter 13 - I Ditch School
Chapter 14 -Secrets...How Stupid Could I Have Been?
Chapter 15- Screw My Hardened Heart!
Chapter 16 - An Afternoon With The Player
Chapter 17- The She-Devil Has A Little Sister?
Chapter 18 - Sasha's Point Of View
Chapter 19 - Soccer Season & Sasha
Chapter 20 - A Party With A Side Of Drama
Authors note
Chapter 21 - Confusion, Jealousy and Reese
Chapter 22 - Music And A Whole Lot Of Awkward
Chapter 23 - Just A Kiss Goodnight
Chapter 24 - Like You Never Existed
Chapter 25 - Christmas And Unwanted Guests
Chapter 26 - Jake's POV
Chapter 27- A Heated Apology
Chapter 28 - The First Date
Chapter 29 - Love Is In The Air
Chapter 30 - 'These Words'
Epilogue - Part one
Epilogue - Part two
Epilogue - The End

Chapter 11- WestOak gains an Oompa Loompa

4.2K 122 25
By Hidden_shadows98

Okay so i have no idea how a tanning place is meant to look like so I'm purely guessing! And I'll apologise now for the suckiness of this chapter. Thank you for everyone who has read up till this part i know my story isn't the easiest to read it definitely needs an huge improvement!

*************************************************************************************************************

After a five minute discussion the six of us had come up with a game plan. Bridget, Danielle and I would be entering the tanning shop named 'Sunkissed' while the others stand outside and film her reaction.

As we walk into the shop I take a look around, the reception desk was at the far end of the shop which was an advantage for me. Danielle and Bridget walked up the desk while I walked over to the door on the right labelled 'ladies'. I entered a sort of hallway lined with tanning booths on the left side and changing rooms on the other. I had only made a few steps in when I saw one of the changing room curtains open and Sasha coming out: I quickly hopped into the nearest available changing room and watched which booth she went in.

I look around for any witnesses before walking up to the booth Sasha had entered. "Now to get this show on the road" I whisper peering at the control panel. My heart thudded, my palms went sweaty this was the ultimate revenge on someone who cared so much about her looks.

It actually wasn't a very tricky process, I notice Sasha had chosen a very light tan and me being me decided I should give her some 'fashion advice'. I quickly programmed the booth to shoot out 'Roasted Cashew' let's hope the tan looks as horrible as the name sounds! I sneak back out before anyone can see me and stroll back to my friends noticing Danielle and Bridget had made it back before me.

"Did you do it?" Hailey asked me.

"Yep! And I can promise you this will be a makeover you'll remember" I smile real wide just imagining the look on Sasha's face. It didn't take long though, before I got to see the real thing. Out came Sasha wearing a white robe which did nothing to hide the hideous orange tan on her face.

Her screeching was so loud I could hear it from where I was standing. "What do you mean it will last TWO WEEKS!!!!" The girls and I erupted into laughter, oh wow two weeks of seeing Sasha with that ridiculous tan is going to be fun!

"I am NEVER coming back to this place again! How hard is it to get a light tan?!" with that she stormed off, I felt sorry for the poor shop assistant who she was yelling at.

After that little tantrum we decided to call it a day and to go back home, well all except for Hailey and Courtney who will be staying over at my house. Courtney drove me home so that Hailey could go home and get her stuff; seeing as her invite was last minute.

"So..Hailey told me about the fight with Julia. You okay?" Courtney asked in a concerned tone.

"Yeah it was probably a one off thing. She can be pretty moody when she wants to be." I smile though I didn't believe a word I just said.

"Don't you think it will be a bit awkward having Hailey and Chase in the same house? After he played her?"

"I didn't really think about that but I'm sure Chase will stay away" I mutter. About five minutes later we reached my home, I waited for Courtney to get her bags before we walked inside.

"Chase!" I shouted placing my keys on the hallway table.

"In here!" I followed the sound of laughter to the second living room that Chase and I have claimed as ours to hangout in. Inside I found Chase, Jake and two other senior guys. One of them had black hair with grey eyes and the other one had blond hair and brown eyes.

"Mia this is Dan and Mike. Dan, Mike my little sis Amelia" Chase introduced as. Dan had the grey eyes while Mike had the brown.

"Hey guys! Anyway........Chase fair warning I have friends over so don't annoy me"

He nodded before smirking, looking over my shoulder at Courtney briefly. "Are any of them hot?"

I clench my fists, scowling "That is disturbing! Hands off my friends! You don't see me drooling over yours! Oh and yeah they're real hot, but you should know that already, seeing as you played her just this week!" I snap punching his arm.

"Ow! I was joking! And don't you dare hook up with a senior! Wait a minute- Hailey will be staying over?!" he asks his eyes practically bulging out.

"Yes and Courtney" I mutter amused.

"The Hailey?" he repeats.

"Yes the Hailey, the very Hailey Storm who slapped you. The same Hailey that is my soccer captian-" I start but he interupts.

"Okay, okay I get it jeesh" he mutters rubbing his sore arm.

'Well see you guys later" I smile and turn around to walk out.

"Hey Johnson! That Layla is pretty hot do you think she'll go for me?" Jake asks in a teasing tone.

"What's he on about?" Courtney asks me. I stop turning around to face him "Depends on how low her standards are....But if you go for her, Hailey will kill you"

"It's okay to be jealous babe" he says annoying me. I stiffen and turn my glare to him only slightly aware of the snickers coming from everyone in the room.

"You know Carter it amazes me how big your ego is! Luckily I have the perfect antidote" I say grinning widely.

"What would that be?" He askes suspiciously and he had every right to be.

"Why the video Aidan and Rebecca took of your reaction yesterday of course! I have a copy right here" I taunt bring out my phone.

"You wouldn't!" I notice how Dan and Mike look confused and smile at them .

"Oh but I would. You see today I just carried out my revenge on Sasha for the prank she pulled. So you can tell I'm not in a merciful mood" I reply snickering with Courtney at the reminder of my revenge.

"Okay I get it. But you know you getting bossy only makes me want you" he says cheekily gaining a glare from my brother while the other two boys laugh.

"Dude I wouldn't say that with Chase in the room" Dan says.

"He's right Jake. Might want to keep those thoughts to yourself Carter before Chase loses his self control" I smirk slightly and walk away with Courtney. I only made it to the doorway before he calls out after me.

"Doesn't mean I won't think them Angel!" he shouts making me laugh slightly and Chase to mutter curses under his breath.

"Man you and Jake huh? Pretty intense flirting there" Courtney teases as I stared at her shocked.

"That was not flirting!" I manage to say as we sat on my bed.

"Ah huh and Daniel's not my twin" she replies sarcastically. I was about to reply but got cut off by the doorbell. I give Courtney a look thats says 'this is not over' before walking downstairs.

"Hey Hailey" I greet letting her in.

"Hi. Hope I didn't take too long" she asks as I lead her to my bedroom.

"Nope you're right on time" when I walk back in I notice Courtney was out on the balcony looking out.

"Nice room" Hailey compliments looking around.

"Thanks" I look around the room myself noticing how much it changed after I moved in. The walls were still a light purple but I had painted the words 'Live, Laugh, Love' in white above my bed on the left wall. On the right side of my bed was a dark wood bedside table, with a lamp on top. On the other side of my bed next to the glass doors leading to the balcony was my newly bought bookshelf, which held all my favourite books. On the right hand side of my room was window that looked out into Jake's room, underneath it was my new table. The table was a similar coulour to my bedside table and held my laptop and homework. On the opposite wall to the glass doors was my bathroom and walk in wardrobe.

"Hey Hailey you missed the show" Courtney says after finally noticing our arrival.

"What show?" she asks confused looking at me for answers, heck if I know so I just simply shrug.

"Oh.....just Amelia and Jake having their usual banter that's all. It was so cute!" she gushed while I frown.

"We do not ba-" I start to say only to get cut off.

"Yeah! I've seen them arguing before. Just today he had her up against my car, talk about chemistry!" Hailey chirps smirking in my direction.

"There's no chemi-"

"Aww they would make such a cute couple"

"Definitely would no-" I huff as they ignore me again.

"Yep! If only he wasn't a player" at this both girls sigh.

"GUYS! There is no cute couple, bantering or chemistry going on here!" I shout annoyed.

"Sure there isn't!" they both respond sarcastically.

"Are you guys just going to tease me the whole day?" I ask frowning.

"As fun as that would be........I have a better idea" Courtney says practically bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Okay.. and that is?" I asked.

"Bowling! I mean it is a school night so there's not much we can do, but bowling sounds fun right?" she asked with such a hopeful expression she looked like a little kid.

"Sounds fun to me. But there's only three of us a bit boring don't you think?" I asked suddenly wary at the look of mischief on Courtney's face.

"Easily solved, but first are you in Hailey?" as soon as Hailey nodded, she was off, dragging the both of us downstairs and to where the boys were. They all looked up as we came in tearing their eyes away from one of the crappiest reality TV shows I've ever seen.

"The real housewives of beverly hills guys? Really were you that bored?" I asked trying to contain my giggle as they all looked away embarassed.

"What do you want Mia?" Chase asked I shrugged and pointed to Courtney.

"We were going to ask whether you wanted to come bowling with us, you know the sport but I can see we interrupted real quality TV time here so we'll just go" Courtney answers smirking.

"Wait! We'll come with you" Jake quickly answers running up to us the other three boys quickly following.

"Okay meet you at the bowling alley then" Hailey answers dragging Courtney and I to her car as the boys hopped into Jake's.

Around half an hour later we were all gathered around a bowling lane picking teams, it seemed Courtney had invited Lucas to even the teams out. It was quite suspicious really, I'm sure Daniel was free tonight, oh well I'll get to the bottom of this mystery sooner or later.

"Okay so Chase, Hailey, Lucas and Courtney are in one team. Jake, Amelia, Mike and I are on the other is that alright?" Dan clarifies ,all seven of us nod and the game began.

As the game progressed I noticed how well the guys were doing, even Hailey had her fair shares of strikes. Unfortunately Courtney and I were failing, despite Mike's helpful tips.

It was Courtney's turn next and after several previous tries which ended in the bowling balls ending up in the gutter, there was a small chance of her getting a strike this time. As I sat in my seat I watch as Lucas walks up to her, helping adjust her position. His hands on her arms guiding the bowling ball. I smirked watching her cheeks flame red. Beside me Hailey I was snickering.

"Seems Courtney was hiding something from us" she muttered.

"This will be good" I chuckled. When Courtney came back I nudged her lightly "You've got some explaining to do" I wink before standing up to take my turn.

I was just about to take my turn when a warm hand landed on my arm causing me to jump. I whip my head around to see Jake standing behind me with his ever-present smirk plastered on his face.

"You're doing it wrong" he informed me, his breath hitting my face thanks to how close he was standing.

"No I'm not" I huff raising my eyebrows challengingly.

"Just bend your knees and place one foot behind the other like this" he says showing me the positon. Scowling I follow his instructions. He then comes up behind me his chest now against my back; and places his hands on my arms. I almost shivered at the feeling, I could feel his abs through the thin layer of our shirts. But I urged myself to focus, it wasn't too haIt'sIt's not like I have a hot guy helping me or anything' a voice in my head scoffs sarcastically. Jake slowly guides my arm back, making goosebumps erupt on my arms. I'm pretty sure I'm blushing right now....

"Dammit Carter! Just let her roll the ball and stop flirting with her" my brother cried out annoyed.

"Jeesh someone needs a nap" Jake mutters in my ear chuckling. I let out a small laugh shaking my head.

"Incase you haven't noticed already Chase can be a bit protective" I reply rolling my eyes.

'A bit?" Jake asks as I finally send the ball rolling.

I watch as it rolls holding my breath. YES! Strike! I jumped up and down in excitement. I spin around and hug Jake tightly a huge beam on my face, he quickly wrapped his arms around me and returned the hug.

"Well done Angel" he whispers pulling back to look me in the eyes.

"Thanks for the help" I smile in return.

"No problem" he says smiling back.

"Chemistry" Hailey coughs and I quickly tear myself away from Jake's hug instantly missing the warmth of being in his arms. What am I thinking?!!!

I glare at hailey but she just gives me an innocent smile in return. Not long after the game finished with Chase and his team losing despite the fact that Lucas helped Courtney for the rest of the night. We said goodbye to Dan, Jake and Mike outside my house.

Later on in the night when Courtney, Hailey and I were about to fall asleep I brought up the incident from earlier up.

"So you and Lucas huh?" I asked smirking from my sleeping bag, we were lying down next to each other in our own sleeping bags on my bedroom floor.

"Shut up!" Courtney retorts a blush covering her face again.

"You two would make such a cute couple!" I gush mimicking her from earlier.

"What about you and Jake then?" she asks.

"Uh-uh-uh no changing the subject I've had my fair share of teasing today" I say in a mock scolding voice, wagging my finger at her.

"I don't like him okay!" she yells.

Hailey raises an eyebrow "We never said you did" she looks at me and we both smirk.

"Courtney and Lucas sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I sing but get cut off when Courtney throws a pillow at my face.

"First comes love then comes marriage-" Hailey continues to sing but also gets cut off, this time by my stuffed teddy bear.

"HEY! No throwing stuffed teddies around they have feelings too you know?" I say pretending to be hurt and pouting. At this all of us erupt into giggles.

"Okay I like him" Courtney finally admits after we calm down.

"We know honey, we were just waiting for you to admit it" Hailey informs her. I giggle and not long after we all fall asleep.

***************************************************************************

okay please comment and thank you for nono1Dluver for comment on my last chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 151 21
Do you ever want to go into a video game, not knowing what's on the other side? Meeting iconic video game characters that you don't know of? Alex a 1...
687K 12.2K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
10.3K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
730 30 50
Addison wabash is in her senior year of high school just having fun as a teenager with her three best friends not really worried about guys. What ha...