SaiRat "Always Been You"

By QuietlyChic_

This is a story about an 18 year old aspiring doctor and a 28 year old ACP, who have built an undefined relat... More

Chapter One - A fresh Start
Chapter Two - Building Courage
Chapter Three - Troubles of the Past
Chapter Four - Mend what's Broken
Aesthetics Sai & Virat
Chapter Six - Bhabhi
Aesthetic- Samrat
Chapter Seven - Gustakh Nazron Ne
Chapter Eight - The Talk
Chapter Nine - Family Ties
Chapter Ten - Pyaar Ke Daage
Chapter Eleven - Unleashed Desire
Chapter Twelve - Family Dramas

Chapter Five - Jealousy

499 39 4
By QuietlyChic_

Would like to apologise for the delay, life just got in the way.  I will try to get better at updating, I have a clear vision of where this story will be leading and I am quite excited to pen my thoughts down. For those who took the time to comment, like/ favourite and even follow, your time and your acknowledgment is really appreciated, it makes my day a little brighter. 

I hope you all like this chapter,  I am going to slowly start integrating other characters in the story  to start building it up. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"Mujhe dance competition mein participate karne keliya choose kiya gaya hai", Sai told her Aaba, Maushi and Virat while they were seated to have their dinner.

That day after Virat dropped Sai off, she was in back to back lectures but during free period she had went to the library to study, she was so engrossed in her books that initially she didn't hear anything but then a melodious strum of guitars reached her ears, she didn't know what happened but she found herself following the music to the cafeteria where a body of students were surrounding a boy playing his guitar, it wasn't until she heard thunderous claps that she realised she had been dancing to his tune. Everyone had been so impressed with her dancing, including her principle that she got convinced to participate in the upcoming dance competition between them and a neighboring education establishment, at first Sai had declined as she didn't want any sort of interference in her studies but her principal told her it would be extra credit so she quickly agreed.

"I didn't know you dance?", Virat asked surprised, staring at her in admiration from where he was sitting opposite to her. He had been watching her every move since he picked her back up from college, even helping her and Maushi out in the kitchen, although he was mainly getting in her way and Sai couldn't stop from her face heating up each time he looked at her with that enamored expression.

"Dance, Singing and Acting. My Sai is quite talented, if she didn't want to pursue being a doctor she could have been an artist, a popular celebrity", Kamal gushed, looking at his daughter with a gleam of pride in his eyes.

"She is as beautiful as one", Virat muttered under his breath.

''Kuch kaha apne sir?" Kamal questioned smirking, hearing exactly what his senior officer said.

'Maine? Nahin toh" Virat quickly responded and then stared down at his plate of food before his guru became suspicious as to why he kept staring at his daughter. "How did you end up participating in this competition anyways?' He questioned Sai, while spooning away at his meal.

Sai who was still blushing and stealing glances at him suddenly became animated when she was recalling what happened, throwing her hands around while she was telling them the story. She made sure during her retelling of the events she didn't look towards Virat as she knew she couldn't control her blushes, if she had she would have noticed him burning up in envy every time she mentioned the boy who played the guitar, Aniket.

" ... and Aaba he won Indian Idol!", She gushed.

"Arre haan, Maine bhi dekha tha voh show, ladka bahut accha gaata hain", Usha Maushi said, backing Sai up.

"What's the big deal in that?", Virat grumbled "It's just singing"

All three of the other members of the family looked at him in surprise, and he realised his tone sounded a bit petulant, so he looked back and smiled brightly at them.

"I mean it's not as if he fought a war, you know?"

Kamal and Usha looked at each other and sniggered, understanding his jealousy , while Sai looked at Virat confused.

"You say that like, you're a good singer?"Sai jibed.

"Not only a good singer, but mein djembe bhi accha bajaata hoon, right Kamal sir?" Virat gloated, looking at her with a smug expression.

Kamal nodded his head enthusiastically, recalling the training days in the Indian Police Academy, especially the evenings when the students were allowed out camping with chaperones because those were the times Virat would always have his djembe and he would be drumming to beat of classic tune, and when he was in a extra happy mood he would honour the students and his teachers with melodious singing. Kamal could remember very clearly how crazy the girls used to get over his Sir, but Virat had only one goal in his mind then and that was graduating the academy with the highest degree, which he was very successful at.

"Right, everyone was a very big fan of your skills, especially the girls. Remember, you would come to me to complain because all your female peers kept mooning over you, always asking you out on a date, but you were to shy to either accept or decline and would run away" Kamal chuckled, and then laughed louder when he noticed 'Virat going red with embarrassment.

"Girls were crazy over him?', Sai asked teasingly, successfully hiding the tinge of jealousy she felt at the mention of other girls fawning over her Virat sir. "I have to question that Aaba, inke bekaar chehre par kaun fida hoga"

Virat glared at her angrily, "tumahre uss khet se toh behtaar dikhta hoon"

"Aniket, his name is Aniket', Sai snapped.

"Joh bhi Khet ho, usse zyaada handsome mein hoon for sure"

"Dream on, Aniket is very handsome" Sai claimed as a matter of fact.

Virat clenched his jaw and the spoon in his hand tightly hearing that, he did not like Sai talking about another man, never mind praising another man and he wasn't ashamed to admit that he was jealous. God Virat, tum eik bacche se jaal rahe ho. His consciousness snapped at him. Baccha ho yah budda, koi bhi ladka meri Sai ko impress kare mujhe pasand nahin.

"Humare Virat Sir usse zyaada handsome hain, main jaanti hoon, akhir Maine dekha hain Aniket ko", Usha Maushi claimed, serving more rice onto Virat's plate.

God bless you Usha Maushi, you are the best. Virat beamed at Maushi and happily dug into his food.

"Aap ko chashme ki zaroorat hain maushi". Sai stated sarcastically.

Virat was going to murder that Khet.

**

It had been a mentally exhausting day for Samrat, starting with his little 'spat' with his so called wife, then his heart to heart with Ashwini Kaku, after that dodging everyone's questions as to why he does not want to go for his 'honeymoon' with their maturity ki murat bahu, he finally found some time to himself where he could reflect on his conversation with Ashwini Kaku, so that was why he brought himself up to the balcony with a bottle of whiskey, his and Virats 'sanctuary' when they need to escape. He poured himself a substantial amount and sat on the sofa, laying his head back so it rested on the top of the chair, staring up at the dark sky where the moon and stars were starting to come out, it seemed so peaceful, he wished he could feel even the slightest bit of that peace.

Bringing the glass of whiskey to his lips, he took a sip of the strong liquid, welcoming the burning feeling in his throat while he recalled his talk with his Kaku this morning.

*Flash Back*

"Jee Kaku, do you need something?"Samrat asked, stopping at the top of the stairs watching his aunt walk towards him with a determined stride.

"Yes I do, and only you can help me with this," she said.

"Aapke liye kuch bhi Kaku, what is it that you need?"

"It's more what you need' She responded, placing a loving hand on his arm "And I'm going to give you part of it'

"Matlaab?' He asked, confused.

Ashwini looked around her ensuring no one was around that could listen in. "Chal mere saath, mere kamre main batt karte hai", She led him towards her room, and made sure to close the door for good measure so no one can overhear their conversation, especially Karishma, that girl had her eyes and ears everywhere, but a mouth that couldn't keep anything in.

"Kaku?" Samrat was getting more confused with his aunt's behaviour , watching her look around the hallway before closing the door to her bedroom.

She turned around after shutting the door and signaled for him to sit, he looked over towards her seating area where two armchairs were situated and a table with all sorts of knitting equipment and he sat himself in one of the chairs, gesturing for her to do the same.

"Main tujhe Virat ka saach baatana chahati hoon' She told him, once she sat down, bringing her hand up to stop his reluctance to speak about his brother. "Chup, I'm older to you in age and experience so please give me that much of respect to at least listen to what I need to say"

Properly chastised Samrat apologised, and sat quietly. Although he did not want to hear anything related to Virat, if it was his Kaku asking he would without a complaint.

"I am asking for you to listen to me without interrupting, please do this for me." , she pleaded, smiling in affection when she seen him nod his head in acceptance "I know that there is a rift in your relationship with Virat, and I am also aware that it's due to Patrelekha", She started, almost laughing at how wide his eyes had gone due to the surprise, both her idiots sons thought they can keep their differences aside for the family and no one would notice the coldness between the two bewakoof log. "Don't worry, it's just me who is aware and that's because I noticed Virat and your behaviour since your marriage.' She continued, allowing the relief to sink in before she carried on "and this is one of the reasons why I need to have this chat with you now before everyone else notices and it becomes a big family issue. Virat has told me everything from his side, that he had met Patrelekha at Nasik initially where he borrowed her power bank for the pooja and then later the yoga resort, Sunny had talked him into it being 'fated' and Virat also felt some attraction towards her, but fortunately he got called to Gadchiroli and he had to leave, Patrelekha had provided her number to Virat but he had lost it, long story short she thought he was playing with her feelings so agreed to move on with you, it wasn't until they met again during your wedding festivities they both realised what happened, it was a stupid decision on both their parts to still allow the wedding to go through without telling you, but barah, you know your Shiva he doesn't ever have ill intent, he wasn't being malicious, he just wanted your happiness and he thought your happiness would be with Patrelekha. Please talk to him, try and understand where he is coming from before you break your bond over this"

Samrat looked at his fisted hands, clenching and unclenching it while he contemplated the information his aunt provided him, finally he looked up and said, "Kaku, main Virat se naaraz issliye nahin hoon, ki he had a relationship however fleeting with my wife, I'm angry that he didn't understand me enough to come and talk to me, uski ek self sacrificing decision ke vaajese teen zindagi barbaad hogaye hain. That's what pisses me off, I have only met Patralekha 2- 3 times all in all before our wedding festivities, and even then our conversations were sparse, whether I got married to her or some other girl of the families choosing didn't really matter at that point, but Virat didn't think to come to me before he made a decision about my life. He made a decision for my life and I'm living in hell because of it, na main past ko badal sakta hoon, na main move on kar sakta hoon. It's okay for him, ek na ek din, he will find someone else and settle, but what about me?, if I even mention the word divorce mera poora kandaan bikhar jayega, aur as much as I don't like my wife, I wouldn't want her to be tagged as a divorcee in our society that blames the girls for every mishappening in a marriage. Mere bhai ne, mere Shiva ne mujhe aise crossroad par chordiya, jaha raaste musibat se baari hain''

Ashwini nodded her head in understanding, but yet looked at him with an expectant look.

'Main samaaj sakti hoon, it's up to you Samrat, ateet ke saaye ko apne aane vale kal par boj mat parne dena, that's all I ask'

*End Flashback*

His Kakus words kept replaying in his head 'don't let the shadow of your past burden your future', she had said, and he didn't want to, he really didn't want to but he wasn't sure how to move past it it, but he did realise it couldn't carry on. As angry as he still is at his brother, he needs to allow Virat a chance to explain.

**

"Suno, I have an early morning meeting with the DCP tomorrow so I will have to come and pick you up earlier" , Virat informed her softly, while they walked out of Sai's home towards his jeep.

It was a lovely evening and Virat had felt relaxed in the presence of the Joshi's, even through the jealousy that was coursing through his vain at the mention of that stupid college boy's name. He really didn't want the night to end but he could see Kamal Sir and Usha Maushi getting tired and his own mother would be waiting at home for him, so finally he said his good nights and made his way out of the house, Sai following behind him to see him out.

She nodded her head in understanding 'Okay, I'll be ready. I might go to the auditorium to start rehearsing my dance, before classes start, who knows Aniket might be there playing his guitar" She teased, smirking slightly as she watched Virat tense.

She had noticed his annoyance during the night at the mention of Anikets name and it secretly pleased her seeing his reaction, at least it wasn't only her feeling the overwhelming jealousy at the mention of an opposite sex.

Virat stopped next to his jeep and turned towards Sai, moving closer towards her so his nose almost brushed against hers, his molten eyes fixed intently on her face, sending pleasurable shivers down her spine. "Don't play that game with me, Sai." His voice was dangerously husky when he spoke, and Sai felt her pulse quicken and her heart beating faster, "You won't win'

They gazed into each other's eyes for a long while, forgetting the world around them and focusing on each other, both lost in the beauty of the other. It wasn't until she felt the smooth tips of his fingers on her cheeks, moving the wayward strands of hair that blew onto her face and tucking them behind her ear that she broke out of her trance and just allowed herself to feel him. "Virat," she whispered.

His hand weaved itself into her hair and pulled her closer to him, his lips touching her forehead in the gentlest of a kiss "goodnight beautiful". and all of sudden he was gone, driving away in his jeep while she stood staring at the space he just left, her heart wreaking havoc inside her.

As Virat drove away he glanced at the rear view mirror, allowing a final look at the girl who was slowly capturing his heart.

Morning couldn't come soon enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 2.6K 41
New story
66.1K 8.4K 55
Two best friends.... Really?? Best friends for family And lovers for friends and some of the family members... What if one is getting married to...
76.2K 4.1K 28
Peep in. Current cover credits- @yoursonly_clichegirl Previous cover credit- @RudraThakur8
24.4K 1.3K 19
A story inspired by an idea for a new ML for Sai and her life post her divorce from Virat. This beautiful cover is courtesy Sahni2007. She has done...