Terra Nova (Oc x reader)

By sognatadocchiaperti

I do NOT own anything from Terra Nova. This is only a fanfiction. - Oc's name is Liam Shannon, the oldest son... More

Author note
Oc x reader
Welcome to Terra Nova
First day - Part 1
First day - Part 2
Attacked from Above - Part 1
Attacked from Above - Part 2
A cold - Part 1
A cold - Part 2
Leah Marcos - Part 1
Leah Marcos - Part 2
First Murder in Terra Nova - Part 2
Sonic Wave
Azimeth
Dragonfly
Memorial Field
Skye
Phoenix Group
Hope Plaza

First Murder in Terra Nova - Part 1

44 2 0
By sognatadocchiaperti

"How do you kill a man with a dinosaur?"

(Scene with Foster at Relay Station 19-A.)

The soldiers bring out the Fosters body.

"Yeah, looks pretty straightforward what happened here to me. Fosters made the mistake of leaving the shed door open while he was working. Must've snuck up behind him. Newer saw it coming." Malcom tells them.

"What did it to him?" Liam asks.

"Nykoraptor. The bite marks on his torso were a dead giveaway. They've got three rows of incisors."

"Nykos are vicious. Basically, two legged sharks." Taylor tells Liam and Jim. "Easy with him." He tells the soldiers with the body.

"Do they hunt around here?" Jim asks Malcolm.

"No, not usually. But these are ankylosaur nests. Their eggs are easy prey." He tells them.

"Well, with easy pray nearby, why'd the nylon go after a human?" Liam asks.

"You got an endless supply of chicken, doesn't mean you're gonna turn your nose up at a bloody rare steak."

Liam and Jim go into the shed to investigate. Seeing claw marks at the inside of the door makes them frown.

...
(Scene with Josh and Tom.)
...

In the clinic you work with a patient when Elisabeth comes up to you.

"Hey, Jim asked me to autopsy the soldier that was killed."

"Foster?" You ask, having heard about it from Mark.

"Yeah, you knew him?" She asks sympathetically and you shrug.

"I hang out with Mark and the boys sometimes when I'm free, that's the only connection i had to him really. Do you need me to come with?" You ask and she shakes her head with a smile.

"I'll be fine." She says and you nod with a smile, and get back to the patient.

(Scene with Elisabeth and Malcolm, then Zoe and Jim.)
...

"I think this was a murder." Jim tells Taylor after he got Liam and went to see him.

"Help me out here. How do you kill a man with a dinosaur?" Taylor ask.

"You trap it somewhere you know the victims gonna show up." Liam says. "All you need it the right bait and knowledge of your vics schedule "

"We found blood from the bait that was used to lure the nyko inside the shed." Jim tells him.

"And the back of that door was covered in scratches from when it was trying to get out." Liam says.

"We've lost our share of folks. But never like this. Not to murder." Taylor says and they stay silent for a moment. "Foster was a good soldier. If somebody killed him, i wanna know who. Find out. Do it quick and do it quiet."

"First thing, we should talk to his friends." Jim says.

You then walk in for your lunch with Taylor and stop abruptly when you see them in the middle of a meeting.

"Oh, I'm sorry." You say and are about to go when Taylor stop you.

"Take the lunch on the way Y/n, i want you with them." Taylor tells you.

"On what?" You ask.

"Foster. The Shannon's believe it might be murder." He tells you and you gape at him then them. "You knew him, don't you hang out with the boys occasionally?"

"Huh? Uh, right, yeah, sometimes." You say as you wake up from your initial shock.

"Do you know where his friends are?" Jim ask you and you take a deep breath and think about it.

"A day like today.. i think i know where they'll be." You tell them.

You try to give Taylor the second bag with lunch you had made for him, but he doesn't take it.

"Give it to someone else, I lost my appetite." Taylor tells you, not in the mood after getting the news that it might be a murder in Terra Nova.

"Too bad." You push it into his hands and go to leave. "Make sure he eats it, Wash." You tell her on the way out, she chuckles and Taylor rolls his eyes.

...

You walk into the bar with Liam and Jim, looking around you see them in the corner.

"Hey boys." You say and they look up at you.

"Hey, Y/n." They greet you.

"Hey, Mr. Shannon, Liam." Mark greets politely and they nod to him.

"Hey. I'm sorry about Foster and we're sorry to interrupt you guys. We got a few questions we need to ask, if that's okay." Jim tells them.

"Did Foster get along with everyone in your unit?" Liam asks.

"Uh.. Pretty much. Why?" Mark says.

"Can you think of anyone who would've wanted to harm him?" Liam asks.

"Hold on. You're investigating this as a murder or something?" Mark asks.

"I don't believe this.. You know, Foster was seeing a woman." Curran tells them.

"Yeah? What's her name?" Jim ask.

"I don't know." Curran says.

"None of us do. He never told us who she is." Mark tells them.

"Yeah, but he was always up in his bunk, looking at pictures of her on his Tag." Curran says.

"I thought they only held personal info and blood type." Jim says.

"Yeah, plus medical history and a locator." You tell him, walking up to Curran, he holds his tag up for you to show them.

"You're not supposed to, but everyone hacks in and throws a couple of pictures of loved ones on there, maybe some music, when you're holed up some place or on a long patrol." Mark says.

"Well, thanks gentlemen, and again, sorry for your loss." Jim says and Liam nods to them before turning. He glances behind him and see you give the two a short hug in which they return. The Curran guy letting his hands linger a little too long on you for his liking but he shakes it off.

You catch up with them.

"You find it odd, that this mystery woman hasn't stepped forward?" You ask them.

"Now you're getting the hang of this." Liam winks at you and you smile brightly with a chuckle.

"Let's go look at Fosters Tag." Jim says and you leave the bar.

...

"Fosters personal effects, can we.. Can we see them?" Jim asks Elisabeth.

"Yeah, could you get me the deceased's personal effects please?" She asks a scientist in the lad.

"Right away."

"Thanks." She tells him and turn back to you, Liam and Jim. "What's going on?"

"Well, Foster had a.." Jim then start to fill her in.

Zoe walked up the nyko egg.

"Be careful! Be very careful with that." Malcolm tells her.

"Gently, sweetheart. Sorry." Elisabeth says, Jim and her coming up to Zoe.

"It's broken." Zoe states. "Are you trying to fix it?"

You and Liam stand a little aside watching them and Zoe as she gasp when the egg moved.

"The baby wants to come out." Zoe says excitedly.

"My god, it's still alive. It's unbelievable." Malcolm says.

"You're gonna help it, right?"

"Yeah, of course we are, sweetheart." Her mother tells her. Liam chuckles when Jim gives her a look.

"Here you go." The man the comes back with the personal effects.

"Thanks." Liam says as the man hands him the box.

"Okay." Jim says coming up to the two of you as Liam opens the box.

"Terras, flashlight. But the Tag wasn't recovered."

"You said it has a locator." Liam then says looking at you.

...

Back at Taylors office, Wash pulls up the location on the screen.

"It's on the move." Jim states.

"The nyko, it must've eaten it." Taylor says.

"Then we're gonna have to get that nyko." Jim says.

...
(Scene with Jim, Taylor and Wash hunting for the nyko, but imagine Liam with them until i can write it.)
(Scene with them finding the tags in the nyko.)
...
(Scene with Jim and Wash with Rebecca. Imagine Liam with them until i can write it.)
...
(Scene with Malcolm and Elisabeth.)
...
(Scene with Jim and Wash interrogating Howard Milner , but imagine Liam take Washs place instead, until i can write it.)
...

"You were right." Taylor says coming out after having watched the interrogation video. "It was murder."

""

""

""

"It's beyond the fields before those low hills. Simple headstones buried in the earth. We have sustained losses, fallen soldiers, accidents, citizens who've succumbed to Syncillic fever." He says and Liam looks down thinking about your loss. "But we've never had a murder in Terra Nova."

He then turns back to them.

"Unless i commute Milner's sentence to imprisonment, the bylaw says banishment." Taylor tells them.

"Out there?" Jim asks.

"Out there." He confirms. "I'm going to bury our soldier. Then I'm gonna make a decision. I don't recall ever having to make a tougher one." He says and leaves.

...
(Scene with Josh and Skye.)
...

The next day they walk a silent parade through the street for Foster.

Later at night Elisabeth and Jim talks as they clean up after dinner.

(Scene with Elisabeth and Jim.)

Liam walks out of his room angry.

"Dad! Mom!" He whisper-shouts at them for arguing loudly.

They sigh.

"I'm sorry." Jim says to them and Elisabeth sighs.

"Like no one's ever had reason to falsely confess." She says and goes to her and Jims bedroom.

Jim and Liam frowns and look at each other.

...
(Scene with Mark and Maddy.)

Liam finds you in the crowd and walk to you. He takes your hand and you jump slightly having not seen him come, you look up at him and then smile sadly and intertwine your fingers with his.

(Scene with Taylor banishing Milner.)

You lean into Liam and cover your face. He takes your head and kiss it and wraps his arms around you as he watches Milner go out the gates. He then glance around the crowd til his eyes meet his fathers and they share a nod.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
311K 9.3K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
4.6K 112 12
BLEEDING HEART ❝ My dream was to find the Bellflower to cure my people from the Bleeding Heart disease. ❞ 🌷 ─── ❛ in which :: Rosie Lennox searc...