Breaking out

By Arkhane_Remirez

Aki Dilherra, 5th prince of Delhevia is to be joined in marriage with the crown prince of Aved, Yeran Avos. W... More

Character index
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Book 2
II. Chapter 1
II. Chapter 2
II. Chapter 3
II. Chapter 4
II. Chapter 5
II. Chapter 6
II. Chapter 7
II. Chapter 8
II. Chapter 10
II. Chapter 11
A/N
II. Chapter 12
Book 3
III. Chapter 1
III. Chapter 2
III. Chapter 3
III. Chapter 4
III. Chapter 5
III. Chapter 6
III. Chapter 7
AN

II. Chapter 9

19 2 58
By Arkhane_Remirez

"Look who is home," Yor Derhan jeered, looking down from his perch on the Delhevia throne.

"You look well, son,"

"Why, of course I had to, after your cordial invite, how could I not?" Aki smiled, cloying sweet.

Yor behaved wisely to ignore him.

"Yeran Avos, I admit, I had my doubts. My spies were not painting you in a good light. I would have you know, I truly thought you were falling for this...beast,"
Aki sneered when Yor's glance fell on him.

Yeran snickered. "How else were I to make certain I got everything I needed out of him? It was thanks to him Fewley and Rawul fell in the trap like the good little mice they are..," Yeran paused.

"Sorry, were," he corrected.

"Yes, I suppose you are right." Yor said, his tone flat.

Yeran smiled angelically.

"I would be expecting you to hold the end of your side of bargain, King Derhan, the sooner the better," he said.

"You did not hand me the other documents," Yor stood in objection.

"No, I didn't, I think I will hold onto them for a little longer, just so I can clarify that there will be no...misunderstandings." Yeran said, pleasantly smiling.

"Prince Yeran! Do not go too far!" Yor warned.

"Do you think you can just walk out in that manner after threatening me?!"

"Threaten you? Did I? All I did was remind you. Essentially, if all goes as we agreed, there would be no need of violence. I hope your majesty will understands," The Prince of Aved replied with a beatific smile.

"Now, if there is nothing more, I would like to take my leave. I do have to arrange the tragic demise of my darling spouse. By your excuse, of course, your majesty" the false aspect of respect from Yeran was giving even Aki the shivers.

"Stay the night Prince Yeran, I cannot possibly let you go with no hospitality. There will be a feast tonight. In honor of our alliance." Yor invited, changing the toot of his horn.

"If it is all the same, could you perhaps show me to my accommodation, where ever that may be, please? I grow nauseous of this warm...comradeship of yours," Aki drawled, interrupting them.

"You truly have grown a mouth boy, should you be running your words as such, knowing what I hold in my hand?" Yor hissed down at him.

Yeran watched Aki's fists tightening inside the sleeves, though his face remained the same serene mask, as if watching a sunrise, rather than facing the man who killed his father. And mother as well, if indirectly.

"The worst you can do is kill us," Aki said, unflinching.

"And why would I tell you what plans I have for them? You think me an idiot?" Yor laughed.

"Guards, do escort your Prince to his new chambers," he ordered, in disdain.

A guard, new one, as burly and boorish as a wild boar, grabbed a hold of Aki by his bicep, forcefully yanking him around to leave.

Just a few steps and Aki's head turned lightly to look over his shoulder. The eyes piercing, sharp and freezing at the same time, framed by the dark curtain of the lashes. A warning, an order.

The guard jerked him forward and the moment was broken, yet that look, that look was bound to haunt him for a lifetime. That last, single glance. It was more than words could describe, than any art can capture, than any statue could be sculptured.

...

"Welcome, dear prince," the man curled his lip in a smug mockery.

Wayne was one of Yor's most trusted men. Built like a boar, he was just as strong and just as repulsive as well.

To the greatest abhorrent of Aki, this was not the first encounter of his with Wayne. Every time Yor needed to be certain of Aki doing as he was told and only that, it would be to Wayne he would turn. The man had been his jailor for too many times to count.

The grip on his hand was bruisingly hard and just as he predicted, that man had chosen the most detestable cell in the block.

"Looks cosy," Aki said, staring at the damp, moss covered walls, dripping ceiling and the muddy, almost black puddles collected here and there.

"It's a prison cell,"

"Ever heard of sarcasm?" Aki asked, rolling his eyes. He could feel a headache rising from just being in the vicinity of this stupidity.

Wayne sure can take a hit, and dish out a good pummel, but the man was not the sharpest knife in the belt.

"Enough of your wise cracks," he pushed Aki in, not so kindly.

Only the years of honing his body to the brink preventing him from crashing face first onto either a wall, or tripping over his feet and getting a closer look at the questionable liquid all over the floor.

...

"Prince Yeran," the current king of Delhevia, called, drawing his attention from where it was still fixed on the just shut doors.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Where have they hidden their army?"

Yeran hid a smirk, "Had your majesty not found that from Ruth?"

He could see Yor gritting his teeth, practically hear them grinding together.

"Where is Ruth, your majesty? Does he...is he alive?" He asked.

"That does not concern you, Prince Ruth, do answer my question first."

"They army is on the move your majesty, not even the princess know where they are at given time. Although, it could not be very vast as a large moving trope will be harder to conceal." Yeran said.

"Or, there could several sections of the army, split up and moving separately" he added after a moment of more consideration.

"Fiind me their location Prince Yeran,"

Yeran raised a brow.

"I am not a subject of yours your majesty, you cannot give me such orders. And just as well, nothing is done freely in this world, if I were to do that, what will I receive in exchange?" He smiled, innocently curious.

"One year of total income of both Ruwanyen and Vasras,"

"Tempting, but no, I need to think further, there is no hurry your majesty, after all, you do have the main commanders under your lock and key, no army will thrive without their generals," Yeran disagreed.

Yor opened his mouth to inquire further, only for Yeran to cut through.

"The journey was long your majesty, I hope you will understand my desire to retire first."

Yor's face contorted. But as Yeran said, he was not a subject of his and as such, cannot be disputed.

"See you at the banquet Prince Yeran," he ground through his teeth.

"I look forward," Yeran said, giving a light bow.

...

Hey.....,

I know...author lied...she said she will update yesterday and she didn't. Bad author.

In my defense, I went to temple and didn't had time.

Yes, author is Buddhist, I'm going straight to one of the nine hells thanks to what I write.

Ahh...sacrifices I do for you.

Vote! And comment!

See ya,

Arkhane.

...

Did I write an entire paragraph just for this pic? Yes, yes I did. Author regrets nothing.

Yep, that's our darling Aki

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
90.4K 3.4K 25
WARNING.....THIS IS AN 18+ STORY!!!!! •Strong Language •Sexual Content •Possible Triggers •Abuse/Violence ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ What do you get when you m...
EMPRESS LIU By Desi Turtle

Historical Fiction

289K 10.1K 55
When Liu Changsheng came into the Emperor's household marrying the fourth Prince he had no ambition at all. He was just a fool in love. He was assaul...
14.5K 779 9
── 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍!𝐌𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄!𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 「 "𝐀𝐡, 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧." "𝐘-𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐟�...