Copper-9: Icebound

נכתב על ידי GreenThunder99

Somethings are best left forgotten, or in this case assumed While it is true that humanity did cause the expl... עוד

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

208 3 1
נכתב על ידי GreenThunder99

BOOTING UP//

EXPOSITION//

???: We are Worker Drones, autonomous robots helping humans mine exoplanets for our interstellar parent company: JC Jenson, IN SPAAAAACEE.

*A picture is shown of lines of workers holding pickaxes

???: Yeah we were mistreated in the name of Windex, but it's not like we revolted and killed all humans or anything. 

*Another picture is shown, a line of worker drones are carrying something, walking to some sort of shredder.

*One worker is clawing away from it, half destroyed, while humans are just looking at it, one taking a picture.

???: Mostly because they handled that just fine all by themselves.

*A warning is shows that the planet's core is erupting, 2 humans look at each other, shrugging while others run franticly in the background.

*We then see a view of the planet, a yellow explosion happens on one part of it, followed quickly by a blue explosion the same size if not bigger than the prior one.

*A snowflake then falls on a frozen skeleton, a worker stands up from the snow, sees the skeleton, and touches it.

*The skeleton falls over and shatters upon hitting the ground, a second worker looks at the first and gives a thumbs up.

???: With biological life wiped from the planet, we found it pretty easy to pick up where they left off. We finally had a future . . . all to ourselves.

*2 workers are seen fawning over their baby, in the form of an untrained neural network.

*We then see space, as something zooms through and crashes on the planet.

???: Unfortunately . . . our parent company didn't exactly love the concept of runaway A.I.

*We then see a bunch of worker drones looking over a crater along with another figure obscured by smoke. 

*Looking into the crater, there is a pod in the middle of it, steam then exits the opened hatch as 3 yellow Xs appear in the darkness within the pod.

*3 figures fly out, taking one of the workers with them, one figure's claws shine in the moonlight near the worker's head; it then cuts back to the ground, the same head landing on the ground "FATAL ERROR" displayed on it's visor.

*One of the figures in the sky throws the body away and laughs, as a massive blizzard starts, missiles are launched all over the place.

*Workers are either killed by the explosions, or run away, barely out of range of them; it then cuts to the street, one of the figures on a street light with an imposing spire behind them.

*We then zoom out and see that all this is a presentation being given by a Worker Drone.

???: But what have our parents done for the past forever while those things build a spire of corpses?! 

*The drone presses a button, moving the presentation to the next slide.

???: Hide under the ice behind 3 stupid doors?! It's like we're waiting for an inciting incident, anyway, that's why my project is this sick-as-hell railgun!

*The drone grabs behind them, spinning, throwing up, and catching said railgun, it aimed at her classmates.

*The class's reaction is less than stellar

???: Easy, morons. It doesn't work. -Yet. It doesn't work yet. Who said it doesn't work?! Maybe it does!!

*The drone then flicks a switch and the gun then proceeds to charge and glow bright green while they are laughing evilly, the teacher just sighs at all this.

Teach: (Annoyed): Uzi, the homework was a word problem about buying watermelons.

Uzi: Oh, and this magnetically amplified photon converger doesn't count?

*As she says this she runs her finger along the barrel before bringing it closer, as if to hide.

Teach: (Flatly): No. Plus, repressed emotional baggage was only worth 2 points on the rubric, and is it supposed to be that color?

*Uzi's attention is then turned back to her railgun which is now glowing red and sparking, seeing outside the room, the gun blows up, heavily denting the metal door.

*The location then changes to a sick bay, the walls having wonderful advice such as "Don't die lol," as we see Uzi and her steaming railgun sitting there.

???:  *gasps* Oh, here. No, wait, hold on. Shh

*We then see 2 drones in the hall, pretending they weren't going out of their way to find Uzi.

???: (Loudly): Eww. *scoffs* It didn't kill her. (Normally): Oh, my god, I'm so bad.

*The 2 drones then run down the hall, Uzi groans at this, as another drone walks in

???: *Laughs* Classic toxic masculinity, Chad! That's never gonna end up problematic

*The drone then sees Uzi sitting across from him

???: Oh, wow -- Uzi? I-I heard you, uh--

Uzi: I'm an angsty teen Thad. Bite me.

*Uzi tosses her ice pack which was doing nothing at it's current temperature.

Uzi: Also, how do you know my name? People willingly talk to you.

*Thad walks over to a chair, sitting down with one seat between the 2.

Thad: *Chuckles* Well, I'd say everyone knows Khan's daughter, but uh . . .

*We then see posters surrounding Kahn, having inspirational quotes such as "Doors are my real daughter," and "Dealing with your disappointing failure of a child."

Thad: . . . then you might blow the other half of your face off.

Uzi: (Sarcastically): Crippling daddy issues. Hilarious. What are you in for? Testosterone too hard?

Thad: (Worried): That can happen? . . . (Normal): Awesome. Hey, those bandages look pretty badass.

Uzi: Oh

*Uzi then takes a second to process the fact she actually got a complement.

Uzi: E-Ew, gross, I hate that you said that.

Thad: So, what's the, uh. . . 

Uzi: Sick-as-hell railgun?!

Uzi: Sci-fi nonsense that super works. I'm sneaking to the Murder Drone lair tonight to get the last spare part I need to save the world with it and earn my dad's respect and stuff -- Uh, but mostly the world part.

Thad: -Oh -- but doesn't your dad make awesome doors so we don't have to, uh . . .  do that scary-sounding emotionally repressed stuff you just said?

*The barrel of the gun then sudden put in Thad's face.

Uzi: No more feedback on my repression today!

Thad: Ow! I'm sorry. I-I-I didn't think-

Uzi: Bite me!

*Uzi then leaves the room and turns the corner before peeking back.

Uzi: I'm not mad at you, by the way-- just generally hormonal!

*She then gives a thumbs up while sliding away.

*Outside, the snowy wind is blowing above the buildings, while a voice is heard from the ground, obscured by the light of a Saturn-like planet and moon.

???: (Annoyed): Ugh, why did that building think it was a good idea to fall on me?

*The winds around this person seemed to be slightly blue and blow harder than the rest of the wind.

*We then see an alarm clock going off, zooming out, we see that Uzi is the alarm clock and it is currently 3 AM.

*Smacking her visor, she wakes up and almost immediately starts getting into action, grabbing her railgun, adjusting her helmet in the form of a beanie, and very quickly and quietly grabbing the door master key.

*In a hall overrun with ice, Uzi peeks the corner, seeing no one.

*She walks down the hall to Door 03, pulling out the key, and going to the console that controls it.

*She taps the key before putting it back, the door then opens revealing Kahn on the other side of it.

Uzi: Oh, robo-Jesus!

Kahn: (Annoyed): And where might you be off to?

Uzi: Mm, sneaking out to make out with my boyfriend that I definitely have?

*Kahn laughs at this.

Kahn: (More annoyed): Seriously though?

Uzi: *Groans* Ok, ok, you caught me. I. . . need . . . to . . measure the . . exterior hydraulics mechanisms of Door 01, because that's . . . . ("Joyfully"): the project that I'm working on for . . school? A big old door! (Poor country accent): Just like what my old man built.

*Kahn seems to lighten up a bit.

Uzi: I . . want to join the W.D.F. and hide behind doors like cowards while playing cards and stuff. 

Kahn: (Proud): *Chuckles* Well, we don't just play cards.

*Door 02 opens revealing 4 other members of the W.D.F. sitting at a table.

W.D.F.: Kahn, can you grab a fresh pack? We literally play cards so much that the numbers are faded. . . . . . Oh! Hey, Uzi.

*Uzi nervously chuckles and waves slightly before Kahn presses his remote, closing Door 02.

Kahn: (Prideful): Well . . . *Chuckles* When you build doors so good . .

*Kahn then runs right up to Door 02.

Kahn: (Creepily): Good door, gooooood door.

*Kahn walks back to Uzi.

Kahn: . . there's no need to fight. (Excited): Uzi, this is great news! Here--

*He pulls a wrench from a back pocket

Kahn: (Excited): -the wrench I used to tighten bolts on my first door prototypes -- (Serious): and to put your mother out of her misery when the Murder Drones got to her with their nanite acid. (Excited): -I want you to have it.

*Kahn puts the wrench in Uzi's hands.

Uzi: (Slightly sarcastic, mostly scarred): Neat, therapy is fun.

*Door 02 opens

Kahn: (Excited): Guys! My daughter is into doors!

*The drones then begin cheering with Door 01 opening, revealing a wall of ice.

Kahn: Oh, whoops, that happens sometimes.

*Kahn then grabs a nearby pickaxe and begins hacking at places in the wall, he eventually finds a weak spot and starts destroying that part, it eventually breaking a good chunk of the wall.

Kahn: There, she's gonna be outside for a bit to examine the exterior of Door 01. Your door specific destiny awaits.

*Uzi then begins to walk to the hole in the ice.

Uzi: Uh, wow, ok. Just gonna leave then . . . 'cause this worked so weirdly well. Uh, go, doors!

*As she walks through, Door 01 closes and Kahn takes off his mustache to wipe a digital tear.

Kahn: (Proud): They grow up so fast

*On the other side of the door, Uzi takes a breath as she begins her walk to the Murder Drone's lair.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

76.1K 1.8K 11
The zombie apocalypse. Always seen in shows and books. Who would expect it to happen in real life? Will anyone survive? And why are there zombies who...
633K 32.1K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1.3M 57.7K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
199K 4.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...