《My way of doing things 》OC x...

By Anyaforfriends

Following the grand Football Frontier events of the previous year, misfortune befell upon Suzuki Sumire, as s... More

《Quick introduction 》
《Chapter 1》
《Chapter 2》
《Chapter 3》
《Chapter 4》
《Chapter 5》
《Chapter 6》
《Chapter 7》
《Chapter 8》
《Chapter 9》
《Chapter 10》
《Chapter 11》
《Chapter 12》
《Chapter 13》
《Chapter 14》
《Chapter 15》
《Chapter 16》
《Chapter 17》
《Chapter 18》
《Chapter 19》
《Chapter 20》
《Chapter 21》
《Chapter 22》
《Chapter 23》
《Chapter 24》
《Chapter 25》
《Chapter 27》
《Chapter 28》
《Chapter 29》
《Chapter 30》
《Chapter 31》
《Chapter 32》
《Chapter 33》
《Chapter 34》
《Chapter 35》
《Chapter 36》

《Chapter 26》

205 15 13
By Anyaforfriends

---
Meet the mastermind behind the soccer spectacle - the gamemaker, this ingenious individual possesses the ability to orchestrate the flow of the game, dictating the rhythm and tempo with their strategic moves.

With a keen eye for opportunity and a mind brimming with tactics, the game maker is the puppeteer who pulls the strings, manipulating the players on the field like chess pieces.

Their vision and creativity are unparalleled, as they craft intricate plays and set the stage for moments of brilliance. In the realm of soccer, the gamemaker is the architect of excitement, weaving together a tapestry of skill, teamwork, and sheer magic.

There are not many who fit that description. Only two have we seen so far suitable for that mighty title. have been playing together starting yesterday in the same team.

These are no other than Suzuki Sumire-san and
Kidou Yuuto-kun.

Sumire POV

"Kidou!"

Endou exclaimed, mouth agape. Shuuya just
leaned on the pole of the bench while smirking.

"What's the meaning of this?"

Aki asked as she and Haruna turned to look at the coach and I.

In response, I stood up, making my way to Kidou,

"I said it won't be an issue, didn't I?"
Haruna's eyes almost shined at my response.

"Kidou! There's no mistake about it. lts Kidou from Teikoku Gakuen!"

People gasped and started murmuring. Senbayama looked at Raimon's bench.

"What's going on?"

"Can you do something like that?!"

The people were now shouting protests

"Please wait for a moment."

Kakuma fipped through he tournament rulebook.

"Oh, there it is! In the protocols under Clause 64-2, 'If players are transfered before the start of the match, they may be acknowledged as players of the team!'..."

Kidou leaned closer to my ear with a hand

"This what you meant, Suzuki-san?"

I nodded my head in affirmation, mirroring his actions.

"That's right"

I murmured in response, causing both of us to lean back and simultaneously stand up straight.

"Then that means..?"

"So he quit Teikoku and went to Raimon?

"They thought they couldn't win, so they brought that guy in!"

Tanushimaru Shigeki, Senbayama's forward, said, despite being in quite a distance, they were really loud

"That's nothing to worry about! Even if one or two of the join, they won't break through our defense"

Harno Tooru, their captain, stated before I left a burning gaze on the back of my neck

"Was that her plan all along?"

I couldn't catch who said that, since the moment I turned around, all Senbayama's players were looking back at their coach.

Thought I wouldn't notice?

"Still, who would've thought this would happen."

Someoka trailed off.

"But this gives me more confidence."

Shourinji said to Shishido.

"With Kidou-san, we might not even need hissatsu techniques to break Senabayama's defense! All right, I'm pumped!"

The boy exclaimed

"Shishido, you're on bench. Kidou's joining in your place."

Hibiki told him and went back to the bench. Well, it was fast and little shut down for the energetic orange haired boy

"M-Me?"

The boy muttered and then looked dejected
Endou looked at him and decided to cheer him up

"Shishido, stay warmed up! We'l never know when we'll need you!"

He told him.

"O-Okay!"

Shishido stood up straight.

"The Football Frontier Nationals Tournament! The second match is against Senbayama Junior High, who boasts of an unbreakable defence! They're up against Raimon
Junior High, who turned the tables against Sengoku lgajima! Will they be able to break through Senbayama's iron wall defence with Kidou on the starting lineup?"

The whistle blew, and the game started with Raimon's kickoff.

"Attack, attack!"

Endou yelled. The Raimor players ventured onto Senbayama's territory. Handa passed the ball to Someoka, but it was weak, so the pink haired forward couldn't get it.

Kidou clenched his teeth when he saw this.

"l'll take that."

Player from Senbayama stole the loose ball from him. Someoka ran after the player who took the ball.

"That was weak, Handa! Put more into it!"

The pink haired boy called out.

"It is more visible than I anticipated..."

I stopped speaking, my gaze shifting from the field to Hibiki-san, then shaking my head to dismiss the thought.

"There's no use in fretting ahead of time."

I relaxed on the bench, sharing my viewpoint.

"Don't mind, don't mind. Keep bringing them in!"

Endou yelled to encourage them

"The timing is still off. Looks like yesterday's practice is still pulling them around."'

Megane remarked. Meanwhile, Kidou looked at the players, seemingly observing them.

Show the world the immense impact a gamemaker can have on transforming a game.

Kazemaru passed the ball to Kurimatsu, but it became a pass miss.

"That was too wide!"

He complained, and this also happened when Domon passed to Max,

"That was too strong, Domon!"

And when Shouri passed to Gouenj, a player from Senbayama stole it before the platinum haired male could trap it.

"What's wrong, Raimon? Their passes aren't connecting at all! Senbayama's using those opportunities to counterattack!"

Kazemaru went to block lkui Shouji, the one who stole the ball

"Mogura Feint!"

Ikui used this hissatsu technique to get past him and make a shoot. Endou easily caught
it made him click his tongue in annoyance.

"Coach!"

3rd Person POV:

Aki stood up in worry and turned to the coach then at brown haired female sitting relaxed next to him.

Hibiki remembered his conversation with Kidou the night before.

"The fight will be in the second half. Inspect Endou and the team's power carefully in the first half"

He told the boy in front of him, taking the empty cup of tea from Sumire

"First half?"

Sumire raised an eyebrow while saying that.

"Hibiki-san, you are underestimating Kidou."

Said boy then smirked

"Ten minutes is enough."

Kidou responded haughtily

Sumire POV:

Raimon continued to have pass misses while Kidou just inspected them. Senbayama passed the ball to their captain, Harano.

He used a hissatsu techique called "Run, Ball Run" to outrun the Raimon players.

"You'te all too slow for me."

He called out.

"Killer slide!"

He dodged Domon by jumping

"The Wall!"

Kabeyama blocked the ball, but it was quite loose. Kurimatsu wasn't able to get the ball in time, so Tanushimaru got the ball instead and used a hissatsu technique.

"Shine Drive!"

If you don't have strength, you use tricks to make up the gap

Endou was blinded by the light emitting from the ball and was unable to stop the shoot.

"Goal! Senbayama takes the lead! This is a big point! Senbayama, who has never lost a point, is already on the path to victory!"

"Don't mind, don't mind. The match is just starting!"

Endou yelled to encourage his members, while Kidou's goggles glinted.

I secretly glanced at the watch worn by Hibiki-san.

10 minutes passed.

"Kurimatsu, take two feet back from where you usually defend." Kidou told the boy. After he walked up to him, he then turned to Max.

"And Matsuno, three feet when you pass to Gouenij. Two and half feet for Someoka. Pass it farther up front than you usually do."

He stated and walked away.

"Guys, put some spirit into it! Let's bring it up!"

Endou yelled and cut himself off when he noticed something.

"Kurimatsu, you're too far back! Go up more!"

He called out to him

"Yeah, but Kidou-san told me to!"

The boy answered back.

"Kidou did?"

Endou said questioningly.

"He told Matsuno-san to pass up farther than he usually does!"

Kurimatsu added. The brunette's eyes widened as he realized something, his eyes meeting mine calm ones.

"So that's what it is. Let's see the
tactics of a genius game strategist."

He said to himself, quite loud if you ask me.

Shuuya kicked the ball back and Matsuno received it. He got tackled by Yamane You, the one wearing a straw hat, and lost the ball.

Oogoi Noboru got the ball and passed it. Endou got alarmed when they got through. Kurimatsu was fast to steal the ball from Negami Daichi, the one Oogoi passed to.

"Kurimatsu, pass to Domon! Go three feet ahead!"

Kidou commanded.

"Three feet ahead?" He contemplated before doing what he was told, and Domon was able to receive the ball successfully.

"Max!"

"Wait, Domon!"

Kidou stopped him. He looked like he was counting in his head. He was checking their timing before ordering.

"Go!"

Kidou said, and Domon passed the ball Max got it successfully and dribbled forward.

"Raimon's passes are connecting!"

"Great job, Domon!"

Endou praised him.

"Keep pushing in, Matsuno!"

Kidou told the boy.

"Pass it to Someoka!"

He commanded soon after.

"Two and a half feet ahead!"

Max passed the ball, and Someoka received it

"Dragon Crash!"

He shot it towards the goal, and the Raimon players looked at the ball in hope.

It won't be that easy.

"Makiwari Chop!"

Ayano Yuuichi, their goalkeeper, stopped the ball by chopping it in the middle of it.

Seeing their opponent's goalkeeper pick his nose I cringed.

"You're awesome, Kidou! You really are a genius game strategist!"

Endou ran up to him

"lf you could call that strategizing, that is."

Raimon uttered sounds of shock. "What do you mean?"

Someoka asked.

"You don't realize your own strength. Your running and kicking abilities. Through your efforts, you've improved your physical abilities vastly. However, with the individual differences, of course, there would be inconsistencies if you tried to play like you normally do."

Kidou explained to them

"That's why our passes wouldn't connect!"

Kurimatsu snapped his fingers.

"I've only adjusted those inconsistencies based on Suzuki-san's information and what have I seen so far. If I have to be honest I'm sure Suzuki-san would have adjusted it herself if she was to play."

The goggled boy stated, deciding to bluntly expose me like it was nothing.

Oh, you little-

""Only"? That makes it even more awesome, Kidou!"

Everyone sweat dropped at their captain .

"Both of you figured out that much! You and Suzuki-san really are a big big. big. big, BIG geniuses!"

Endou exclaimed. Handa had a doubtful look on his face, causing me to ignore the awe's and compliments thrown my way

He doesn't trust Kidou.

Kazemaru was dribbling the balforward.

"Go, Kazemaru!"

Endou yelled.

"Pass it to Matsuno! Slow down by two counts!"

Kidou commanded, and Kazemaru did as he told. He counted to two before passing to Max

"Nice pass. Kazemaru!"

Endou yelled

"They're getting cocky just because their passes are connecting"

Tanushimaru said.

"That's why you city people are no naïve, we will shut down their hopes."

Harano commented, and Max found himself surrounded by Senbayama's players

"1. 2! Kagome. Kagome"

They kept repeating these words as they circle around him

"Max, pass!"

Endou told him, but suddenly, the three Senbayama players jumped up and dived down to Max. They stole the ball from him, but kidou made a sliding tackle to get the ball back.

"Someoka!"

He passed it to the pink haired boy.

"Dragon Tornado!"

This time, they successfully did it.

"All right"

Endou cheered. Two defenders went beside Ayano

"Infinite Wall!"

He exclaimed as a wall appeared behind
them. Wall stopped Shuuya's and Someoka's shoot.

The Raimon players stood there in shock of finally seeing the unbreakable defense technique

"There it is! The hissatsu technique that's given
Senbayama, the reputation of never losing a point, lnfinite Wall!"

The whistle blew, which signalled the end of the first half.

"The Infinite Wall.."

Domon muttered, Endou had a troubled look while Kidou grit his teeth. The others had dejected expressions on their faces.

"Cheer up! we haven't lost yeu it's all ight, we'l catch up!"

Endou encouraged them.

Kidou seeing me, leaning back at the bench without any intention of giving them any obvious or easy way out, he spoke up.

"Let's go with Someoka as the 1-top formation lead for the second half."

Kidou told Endou.

"1-top?"

The brunette questioned.

"It's true that the Infinite Wall is tough, but it
has a weakness."

The goggled boy stated

"A weakness?"

Kazemaru questioned.

"It's that the Infinite Wall is a combination play involving three people, Someoka pretend that you're attacking and separate the #5 defender as far as possible from the #4 defender. lf you do that they won't be able to use the lnfinite Wall easily."

Kidou explained, sneaking a quick glance at me.

"That's an idea!"

Someone exclaimed

"Wait a moment. Are you sure we should be pushing Gouenji back? That's not our soccer! Gouenit and Someoka are our 2-top. That's our soccer!"

Handa exclaimed, clearly against Kidou's idea.

"That's true, but.."

Kurimatsu trailed off, and before Handa could get angrier, clutching the cane firmly in my hand, I proceeded towards the gathering, growing increasingly exasperated by the unexpected twist of events.

"Handa. It's the Nationals, not time to fight with teammates"

With a commanding voice, I beckoned, causing the young man to cautiously retreat, though he clenched his jaw in defiance on the verge of losing his composure.

Kidou appeared to arch an eyebrow in astonishment, his gaze momentarily distant as if recalling a memory before approaching with deliberate steps.

"Got it? This is the Football Frontier. l's the toumament for every team in the nation to test their competitive strength. And you're standing on the field for it right now. It's not the time to be playing happy-go-lucky soccer. you're at the Nationals level."

Kidou stated as the team became silent, quite uneasy at the sudden turned of events, but they backed up. After all, Kidou and I already have experience in the Nationals.

"Shuuya, do you oppose?"

With a single gesture of my hand, I directed my gaze towards the platinum-haired boy who stood before me, seeking his attention

Shuuya shaked his head as a 'no' before looking back at Someoka

"I'm counting on you."

Shuuya tuned to Someoka, who sent him a thumbs up.

"Goenij!"

Handa exclaimed in disbelief.

"Let's try it, Handa."

Endou told him, lightly

"Fine"

He looked at the ground, sighing displeased.

I stopped Kidou from stepping onto the field by grabbing his shoulder with my free hand.

"To overcome a high wall, you need to find a new power hidden deep inside you. A new Hissatsu technique will be born during the second half."

Kidou appeared puzzled for a moment, then nodded as if contemplating my words.

"Pass it on to Shuuya and Endou."

I instructed before heading back to the bench, sensing eyes on me once more.

Dear God, I implore you to grant me a momentary respite. Pleaseeeee

"Now the second half begins!"

Whistle blew.

It began with Senabayama's kickoff. The players charged forward onto Raimon's side

"First, we need a score! Tie the score!"

Endou yelled, Yamane passed the ball to Oogoi but was stolen by Kidou.

Kidou managed to find out their pattern of passes too, not bad.

"I won't let you!"

Shiotani Hiro ran beside Someoka, who was heading up to Senbayama's side.

Trap was laid out.

"They fell for it!"

Endou exclaimed. Kidou passed the ball to Shuuya. He and Kabeyama had already jumped up to do lnazuma Otoshi.

But not a trap that will let them go down.

"Senbayama was caught unaware!"

"Inazuma Otoshi!"

Goenji shot the ball to Senbayama's
goal.

"They did it!"

Endou exclaimed. Unfortunately, Senabayama was still able to do lnfnite Wall.

They are fast when they need to be.

They blocked Inazuma Otoshi, making Raimon shocked.

"That was a close one."

Shiotani wiped a sweat on his forehead.

"When did those defenders..?"

"They' re fast."

"Kazemaru, Goenj!"

Kidou called out and kicked the ball towards them. They shot the ball with Honoo no Kazamidori, but that failed too because of the Infinite Wall.

Kidou was in deep thought while looking around. He looked like he discovered something.

"Endou!"

The boy understood what Kidou meant.

"Matsuno, pass it back!"

Max saw Endou running up. He shook off Yamane and passed the ball to his captain. Endou and Shuuya spun and kicked the ball. Inazuma One also didn't work, as it got deflected.

"The goal line... messed up"

Ayano crossed his arms and looked to the side

"Senbayama stops it! This is the strength of the Infinite Wall! lt's an iron wall defense!"

Kidou grit his teeth while Handa looked dejected.

"I knew it wouldn't work, suddenly using a 1-top formation.."

He muttered.

"Will we lose at this rate?"

Shishido whispered.

Endou turned around and saw the look on his members' faces.

"Hey, everyone!"

He called out to them while they just look down, dejected.

"What's wrong? Why're you looking depressed? Don't tell me you've given up. The match,
it isn't over! Domon, Kurimatsu, Kazemaru!"

He yelled.

"But we can't break through the Infinite Wall"

Max answered, depressingly.

"We do need a hissatsu technique after all..."

Domon trailed off.

"We have a technique, a passion to not give up!"

"The passion to not give up?"

Shouri repeated

"It's been like this ever since we fought against Teikoku. Against Occult too. Against Nosei too. Against Mikage Sennou too. Against Shuuyo Meito too. Even against Sengoku gajima we came this far because we didn't give up, didn't we?! I won't give up. If I give up, that's the
end. That's not our soccer!"

He exclaimed.

"Our soccer is about not giving up to the very end, right? Then let's do it to the very end. Our soccer!"

He finished.

"Our soccer?"

Handa grinned after

"Captain/Endou!"

His teammates called out, with smiles on their faces. Shuuya just smirked at him.

3rd person POV:

Kidou stared at the team and reembered the platinum haired male's words from yesterday.

"Was that what you meant about letting Endou and Suzuki-san take care of my back? Raimon's true strength..."

Kidou said to himself.

"All right, we have five minutes left. Let's do it with all we've got"

The goggled boy yelled

Sumire POV:

Handa looked around and kicked the ball. Someoka turned a few times to shake off the one's guarding him and to get the ball. But Ayano punched it away. Endou headed the ball towards Max. He shot the ball but was blocked by Ayano. Someoka had the ball and passed it to Handa.

"Our soccer!"

Handa called and passed the ball to Kidou

The match score is anticipated now.

The goggled boy was surrounded by three Senbayama players. They were going to use Kagome, Kagome, Kidou stayed still not knowing what to do, until Endou called out to him.

He kicked the ball up, purple/indigo surronding it. The ball suddenly had golden lightning surronding it along with the indigo colors.

Endou, Kidou, and Shuuya jumped to kick the ball.

Endou on the right, Shuuya on the left, and Kidou at the top. the three of them shot it towards the lnfiite Wall. It drilled through the wall and broke it, landing their first goal.

A whistle blew, signifying that Raimon had scored. The crowd remained silent, still processing what had happened. Even Kakuma was speechless. He became aware of what occurred, and the crowd cheered out loudly.

"Infinite Wall was broken through! Senbayama has finally lost a point! their unbroken record has finally been taken!"

Aki and Haruna held each other's hands and exclaimed in joy. Natsumi just stood there for a second, looking proud and happy as well before turning around to where I stood.

Despite being mindful of my cane and the pressure of her hands, she enveloped me in a tight embrace that exuded immense strength.

So openly?

The reserve players looked happy too, of course.

"To break through the Infiite Wall. This is what
we should call lnazuma Break"

Megane stated.

"Listen to me!"

He screamed when he saw no one paying attention to what he was saying.

"Kidou!"

Endou ran up to the said boy.

"All right, let's get another score!

He yelled energetically

"Dragon Crash!"

Someoka's shoot landed in Senbayama's
goal. Goalkeeper's head was too shocked to comprehend it.

The whistle blew and the match had ended.

"2-1, Raimon turns the tables by breaking through the Infinite Wall and reigns victorious!"

After releasing her grip on me, Natsumi stepped aside, allowing Shishido to rush towards Endou in tears of joy.

Meanwhile, Shuuya and Kidou walked over to me (after exchanging handshakes with Handa.)

Within a matter of seconds, the rest of the team also approached me, albeit more hastily than Natsumi, causing me to stumble briefly.

It's about time I start using my cane to push them away.

-
The victory brought us one step closer to winning the Football Frontier. After refreshing ourselves, Shuuya and I convinced Kidou to join us for a stroll.

"We knew you will be here."

Shuuya remaked.'

"Kidou, Goenji, Suzuki-san?"

Endou questioned, slowly pulling himself up from the ground.

I took a seat on the wooden bench, flanked by Kidou and Endou on either side, as Shuuya gazed pensively towards the horizon, standing near the gleaming metal railings.

"Do you do that training often?"

Kidou asked the brunette.

"Yeah. That's the best thing to train my goalkeeper skills. Besides, I let a goal through today, I need to power myself up more."

Endou responded.

"But moderate yourself at least. No one will like it if you get injured before a match."

Kidou stated

"It's s fine. I'm always doing this."

The brunette said, Kidou tilted his head in shock

"Always?"

The googled boy asked.

"l want to be a goalkeeper like my grandpa someday..."

Endou trailed off.

"So your starting point was when you were born as Endou Mamoru?"

Kidou asked, Endou dissmised that statement though.

"But I was sure surprised. When you suddenly showed up on the field, I never imagined you would come to us!"

Endou exclaimed, Kidou's throat escaped a hearty chuckle. He knew I wouldn't fill unnecessary people in.

"Sorry for surprising you."

The goggled boy said, with a smile.

"But I'm glad. l've always been thinking that i'd be fun if I ould play with you. Ever since I first caught your shoot."

Endou said. Kidou stood up and walked to the bars.

"When I thought about the other people who caught that awesome kick. And your amazing game strategizing abilities..."

He said and looked at Kidou.

"But you can't win soccer with that alone."

The boy responded

"When I think about it, it might have been back then.. When I thought that there could be a different soccer"

Kidou mused

"A different soccer?"

Endou questioned.

"Yeah. Even now, l don't know exactly what that is. But after playing with you guys today, I thought..."

He turned around to face Endou and I

"I might be able to find out here. I still have a lot to learn..."

He paused

"Goenji and Suzuki-san let me kick the ball again with you."

The goggled boy said, and Endou stood up.

"Kidou. I'll be counting on you from now on."

He said and shook hands with the boy

"Yeah, me too."

He responded

In an instant, the gazes of the three male's fixated upon me, prompting me to tilt my head inquisitively.

"Pray tell, what seems to be amiss?"

There was no sarcasm in my voice but the way I phrased it, made it seem like it.

Kidou was the initial person to break the silence.

"Suzuki-san, I still don't get why you hide your abilities to everyone..."

As he trailed off Endou looked caught off guard while Shuuya's face slightly seemed suspicious.

"...but I will try my best to help take burden off your shoulders ever so slightly."

Shuuya's expression relaxed as I rose to my feet, letting out a gentle exhale. Approaching the group, I halted with my cane held out in front of me.

"I anticipate your contributions to the team, Kidou."

He smiled in response.

We stood there, the four of us, mesmerized by the sunset. The sky painted in hues of orange and purple, with clouds gently drifting towards the sun's edges.

I heard a notification sound, prompting me to grab my handbag and retrieve my phone.

Ichinose Kazuya
'Do you like surprises?'

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._
A/N

Guess whooo?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

927 41 14
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐍-𝐒𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐑𝐀 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐮...
44.4K 1.2K 23
Raimon, the best soccer team in Japan. And then they lost. Utterly and completely destroyed by a new school, Kanashimi. They lost their Mixi-Max and...
77.4K 3.5K 32
⚠️Warning bad English ahead! Book cover: @dolustoy on twitter and pixiv. Inakunijima Island is an isolated island and very less known from people...
1.5K 91 11
•• ━━━ Being in Teikoku's soccor team comes with high expectations and each member must work earnestly to live up to those expectations. Usugumo Kuu...