The Elemental Enerithian (Ben...

By Shaniqua_The_One

Join Aria, Ben, Gwen and Kevin on an adventure. More

Character Info
Mastery and Downsides
Ben 10 Returns (1)
Ben 10 Returns (2)
Everybody Talks About The Weather
Kevin's Big Score
All That Glitters
Max Out
Pier Pressure
What Are Little Girls Made Of?
The Gauntlet
Paradox
Be-Knighted
Plumbers' Helpers
X=Ben+2
Season 2
Darkstar Rising
Alone Together
Good Copy, Bad Copy
Save the Last Dance
Undercover
Pet Project
Grounded
Voided
Inside Man
The Date
Birds of a Feather
Unearthed
War of the Worlds (1)
War of Worlds (2)
Season 3
The Vengeance of Vilgax (1)
The Vengeance of Vilgax (2)
Inferno
Simple
Don't Fear the Repo
Singlehanded
If All Else Fails
In Charm's Way
Trade Off
Busy Box

Fool's Gold

148 10 6
By Shaniqua_The_One

I messed up with the chapters so I fixed it

The teens stood inside Max's headquarters with Ben and Gwen standing in front of their grandpa, Kevin leaning on a panel, and Aria meditating. "You want us to go where?" Ben asks his grandpa. "A little town called Walton. "Every 17 years, college students from another planet land there to blow off steam for a week." Grandpa Max explains. "Alien spring break." Ben notes. "Right. But this time, one of the aliens has gone missing. I need you four to go find him." Grandpa Max tells them. Gwen nods and walks away. Ben looks at Kevin, who holds a necklace, then turns to Aria. "Come on, Ari." He tells her and walks out.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The gang was now in Kevin's car driving to Walton. "Holed up town in the middle of nowhere. Why don't aliens ever go missing in any place fun?" Kevin asks. "This is farm country. What are aliens even doing here? What's so special about this place?" Gwen asks, and Kevin looks at her, amused. The car stops at the Walton sign, which was destroyed with a tractor lying beside it. They get out of the car to have a closer look. "Hooligans. And from the looks amateurs." Kevin scoffs. Ben walks forward and winces holding his foot. "Stubbed my toe." He says. Kevin turns his headlights on brighter so that they can see, and Ben spots gold on the road. The teens kneel around it. "They look like um..." Gwen trails off. "Poop." Aria finishes for her. "Shiny poop." Gwen adds. Kevin picks one up and brings it closer to his face, sniffs it, and goes to bite it. "Kevin, don't." Gwen tells him. "It's okay. Looks like... gold." Kevin replies. "Please, don't." Aria tells him, but he still bites it. "Hmm. It is gold! And it's real!" Kevin shares. "Solid gold poop." Ben says, looking at the golden waste that covers the road.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The next day, they were driving through Walton, taking in the scene. "Look at this place." Ben says. "Sure, these farmers must be rolling in..." "Kevin." Gwen cuts him off. "I was gonna say dough." Kevin tells her. Little aliens run onto the road surrounding the car, making Kevin stop driving. They tilt the car back and forth, and Ben laughs, enjoying it. Meanwhile, Aria sighed as her focus was broken. "Get your hands off my ride." Kevin tells them, and they run away. The teens get out of the car, and a man walks up to them. "You didn't see any aliens. It was swamp gas." He gaslights them. "Try harder." Aria tells him, unimpressed. "Mass hysteria?" He tries. "Weather balloons?" He adds. "Save it. We're Plumbers." Kevin shows him his badge. "Well, why didn't you say so? Welcome to Walton. You here for the popcorn festival?" The man asks. "What's the deal with that, anyway?" Ben asks.

 "We make the best popcorn in the universe. Aliens can't get enough of the stuff. Every 17 years, they come back." He shares. "Where are my manners? I'm Mayor Coleman." The man holds his hand out but pulls it back when none of them shake it. "What can you tell us about the missing alien?" Ben asks. "Missing alien? There's no missing alien. If there was a missing alien, he's probably just running around, eating popcorn, and having fun." Mayor Coleman tells them. "Uh-huh. We're still gonna have to look around." Gwen says. "Be my guest. But I'm afraid you're not gonna find anything." Mayor Coleman says and walks away. "Ben, we're gonna have to--" Gwen looked to where her cousin was, but he wasn't there. "Ben?" Aria calls, and they look around. They run to an alleyway and find Ben running with the aliens. "Yeah, I better go keep an eye on him." Kevin says. "Please." Aria tells him, and the girls watch him run away. "Were you..." An alien says, causing the girls to turn to him. "Were you sent by Max Tennyson?" He asks. "You're the one who called for help?" Gwen asks. 

"My name is Orb. My mom and dad told me that if I ever got into any trouble on Earth, I should call Max Tennyson." Orb informs them. "Good advice." Gwen tells him with a smile. "Is the missing alien your friend?" Aria asks. "My best friend. His name's Decka. One moment we're stuffing our faces with popcorn, the next moment he's gone. I'm worried sick." Orb shares. "Do you have anything of his that I could use to track him? A piece of clothing or something?" Gwen asks. "No, nothing like that. I'm sorry." Orb apologizes. "Don't apologize, we'll find him the old-fashioned way." Aria tells him and Orb looks confused. "We're gonna have to look for him." Gwen explains.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Gwen, Aria, Orb, and Mayor Coleman get to the farm where Ben and Kevin stand with the aliens tied up. "You kids been busy." Mayor Coleman whistles. "What do you wanna do with them?" Ben asks. "Well, for starters, let them go." Mayor Coleman tells him. "But... but look what they did." Ben points to the destroyed building and silo. Mayor Coleman walks over to one of them and unties it. "Our popcorn festival is only once every 17 years. No one wants to press charges. It's just a little damage." Mayor Coleman tells him. "They destroyed the farm!" Ben points out. "Boys will be boys." Mayor Coleman brushes him off. "I hate that saying." Aria mumbles. The aliens cheer and leave the farm. "Now, don't forget to eat lots of popcorn!" The mayor calls out to them. "That's it? They leveled an entire building, and all you can tell them is eat lots of popcorn?"Ben asks. "Why don't worry your head, son. It's complicated." Mayor Coleman says. 

"What's so complicated? The aliens eat popcorn then they leave behind solid gold, right?" Gwen asks. "That's why this town is so rich." Aria adds. "Okay, you got us. Every 17 years, we make some popcorn then we shovel up the gold. Our entire colony is based on alien--" "Poop." Kevin covers it up with a cough. "You're so wrong." Aria tells him. "Nobody wants to be punishing the alien kids. And the festival's almost over. They gon be heading back to school in the morning anyway." Mayor Coleman shares. "Not all of us." Orb says. "I'm not leaving until we find Decka." "Decka? He probably went home already. Looking for him is a waste of time." The mayor tells them. "All the same, we're gonna take a look around." Ben says and walks away. "I'll go with Ben." Kevin offers and follows the boy.

 "Kevin. Are you avoiding me?" Gwen asks. "No, I just love hanging out with your cousin." Kevin replies and walks away. "If it makes you feel any better, I feel avoided as well." Aria says, watching Ben walk away. "That's the second time you've ditched her. Are you fighting?" Ben asks, watching the boy who is walking beside him. "If we were, would I talk about it with you? Besides, that's the second time you've ditched Ari as well." Kevin points out and walks ahead. "That's not what I'm doing, but okay." Ben says.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The group stood beside a tractor watching the aliens enter the cornfield. "What's happening?" Ben asks, following Orb. "The festival is over. It's time to go back to school." Orb explains. Kevin pulls out a necklace from his pocket and looks at it before putting it back in his pocket. They watch as the spaceships leave, all except two, Orb's and Decka's. "This has been the worst popcorn festival ever." Orb says, sadly. "Maybe the mayor was right. Maybe your friend went home." Gwen suggests. "I don't trust that mayor. Plus, there are two spaceships here. One's Orb's and the other has to be Decka's." Aria informs. "He's still here!" Orb beams. "And we have something to track him with. Which ship is yours?" Gwen asks. Orb points to his ship, and Gwen walks over to Decka's, she touches his ship, and her eyes glow pink. "Got it." She tells them.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The group gets to the mayor's house and finds the barn's door busted. Aria summons a light orb to light up the place, and they walk through. They look around and Gwen stops walking when she sees a broken cage. "I don't suppose he used to be in there." Ben says. "It's the mayor's barn. Let's find him and ask him." Gwen says and looks at Kevin. "See? I never trusted him." Aria says. "Won't be a problem finding him." Kevin says and turns to his right. "I see you hiding back there." He tells the mayor, who was hiding in the shadows with a gun. "Come on out before I have to hurt you." He threatens, and the mayor comes out and starts shooting at them. Aria has the light orb float in front of her, and she puts her hands over it, spreading them apart to create a photon shield to block the lasers. He continues shooting, but the lasers bounce off the shield. "See? This is why everybody ates politicians." Kevin says.

 Ben transforms into Goop and takes the mayor's attention away from his friends, and Gwen shoots a mana blast at the gun, knocking it out of his hands. Mayor Coleman tries running to get his gun, but Goop gets in his way, making him slip, and Kevin destroys the gun. "That's a bad idea." Kevin tells him. Goop lands behind the mayor and detransforms. Orb growls and goes to attack the mayor, but Ben holds him back. "Where is Decka? What did you do to him?" Orb asks. "Don't know how long I can keep him off you. Better start talking." Ben tells the mayor with a smile. "Okay! I snatched him!" The mayor shares. "Got greedy, huh? Decided to have your own personal gold maker." Kevin says and laughs. "Make. I'm funny." He says and looks at the girl but is met with unimpressed looks. "I don't get it." Gwen tells him. "Me neither." Aria adds. "Like make a number 2." Kevin explains. 

"Really." Gwen asks. "That's the best you could come up with?" Aria asks. "We've got a problem." Orb says, picking up a piece of meat and walking back over to the group. "Did you feed him meat?" Orb asks. "Tell me you didn't feed him meat!" He says. "What's wrong with meat?" Aria asks. "For our species, eating meat is bad." Orb shares. "How bad are we talking here?" Kevin asks. The group hears a growl and goes outside, seeing a monstrous-looking Decka. Decka growls and slams his hands against the barn, causing debris to fall. "Decka! No!" Orb shouts. Decka continues destroying the barn, making Aria raise her hand to protect them with a shield. He takes a few bites out of the barn before turning to Ben, who transforms into Big Chill. Aria, Gwen, and Kevin run after Big Chill who flies at Decka but stops when Orb stands in front of them. "Don't hurt him! He's still my best friend." Orb tells them. "We'll try." Gwen tells him. "They'll try. I'm not promising anything." Kevin tells him.

 "Of course you won't." Aria sighs. Decka tries grabbing Big Chill, who dodges his hands. Big Chill phases through his chest, and Decka freezes over, but he eventually breaks out, sending ice flying everywhere, and Gwen protects the group with a shield. Big Chill flies around Decka and gets punched into the barn. Decka growls and starts demolishing the barn, before growling and walking away.

Once he was gone, the teens ran to the now-destroyed barn to find Ben. "Ben!" Gwen calls her cousin. Big Chill flies out of the rubble and puts a hand on his head. "I forgot to go intangible." He says. "This is all because your friend ate one bad piece of meat?" Kevin asks Orb. "My people can't eat meat or we revert to our primal form, a mindless monster." Orb shares. "Is there any way to change him back?" Aria asks. "Don't have to, he'll only stay in that form as long as he keeps eating." Orb explains. "So, good news." Big Chill says. "Sure." Kevin tells him. "Give us the rest of it." He looks at Orb. "The thing is this, form is only the beginning. He's going to consume all the meat he can find. Then when he's enriched enough visonable material, he's going to reproduce." Orb shares. "Meaning?" Big Chill asks. "He's going to split into a hundred identical copies. Then they'll go off and eat everything they can find." Orb says. 

"How many times can they do that?" Big Chill asks. "Ever wonder what happened to Mars? It used to be called, the Popcorn Planet." Orb shares, shocking the group. They stare at the cornfield before running into it. "Careful!" Orb tells them. "One wrong step and it could be your last." He says. "What? Don't step on the gold?" Big Chill asks. "Gold is what happens when we eat popcorn. In that form, his waste is uranium 1412." Orb shares. "Unstable radioactive poop?" Kevin asks. "Yes! So whatever you do, don't step in the uranium." Orb warns. The teens run into the cornfield with Aria and Gwen making platforms to run on. Kevin who was running on the ground doesn't watch where his feet are going and accidentally steps in the radioactive poop causing an explosion and sending him flying. From then on, he lands on poop, sending him flying. 

Gwen, finally deciding to do, something makes a platform for him to land on. "Are you hurt?" She asks. "No, I like being blown up." Kevin says and Gwen releases the platform, making him fall onto the ground. They hear a roar and look ahead. "I thought he was going to look for meat. That's a power plant." Big Chill notes. "Ooh, bad." Orb says. Decka touches the power plant and absorbs the electricity. "He's absorbing the power. Once he's got enough energy, he's going to divide!" Orb says. "I got an idea. Ari with me." Big Chill holds his hand out to the girl. Aria raises an eyebrow but takes his hand, and he pulls her close to him and flies to the power plant. He drops her off on the roof and phases into the building, and she jumps through a vent. Once she is inside, she lands on a platform and finds Big Chill freezing the reactor, and she joins in freezing the other one.

This leaves Decka with no power to absorb, angering him. He growls and begins eating the power plant, just as Gwen, Kevin, and Orb arrive. "We cut off the power, but it's still hungry. Now what?" Gwen asks. "Get me close enough to talk to him. Maybe I can reason with him." Orb tells her. Gwen makes platforms for Orb so that he can get closer to his friend. "Decka. It's me, Orb. I know you're in there. This isn't you. The meat has poisoned your mind. I know my best friend is inside fighting to take control. Please fight it. Fight it and we can go home." Orb tries convincing him, but Decka tries eating him instead. Kevin makes a sharp rock from his hands and slams it against Decka's hand, making him release Orb, and Gwen pulls him to the ground. "Do you have any other ideas?" Gwen asks. "Yes. Evacuate the planet." Orb says sadly.

 Big Chill flies out of the building with Aria and places her on the ground. "Your species isn't supposed to eat meat. What else can't you eat?" He asks. "Uh, some heavy metals, lanthanides, fluorine, silicon, chicken nuggets." Orb lists. "Back up. What about silicon?" Big Chill asks. "Silicon? It's poisonous." Orb shares. "Okay. Whatever happens, stay back." Big Chill says and transforms into Echo Echo. He runs to Decka, multiplies, and uses his sonic screams to get his attention. Decka eats some Echo Echo and the group stares in shock. "Bite me!" Echo Echo says over and over as Decka eats his clones. "Oh, I get it now. Sonorosians are made of silicon." Aria notes. Decka's stomach growls and he falls to his knees gagging. The Echo Echos use this as a chance to climb into his mouth making him even more sick.

 Unable to hold it in anymore Decka throws up everything he's eaten, and Echo Echo detransforms. "That was different." Ben says, and the group cringes in disgust. Decka shrinks back into his original form, and Orb jumps excitedly before running to his best friend.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

They were now back at the cornfield with the now tied-up mayor. "You're going to be fine." Orb tells his best friend. "Sorry that this happened. We'll make sure the mayor is punished." Ben says. "Your whole worthless planet should be punished! Come on, Orb." Decka walks away with Orb and climbs inside the ship. "I'm telling everyone. We are never coming back to this dump again!" Decka says and closes the hatch to his ship, and they fly off into space. Ben and Aria lead the mayor to the car, giving Gwen and Kevin some alone time. "Are you mad at me?" Aria asks. "What? No. Why would you think that?" Ben asks, confused. "You've been avoiding me all day except for a couple of minutes ago." Aria explains. "No, I could never get mad at you. I was just curious about the aliens." Ben tells her. 

"Oh, thank goodness." Aria sighs and leans back in her seat. Ben smiles at her and leans into the front seat to honk the horn, interrupting Gwen and Kevin's moment. "Come on, Mr. Smoothy!" Ben tells them and Kevin scowls at him, but walks to the car and Gwen stares at the locket Kevin gave her.

Just so you guys know I'm gonna start leaving Julie out of stuff unless it has something to do with Ship or her being in danger so I'm leaving her out of the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 6.3K 38
It started with an alien device did what it did
33.2K 1K 22
Nova is an alien, a hybrid to be precise. She always knew of her alien heritage. who knew after meeting Ben would there be countless adventures, batt...
32.7K 589 100
Gwen Tennsyon is hoping to survive the summer away, locked into a road trip with her grandpa max and cousin ben. However when an alien device does wh...
4K 185 49
When Ben Tennyson, his grandfather Max, his cousin Gwen and his best friend Paige Swan go on a trip for the summer, they never expect anything unusua...