Rhythm Of Heart: A Dance Of L...

By Blossom_words

Dance. Study. Music. These three things were the center of Gaurangi's life. Everything was good in her life u... More

Introduction
Prologue
x Enemies to lovers x
1(Adventure deprived Ass)
2(Entering Like A Thief)
4(Free tickets?)
5(Shorty)
6(The Train)
7(The Swings)
8(Double mishap)
9(The setup)
10(Hugs and cuddles)
11(A group of Tease)
12(Rcb vs Csk)
13(Him again?)
14(Run Gaurangi Run)
15(Twisted day)
16(The ball)
17(The final Competition)
18
19(End or just the start?)

3(You are the best)

18 6 19
By Blossom_words

GAURANGI'S POV 

"Now mam's silence is scaring me as much as her stare does" Yati whispered in my ear to which I nodded. We were practicing our dance when Mam silently came and ordered us to sit in front of her, now it's been fifteen minutes and she hasn't spoken a word to us. 

Everyone else was also getting restless, So Being the captain of our team, I gathered up the courage to ask Mam about the sudden situation. Before I could open my mouth, Mam motioned her hand towards the door in a calling manner. "Who's there at the door?" I whispered to myself. I looked at the door and my brows ceased in confusion. "Class, They are the new students of this class. I'll leave the introduction part to you all" Mam said to the class, but the way her eyes lingered on me, I understood she wanted me to take the responsibility of these to new comers. 

"Mam is this the surprise you were talking about?" Rishita asked "I didn't say anything about Surprise right now, Did I? Let's get this over with and then we can jump onto that topic" Mam said leaning into the chair with her legs over one another. 

As the door creaked open, two figures stepped into the room. Both of them carried an air of mystery and dominance. They walked with the confidence as if they owned the place, but their eyes polite as a student should have for his teacher. 

The brown haired boy, with his lean frame and an easy smile, started the introductions. "Hey everyone, I'm Satvat Mishra. Originally from India, but New York has been my home for quite some time. I'm looking forward to exploring the vibrant culture here and, of course, dancing my heart out with all of you."

Abhinav, exuding confidence and a touch of mischief, followed, "I'm Abhinav Sisodia. Born in India, raised in the Big Apple."

The room buzzed with whispers and exchanged glances as the new boys took their seats. Mam, sensing the need for order, motioned for everyone to settle down. "Alright, everyone, let's give a warm welcome to Satvat and Abhinav. They'll be joining our class for the next two months."

The black haired boy, what was his name again? Abhinav. To say he is handsome would be an understatement. He has black wavy hair that reached till the back of his neck. His face sharp as knife, his jawline, cheekbones, his eyes. Oh! His eyes. Haye rabba, in ankhiyan ne to mainu maar hi dena hai. His eyes were honey colored and shone brighter than anything under the rays of sunlight. He was wearing a black kurta paired with black jeans and a black watch in his hand. God does he love black that much? He had a lean and athletic build, standing tall and confidently. His broad shoulders and toned arms were a testament to his commitment to fitness And his height. I think he's almost a foot taller than me. 

(Translation - Oh god, these eyes will surely kill me )

I felt a slight push on my shoulder and then I realized that Mam was calling for me.  "Gaurangi, come here for a moment."

 I approached mam and bowed my head in respect. Mam chuckled a bit, "Who took the whole attention of our miss. captain?" "I-I am sorry mam, No one" I bowed my head, my cheeks turning red in embarrassment. 

 She gestured toward the new boys, "Satvat, Abhinav, meet Gaurangi. She's not just our most skilled dancer but also the captain of this talented group. And, Gaurangi, considering your prowess, I'm entrusting you with the responsibility of guiding our new members through the ropes. Show them what makes our dance family extraordinary."

What? Well I guessed it right, from they way she stared at me before, I knew she wanted me to take the responsibility. I nodded with a welcoming smile. "Absolutely, Mam. Welcome to the team, Satvat and Abhinav." 

The atmosphere in the dance studio crackled with anticipation as Gaurangi led Satvat and Abhinav into the heart of the class. The students' eyes followed the trio, sensing a shift in the usual rhythm.

I led the two to the practice room of our class with other students. "So, what are you both exactly doing here for only two months?" Yati questioned crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, to be exact we came to visit our childhood country, but here my bestfriend who is obsessed with dancing wanted to join some classes to use him time wisely. That leads us here" Satvat said leaning on the wall matching Yati's position who just raised her brows. 

I looked at him and then the other boy but found him already looking at me. I looked at him waiting for him to say anything, but he just move a foot closer and smirked at me. God, I was not wrong about him being a foot taller than me. But I am 5"5, does that make him 6"5? Is that even possible? Suddenly Someone cleared their throat, and clapped their hands. I turned and saw Rishita signaling at me to start the dance. I nodded and went towards the music system. 

I turned to Abhinav and Satvat. "Okay, guys, find yourselves a spot. We're about to start the routine we've been practicing."

Abhinav put his hands at the back and leaned down to match my height. . "Hope you're ready for some competition Miss. captain" The deep voice, the honey colored eyes, the stare. Wait what? What did he say? "What do you mean?" I asked my brows furrowed. He went back to standing straight, the smirk adoring his face again. 

"Ready to have some competition Miss. captain?" He said again, but this time loud enough for everyone to hear. "Oh please, You will give competition to our Gaurangi? Impossible. They way her body moves, you could only dream of it" Yati said rolling her eyes. "Dreaming about her body? Why not" Abhinav snickered looking at me with that ugly smirk. God yati why did you have to say that. 

"Oi, can you at least stop being a pervert between ladies. Be a gentlemen dude" Satvat scoffed rolling his eyes. "Le-ets just start with the dance. I suggest you both stand at the back to learn the moves" I said motioning them to the back. 

As the class commenced, I led the routine with precision. I closed my eyes, letting the music guide my movements. It was an intimate connection, a dialogue between my body and the melody. The moments my eyes opened, they locked gaze with those honey colored ones. 

The honey-colored eyes bore into mine, a silent challenge exchanged in that momentary connection.

 Abhinav, standing at the back, mimicked the steps with an ease that hinted at his natural talent. I stopped in between to look at everyone's steps and movements. I noticed the two boys trying to mimic the steps. They way Satvat was moving his body caused me to laugh internally. He didn't look like he ever danced. 

The routine came to an end, met with applause and smiles from the class. As the room settled into a post-dance glow, Abhinav sauntered forward with that smirk still playing on his lips. "Not bad, Miss Captain," he remarked, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Seriously, forget about his handsomeness. He's such an egoistic, full of himself person. 

I met his gaze, my own eyes narrowing slightly. "We're not here for compliments. Let's see if you can keep up with the pace when the routine gets complex."

Abhinav chuckled, a sound that carried a hint of confidence. "Complex, simple—it doesn't matter. I'm up for the challenge."

I glared at him, and crossed my hands. "Say everyone, shouldn't the newbie show his moves to us?" I asked and saw everyone nodding their head. I smirked at him and motioned my hand at him, "The stage is yours, don't make a fool of yourself" snickering I went and sat at the corner of the room. 

He went to the center and bowed at everyone, then he looked in my direction and winked at me. My eyes went twice their original size. Is he for real? I looked around to see if anybody noticed, fortunately none of them were interested in the boy's eyes like I was. Ok Gaurangi, what the hell? 

And then began the breaking of my own bloated ego, (which was of course smaller than his). My lips parted slightly at his moves. He had a certain grace in his moves, that probably my teacher searches in me and I clearly lack in it. The way he moved, they way his expressions spoke were louder than any of words could. And then came the bingo move. He did the most difficult stunt of Bharatanatyam, that even I couldn't master till now. I gulped when his eyes met mine for a fraction of second. His Aramandi was perfect, it seemed as if his height has decreased by half.

At the moment, I don't know if he was dancing or slowly stealing everyone's breath. I don't know about others, but my breath was surely caught in my throat. And then he ended his dance with the dharti pranam.  For a minute the whole place was silent, but he didn't lose his demeanor, He stood with same confidence and little smirk on face as he did before. 

And then the sound that echoed in the studio, has never echoed like this before. I casted my eyes away from his, and clapped my hands silently. 

"That was such a graceful and amazing dance performance" We all turned around and saw Mam standing there with a small smile on her face. Abhinav bowed at her. "Everyone I wanted to inform you all about the new upcoming dance competition. It'll be held on a national level and I want you all to take part in it" And there mam dropped the bomb on us. 

Everyone sat there in shock, National level competition? Are we capable of it? I looked at her and the way her eyes shone, I knew something more was coming. "The twist is, you all have to perform in partner." There I knew it, there was something more challenging that the National level competition. "So mam we can partner up ourselves with each other?" Rohini, another student asked raising her hand. 

"Dear, you know what kind of partner I am talking about. It'll be a male and female partnership dance." Mam said sighing, "Well you all pack up, That's it for today. Everything else will be discussed day after tomorrow" Mam said and walked away. 

I sighed, sitting on the ground and untying my ghungroos. Suddenly, there was a shadow of someone above me. I looked up and saw that boy hovering at me, with that stupid smirk on his face. "Say what now? Making a fool of myself huh. I guess everyone's reaction proved you wrong" He snickered now sitting on his toes facing me. I scoffed putting my attention on untying my ghungroos, which at the moment were not at all cooperating with me. "Tell me from how long are you learning dance that you don't even know how to untie your ghungroos?" He looked at me with those judging eyes that I hate a lot. 

I hate those people who have to judge people even on their smallest of actions. I ignored him again, and untied my ghungroos, which had their joy of getting me embarrassed, and finally cooperated with me. "So, Miss. ignoring, Did I succeed in impressing you?" He asked.

I breathed in and out and then finally looked at him. "You were amazing out there, your dance moves are really nice" I said wanting to get rid of him. "More than you also?" "I am sorry what?" I looked at him with raised brows. "I mean. I am a better dancer than you, right?" And again he smirked. I gritted my teeth and walked out of the studio, I can't tolerate that shit ass smirk of his. 

                                                                        *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Seriously, It was his first day and he acted so cocky and disrespectfully. God, doesn't he have some shyness in him that it was my first day, I should be a little polite? No, No, He had to be all boastful about himself and make me look like a fool" I ranted about today's incident to Maa who was listening to me while cutting the vegetables. 

"Do I need to beat someone?" Raghav said sitting beside me and slinging his arms over my shoulder. "Na bro, why do you always think of beating only?" I asked looking at him weirdly. 

"Beta, ab har samay to sabse best bankar to nahi reh sakti na. Tumhe samajhna padega, tum kitni bhi achi ban jao, duniya me tumhe tumse acha koi na koi mil hi jayega. Aur ye janne ke bad bhi logo se dwesh karna to murkhata hai" Maa said looking at me with a smile on her face. 

(Translation - Dear, you can't be the best all time. You have to understand that, even if you excel at doing things very nicely, you'll find someone in this world who does it more nicely than you. And after knowing this and hating on people is just foolishness" )

"But maa, ek tameez naam ki bhi koi cheez hoti hai. Vo itna akdu aur ding hakne wala insan hai ki usse kaun hi dosti kare?" I asked snuggling to my brother's side who patted my head. 

"Dosti karne ko kisne bola, bas jhagda mat karo, aur chalo ab  ye sab band karo. Padhai karne jao tum dono ab" Maa said moving towards the kitchen. 

(Translation- But mom, there's a thing called behavior. He's such a boastful and egoistic person , who'll befriend him?"

"Who's telling you to befriend him? Just don't fight against each other. And now stop these all and go study you both")

I sighed resting my head against his shoulder. "Didi pata nahi maa ye sab kya bol ke gayi. Lekin aap usse jhagadna mat band karna, mauka aane par usse bhi uski jagah dikha dena, varna usse lagega aap apne aap ko kam samajhte ho, kamzor samajhte ho, aur duniya yahi chahti hai, samne wale ka confidence girana aur fir uska fayda uthana. Didi humesha apne aap ko best samajhna, kyuki jab koi aur aapki favorite cheez me jagah leta hai na to bohot dard hot hai"  Bhai said resting his head above mine. I looked at him with wide eyes. "Mera bhai itna bada kab ho gaya?"

(Translation- "Gaurangi, I don't know what mom just said. But never stop fighting from him, if you get the chance show him his place too, otherwise he'll thing you underestimate yourself, you think of yourself as a weak person, and the world want this only, Scare the person and then take advantage of them.  You always think yourself as the best, because when someone takes your position in the thing you love the most, it hurt very much"

"When did my brother grow up so much?")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 16.1K 41
His Peaceful life turned chaotic the day she stepped into his life. She is hiding so many secrets which can be dangerous for his clan and He will nev...
554K 3.5K 5
"𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮... 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐌𝐈�...
1M 39.8K 48
Highest Rank: 1 in romance Cover credits: GS_Stella. He was my first love but I wasn't his. He decided not to see my face ever again. So did I. "It's...
64.3K 2.7K 28
ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE which holds power in his name. CEO of NO.1 company Rathore corporation. cold and ruthless this is what he known in the world of...