Caught by the Boss

By Ancientt

A new virtual reality game launched. It allows players live their wildest fantasies and wipes their memory on... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

22

7.7K 515 120
By Ancientt

HENRY/HECTOR

I pick up my cellphone when it rings, not pulling my eyes from my computer screen. I've been busy since I left the company. Manically working and keeping myself busy.

"Hey, you're going to want to hear this. Apparently, Leila got arrested."

That gets my attention.

I've been watching Leila over the past few months. Ensuring Grace's crazy ass doesn't bother her. I've hired a private detective to track her. Maybe I'm a bastard for it, but I admitted my guilt. I warned her that I can't just walk away.

"Arrested for what?" I ask the detective as I put the call on speaker and open my texting app and contact my lawyer.

"She fought with Grace. I'm sending you her location right now."

"Good." I hang up and grab my keys.

This isn't how I expected to see Leila again after months apart, but it can't be helped. She won't spend a fucking night behind bars as long as I'm breathing. I'll dump as much money as I have to in order to make this go away. Even if I were broke, I'd break into jail for her.

I call my lawyer when there's no reply to my text and run downstairs to my car. I order them to meet me at the precinct. Then I speed down my driveway, my fingers tapping the steering wheel as unspent adrenaline builds in me.

I will ruin Grace for this. I don't need to know the situation to figure that Grace crossed a line. The woman has been circling me like a vulture, trying to find a way back into my life. She called and texted until I changed my number. She mailed me letters. I was her golden ticket and she can't stand losing me. Surely, she tried some scheme with Leila and it went sideways.

I arrive at the precinct and wait for my lawyer. I park my car as I fuss with my phone. Outside, I hear a man run up to a police officer.

"Is Leila here yet?" He asks an officer.

This grabs my attention. I step out of my car, throwing the door shut. "Who are you?" I ask the man.

He catches his breath as he sizes me up. "I'm off duty. Go inside if you need help."

Off duty? So he's a cop.

My eyes narrow. "The only thing I need is for you to explain how you know Leila."

Sirens wail, and we both turn to watch cars approach. Leila steps out first, handcuffed. She lifts her head and locks eyes on me, and then the stranger. She's stunned. Shocked to see the both of us.

I just don't fucking know why. Who is this guy?

"Don't worry. I'll take care of this," I tell her.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, but I have no time to answer as she's led inside. The off-duty cop follows her.

I call my lawyer again, needing to resolve this situation within the next ten minutes. Leila has no business being in handcuffs.

Once my lawyer arrives, we head inside for business.

It takes an hour going back and forth before Leila walks out a free woman. I had to put some dirty money under the table, but it was all worth it. I wait by the entrance for her to show up. But when she does, I don't feel the relief I had been expecting. Because she's with that man.

"Leila," I call out, walking up to her.

She rubs her forehead, sighing. I scan her for injuries and am relived when I find nothing other than smudged makeup and ruffled hair.

"How did you know I was here?" She asks me.

"Why don't you introduce me to your friend here?" I reply, staring at the male openly.

"This is Joseph," she replies.

Joseph offers his hand, and I shake it. "Hector," I reply, making sure that my grip is firm. I don't know the guy, but I don't like how he's hanging around.

I want the man gone.

"I'll go check some things out. I suppose we'll have to rain check our date?" Joseph asks, smiling at my woman.

Date? She's dating this dude? When the fuck did this start? The detective never mentioned this.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible," I interject. "There must have been some confusion. She's not available."

"Hey," Leila rasps. "Don't do this, Hector."

I keep my eyes on Joseph, who is turning redder by the second. Angrier. But what the fuck is he going to do? He might own a gun and have some cop buddies at the precinct, but I could buy any senator I want overnight. We are not on equal grounds.

"I'll text you," Joseph tells Leila. His eyes shift to me. "Sorry to hear that your company doesn't want you as it's CEO."

Oh, he wants to play?

"Sorry I've fucked your sweetheart."

"Hector!" Leila gasps, before stomping away from us and our dick-measuring contest. I follow her, confident that I won.

"Fuck off!" She says over her shoulder.

"Wait!" I yell, catching up to her. "I'm sorry, alright? I just had to make sure he didn't come back. I didn't mean to embarrass you."

Her eyes are fire as they lock on me. I wonder if they looked like this as she tossed Grace around.

"You need to worry about your own love life."

"You are my love life, Leila. I came running as soon as I heard you were here."

She squints. "And how exactly did you figure that out?"

I shrug. "I have connections in the police department. I got a call."

That's not exactly a lie.

She rolls her eyes. "Go take care of Grace, then. Your girl needs you."

I smirk. "You can't be mad at me for being jealous when you are jealous yourself."

"I'm not jealous," she grits before turning around.

"Wait. Wait. Let me drive you home."

She sighs. "Listen, I'm alright. Don't worry about me. I hope the past few months have been good to you but we don't have any business together anymore. Thank you for your lawyer. Please send me the bill and I'll pay you back, although it might take me a while."

"Let me drive you home and the debt will be settled."

She purses her lips, glaring at me like I'm impossible. And I don't blame her because I'm as guilty as charged.

"Just a drive home?" She asks.

"And maybe offer me a glass of water? I'm thirsty after hauling ass here to save you and preparing my muscles to pummel through your lover-boy."

She rolls her eyes. "Don't push it, boss." She says the word mockingly, but I cherish the sound. Because it has been months since she has been in my office, working together with me.

"Come. I'll lead you to my car."

I send my lawyer a few final texts and set my palm at the small of her back. She shudders, but doesn't jump away. That's my small victory of the night. A small step forward.

"Are you going to destroy this car like you did the other one as you sped like a crazy man?"

I chuckle. "No. I only break traffic laws to get to you. All is well now that you're with me."

She's silent after that. I open the car door for her, and she mutters a thank you. I walk around to the driver's side and pray that a tire goes flat so I have more time to spend with her.

The drive is silent, much to my dismay. She seems exhausted, and I don't want to disturb her.

I park my car and walk her up the stairs to her apartment, noting again how the area is not the safest.

"Well, thanks for the ride," she says, keeping her head low.

My eyes shift to the door. I notice it's creaked open. I gently push Leila aside and open the door. It's dark in here, but I can tell the place has been ransacked. She's been robbed.

"Wait here," I order and walk inside.

I hear her gasp as she realizes what's going on. The apartment is empty. The thieves are long gone. There's no fucking way Leila will sleep alone here tonight.

Want to skip wait times? This story is COMPLETE on www.patreon.com/ancientt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 5.7K 28
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON AMAZON!!! *Unedited first draft of Sinfully Beautiful* I have loved him for as long as I can remember. Stared at those lon...
728K 22.8K 42
แ—ฏแ•ผแ—ฉT'ี แ—ฐแ—ดแ—ฉแ‘ŽT TO แ—ทแ—ด แ—ฉแ’ชแ—ฏแ—ฉYี แ–ดIแ‘Žแ—ชี IT'ี แ—ฏแ—ฉY. Mature themes and strong usage of language Rank #2 Mature ( 02.11.2020) #2 Billionaire ( 06.1.2021 ) #1 o...
137K 9.5K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...
94.9K 6K 32
Having survived three apocalypses - as if one weren't enough! - I knew how to stay alive in a world overrun by nightmarish monsters. Going on a suppl...