The Crystal Moon Curse: Book...

By BreeRosebury

Taken as a child by a crazed werewolf, then rescued by a bear shifter, Kyra Karruk has lived a protected and... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1. Humans
Chapter 2. Bears
Chapter 3. Lycans
Chapter 4. Wolves
Chapter 5. Found
Chapter 6. Parents
Chapter 7. Quilla
Chapter 8. Viggo
Chapter 9. Awake
Chapter 10. Walk
Chapter 11. Back
Chapter 12. Decisions
Chapter 13. Bonds
Chapter 14. Leaving
Chapter 15. Road
Chapter 16. Trigger
Chapter 17. Room
Chapter 18. Cursed
Chapter 19. Comfort
Chapter 20. Power
Chapter 21. Lycanos
Chapter 22. Welcome
Chapter 23. Suite
Chapter 24. Promise
Chapter 25. Picture
Chapter 26. Safety
Chapter 27. Celine
Chapter 28. Tariq
Chapter 29. Mine
Chapter 30. Guilty
Chapter 31. Games
Chapter 32. Lessons
Chapter 33. Execution
Chapter 34. Peace
Chapter 35. Water
Chapter 36. Peace
Chapter 38. Brunch
Chapter 39. She-wolves
Chapter 40. Family
Chapter 41. Dinner
Chapter 42. Cure
Chapter 43. Question
Chapter 44. Asking
Chapter 45. Death
Chapter 46. Life
Chapter 47. Heat
Chapter 48. Betas
Epilogue

Chapter 37. Change

743 44 1
By BreeRosebury

QUILLA

"Son of a bitch," I groan as the morning sunlight burns my eyelids again. "Viggo, if you want me staying in this room another night, get some damn blinds." I turn to find the large space in the bed beside me empty.

"Viggo?" I call into the room. One deep sniff and I know he's not here.

"Seriously?" I mutter dragging myself out of the bed to stand by the window looking out across the tops of the woodlands below.

It takes me a second to realize I'm standing butt naked in front of a window before I step back and pad to the bathroom.

Memories flood my head of what happened between us last night and I can't stop the grin on my face or the flush on my skin.

The Gods be damned, Viggo is not of this earth I swear. The places he took me with his tongue and hands were otherworldly.

The heated ache still echoing through my core is both a reminder of how thoroughly I enjoyed myself last night and a demand for more. Kyra whines shamelessly, the horny hussy.

Standing naked in front of the mirror I examine myself in new light. I feel different. Warmth fills me inside, and I cling to it. The goddess knows how perfectly Viggo's attention to my needs chased away my demons last night.

I palm the mirror staring at the large mark swirling down my neck and chest. For the first time truly seeing its beauty through Viggo's eyes. It is more than his claim. It is his promise.

A quick shower does little to soothe the empty, hungry ache inside me. Once again I find my fingers descending to slip between my folds to caress my tender aching clit.

I moan aloud as Viggo's mouth on my flesh replays in my head and my hand speeds up and brings me to quick relief.

When my racing heartbeat calms, the usual embarrassment does not come. Instead, a deepening unsatisfied hunger settles in my belly and I know there is only one thing that will fill it. My hands will never be able to satisfy me again.

Feeling out of sorts, I walk into the wardrobe and blink in surprise at the array of clothing filling my side that was not there when I left yesterday morning. Not just clothing I note as I slide open a mirrored door. Shoes, belts, handbags, and a plethora of accessories that match the abundance of Viggo's wardrobe.

"Sweet cotton candy," I mutter as I run my fingers over a pale pink chiffon dress, frowning at its billowing softness.

It takes me a bit of rummaging through drawers until I find my old clothes folded neatly in a bottom drawer and pull out my jeans and a T-shirt. The new matching bra and underwear sets are too cute to pass on so I grab a pretty tame black satin set. Tame in comparison to some seriously risque lingerie with ribbons and straps I would probably choke myself trying to get on.

Dressing and heading out of the room the one thought on my mind is how the heck did Viggo manage to fit me out a whole wardrobe full of clothes and install a new security system with all the drama unfolding in the Castra. I guess that's part and parcel of being a King, he can get shit done with the click of his fingers.

"Dad!" I gasp as I exit the bedroom and find my father drinking coffee in the kitchen, "What are you doing here?" I look around not seeing Viggo anywhere and wondering how good his hearing is. Fuck my life if my father heard me masturbating in the shower I'm digging a hole to China and jumping right the fuck in.

"Viggo went hunting, he asked me to stay with you while you slept."

I hold back an eye roll as I head for the coffee pot pouring a cup and generously adding a dollop of sugar and cream before sliding onto a bar stool next to her.

"I'm not twelve," I mutter into my cup.

"I certainly hope not after last night," he raises an eyebrow, leaving me no doubt he somehow knows what happened between me and Viggo in the woods.

"Bruno," I reply, taking a long sip of delicious coffee.

"What?" he asks with a tilt of his dark head.

"My sex life is a Bruno. We don't talk about it okay?"

"I don't get the reference, but noted," he says flatly.

"Thanks. So, am I allowed to leave the suite or what?" I ask looking around the plant-filled room, happy to have shut down a seriously awkward conversation before it happened.

"Of course you can leave. You've got the access card." he points to my right palm and I realize he was locked in the whole night with me.

"Man, the security here is something else," I mutter.

"A necessary evil until Viggo kills Tariq. He is taking no more risks. You should know that in all likelihood his protective traits are going to get a little overbearing, especially since you two have progressed in your mating. Oops, wait. Bruno right." he raises an eyebrow.

I sigh and put my coffee down leaning my chin on my palm and look around the kitchen. "I guess I could make us some breakfast, I'm famished."

Sebastian rises off his chair swigging his coffee.

"No need, brunch is being prepared downstairs. Viggo when hunting for you last night. I hear it went well. The kitchen has been cooking up a storm of for you since dawn."

He pauses and examines my old t-shirt and jeans.

"Brunch is a little bit on the formal side today. It's the Luna's first meal from the Alpha's kill. You may want to change."

I grimace and grit my teeth, "I don't like the clothes in the wardrobe. They make me look like I'm thirty. I think Viggo forgets I'm nineteen."

Sebastian frowns and leans on the island bench. "I know Sofia and Calliope put a lot of thought into your wardrobe, I'm sure there's something there you could find to like." he pauses thoughtfully then continues with a tilt of his head, "Or is it more you don't like dressing up because you've never done it before."

Damn. I feel my face flush as my father manages to hit the nail on the head.

"I feel stupid," I confess putting my coffee down to look out the window. "You talk about dressing for breakfast. Well, this is what I've been wearing to breakfast every day of my life. Now I'm supposed to go into a closet full of clothes that probably cost more than Udyr's house and just know what to wear?" I throw my hands up in the air.

"I'm sorry Quilla." The ache in my father's voice catches me and I turn to see the pain in his eyes as he continues,

"If you had not been taken your mother and I would have prepared you for this transition. From the moment we knew Viggo has a claim on you we were prepared to ensure you were well-equipped to step into the role of his Luna, and yes well, Luna Queen."

He walks over and stands beside me looking out of the window. His large form and familiar pine scent imbued with the undertones of my mother's comfort me, and I feel his surprise as I lean my head against his large arm.

"I wish that had been the case. I feel so useless and stupid here. All I do is make a spectacle of myself. I don't know what I'm doing at all."

Sebastian wraps his arm around my shoulder and draws me into a gentle side hug.

"I sense you have moved further into acceptance of your mating with Viggo and that in itself is acceptance of the role which comes with a duty not just to Pack Lycanos but to all the wolves on this continent. I know this is a massive thing for you but I am here to help. You just need to ask."

I look at my father and raise my eyebrow.

"Okay, then. So if you were me, what would you wear to this fancy breakfast?" I ask.

He laughs and smiles sheepishly, "That, is your mother's territory,"

I watch as his eyes glaze over.

"She will be here in a minute." He says with a relieved smile.

Sure enough not long later there's a tap on the door. When I tentatively press my palm to the scanner it opens and Neo steps in.

Dressed in a lovely blue fitted knee-length dress with a Queen Anne neckline, perfectly set hair, and minimal make-up, she looks stunning and I immediately feel like a house elf.

"I hear we have a wardrobe problem?" she says in her usual brisk manner looking me up and down before glancing at Sebastian.

"You weren't kidding," she mutters,

"Hey," I protest with my hands on my hips and get cut off by Neo's raised palm.

Sebastian chuckles and kisses the top of my head. "I'll leave you ladies to it, I've got to get dressed myself. See you both soon."

The door closes behind him and Neo sweeps her hand toward the bedroom. "We don't have all day Cinderella, let's get to it," 

"Hardy-har-har," I squint at her seeing the amusement twinkling in her eyes behind her facade of seriousness. "You don't have to enjoy this so much," I complain.

"Indulge me," she smiles and I lead her to the wardrobe, "I've never liked playing dress up, but I think I will with you."

I feel a lump form in my throat and all my protests die as my chest constricts and I meet the softness in my mother's blue eyes. 

"Okay then. Let's play," I spread my arms wide and my heart sings a little as she laughs.

Close to an hour later, the wardrobe floor is littered with discarded options but I'm quite happy with the simple cream-colored, fitted, cotton dress falling in a comfortable skirt to just above my knees. I don't hate it and once Neo runs a brush through my mane of hair clipping it back off my face I feel presentable.

We both stare at the mass of makeup on the vanity.

"You don't have to wear it." She says with a shrug.

"Well, Viggo knows what I look like without it, so I say let's ditch this place, I'm starving." My stomach agrees with a loud rumble.

"Good idea, but we're cleaning up first. Viggo's banned everyone from the suite, even Calliope. You've got to do your own cleaning for a while."

"And here I was thinking being Queen was going to come with perks." I roll my eyes but start collecting nonetheless.

Neo snorts. "It comes with more work first."

"I know, Viggo already gave me a job to help select his next Betas."

Neo pauses as she hangs a dress. "That's an important task. Do make sure you put some time towards giving thought to it. Viggo is trusting your opinion, and he has never been one to trust easily."

Kyra wiggles inside me happily at this bit of information as we leave the room. Her pride and devotion toward Viggo is complete. I know there is no going back for me. All I can do is find my way through the path fate has set for me.

I pause as we come to the staircase. "We haven't had a chance to run our wolves together. Do you think we could do that after breakfast?"

Neo turns to me with a smile that would rival the sun. 

"Your dad and I would love that. I'm going to head back to him now, but we will see you soon." she pauses before she leaves and gives me a quick hug. "You are beautiful Quilla. It does not matter what you wear, you have the blood of Alphas in your veins, and there is nothing you cannot do. Trust yourself and Kyra."

I watch her disappear down the hall with warmth and pride in my heart. My mother is an amazing female and suddenly all I want is to be just like her.

Smiling to myself I head down the stairs to find Hector and two massive fully shifted lycans waiting.

He bows his head with a smile while the Lycans look around the room with an alertness that is unsettling.

"Good Morning Luna, you look lovely today. Alpha Viggo is waiting for you in the breakfast room. His hunt for you went well."

My face flushes and I wipe my sweaty hands down the dress skirt noting Hector's scrutiny of my attire and his approving smile.

The happiness I feel over something so trivial as putting on a dress for breakfast is disturbing my psyche but I'm fast realizing I'm on a roller coaster of a ride and the only thing I can do is hang on tight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 17.9K 23
On the morning of her 21st birthday, Neera awakens to find her mate brand marks her as the Destined One for none other than the Alpha of her pack. Sh...
1.1M 31.8K 42
***Currently Being Edited*** Due to this, please be understanding of certain changing and conflicting details. Thank you! • • • • • "Every King Needs...
181K 8.2K 37
Seventeen year old Chloe is back home and this time for good. But as Chloe spends more time in Ashburn she starts to realize that something isn't qui...
47K 1.2K 27
{[Complete]} small edits here and there this book is also getting rewritten so it will be better. Celeste is the first blue Wolf in centuries. She is...