Gareth Margrave's Boiling Isl...

By TheDaleyFlames

Two friends now lost from their weird enters into a mysterious one where they saw things that they thought th... More

A/n
Introduction/ Bio.
Two lying Witches and The Warden.
Witches before Wizard
We were a teenage abomination.
The intruder
Convention
Hooty moving hassle
Lost in Language
Once upon a swap
Something Ventured, Someone framed.
Escape of the Palisman
Sense and Insensitivity
The Adventures in the Elements.
The first day.
Really small problems
Understanding Willow
Grom fright.
Wing it like witches
Agony of a witch.
Young blood, old souls.
Separate tides.
Escaping explusion
Echoes of the Past
Keeping up A-fear-ances
Through the Looking Glass Ruins
Hunting Palisman
Eda's requiem
Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door
Yesterday's lie
Follies at the Coven Day Parade
Elsewhere and Elsewhen
Any Sport in a Storm.
Reaching Out
Them's the Breaks, Kid
Hollow Mind
Edge of the world
Labyrinth Runners
O Titan, Where Art Thou
Clouds on the Horizon
King's Tide
Thanks to Them
For the Future
Watching and Dreaming

Eclipse Lake

69 1 0
By TheDaleyFlames

Amity, Vilador, and Chot-San gather in the living room of the Owl House, discussing their plans to fend off an impending threat.

Amity: Vilador, have you found any information on the creature we're facing?

Vilador: I've scoured through ancient tomes, Amity. I'm afraid we're dealing with a force unlike any other.

Chot-San: [Barks, wagging tail.] We can do this, guys!

Meanwhile, in Luz's room, Y/n is lying in bed, feeling under the weather. Luz enters, carrying a tray of soup.

Luz: Here, let me help you with that.

Y/n: [Weakly] Thanks, Luz. I appreciate it.

Later, Amity and Axol join them in the room, discussing their strategy.

Amity: We need to be prepared, Axol. The creature is powerful.

Axol: I've encountered similar entities before, Amity. We can do this.

Luz and Y/n share a look, their chemistry palpable even in Y/n's weakened state.

Y/n: [Smiling] I have faith in our team, Amity.

Amity: [Returns the smile, holding Y/n's hand.] We'll get through this together.

Outside the room, Vilador and Chot-San discuss their concerns with Eda.

Vilador: Eda, are you certain you're up for this? You're still recovering.

Eda: [Chuckles] I'm feeling better than ever, Vilador. Don't worry about me.

Chot-San: [Barks, wagging tail.] I believe in Eda!

Together, the team faces the impending threat, their bonds strengthened by their shared experiences and unwavering support for one another.

Philip: After five years, I have finally found it. A power source so potent it can pierce through realms. Titan's Blood. There are old tales of lakes reflecting green trees and blue skies. The Titan's vein runs through the land. And many believe that these wild portals are created when a little of its blood leaks into the water. That is how I came here. So that is the first place I shall look. I will journey back to Eclipse Lake.
[The projection finishes. The echo mouse squeaks and scuries off as Luz seems to be drawing a picture of Eclipse Lake.]

Luz: [Shocked] I have to go to Eclipse Lake! [She attempts to get up, but Y/n, who's sick in bed, calls out.]

Y/n: Luz, don't be reckless. You're not well.

Luz: [Sighs, then hands her drawing to Eda, who starts to leave.]

Eda: [Looking down at Luz and Y/n.] All right, kids. Me, King, and Vilador will get your Titan blood if you just stay put.

King: [Jumps on Eda's shoulder.] Yes! Perfect chance to take our new powers for a test drive.

Vilador: [Steps forward.] And I will keep a close eye on our friends here, ensuring their safety.

Chot-San: [Barks, wagging tail.] I'll protect them, too!

Luz: [Smiles at them.] You guys are the best.

Amity: [Concerned] Luz, you're not well enough to go on a journey like this. Let the others handle it.

Luz: [Nods, looking disappointed.] I understand, but I still want to help.

Eda: [Reassuringly] We'll bring back some of that Titan's Blood for you, Luz. Don't worry.

Y/n: [Weakly] Be careful, everyone.

Eda: [Nods] You got it, kid. [Leaves with the others.]

Luz: [Hisses slightly, then smiles.] You guys are the best.

[As they leave, Gus flinches slightly, then continues to watch over the sick Y/n.]

Cut to the Knee, where several scouts and Abomatons are mining under the watchful eye of Kikimora, perched on an Abomaton's shoulder.

Kikimora: [Shouting.] Dig faster, scouts.

Guard Captain: Kikimora, these tunnels are unstable. Maybe we should slow down.

Kikimora: [Growls.] Not now, Captain. This could be my last chance to show Belos what I can do. And I just know that brat, Golden Guard, will try to spoil it.

Meanwhile, Axol is with Eda, King, and Amity, making their way towards the Knee.

Eda: Titan blood is the most powerful source of magic on the Isles. I'm not surprised Belos wants it too.

Amity: Well, we can't afford to mess this up. Luz is counting on me.

King: [Nervous.] I-I hope we find it before Kikimora does.

Axol: [Reassuringly.] Don't worry, King. With our combined strength, we can handle whatever comes our way.

As they sneak closer to the Knee, Axol spots Hunter, disguised as a coven scout, hiding behind a tree.

Axol: [Whispering.] Look, it's Hunter.

Eda: [Narrows her eyes.] And Flapjack. What are they doing here?

Hunter, noticing Axol, becomes alarmed and attempts to slip away, but Amity quickly casts a spell, capturing him in a jar filled with Abomination goo.

Eda: [Curious.] Well, well, well. If it isn't Belos' right-hand man, the Golden Guard.

Amity: [Surprised.] He is a lot scrawnier than I imagined.

King: [Eager.] Can we turn him into an Abomaton?

Axol: [Shakes his head.] I don't think that's a good idea, King. We should bring him back to the Owl House and question him.

Eda: [Grinning.] I like the way you think, Axol. Let's tie him up and take him with us.

King chuckles while Hunter growls. Scene cuts to inside a section of the mine. Eda bursts through a wall with a flip and lands.

Eda: [Grunting.] Did I do it? Did I go into harpy mode?

King: [Enters through the hole.] No. You just screamed "hoot" and ran headfirst into a wall of ice. Pretty funny actually.

Amity, using her staff, pushes a captive Hunter through the hole.

Hunter: You can put down your staff. I won't run.

Amity: [Bluntly.] Too bad, because I don't trust you.

Axol, who has been examining the mine, chimes in.

Axol: I believe these walls are lined with a special crystal that amplifies magic.

Eda: [Curious.] Really? That's fascinating.

Hunter: [Urgent.] You shouldn't use any magic in here. It can be dangerous.

King: [Eager.] Let's find that lake, then!

Axol: [Nods.] Yes, let's proceed with caution.

As they navigate the tunnels, Axol keeps a close eye on the surroundings, making sure they avoid any potential dangers. Flapjack follows closely behind, chirping softly.

Hunter: [Whispers.] Be careful. The walls can amplify your voices as well.

King: [Whispers back.] Thanks, Hunter. I didn't know that.

Axol: [Nods.] Good catch, Hunter. We must remain vigilant.

Amity: [Sighs.] Let's just keep moving, everyone.

With Axol's guidance, the group successfully navigates the treacherous mine, avoiding the traps and pitfalls.

Eda: [Excited.] We made it! Look, there's the lake!

King: [Awe-struck.] Wow, it's beautiful!

Axol: [Nods.] Yes, and be careful not to touch the water. It's infused with Titan's Blood and could have unpredictable effects.

Hunter: [Gasps.] The crystal! It's here!

As Hunter reaches for the crystal, Flapjack uses its powers to levitate the crystal, and Axol skillfully secures it in a containment box, ensuring their safe return to the Owl House.

Back at the Owl House, the four caretakers are in the living room: Vilador's reading a book, Chot-San the corgi is snoozing on the couch, while Willow and Gus are sitting at the table.

Gus: Vilador, are you sure Luz and Y/n need complete silence to recover?

Vilador: Yes, quiet and rest are essential for their recovery.

Chot-San: [Wags tail and yawns.]

Willow: [Nods.] I think we can keep them entertained without making too much noise.

As they brainstorm ideas, Vilador comes up with a plan.

Vilador: How about we draw them a story? It is a silent activity, and they might enjoy the visuals.

Gus: [Excited.] Yes, and I can use my new color pencils!

Chot-San: [Barks in agreement.]

Willow: I'll make some popcorn to go with the story.

Together, the caretakers create a beautiful, silent story for Luz and Y/n to enjoy, taking care of them as they rest and recover.

Cut back to the mine where the group marches on, with Axol joining the conversation.

Eda: You know, Luz told me about a trip to Latissa where she met someone very interesting. A beat-up blonde with no magical powers. She called him, and these are her words, "a bad but sad boy".

King chuckles while Hunter looks away, slightly embarrassed.

Eda: A beat-up blonde with no magical powers. She called him, and these are her words, "a bad but sad boy".

King bursts out laughing as Hunter turns pink.

Hunter: [Angrily.] If I ever see that human again—

Amity: [Points at Hunter.] Watch it.

Hunter: At least I'm not delusional enough to think I can turn into a harpy.

Eda: [Pauses and turns around, narrowing her eyes at Hunter.]

Axol, noticing the tension, steps forward to mediate.

Axol: Let's all focus on the task at hand. We're here to find the Titan blood and ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

King: [Nods.] Yes, let's work together.

As they continue, they notice the scouting party has stopped.

Kikimora: Why are we stopping? Is it the Golden Guard?

Guard Captain: No, ma'am. This is a dangerous area. We need to move carefully.

Kikimora: [Raving.] Careful takes too long. My butt is on the line, and so help me, Titan, if you ruin this, I will throw you off the tallest peak of the Knee with a smile!

Eda: [Watching in pity.] Oh, that poor girl is going through something.

Amity: She's also blocking the path to Eclipse Lake.

Axol: [Quietly.] Let's try to avoid a confrontation if possible.

Eda: [Nods.] Agreed.

Hunter: [Whispers.] We should create a distraction.

Eda: [Loudly.] We should create a distraction! You kids wait for my signal. [Runs off with King.]

Axol: [Steps forward.] Let me handle this. [He summons a magical barrier, shielding the group from Kikimora's sight.]

Amity: [Whispers.] What are you doing?

Axol: [Smiles.] Trust me.

Axol approaches the scouting party, his hands raised in peace.

Axol: Greetings, esteemed colleagues. I am Axol, an emissary of the Emperor Belos. I have come to seek his most prized treasure, the Titan blood.

Kikimora: [Suspicious.] Why should I trust you?

Axol: I have come alone, without any weapons. I only wish to fulfill my mission and return to Belos.

After some negotiation, Kikimora allows Axol to pass and retrieve the Titan blood, ensuring the group's safe journey to Eclipse Lake.

Back at the Owl House, Luz and Y/n are lying down in the living room, with Vilador and Chot-San keeping them company.

Luz: [Whispers to the echo mouse.] Little mouse, Owl House, cozy dreams... [She taps the echo mouse's head, and it starts showing the rest of Philip's diary entry on Eclipse Lake.]

Philip: My journey to Eclipse Lake has been a success, and yet, a tragic failure. The tunnels were filled with a substance known as Fool's Blood. It signifies a decaying vein. I was lucky to get out alive, my companions were not.

[The projection ends.]

Luz: [Gasps.] Oh no. I gotta warn them. G-Gotta call.

She tries to reach for her game device, but finds out it's not within her reach.

Luz: Guys! [Tries to call out to Vilador and Chot-San.]

Vilador: [Gently.] Don't worry, Luz. We're here to help.

Chot-San: [Barks and wags his tail.]

Vilador: [Grabs a feather quill and paper.] Let's write a message to Amity.

As they work together to write the message, Y/n tries to sit up, feeling a little better.

Y/n: [Weakly.] I'll help.

Chot-San: [Barks and brings over a blanket, covering Y/n as he lays back down.]

Luz: [Smiles.] Thanks, guys.

Together, they write a message to Amity, warning her about the Fool's Blood and the dangers of their mission, making sure that everyone is safe and sound.

Back in the mine, the Abomaton catches the fireball.

Kikimora: There's someone else in the tunnels. I bet it's him. Find him!

The coven scouts and the captain run ahead. Kikimora finds Amity's device and picks it up.

Axol: Amity, can you hear me?

No response.

In the tunnel, Flapjack keeps trying to sit on Hunter's shoulder.

Hunter: Hey. Find a different perch, bird.

Amity and Eda gasp. They've found dark blue orbs.

Eda: Is this Titan's Blood?

Amity: [Looks at the map.] But Eclipse Lake is farther ahead.

Axol: Be careful, Amity. I'm on my way.

King: Who cares? We did it.

Hunter: Stop! That's Fool's Blood. Don't touch it.

Eda: Oh, so you can keep it all for yourself? [Scoffs.] Hard pass.

Eda cracks open Fool's Blood, which cracks the floor. Eda chuckles nervously.

Eda: Huh?

The crack on the floor widens, and Eda and King fall into it, screaming.

Axol: Amity, can you hear me?

Amity: [Struggling to get up.] Axol, I'm here, but I'm trapped.

Hunter: Wait. Take me with you!

Amity hesitates.

Amity: Fine. [Unties Hunter.] So, where will you go now?

Hunter: Now... [He knocks Amity down, causing her to scream, then grunt. He hops in a minecart.] ...I get to Eclipse Lake before anyone. Byeeeeeeeee!

Axol: Amity, I'm almost there. Hold on!

Kikimora: [Evil chuckle.] We found our little fire starter.

Axol arrives just in time to see Kikimora's Abomaton turning into a minecart.

Axol: Kikimora, stop!

Kikimora: [Laughs.] Sorry, Axol. I can't resist the thrill of the chase.

Axol: [Determined.] I won't let you get away.

The chase begins as Axol rushes after Kikimora, ready to stop her from reaching Eclipse Lake.

Meanwhile, Amity struggles to get out of the crack with her game device nearby. She manages to catch it before it falls deeper.

Amity: [Whispers.] Thanks, Luz. I won't let you down.

Back at the Owl House, Luz and Y/n are lying down in the living room, with Vilador and Chot-San keeping them company. Vilador notices Luz's worried expression.

Vilador: Luz, what's wrong?

Luz: [Nervously.] I had a vision of Amity getting captured by Kikimora.

Vilador: [Serious.] We have to help her.

Chot-San barks in agreement.

Y/n: [Weakly.] I'll help too.

Luz: [Smiles.] Thanks, guys. We have to save Amity.

Determined, the group prepares to head out and save Amity before it's too late.

Amity: [Climbs up.] Guys, you're okay.

Eda: Oh, just barely. Owlbert's knocked out, so we can't fly.

Axol: Allow me to help. [He places a hand on Owlbert's side, and the creature's eyes return to normal.]

King: I'm just, like, throwing it out there, but this would be a great time to bring out Harpy Eda.

Eda: I don't know how! I've tried yelling at it, scaring it.

Axol: Eda, perhaps it would be helpful to try communicating with Owlbert. I've found that animals often respond positively to kindness and understanding.

Eda: [Nods.] You're right, Axol. I'll give it a try.

[Eda closes her eyes and speaks softly to Owlbert, who gradually transforms into a Harpy, allowing Eda to fly again. Axol keeps a watchful eye on the creature as they make their way to Eclipse Lake.]

King: I can't wait to see a real life minecart chase.

All: Huh?

[As they approach, they find Kikimora unconscious, and the scouting party's minecarts have crashed. Amity reclaims her staff and spots a sign marking the entrance to Eclipse Lake.]

Amity: [Points.] There it is!

[Eda flies towards the tunnel, but an Abomaton grabs her by the leg. Axol rushes to her aid, using his powers to distract the creature, giving Eda the opportunity to shake it off and fly towards the lake.]

Harpy Eda: All right, Owl Beast. Let's see what we can do!

[Together, the group faces the challenges ahead, with Axol by their side, providing support and guidance every step of the way.]

Harpy Eda flies above the captain, and performs a drill spin on her. Axol assists Eda, using his powers to keep the rest of the scouting party at bay. Amity and King reach Eclipse Lake. Amity checks the map (sporting an image of Luz in the lake) and lowers it to look at Hunter digging with a puzzled expression.

Axol: Be careful, Amity. We don't know his intentions.

Hunter: [Resigned.] Don't worry. I won't pick a fight. There's no Titan Blood.

Amity: Then why are you digging?

Hunter: [Slightly unhinged.] Oh, it's simple really. Belos needs Titan blood to make a new portal key. Can't get to the Human Realm without it!

Axol: Be cautious, Amity. That sounds like a trap.

[Amity clutches the key, which she brought with her, as a sense of worry settles in her heart.]

Hunter: Since I failed my last mission, I thought, "Hey, a chance to make up for it!" But I can't go back empty-handed! [Laughs hysterically.] Not again. Long story short, this is my grave. [Happily.] Want me to make you one too?

King: This is really bumming me out.

Axol: Let's all stay calm and think this through. We can't let our emotions cloud our judgment.

[Hunter sadly groans as he gathers dirt on his head. Amity kneels near him and once Flapjack notices her, he flies onto her shoulder.]

Amity: You know, you were right. We do have a lot in common. I grew up thinking everything was an opportunity to justify existing, but there are people out there who won't make you feel worthless. You just have to let yourself meet them.

[Amity reaches out her hand to Hunter. He looks at it only to notice the portal key. He gasps and slowly gets up.]

Axol: Amity, be careful. We don't know if we can trust him.

[Amity ties Hunter up but he makes a few escape attempts before succeeding. He fires several energy blasts from the air, causing Amity to dodge using her staff. Axol uses his powers to shield Amity and King from the attack. Hunter appears behind Amity but Axol steps in, creating a magical barrier to protect them. Amity and King work together to subdue Hunter, combining their powers to bring him down. In the end, Amity manages to make a spell circle to summon an abomination behind Hunter that envelops him. Amity gets on her staff to put some distance between them, grabbing King along the way. However, Hunter manages to escape by going underground and punching them with a stone fist sending them in the air. King lands with his horns lodged in a vein while Amity lands using her goo. Hunter appears behind her again.]

Hunter: You really wanna help? Then give me that key!

[He uses his staff to yank the key away, but Amity grabs it as Hunter pins her arm to the wall, with her keeping a goo spike at his neck. The two glare at each other, Hunter panting.]

Axol: Amity, be careful. We don't know if we can trust him.

Hunter: [Worn out.] Listen, you're strong, and I'm tired. If this continues, you'll probably escape, but here's the thing: We know where to find you—and your human.

Amity: [Gasps.]

Hunter: So... just hand over the key.

[Amity squeezes the key so hard, a crack is heard.]

Axol: Amity, don't let your emotions overtake you. Think about Luz.

Amity: [Defeated.] Fine. Just stay away from Luz.

[Amity drops the key into Hunter's hand. Axol, Amity, and King then make their way back to the Owl House,

Amity says nothing as he flies out on his staff. Harpy Eda flies in, with Axol following close behind.

Harpy Eda: Ha-ha. Yes. I heard fighting. I'm ready to go. Where's that nerd?

She sees King trying to get out of his position while Amity sits on her knees wearing a grim expression. Vilador and Chot-San are tending to Luz and Y/n, who are both recovering from the effects of the mushrooms.

Harpy Eda: Oh. Dang it.

Cut back to the Owl House, where Luz has fallen asleep.

Luz: [Snores.] Huh? [Sits up, pillow falls off her head revealing several mushrooms on it, pats face.] I feel great. [Sees and touches the mushrooms.] I wonder if this is permanent. [Gasps.] I gotta find everyone.

Luz charges out of her room shaking off the mushrooms only to bump into Willow, the bowl of soup she's carrying flies up and is caught by Hooty.

Hooty: Safe!

Steam rises from him, which causes Gus to cringe.

Luz: Have the others returned?

They run to the living room, where King and Amity are trying to pull Eda through the door as Ghost walks off with Owlbert on its head.

Harpy Eda: Ow, ow, ow! Just get an elixir. I got into harpy mode and now I can't get out.

King: [To the kids.] She also ate, like, nine voles on the way home.

Harpy Eda: Hey, I had to keep up my end of the bargain.

Axol: Eda, let's get you to the kitchen and find you a potion to reverse this.

Chot-San: [Barks, wagging tail.]

Y/n: [Groggily.] What happened?

Luz: [Happily hugs Y/n.] I'm so glad you're okay!

Y/n's look of surprise turns into a blushing smile.

Y/n: Me too. [Hugs Luz back.]

King: No King hug? What is this? [Points at Amity.] You are a swindler and a thief!

Luz: Come here, buddy. [Hugs King tightly.]

King: I regret this!

Harpy Eda: [To Amity.] Do you wanna break the news or should I?

Amity: News?

Harpy Eda: [Counts off.] The empty lake, the Golden Guard, losing the portal key. [Scoffs.] Today was a disaster.

Amity: Actually, we might be okay.

Amity looks at her glove now stained with Titan's blood.

Axol: Wait, Amity. Let me see that.

Axol analyzes the blood and looks up with a hopeful expression.

Axol: Eda, bring me some ingredients for a potion. I think I can create something that might help us.

Together, they work on a solution, combining their strengths and knowledge to find a way to turn the day around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 12 6
Three friends get stuck in a story where fairies exist but are not what they seem. Using bugs to their advantage to do their dirty work. Two of the f...
41.3K 504 21
You and Luz have been best friends ever since you first moved to her neighborhood By middle school You develop a crush on her but you just can't sum...
48.8K 972 54
After confusing a dangerous monster for a real wizard, Luz is left a little depressed with how gullible she's been. So after walking aimlessly throug...
143K 4.9K 25
★~--•--~★ 𝐀 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬. 𝐓𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞...