The Devil Is Real (Noir x Ari...

By Aestics

The devil is real. He's not a little red man with a horn and a tail. He can be beautiful. Because he's a prim... More

Prologue: The Black King
Chapter 1: The Strange Demon
Chapter 3: Titan in the Depths
Chapter 4: Meaningful
Chapter 5: Rabbits
Chapter 6: A New Encounter
Chapter 7: A Chaotic World, Tortus
Chapter 8: The Crown of the Strongest

Chapter 2: The Vampire Is Real

478 19 6
By Aestics

The room behind the sealed doors was vast. Incredibly vast, probably bigger than an entire floor of the dungeon. It was a dark, creepy place, with a single luminous object in the end of the passageway that clearly looked like a hallway. The room was probably very large to house hundreds of those same giant cyclops that guarded the giant doors. Very tall columns led the way to an incredibly wide path, and there were no other objects in sight. Noir can see in the dark like it is daytime, so the lack of light was never a problem.

"Isn't that..." Noir openly pondered as he eyed the mysterious object. It was some sort of 3D cube, highly detailed and looking very sophisticated. There was a lot of mana going off of it, too. Noir walked closer and closer in the incredibly vast path. The object clearly had something in it—encasing it? Almost as if acting as some sort of prison to isolate the object.

It was then that a faint voice called out to him. A very faint and soft one. It was probably from some young adult girl, maybe even a girl who's just reached 20 years old. "W-who's there...?" The voice was extremely weak. It was like she'd never seen the light of the day for decades, and as if she'd never been fed anything to drink or eat for who knows how long. Nevertheless, despite the softness and weakness of the voice, it surprisingly resonated in the vast room.

"Is someone... there? P-please... I..." The hoarse voice pleaded amidst the pitch-black sea of a room, where any definition of despair can be overwhelmed by numbness from the lack of hope and faith. If anyone were trapped in this room, for even a short amount of time, madness would swallow them whole. The endless darkness and absolute silence in this dark space will drive anyone to insanity.

"No way... this deep down in the dungeon? Is it a trap?" Although Noir sounded cautious, he was certainly behaving otherwise. He did not let it surprise him even. He was just that unfamiliar with this world, Tortus. He just continued on his way with the only purpose in his mind to satisfy his curiosity.

Noir stepped up the stairs that led to the luminous cube that trapped the being, until he was directly in front of it. He laid eyes to a beautiful young woman with blonde hair and crimson blood eyes. Those eyes reminded him of a rival from hell. The woman was frail-looking and had skin so pale it wasn't farfetched to call her drained to death.

The upper half of her body, beyond the breast was the only part that was exposed—poking out of the large cubic prison. Anything else, from that point on downwards, was encased like in an inescapable and unbreakable cage of ice.

"P-please..." Noir looked at her, his intentions not the slightest bit decipherable by his facial expression. She looked so tired and out of vitality that it was a wonder she was alive. It looked like it takes all her energy to even produce a single hush sound, much less speak an entire word or more.

Even so, anyone who can think with their brain and not their dick would first think this was a trap. Afterall, this floor was stacked with over a hundred floors above it. There has to be a REASON why someone was sealed all the way down here, far from the reaches of the sun and civilization, where life is hopeless. But Noir was unbothered. A true king.

"I beg you..." The girl continued with her plead, as sincere as she could to get Noir to feel her desperation. "Please... help me..."

Noir still was looking at her blankly. In front of the cubic prison, dust particles can be seen falling in the air. It was a strange and ephemeral instance of silence, that, somehow, felt even more than the girl's entire time of being sealed. It was a moment of truth for the girl. A day and a choice in which her entire life will be turned upside down. She's spent more time locked down here than her time in the surface. Surely, she was at a point where she felt the highest tension she's ever felt in her life.

The answer came. "Sure, why not," The answer was pretty chill, laidback, and overall, so very nonchalant. Noir was both prideful and whimsical. He'd do anything for entertainment or a time of fun, even if it only lasts a few centuries. He can be very unpredictable even in the underworld, so this choice of his can be called just one on a whim, rather than being part of some undercover scheme.

"Eh?" She wasn't given the right time to react. It was over before she thought it could begin. Noir simply placed one hand on the cubic prison, and it crumbled away into nothing as Noir diced it into countless other cubes.

The girl, on the other hand, can never forget the sight she'd witnessed. The sight upon which Noir was like a gallant prince in armor who came to save the princess, as they were literal prince and princess in their domains. She just witnessed a magnificent display of manliness and overwhelming strength. The sparks of crimson fiery-like energy that radiated off of Noir as he used his powers, and the bright radiance of his eyes, as well as the indomitable will that lied within; all these were more than enough for the girl to decide she wanted to have his babies. She was smitten, then and there.

•••

The crumbling prison decomposed away as the magnificent figure of the girl fell down in what seemed like slow motion. She opened her arms in delusion, thinking Noir was there, in front of her, to catch her as she fell from her three-long century shackle. Alas, that didn't work.

Thump.

The girl fell in an audible thump, and it sounded like it hurt. It probably hurt way more in heart than in body, for her delusions were slapped in the face. Nevertheless, he was indecisive. He just cut straight to the chase.

"What's your name?" He asked as he knelt down to meet the girl's eyes on equal level. "Rather, what are you?" He followed up.

"I am..." Long-story short, she was an ancient vampire. The strongest. It sounded like a typical fiction betrayal plot. She was the queen, possessing tremendous power until her own people and family turned against her in attempt to seize the throne. The shock will leave the queen powerless to resist, until she became ultimately imprisoned in the deepest pits of the abyss, far from the reaches of civilization where she will forever be kept in darkness, unable to escape.

Due to how stereotypical it was, Noir was just pretending to be interested. In fact, he'd lost track of half the words she'd said. But hey, he still had the general idea. Noir finally stood up as he kicked away the little makeshift chair he made from the remnants of the cubic prison. The girl watched him, speechless, as he straddled away farther and farther out of reach. Without turning his head back, Noir said:

"You coming or not?"

Before the girl could respond in absolute glee, she was kept in place once more.

"...!!! What...!?"

Her shackles will not just leave her unbounded, not for long and not that easily. A giant and enormous crab-like monster descended from the ceiling of the room. Due to the sheer size of the room, it was able to fit and still had time to fall before impact. But her hero was an undefeated devil from Hell, the Black Primal.

"Severance Series, End." Noir cooly chanted, as his index finger was pointed in the direction of the crab that was still falling. Time slowed down in Noir's eyes. This was the World's Eye. It was like observing a stationary world. Slowly in this hastened world, but unbelievably quick in the normal world, the End of the Severance Series sliced the crab relentlessly in an instant, dividing it into countless cubes to devastating effect. The cuts were simple, precise, and above all, deadly. The cuts were small enough that they did not pose a threat as projectiles falling from above.

"..." The girl was speechless. She was a vampire with long years of experience in combat, but this was extremely astonishing, bordering on the realm of incomprehensible. She observed as his savior walked further into the exit, not once looking behind.

She hated that.

She does not like seeing him turning his back on her. She wanted his acknowledgement. She wanted to know him better. She wanted to serve him. She wanted to stay by his side.

She wanted him.

And so, a girl's quest for love began. Behind this twisted turn of fate is a series of disasters and betrayals, centuries worth of darkness, and a future of unspeakable events.

She stood up, swaying over and over from her severe lack of nutrients and energy. She, slowly but surely, began to catch up. Nevertheless, she pushed on with sheer willpower. If she wanted to stay by his side, she'd have to at least be capable of catching up to him. Even if its not in power, but in his paths, and the unconditional support for his choices and decisions.

You see, she isn't lost. She's found her place, and it is simply him. He is her place.

(A/N: As you can see, Noir's had some slight, or probably massive changes in power and character. Yue in this story will have the appearance of her grown up version to address the inappropriate controversies.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

665K 22.6K 113
A bored Rimuru Tempest accompanies Diablo when he goes to meet with an old friend in the Netherworld. What will happen when he meets an out-of-place...
156K 3.6K 17
This is the story of Rimuru Tempest, he was the strongest being that ever existed and the oldest. he was bored because he was the only one in the voi...
119K 3.8K 103
This is a crossover where the protagonists of both worlds meet in a coincidence.
115K 3.9K 27
If you hear the word reincarnation nowadays, it is usually an untrue fairy tale of being transported into a new world and overcoming the greatest evi...