Retrouvailles

By Morusya51

Retrouvailles - a French word to describe the reunion of two people. Stories should satisfy you at the end... More

Before
A day later
A week later
In Between 1
A Month Later
In Between 2
3 Months later
In Between 3
6 Months Later
In Between 4
A Year later
In B/W 5 (i)
In B/W 5 (iii)
In B/W 5 (iv)
In B/W 5 (v)

In B/W 5 (ii)

711 40 54
By Morusya51

Karachi,5:30 PM

Amid the strange fluttering inside her heart and the numbness spreading around herself, she tried to persuade him to not go out without telling anyone the guy might have changed some but he still was the adamant annoying Fakhir and that was proved when he stopped the car only in front of an eatery they used to visit a couple of times in past.

"Jao Bhai mai to nahi aa rahi..." she jammed her feet and told her hugging her bag to herself when he was about to say something.

"Annie..." he tried.

"Uh hm..." nodding a NO she turned away from him.

"Annie...I am leaving the car you better leave as well," he told her while exiting.

"Fakhir, please don't do this...I know someone will spot us here and then." she reasoned making him prop his arm on the window of his side.

"what... Annie, what is this aur kisne kya kehna hai, aur kyun kehna hai bhai?" she sometimes didn't make any sense but he was not getting her for real this time.

"I don't know, if you want to eat something go and have but I am not leaving the car," she told him with finality.

Her answer didn't make anything clear why she was behaving like that but he had to clear a few things to her so he opened the door and took the seat beside her and then touched her arm to make her turn to him.

"Annie, I already have had a big desi lunch I can't even breathe after it, I brought us here so that we could have some time alone from the very start of this trip... At home we would again become the son and the daughter-in-law of the house, Anaya's parents and that's lovely but in the past, we could not handle it all...I don't know if we can still do it or not"

She had looked into his eyes when he touched her arm but could not maintain eye contact when he started talking, he was saying something important, something about home and Anaya, what was he saying... she had to focus, with the thought she looked up again and with a chill noticed he was now holding her hands.

When did that happen?

"Annie, let us not start as that, let's start as Annie and Fakhir...what say?" Fakhir finished and waited for her to say something but when she didn't say anything but kept staring at their joined hands, he rubbed her fingers with his thumb to get some reaction.

"Fakhir, what are you doing? We are in a public place" She looked up abruptly and tried to pull away her hands but he didn't leave making her feel his warmth. He stared into her eyes trying to understand her.

"busy somewhere else Annie, or something else is the reason..." he asked her with a glint of that mischievous smile in his eyes and she swallowed whatever she was thinking. She had been mistaken, this guy was a stranger and he was doing so many things to her or was it just that she was seeing him after a long time, she could not decide and his warm palms weren't making it any easy either.

"You used to have so many things to say back then what happened now...Did something or maybe someone make you speechless Annie..." he asked her knowing very well, that his words were tormenting her somehow but he liked seeing her reaction, he liked this new equation, he liked this new Annie.

"I'll come with you," she said still not meeting his eyes and then pulled her hands again and this time he let her and the moment she got herself back she left the car as if something suffocated her and he smiled. This was not how he had planned all of it.

They circled the car and then crossed the lane and made their way towards the entrance of the building, Annie all the while aware of his arm hovering around her, not touching but close to her.

He brought her favourite snacks and kept talking to her sometimes telling her about the things that were different in the States, sometimes talking about things he found funny there sipping a soft drink while she ate her burger.

He was trying to right everything that went wrong between them and at times when he was not looking at her she tried to admire the smiles adorning his face that were mostly absent when they were together a year ago.

"Oh, I forgot, our security in-charge Miss Faiza has sent a list to be brought to her while returning home, wait for me and I'll place the order on the counter," he told her and walked away leaving her smiling at her sister's antics.

"Annie..." she heard someone calling her and froze knowing who it was.

"Maamu..." she turned to her side seeing Jamshed making his way towards her, she knew so well someone would spot them, but now she wanted to kill Fakhir for this embarrassing situation he had put both of them together.

"aayein ,baithen na." not knowing how to handle the situation she felt it was best to invite him and let Fakhir handle it when he came back.

"No. No, I saw you are not alone...But Annie you know you are still in Fakhir's Nikaah." Jamshed in his capacity reminded her.

"Kya ho gaya Maamu?" she didn't understand what he was implying.

"Beta, you should not go out with someone else, I know your generation is different than others, you might have needed to discuss with this guy something, or

"Maamu Maamu, relax... it's not like that." she could definitely kill Fakhir for this, her uncle didn't see Fakhir's face and now he was assuming she was out with someone else.

But Jamshed didn't hear her and kept telling her about the moral rights and wrongs not even meeting her eyes Annie laughed inwardly when Fakhir came behind Jamshed and asked in gestures how come Jamshed mamu spotted them and in return, she rolled her eyes. His face changed its contours and finally settled on a bored expression before he walked closer.

"Annie, I know you are young and to get attracted to someone is ...I mean, tum samjh rahi ho na." Jamshed stammered and Annie felt bad for him meanwhile Fakhir gave an expression - what was wrong with him?

"Maamu, aap samjh nahi rahe..." she tried again.

"beta Fakhir ko achha nahi lagega..." Jamshed leaned closer, "aur vaise bhi kaun hai ye ladka."

"Arey vaah Maamu, matlab Annie agar haan kah de to aapne baat pakki kara deni hai uski hai na....batao to Annie kaun hai ye ladka." Fakhir came in front of them,

"Fakhir..." Jamshed first looked at him and then turned to Annie. "Annie, why didn't you tell me earlier."

"the chances you gave her are appreciating" he could not help the sarcasm and Annie's eyes grew big which Fakhir shrugged "And Mamu you are not to tell anyone about it," and then pointing the fingers towards themselves he clarified. " about us..."

Jamshed smiled and suddenly he was reminded of something the twinkle in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by Fakhir and before Fakhir had stopped him the damage was done.

"Just like old times na Bhanje...you and your girlfriend....hmmm" Jamshed had filled his mouth with the sandwich he already carried to their table and was quite ravishing it so he could not see the horror Annie's face developed and then tried to ease again not missed by Fakhir.

"Here went his plans of redeeming their relationship... Her oh not-so-secretive Mamu jaan had unveiled something that was best forgotten."

*****

If Annie minded the past incident she did not show it or perhaps just like him she too has learnt to control her emotions. Fakhir thought when he stared at her while she was looking outside.

They talked with Jamshed after recovering from the shock and even after they were alone, she was talking about Anaya and her little mischiefs and How Faiza had already informed her she didn't recognize Fakhir. Still, He could feel an ice was starting to frost between them.

"You go first with these bags and I'll park the car and then enter when no one is watching," he told her when they arrived home and she nodded.

"Annie, Mamu was talking about Amna...

"I know and don't worry I know that is a past thing," she told him over her shoulder and then hurried inside the door Faiza was holding for her.

*****

Karachi,9:41 PM

"Arey Bhai, usne subah hi khaya tha, bechare ko Bhookh lagi hogi, let me wake him up," The voice belonged to Ayesha he was sure.

"Amma, he is not a kid anymore, and I'll bring him or cook whatever he says." This somewhat order cum assurance was definitely Annie and he smiled.

"Annie, mera Bachha, when would you understand that is not how you treat your husband...you have to take care of your Shauhar's health and meals, Gudia." Ayesha had now started with the lectures he knew Annie was stifling her anger with.

"Amma,..."

"Kya Amma..." The soft hushings had turned into loud whispers and he oh so missed these things, he thought as he pretended to be fast asleep. After they came back home Annie went to freshen up and change, and suddenly the bed looked quite tempting to him and in minutes he was gone back to sleep, Annie found him asleep still in his jeans and jacket but not wanting to disturb him she turned off the lights and closed the door behind her and now after dinner chachi was scolding and suggesting her that she should wake him up and feed him something.

He waited till Annie had made her arguments work and let her mother leave the room and when all grew silent he kept away the sheet covering his face.

"So you would cook whatever I say...Waah Annie, itni izzat." he teased her sleepily and she turned startled.

"Allah, Fakhir, you were hearing us all the time." she narrowed her eyes and that was the time he noticed her.

She had probably taken a bath and changed into a pale pink dress, her hair was no more tied but falling freely around her face and "Did she cut her hair", she looked different in the new cut with open hair, or was it the still sleepy state he was in that was playing tricks to him, he wondered.

"No... just a few seconds ago," he looked away to not make it awkward for them. " thanks to your hush-hush talks," he added anyway.

"Achcha...sorry," she apologized genuinely and this was definitely a new Annie, he was about to mention it.

"so what do you want to eat?" she asked him turning to the side table to check the water jug unnecessarily. "we waited for you but then Badi Amma said we should let you take your rest."

"Nahi Yaar, I am still full who told them to cook the entire buffet bhai," he scrunched his nose as if he was done for life. 'I don't want anything just some water which I guess is there." he told her, then leaned to get it also expecting her to meet his eyes.

"Maama... " Anaya pushed their door, then searched for Annie who had turned to her already taking a small glance at Fakhir's smiling and inviting face she ran to Annie.

"What happened..." Annie took both her hands in her own and then asked her.

"Khala is bad..." Anaya told her and then hugged her legs.

"Anaya...aise nahi bolte and what happened? Khala is your favourite na!" Annie now kneeled in front of her and this gave Anaya to look over Annie's shoulders to the stranger sitting on their bed and for a moment she forgot her issues and eyed him.

"What happened Anaya...Did Khala scold you?" Annie asked her taking her small hand and making them walk towards the bed which Anaya protested.

"Nooo." Anaya answered and jammed her feet on the floor.

"then why Khala is bad?" Annie didn't understand the No was to not walk towards the stranger.

"yahan se chalo...neeche." Anaya mumbled eyeing Fakhir who had understood her plight and so turned to the side table for the chocolates he had brought for her in the evening.

"Anaya... don't you remember Baba, see I brought you these...don't you want it." Fakhir cooed to her not leaving the bed, giving the child the choice to come to him on her own but she didn't budge and now started hiding behind Annie still holding her hand.

"Anaya... Beta, you talk with Baba on video calls and when he is here you are not meeting him, come tell him, Salam." Annie pushed her lovingly.

"Nooo." she mumbled again leaving Annie's hand and ran towards the door.

"Anaya...what is this." Annie caught her then took her in her arms and walked towards their bed, the little girl started crying throwing her arms and legs all around Annie's petite frame, Fakhir wanted to help her but the moment made him laugh which he checked in time and shifted to the far corner of the bed to give his daughter some much-needed SPACE.

"Anaya...what is this, why all of a sudden this tantrum...haan," Annie asked her as if the three-year-old was going to understand her, the kid snuggled to her and hugged her tight and it was going to take Annie some time to calm her.

"Let it be Annie, I think she is not able to recognise me...make her sleep, I'll go and talk with Amma for some time."

*****

It had been past 11 when he walked back to his dark room giving signs that the occupants were long asleep after talking with his mother and chachi who were lounging in the garden with their cups of late-night tea.

It was so different to be sitting with them and hearing them talk about everything that happened in his absence, be it the boy from the neighbourhood going abroad, the daughter of some distant khala getting married, or Jamshed Mamu's second kid. In their opinion, the second son was way naughtier than the elder one and was keeping Nano and Aliya Mami on their toes.

After talking with them for more than an hour and denying their wishes of forcing something down his oesophagus for the hundredth time he was feeling lightheaded and all signs of sleep were gone from his eyes. After securing the latch silently he walked to the washroom.

When he came out after brushing his teeth he found the room was lit and Annie was collecting her hair in a bun, their daughter fast asleep in the middle of the bed.

"Did I wake you ?"

"No...I was not sleeping," she answered without turning towards him.

"she is so adorable...My doll," he kept the towel aside and then leaning on the bed kissed the chubby cheeks of the sleeping angel.

Annie turned with her nightwear in her hands and then saw the moment, smiling at the scene unfolding.

"This is why it is important to not stay away from your kid for long," she spoke with a smile and he met her eyes.

"True." he replied and then turned to the baby again. " soon, we'll be together." he declared in a low voice caressing her cheeks one more time.

"so how was your flight?" she asked him going towards the dresser.

"Annie, hush...she is sleeping." his eyes were not amused this time.

"Yes but now she is 3 and she doesn't wake up easily," she explained with a teasing smile.

"Oh...but still." he started in a dim voice and then walked towards the dresser and leaned on the adjoining wall. "since I was not alone this time it was good."

"Oh yes, your roommate was with you! And you told me once he had a girl back in his hometown." she wanted the talks to keep going, it felt natural to sit on the chair and talk to him while their kid was sleeping.

"Yeah, but he is mostly busy with his stuff so we don't really talk about these things," Fakhir answered her unasked question about his equation with Shobhit after the revelation of their marriage.

A brief silence followed where she mindlessly arranged her vanity and he kept staring at the sleeping kid and the surroundings.

"so what are your plans after the final year?" he asked kicking one of his feet on the floor.

"the same...job," she answered and then gradually craned her neck to him. He knew her plans then him asking it would mean he was maybe planning something.

"hmm." he said and then turned his attention back to the same opposite wall.

She wanted to ask him the thing behind this hmmm he wished to say but somehow changed his mind.

"you sure you don't want anything..." she asked him getting up from the chair.

"No...thanks, I'll complete a few things, go get some rest. It was a long day," he told her before getting his laptop and taking a seat on the settee something unsettled inside Annie's heart but without giving it too much attention she went to brush her teeth and then change into her simple cotton kurta for the night.

When she came out she found him engrossed in something open on his screen and thought not to disturb him but just before she settled beside Anaya still staring at him, he looked up.

"Ye sare intezaam mere liye the?" the same mischievous smile was playing around his lips and she knew what he was asking but she could also pretend to play his games.

"bilkul...achha laga aapko" she kept herself busy covering Anaya with the sheet and setting the pillows.

"bahut badhiya tha, Achhi lag rahin thi Aap Annie Beghum." then turning down the laptop lid he faced her completely. "I personally liked this new haircut." he teased her and found her fingers stop and a blush making way on her cheeks.

Gradually she looked in his direction and met his eyes. The words did the same strange things to her stomach and it became tough to maintain eye contact with him but she had to reply something.

"I'll thank Aiman for the haircut then," she said biting her lower lip and thanking the wits she was suddenly getting back.

He kept staring at her with a content smile and she too did once she recovered from the blush and the wits until Anaya squirmed under the sheets and they both knew they were not alone.

Before his arrival, she didn't know how would they ever be able to restart living together but the ease with which he made everything easy was maybe the reason she wanted to give themselves this second chance. It would never be easy to START a new life someday with someone else but she knew it would be easiest to ADJUST with this guy she had already known all her life.

*****

Next Day,4:20 AM

The warmth was good and she snuggled more to it when suddenly the warmth enveloped her in its arms. Her eyes shot open with the realisation of what was happening.

She was in Fakhir's embrace, his warmth from behind was shielding her from the cold room, sometimes in the night Anaya had crossed her and was now sleeping on her stomach with her face facing them but Anaya was far which meant it was her who had crossed the distance and entered into his side.

She didn't say or do anything and waited for any reaction from him, the soft breaths revealed he was asleep and she could do two things, slide silently to her side and pretend nothing happened or let him hug her just like old times when she often found herself in his embrace even when they were not in their good terms.

Contemplating for a while she let her heart win and let him keep hugging her, the soft warm breaths touching her ears were way too tempting to enjoy for a few more minutes and anyway, it was not wrong. They were way past these things once.

With these wild thoughts, she closed her eyes and it was only after nine she opened her eyes again and found the bed empty, though embarrassed for reasons she thanked Allah she didn't have to face the guy for a while.

********

Hello every one, here is this next part, hopefully you enjoyed it.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Love Morusya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 335 19
PYAAR KI DOR- Bonded with loveπŸ’ž Sequel of my story "Ishq tera Mera" You will wittness every relation Har rishte ka khatta mitha pyaar A story of a...
1.4M 74.4K 65
#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed to each other? *But both are stubborn...
78.2K 3.6K 53
A Forced Marriage. The word 'Forced' itself sounds Unpleasant. But to be forced in a Marriage is more than unpleasant. What forced marriage brings is...
8.9K 449 17
Husbandxwife Teacherxstudent He:- Oh! so it's my fault! yeah right, if I Didn't called you here everyday to "R*PE- oh sorry! F*C...