𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ! [ rhy...

De midnight_ink_

❛ a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes ❜ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "How . . ." She was at a loss... Mais

𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐑 !
𝐢. christmas cheer !
𝐢𝐢. the spring court ?
𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome , feyre !
𝐢𝐯. kitchen mishaps !
𝐯. a ride with a demon !
𝐯𝐢. the suriel !
𝐯𝐢𝐢. the truth ( sort of ) !
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. tamlin sucks at flirting !
𝐢𝐱. amarantha's first strike !
𝐱. bonding time !
𝐱𝐢. night in shining armor !
𝐱𝐢𝐢. angels and faeries !
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the solstice !
𝐱𝐢𝐯. high lord of the night court !
𝐱𝐯. family trees !
𝐱𝐯𝐢. amarantha's plaything !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. child of faerie and angel !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a sadistic genie !
𝐱𝐢𝐱. the first task !
𝐱𝐱. give and take !
𝐱𝐱𝐢. love and lust !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. upwards and onwards !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome home !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 , 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 !
𝐢. nightmares and daydreams !
𝐢𝐢. welcome to velaris !
𝐢𝐢𝐢. the city of starlight !
𝐢𝐯. pieces of history !
QUICK QUESTION (will be removed)
𝐯𝐢. drunken memories !

𝐯. rita's !

1.1K 87 14
De midnight_ink_

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝙵 𝙸 𝚅 𝙴   !

𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞'𝔰 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆. Standing above him, star-blonde hair glittering in the sunlight, was Ana, who wore a wide grin that paired well with her shining eyes. Her shadow fell over Cassian like a blanket of impending doom, leaving the Illyrian to groan at his obvious defeat.

"Give up yet?" she asked, tilting her head while offering a hand to the older faerie. 

Cassian took Ana's hand, momentarily admitting defeat. However, he gripped her hand tighter and pulled her down, flipping them so he was over her, his fist raised and ready to strike. His smile was shit-eating and his eyes glimmered with triumph . . . until he realized that Ana was still grinning like a madwoman. 

"Why are you smiling like that?" His voice was filled with nervesrightfully so, since this was his first time sparring with Ana and seeing such a look on her face. "Stop smiling like that. It's terrifying."

Ana only giggled and before Cassian could blink, he found himself landing face-first on the ground across the ring from her, his hands tied behind his back by a golden rope of magic. Through squinted eyes, he watched Ana stand up and dust herself off, looking unharmed and relaxed. 

"That's why." She flicked her wrist and the magic dissipated, freeing him. "You did good for a beginner, if I'm being honest. Don't feel bad about losing, though. My fighting style isn't easy to follow for a reason."

This time, when Cassian accepted her hand, he allowed her to pull him to his feet. The male glared at her playfully. "Using magic on me was foul."

"But there was no rule against it. Honestly, you could've used your syphon, but you didn't. Maybe then you would've won." She patted his arm, which was sore from when she twisted it behind his back earlier in the morning.

The sun was in the middle of the sky, the two having been on the roof of the House of Wind for four hours, sparring and bonding over war stories. Cassian nearly lost his shit when he found out that Ana had been in two wars already despite only being nineteen (almost twenty even though she was permanently stuck at nineteen for a long while.) He'd listened to her talk about the wars with fervor and then spilled his own stories, the two talking while fighting to better their skills at multitasking. 

Ana was surprised that Rhys hadn't come looking for her yet. She hadn't exactly told him where she was going, and seeing how he reacted the last time, she'd been expecting to hear his voice at some point. But her head lacked his thoughts.

"Next you have to put Az on his ass. I think it's only fair." The blonde hummed, nodding. "Think you could do it?"

She sent him a wink. "I beat you. Can't be too hard."

The sudden pounding of footsteps had the two turning on their heels, finding a winded Morrigan standing at the entrance to the rooftop. Her one hand was on her chest while the other was planted firmly on the railing, holding her up. Her blonde hair was a mess of curls and her tanned cheeks were tinted red like her lips.

"You good?" Ana asked.

Mor held a finger up, sucked in a deep breath, and nodded. "Yeah. Fine. Not like I just climbed up over a thousand steps because someone refused to give me a lift."

"I'm that someone, if any of you were wondering," Rhys said as he slipped out of the shadows, his usual smirk on his lips. "And I didn't refuse. In fact, I remember offering you a lift, and you saying no."

Mor stood up and crossed her arms. "Last time you flew me to this damn house, you 'playfully' dropped me into the Sidra."

Ana blinked, watching the two bicker like siblings. She pushed herself onto her toes and leaned toward Cassian. "You think they'd notice if we snuck away right now?"

"Probably not." He nudged her with a grin. "Wanna try?"

The blonde nodded and the two began to take small and soundless steps toward the edge of the roof, Cassian's wings fluttering in preparation for flight. Ana did not bother with her own wings, knowing that Cassian would fly her back to the townhouse like he had to the House of Wind. She was still unsure of how to fly, and since Rhys had said Azriel was the best teacher, she needed to ask him for help. 

They were about ten inches from the edge when something smooth and cool wrapped around Ana's waist, pulling her backward. Her eyes widened in surprise and she looked down, finding a small tendril of night encircling her and dragging her toward Rhysand, who was watching her with glinting eyes. 

"Cass! I've been apprehended!" she called, catching the general's attention.

Cassian turned, saw her predicament, and laughed. And it wasn't just a laugh. No, this male full-on bellowed, the sound echoing across the mountains as he fell to his knees. 

Ana blinked at him with her mouth hanging open and crossed her arms. She allowed the darkness to take her to Rhys's side, said male draping an arm over her shoulders. "Tried to fly off now, did you?"

"You and Mor were a bit too busy to notice. Or so we thought." She looked up at him. "Any particular reason for you dragging me over here?"

Rhys hummed. "Can I not just want you at my side, Ana darling?"

She ignored the flush of heat and the rapid pounding of her heart, opting to roll her eyes and whack his chest. "No. In fact, it's quite illegal of you to do so."

"Is it now?" Ana nodded. "Well then, lock me up and throw away the key." For I will never stop wanting you at my side.

Ana was sure she'd stopped breathing entirely. Her heart was fluttering within her chest, raging against her ribs in an attempt to leap free and land in Rhysand's arms. She had to bit her lip to keep her smile concealed and force her blush from rising up. How dare he say something like that? Did he want her to turn as red as Mor's dress?

Shut up, you goof. She ignored his laughter and slipped from beneath his arm, moving over to Mor's side. "So, why did you decide to climb a thousand or so steps this fine morning?"

Mor flipped her hair, finally seeming to have caught her breath. "I'm glad you asked. Seeing as you have been here for half a week already and we haven't gone out shopping together, I say we do so today. Spend the rest of the day going from shop to shop, enjoying dinner, and then spending the night at my favorite placeRita's."

Ana smiled. A day out with Morrigan did sound nice, and it had been a bit since Ana had gone out for drinks and dancing. She'd planned to do so the second she got back to Brooklyn, but maybe a night of mindless fun with Mor would help her relax. After all, if she was too drunk to stand, then the nightmares would surely leave her be. Right?

"Sounds amazing. I could use a night of drinking and dancing after the half a week I've had." She shot a look toward Rhys, who gaped at her. "Let me get changed and bathe the smell of Cassian's defeat off of me before we leave?"

Mor laughed. "Of course. Boys, mind giving us a lift?"

Cassian, who had stopped laughing but was red in the face from doing so, nodded and picked Mor effortlessly off the ground, taking off without warning and leaving a trail of Mor's screams in their wake. Ana turned to Rhys, who was shaking his head at the two of them. 

"So, I take it you kicked Cass's ass?" Ana nodded. "Wish I had seen it."

Ana bit her lip. "Would you like to?"

The blonde knew of Rhys's daemati abilitiesshe'd known since their first meeting. And to her, the idea of someone poking around her mind had her covered in a cold sweat. No one had been in her mind except for, well, him. After that, Ana had done well to guard her mind from all those who sought to enter it. Rhys knew this and never once attempted to enter her head, which she appreciated.

So it was no surprise to find Rhys staring at her in utter shock. She had just offered her memories to himsomething so precious and guarded. She trusted him enough to enter her mind.

By the Mother, Rhys wanted to kiss her.

"You would let me in your mind?" Ana nodded. "You trust me to enter your mind?"

She smiled gently and took his hand. "I know you won't abuse it. I know you won't go searching through it. So, yes, I do trust you."

Rhys pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, his fingers threading through hers. Ana closed her eyes at the contact, leaning into his touch and allowing that barrier in her mind to fall. 

Are you absolutely sure? She heard him ask.

Yes.

With that, Ana felt something soft and gentle enter her mind. Fingertips drenched in night and tipped with stars caressed her thoughts, sifting through them in search of her memory of beating Cassian. It felt just like when Rhys spoke to herfamiliar, warm, and beautiful. Just like him. 

The memory of her and Cassian dueling surfaced, and she heard Rhys chuckle each time she brought his brother to the ground. Once he was done, he slipped soundlessly from her mind and Ana placed the barrier back up, opening her eyes to meet his violet ones.

There was silence between them for a count of ten. Just the two of them staring into each other's eyes, allowing the sounds around them to fade into nothing. 

Finally, Rhys squeezed her hand and pulled her into his arms, his wings unfurling behind him. Ana looked at them in utter awe, still entranced by the beauty and strength they held. She could see each vein and each muscle as the sun changed them from black to golden brown. Even with her insane amount of self control, she still found herself fighting to keep her fingers from trailing along them. From feeling them. 

"Ready?" he asked, looking down at her.

Ana grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Always."

With a great flap of his wings, they were off, sailing over Velaris toward the townhouse.

⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Ooh, this one!" 

Ana turned, finding Mor holding yet another set of lingerie. This time, the set was a deep shade of black to where it appeared midnight blue, much like a male's hair she knew. Within the lace were embroidered stars made of silver and gold thread, sparkling as the sunlight hit them just right. The set was unbelievable, she had to admit, but why was Mor so adamant on her buying lingerie. It's not like Ana was sleeping with anyone soon . . . right?

"It's beautiful," Ana said, running her fingers over the lace. "But why do I need a lingerie set?"

Mor handed it to Ana, who held it gently like it would break if she handled it wrong. "A girl always needs a set of lingerie with her. Who knows when she'll need it?"

Ana laughed at Mor's suggestive wink. "I agree, but"

"No buts." Mor pressed a finger to Ana's lips. "Do you like that set?" Ana nodded. "Then we're getting it. Whether or not someone other than you sees it, you deserve something beautiful just like you."

Ana blushed. "Oh, you flirt."

"I know."

That was not the end of their shopping spree. In fact, Mor had taken Ana to a dozen other stores in the span of three hours, each time throwing an abundance of clothes and jewelry and shoes for the poor halfling to try on. With each new bag added to Ana's arms, she wondered who was paying for it all. She had no money in this world, and Mor didn't seem to be pulling money out of her ass either. So who?

"Rhys is paying for all of this, by the way," Mor told her as they left their thirteenth store. It had been a shop filled with glittering party dresses and beautiful tops, all accentuating the female body and made for each size, shape, and species. Ana had found a few items in the shop to be in her taste, and she'd also picked out some gifts for her family in Brooklyn. As if she could say no to the bedazzled suit jacket that would go perfectly with Magnus's enchanted Twinkle-Toes that he wore to fancy events. "And before you try to repay him, don't. He won't accept your money. Trust me."

Ana rolled her eyes. "Stubborn idiot," she muttered, knowing well that Mor could hear her. "And he's okay with you spending all his money?"

"Please. As if I make a single dent in his accounts." The blonde blinked in surprise. So he was rich rich, huh? "And he wanted me to take you out shopping. He felt bad that you didn't have any clothes with you in this world aside from what the townhouse stocked for you."

Ana came to an abrupt stop. "Wait, what? The townhouse . . . is it sentient?"

Mor nodded. "In a way, yes. If we ask for or think of something while in or around the house, it provides us with it. But it can't talk to us or move on its own." Ana hummed in understanding, yelping when Mor dragged her toward another store. "This'll be our final stop for the night before we head back to change for Rita's. Come on!"

The angel-fae hybrid did not resist as the faerie pulled her into the store, eyes glittering with wonder. The shop itself was not too big and it gave off a homey vibe. The shelves were stocked with different items, ranging from books to weapons, racks of clothing lining the walls and jewelry cases surrounding the checkout desk. It was much like a department store in her other worldfilled with anything and everything someone could need. 

Behind the counter was an enchanting faerie, his eyes cat-like and a panther tail flicking behind him aimlessly. Atop his head were black panther ears, and when he smiled at them, sharp canines were revealed. He reminded Ana much of one of the few Seelie friends she'd made before the wars while on a mission in the mundane world. She'd have to reach out to her when she returned, see how she was doing after everything. 

"Welcome, ladies," he greeted, his voice thick with an accent that sounded Moroccan. His deep skin glittered golden bronze in the setting sun. "Anything I can help you with?"

Mor smiled. "Yes, Mehdi. Have anything that would compliment my beautiful friend's appearance for tonight? We're going to Rita's and I want her to look more breathtaking than she already does."

Ana, who was used to people complimenting hermainly Clary and Izzydidn't blush at the flirtatious comments Mor had made. Though she did find it strange how a beauty quite like Mor was calling her breathtaking.

Mehdi studied Ana with his cat-eyes, a purr-like hum rumbling in his throat. "Yes, I believe I have just the thing." He disappeared into the backroom, returning a few moments later with a box in hand. It was thin and flat, wrapped in velvet. Definitely jewelry. "Have a look."

Ana gently took the box from his hands, taking note of the claws tipping his fingers. She opened the lid, gasping at what lay inside. 

A beautiful set of earrings stared back at her. They were gold, matching much of the jewelry she wore now, but they seemed to shimmer with a light that matched her powers. The two bases of the earrings were a star and a crescent moon, the star going in her lobe and the moon wrapping around the outer edge of her ear. Chains connected them while more fell delicately from the moon, ending in matching stars. They were beautiful and simplistic, not drawing too much attention but complimenting nonetheless. Ana immediately fell in love with how they looked, imagining them hanging from her ears and brushing her cheeks as she moved.

"They're beautiful," Ana said, meeting Mehdi's eyes. "How much?"

Mehdi chuckled. "For you, my dear, they are free." Ana opened her mouth to argue, but he stopped her. "Consider it a thank you gift for freeing our world. It is the least I can do after everything you did for us."

Ana felt her cheeks warm. She was still getting used to the thanks from the people of Velaris. When winning the wars, it was a team effort and there were not many who knew the extent of the danger, so compliments and thank yous were not common. But in Prythian, it seemed as though Ana was a hero beyond heroes, and it was taking some time to get used to.

"Thank you, Mehdi."

The panther-fae nodded. "Of course. Enjoy your night out, ladies. And tell Rhys to come visit before I die of old age."

Mor laughed. "Will do, Mehdi." She wrapped her arm around Ana and pulled the younger out of the shop and into the bustling streets of the city. "Mehdi has been supplying the High Lords with much of their jewels for as long as anyone can remember. We don't really know his age, but you know the saying about cats having nine lives? We're pretty sure it applies to him."

"Makes sense." She placed the box of earrings into one of her many bags. "So, tell me a bit more about this Rita's place you are taking me to tonight."

Mor beamed and looped her arm through Ana's, letting the girl know she was in for it.

⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

Rita's reminded Ana much of the clubs in her other worldloud, energetic, and filled with alcohol. Music rang from somewhere, people dancing sensually to it while either laughing with friends or making advances on nice-looking strangers. A bar stocked with all kinds of faerie alcohols was near the back of the club, a bartender serving those standing around it different colored drinks. There were tables scattered around the edges of the building, a few fae sitting at them and conversing. It was both wild and controlled, and Ana felt like she was back in Pandemonium with Izzy, Clary, Jace, Alec, and Magnus. 

Mor had chosen her outfit for the night: a black dress that hugged her figure and showed off all her assets decently. The top was corseted, her breasts covered in lace and no straps holding it up. The skirt hugged her hips before flowing toward the floor, two slits rising high along her waist to reveal her legs. The earrings she'd obtained that day hung from her pointed ears, her hair pulled back into a messy ponytail with pieces framing her done-up face. Smokey eyeshadow painted her lids, bright red lipstick staining her lips and sparkles dusting her cheeks. She felt badass and beautiful.

The fae beside her had stuck with her usual red, looking just as sexyif not more soas Ana felt. All eyes were on them as they entered the club, a mix of drunk and curious gazes studying them from head to toe. Ana paid them no mind, making a beeline for the bar with Mor following happily behind. She planned on getting drunk and letting loose with Mor that night. 

"Why hello there, ladies," the bartender greeted, her eyes taking the both of them in. They were very human-like, aside from the fact that the irises changed color. One moment they were purple, and the next they were pink, then green, then back to purple. "Mor, mind introducing me to your friend?"

The blonde took a seat, Ana following in her steps. "Sol, meet Ana. Ana, this is Solbest bartender in all of Velaris, if I do say so myself."

Sol blushed at the compliment, rolling her eyes. "Oh, you. Well, what can I get you two?"

Ana hummed in thought. "Get me your strongest yet best-tasting drink. I plan on getting wasted tonight."

"That's my girl!" Mor cheered. "I'll have the same."

Sol laughed and got to work, mixing an assortment of alcohols together to create a bright pink drink that smelled heavenly. She passed the glasses to the two girls, who quickly clinked them together before downing them.

The taste was sweet yet bitter, flowing quickly down her throat and warming her stomach. A mixture of flavors hit her tonguestrawberry, cherry, mint, apple, and even cinnamon. They swirled together, filling her with a happy heat that made her smile brightly.

"Another!" she and Mor shouted over the music, Sol quickly getting to work on making them another drink.

Yeah, Ana was getting drunk that night.

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 𝐒   𝐍 𝐎 𝐓 𝐄   !

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I'm finally on spring break, so I'll have more time to write, but doing original shit is something I'm still getting used to, so yeah. I don't like writing filler chapters, but this one was kind of nice for the book to show the bonding of Mor and Ana, you know? So this event has been split in half. The next chapter will show the day after, along with snippets of what had happened at Rita's with Ana and Mor. Drunk Ana is definitely gonna be fun to write!

But yeah, here's another chapter. It's not much, but I feel bad about not updating in a while. I just want to get to the good shit, but I'll have to wait. I'm thinking two more chapters of Velaris before we shift back to Brooklyn and the Institute, and that's when shit will really pick up.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this update!

Please comment and vote!

I love you all!

~ a.h.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

136K 5.5K 58
Eblis survived years of torment in the hands of Hybern, an enemy continent disrupting the peace of Prythian and the Human Realms below it. She suffer...
31.3K 630 14
|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection ⚔️ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas 🧝🏼‍♀️ || "What?" Rhys asked, frowning at Mor. She s...
205K 8.9K 86
Aoife Vanserra, daughter of the High Lord of Autumn Court, Beron, had been living safely in Spring Court since her family was taken Under the Mountai...
89.7K 3.4K 74
Feyre Archeron and her best friend had been close since they were young. They trusted each other and were there for each other in times of need. But...