That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era

858 43 16
By elite3532

3rd Pov

Trapped into a pillar of Ice, Luna's eyes were wide open...this attack's scale was beyond what she expected from Dawn.

Luna : (This ice...i can't melt it or modify it...neither can i move, what in the world is this...)

She tried to break through it but no skill worked even if her divine eyes were blocked...

Luna : (Could it be...this ice is constant subject to Rewrite ? But that would be literally suicidal for him ! The amount of information to handle at once is way too much.)

She gritted her teeth before looking down, the ground was shaking...she instantly deduced that Dawn was coming out now.

She had to get out of this ice quickly...

Luna : If I can't break through the inside, I'll just make it through the outside !

She meant her words, focusing on a combination of her skills and magic, a new meteorite in fusion with boiling magma appeared high in the sky.

She aimed it right toward the pillar she was stuck in...this cost quite a toll in her magicule but it was necessary.

And as she intended, the pillar of ice was shattered completely by her meteorite.

Luna : Tch, to think such ice existed...did he get possessed by the white ice dragon Velzard or what.

Even if she managed to get through that, her arms and legs were covered with frost, it seems her mobility will be reduced from now on.

Luna : Ugh, my mind took quite a hit too.

This truly set the score equal, until now she had the advantage and the outcome of this battle was quite obvious by any veteran fighter but now...

Everything is possible, nothing is decided yet.

Dawn : [Cross cardinal slash].

Luna : !!!

Appearing out of nowhere, Dawn sent out his fastest slash..cutting to a molecular degree, Luna got startled, she didn't sense him coming at all.

And is forced to take the slash, her reaction time just allowed her to get out with a single arm gone.

Luna : Tch, you imbued rewrite on your blade too ?

Her right arm was severed and even unique skill : Regeneration wasn't working, she tried to use Divine eyes but it immediately caused her a headache so she stopped.

Luna : (My mental and physical state aren't reliable anymore...I can't capture him alive now...)

She gritted her teeth in anger as multiple realizations happened at once.

This fight has only two outcomes...and none of them were what she wanted...either she died or he died.

Luna : Ugh...fine then, let's die together Dawn !

Dawn Pov

Where am I ? Right, I passed out after casting Frozen world...dammit, I couldn't keep up with the flux of information.

What is happening outside now ?

Dawn : Where am i...

My conscious reorganizing, I scanned my surroundings...a seemingly endless void, though the clearer my mind became, the more things appeared.

A long library with nameless books...what the hell is this ?

Dawn : Is this another skill ? A trap ? Or a mind illusion ?

I continued to look around until one of the books flew off of the shelves and stopped right in front of me.
The book then opened, hundreds, if not thousand of pages slipped in an instant before stopping around the middle of the book.

Dawn : Is it asking me to read ?

I was a bit hesitant but ultimately, I had nothing to lose...my eyes wandering slowly around the page, each letter and sentence registered in my mind.

My skin slowly paled as the content revealed itself...

Dawn : W-what...

The exact description of my fight against Luna...the decision I made, the reasoning I thought...not even what Luna did and thought.

Everything was written like a novel nook in front of me...i-is this the true face of unique skill : Author ?

Dawn : The ending...

Unconsciously, my eyes went toward the ending of our duel...

[Dawn suddenly started moving in a robotic way as if his mind was somewhere else...]

This situation is my current present, my physical body seems to be fighting in an auto battle mode, or perhaps is it something similar to parallel existence ?

My mind and body separated but still worked as a whole ?

[Suddenly, Dawn came back to his senses and fought back...but things quickly escalated, finally Dawn perished under Luna's blade...her cold eyes looked down on him, tears dwelled inside them...]

So that's the end of this fight...I lost ? I really lost ?! I-it's frustrating...knowing the future but not being able to change it.

Dawn : Wait...change it ?

I clenched my fist hard, hard enough for blood to come out...i didn't know if it was even possible as i'm not in my mind or anywhere physical.

A sort of spiritual realm beyond mindscape itself.

Dawn : Right...if you don't like a certain ending, then just change it...

This is what I always did...as a fanfic writer, rewriting and changing the story for it to fit me...

I grabbed the page tightly ripping it off...the sound echoed through the space as the ending slowly disappeared...

Dawn : Right, change everything...

The blood in my hand slowly ran down to my finger, my nail dug in the page...letters per letters, my eyes went blank seemingly lost.

What is this feeling ? I feel like I could do anything now...

Dawn : This is better already...

Smiling, my eyes stared at the new page...the sentence written with my very own blood, the letters started to glow before acting.

The book returned to its original state, the ripped page was gone...only one thing changed from this book and the one I read earlier.

The ending was changed...what I wrote became the new reality...

I didn't know if i could come back here after, or how to come back here but that was fine...even if it was a unique time usage...because I will win this now.

3rd Pov

Coming back to his senses, the fight was still ongoing...Luna was on the ground injured with cuts everywhere...she just couldn't read or defend herself on those emotionless attacks.

It felt like she was fighting another person..

Luna : (His optimization over rewrite is absurd too...am i really fighting an human?)

While Dawn has to take time to analyze and register the information...when Author skill takes control, everything processes instantly.

This is the very peak of what the current unique skill : Author can do.

Luna : I'm really going to lose at this rate, heh...

Getting up with shaking legs, Luna narrowed her eyes when Dawn's body reacted...it seemed something had changed again in him.

Dawn : (I'm back, huh...ugh, my body hurt like hell...anyway, what happened ? Did I really change the ending ?)

Author skill has been fighting totally ignoring the pain so now he had the entire rawback of the 8 minutes and 21 seconds of pain since he left.

Still, Dawn checked around...the fight was going as it was written, the part he changed as yet to come...

Dawn : (Wlel at least, my mind is clear...)

Rising his bloodied blade, one attack...this has to end now or it will never.

Dawn : (I understand more about my skills now...i can do it.)

His gray eyes started to shine rainbow...using everything he had to end this.

Dawn : So that's what the world really looks like...

[Author POV], one of the true abilities of unique skill : Author...it isn't like Read as Author POV doesn't analyze.

It's more like everything reveals itself to you...the world becomes information and what he thinks is instantly answered.

Dawn : I can feel it...this skill is truly out of this world.

He smiled seemingly in trance, this power would surely evolve into Omniscience one day but will that day ever come ?

Probably not because...Dawn is still human, the mere fact of activating the skill already drained him to his mental limit.
Yet he couldn't stop...it's like an addiction.

Dawn : Yeah...i can win this (This part...this is where I should collapse not being able to hold this power before dying, but now i feel i can do it...)

Looking down, Luna for the first time showed a scared expression...she raised her arm preparing multiple barriers but all of them shattered before they could even appear.

Luna : That's...

Dawn : [True rewrite].

The completed version of Rewrite...when there was limitation with Achieved and Unachieved Rewrite...Dawn couldn't feel it now.

With a smile, Dawn pointed his sword toward Luna and charged forward...

This True rewrite...didn't exist, it's an attack that could only exist because the ending changed...

Luna : Don't underestimate me ! It seems my skills and magic are useless now...then i'll just have to find a counter to your counter !

Her voice was filled with her anger....those overwhelming emotions led her roar reach the heaven.

In that single moment, the impossible became possible.

VOTW : (Forced evolution...;successful, individual Luna awakened Hero egg, evolution into True hero...successful, all resistance will be increased, physical and spiritual bod-=

Luna : Who cares about that ! Give me a skill to finish this

VOTW : (Acquisition of unique skill : Copyright, successful, the evolution will temporarily be paused.)

Her body shining in green, her new skill glowed aspiring Dawn's light...but as time passed, the distance just closed.

Copyright and Author clashed against each other...but one factor played a major role.

This world might be canon or noncanon, a true story or just fanfiction...none of them could know.

But for Dawn...everything was just a story he had to rewrite.

He couldn't die here and let Luna go...this would change too much and later Rimuru will pay the price.

Dawn : That's why I can't lose,

Going through, Luna's eyes grew wide as her skill shattered...the world slowed down as Dawn's blade approached.

Everything was slow...her childhood, life as a student, moments passed with friends all until now ?

Everything flashed before her...then a sharp pain pierced her chest.

Luna : Heh...

Coming back to her senses, Luna looked up into Dawn's eyes...he was standing above her, his sword directly in her chest area.

Blood gushed but the pain was gone...the sky was all black with millions of particles falling down...the ice and meteorite were dissolving now that their skills were off.

Luna : I lost, huh...

Dawn : Indeed.

It was truly the end, her body didn't respond anymore, her life force was running low and more than anything.

She started to come back to her senses...

Luna : I...really wanted to be with you again...

Tears welled in her eyes, the night sky above reflected thousands of stars...

Luna : It might be childish and egoistic but I was ready to turn the world upside down for that...I'm really a horrible person aren't i.

She chuckled under Dawn's gaze, this was their last moment together so they could at least chill out now.

Luna : You know Dawn...i l-

Dawn : Sorry but I can't return those feelings.

Luna : I-i see...you could have at least let me finish...

She pouted cutely, this brought back memories from their student days.

Dawn : You and I are from completely different dimensions, we could never be together to start with.

Luna : Ahh...well not like i can do anything now..i hope you have a good life then, Dawn...Arceid.

Smiling, she finally closed her eyes...her skin turned paler as life disappeared from the corpse.

At the same time, Snowie appeared behind her two masters with a pained expression...

Snowie : Mas-

She directly stopped her words when her eyes noticed the tears running down Dawn's cheek.

Something had changed in him too...

Dawn : Dawn Arceid, huh...you idiot...

With her last strength, Luna returned what belonged to him...the name Dawn Arceid and what does it imply.

But that was not all...those last strength she gave him also implied the burden she carried for so many years.

Dawn : Goodbye Luna...you truly were an amazing woman...

Some might have mistaken his words earlier, that they were from different dimensions...Dawn wanted to say that he just didn't deserve her at all.
He was way too low to even think about that...

Dawn : I'm really an idiot.

VOTW : (Evolution will restart no-)

Finally, the exhaustion caught him as he closed his eyes...he had to rest now or he'll join Luna way too soon after she left.

Snowie Pov

I just wanted both my masters to fight to the death...and I couldn't do everything for them.

I could just watch as they drained each other's life...the sole vow I made watching them is to serve the winner no matter what.

And finally, Master Dawn won...but at what cost, I never saw him cry so sincerely.

In the end, I caught him before he could fall...his mind and body were in a crumble but it doesn't seem he was in danger now...

Snowie : Seriously...master is so reckle-

Ugh ! What is this ! Looking up, multiple extremely powerful aura were coming this way.

I laid master down and quickly got up ready to fight just in case but my will shattered when 2 large dragons made their way here.

The Ice and Scorch dragon ?! Along that...Guy Crimson and the emperor Rudra Nam Ul Nasca...what are they doing here !

Snowie : It doesn't matter, I'll protect my master with my life.

3rd Pov

As the fight concluded, both Guy and Rudra had the same thought...they needed to get there.

The scale of the battle exceeded the limit imposed yet they just couldn't intervene because they were themself entranced in this battle.

But as soon as it ended, they left their domain with their respective partner.

Flying over the Western nation, both met above the totally frozen and ruined capital of Falmuth.

Guy : Heh, to think you would have broken the pact and came all the way here...

Rudra : Cut your shit, we both are here for the same reason.

Glaring at each other, their intention was clear as crystal...the survivor and winner of this battle...
He couldn't be left alone now and is the perfect addition for their game.

As for the dragon, they just stayed in the air waiting patiently.

Velgrynd : I didn't expect to see you too...in general it's just that arrogant demon.

Velzard : Well this human used an Ice magic who isn't inferior to mine, I'm naturally interested.

Looking down, Velzard's eyes met with Snowie's...

Velzard : (So it's her, huh...she looks good, as expected of my daughter.)

Snowie : (Why is she looking at me ? And why does it feel so warm?)

Their staring contest lasted a few seconds before Velgrynd noticed it.

Velgrynd : Is this a spirit ? Are you interested in her too ?

Velzard : It's nothing that involves you.

Velgrynd : As cold as ever.

The tension just kept rising, they would have jumped at each other if it wasn't for the sudden appearance of a third party.

A gate opened in the sky near the two groups...all eyes turned toward it as a darkness flooded out of it.

A beautiful young lady with silver hair and heterochromatic eyes came out accompanied by a mysterious masked woman.

Guy : Oh ? The daughter of Twilight...Luminous Valentine is it ?

Luminous : It's an honor to meet you Lord of Darkness.

Bowing her head a little, it was clear to everyone present that there was no real respect behind...but what is more important is the heavy and terrifying aura that the masked woman released.

Luminous : I will directly go to the point, both of you and the emperor, leave this place at once.

Her words were followed by a silence...this was unexpected from her as clearly, the weakest one was Luminous.

Yet she confidently asked them to leave ? This earned an interest from Guy and a loud laugh from Rudra.

Rudra : Hahahahaha ! Us leave ? What right do you have to even make this request !

Luminous : I have every right to your majesty, after all the one who caused this mess is one of my subordinates.

Rudra : Ah ?

Everyone, even Velzard, let out a surprised noise...they repetitively looked at Luminous then at Dawn...

Guy : Can you prove this claim ?

Luminous : I can't without his testimony but...

Releasing her own aura, naturally it wasn't enough to scare the likes of Guy and Rudra still it surprised them.

This was an act that signified : I'm ready to fight both of you.

Luminous : I will prove it to you after he wakes up.

Guy : Heh, you got some guts you know...or is it because you are backed by this woman ?

His eyes wandering toward Chloe, he suddenly felt a chill down his spine...this woman was definitely a problem.

Guy : Who is she ?

Luminous : I will refrain in answering that.

Guy : I see...to think you had such a weapon...and if we include the potential of this human down there, you could maybe even form a nation that could rivalize this bloodie.

Rudra : Who are you calling bloodie, you bastard red shit demon !

The tension rose up once again but this time, it was quickly subdued by Velzard and Velgrynd who took their human form and restrained their partner.   

And after a good beat-i mean a good talk, they stopped.

Guy : Anyway, I guess we can just leave...if he already has a master it doesn't matter anymore.

Rudra : Right...Luminous Valentine, huh...i'll remember your name from now on.

Losing their interest, they just left...it was only after their presence completely disappeared that Luminous could let out a tired sigh.

Luminous : Ahh...this was scary...seriously, I'm really getting myself into a big mess for a human.

Chloe : It's fine, he proved himself to be strong after all.

Flying down, they landed near Snowie who raised an ice sword just in case.

Chloe : Don't worry, we are here to help.

Snowie : Can I trust you ?

Chloe : Yes.

Sensing no animosity, she let her sword go...beside it would be complicated against Chloe, she is a powerhouse and her presence enough pressured those around.

Chloe : Mmh, his condition is pretty bad but not deadly, I'll still stabilize it with my power.

Luminous : Good, then let's go to Night garden...(This last attack, he clearly achieved another level of strength...even i am not confident in taking it directly.)

Chloe : Yeah and you...what are you going to do now ?

Turning to Snowie who has been quiet for a while now, the spirit just looked down and sighed.

Snowie : The accord passed between master Dawn and Luna was that I should follow the winner, I will do that.

Chloe : I see, do as you please.

Nodding, Snowie turned into particles of light and disappeared into her master's soul...

thought immediately after, Snowie had an unpleasant encounter as another spirit was sleeping in it...Dusk who had exhausted her strength and was resting.

Snowie : Tch..

Anyway this was the end of a battle that shook the entire world, the end of an era.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.1K 68
After achieving peace Rimuru was stuck doing paperwork for the last few centuries and was stuck with boredom. Ciel seeing her master's state suggests...
18.5K 382 9
A tensura fanfic! "Warning!! cringry 4th grade grammar" "Contains Mature Content Such As "Blood,Gore,Cursing,Killing,Psychopathic Behavior" Story: Ve...
121K 3.2K 35
"Reincarnation.. didn't think it was true. A lot of us wish to be isekaid so we could be with our favorite characters but we never think it to be tru...
67 1 7
In a world where superpowers, known as Quirks, define one's potential, Locke Lamora, a globally recognized art prodigy, confronts a reality that seem...