The Elemental Enerithian (Ben...

By Shaniqua_The_One

Join Aria, Ben, Gwen and Kevin on an adventure. More

Character Info
Mastery and Downsides
Ben 10 Returns (1)
Ben 10 Returns (2)
Everybody Talks About The Weather
Kevin's Big Score
All That Glitters
Max Out
Pier Pressure
What Are Little Girls Made Of?
The Gauntlet
Paradox
Be-Knighted
Plumbers' Helpers
X=Ben+2
Season 2
Darkstar Rising
Alone Together
Good Copy, Bad Copy
Save the Last Dance
Undercover
Pet Project
Grounded
Voided
Inside Man
The Date
Birds of a Feather
Unearthed
War of the Worlds (1)
War of Worlds (2)
Season 3
The Vengeance of Vilgax (1)
The Vengeance of Vilgax (2)
Inferno
Fool's Gold
Don't Fear the Repo
Singlehanded
If All Else Fails
In Charm's Way
Trade Off
Busy Box

Simple

159 12 0
By Shaniqua_The_One

Gwen and Kevin sat/leaned against the car enjoying a smoothie, and Aria sat on the hood with a spellbook while Ben was walking Ship. "Down, boy." Ben tells Ship, who was jumping about. "There you guys are." Ben runs over to his friends. "I've been looking for you all morning." He tells them. "We know. We got the 50 messages you left." Gwen replies. "It wasn't 50 messages." Ben denies. "It was 50 each." Kevin tells him. "So that's 150 messages." Aria mumbles, not looking away from the spellbook. "Anyway, I need you guys for a mission. It's off planet." Ben tells them. "Aria and I have taekwondo practice tonight, Ben. Sorry." Gwen tells him. "Kevin?" Ben looks at the boy. "Yeah, no." Kevin declines. "Seriously?" Ben asks. "We don't mind helping out, but we do have lives." Gwen reminds him. "I can help." Aria speaks up, closing the book. "Really?" Ben looks at her, hopeful. "Yeah, I can miss practice for one day." Aria shrugs. "Thanks." Ben tells her and pulls out a holoviewer. 

"Since you two won't change your mind maybe this will." A hologram of a little girl shows up. "It was teleported in my room this morning." Ben shares. "Dear Mr. Ben 10, my name is Probity. My mom and dad told me all about how you saved the universe from the Highbreed." Probity says. "So you get fan mail, what's the big deal--" "Shh! You'll miss the important part." Ben hushes Kevin. "I hate war. Do you hate war, too? Cause if you do, I want to know if you would come here and stop everybody from fighting. Anyway, even if you can't, I think you're great. Thank you." Probity says, and the hologram disappears. "So, there you go." Ben tells them. "There you go, what?" Gwen asks. "Don't you get it? He wants us to go to some other planet and end their war." Kevin points out. "No, he couldn't mean... You can't mean..." Gwen looks at her cousin. "Uh-huh." Ben agrees. "Not that I'm even considering it, but how do you plan to stop a war?" Kevin asks. "Simple." Ben replies.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The team was now inside Ship, flying to the planet. "I can't believe we're doing this." Kevin says. "Everybody hates war, but nobody ever does anything about it." Kevin points out. "Maybe that's because there's never been anybody like me before." Ben replies. "Oh, right. The great Ben 10 is gonna solve everything in one weekend." Kevin says sarcastically. "It's a three-day weekend." Ben reminds him. "I like that Ben cares enough to come all this way to help. You could use a little of that yourself, Kevin." Gwen tells him. "More like a lot." Aria comments. "War's like eating or sleeping, Gwen. It's part of human nature." Kevin tells the redhead. "Wrong!" Aria tells him. "I think I know a little more about human nature than you do." Kevin tells her. "Yeah, you know about human nature. These aren't humans." Aria tells him and sticks her tongue out at him. "Really?" Gwen asks and teases her.

 "Shut up!" Aria says, and Ship beeps. "We're approaching the planet." Gwen informs. The teens through the windshield and see a giant yellow planet. "Is that a big dotted line across the planet?" Ben asks as he and Aria stand beside Gwen and Kevin, who are sitting.

 "Yup." Kevin answers. "The definitely calls for a closer look." Gwen tells him and begins typing away. "Ship, lower." Ben tells the mechamorph, who honks and lowers itself into the planet's atmosphere, flying alongside the vehicle that's placing the line across the planet. "Well now we know where the dots came from but--" Gwen's cut off by a blue explosion close to Ship. On the ground were some blue people shooting at the spaceship. "What are they shooting at us for?" Ben asks after he and Aria return to their seats. "The fence is most likely a border, so they think we're the enemy." Aria explains. "Ship!" The mechamorph says, and dodges the rockets. "Good boy. No shooting back." Ben tells it. "What?" Kevin asks. "Ship!" Ship continues dodging the rockets. 

"Okay, I vote we turn around and head home. Gwen and Aria could still make karate practice, and as a bonus, I don't have to get shot at." Kevin says. "Except we'll be throwing away a little girl's hope for a world without war." Ben reminds him. "Life is full of disappointment. What is she, 5? Past time she learned." Kevin says. The Tennysons stare at each other only to get interrupted by a red explosion. Now, people in red were shooting rockets at them. "Land us, Ship. I'll distract them." Ben says from beside the open door. "Need my help?" Aria asks. "Sure." Ben nods, and Aria walks over to him. They jump out, Ben transforms into Jetray, and they fly down to the people while dodging the rockets. "Hold it! Any of you ever heard of..." They land on a tank and Jetray detransforms. "Ben 10?" Ben asks, putting his hands on his hips and looking off into the distance. The red people talk amongst themselves and turn to Ben. "That's right. Ben 10." Ben boasts. "And someone even better." Aria walks forward and flips her hair over her shoulder. 

"Princess Aria of Aeloria. The one who's able to use both energy and the elements." Aria announces, and the people talk amongst themselves again. "Really?" Ben asks. "What? You can't always be in the spotlight." Aria shrugs. "Ben 10 and I have come here to end this war." She tells the red people, who once again talk amongst themselves. "You never told me you were a princess." Ben points out. "I don't tell you lots of things." Aria reminds him. "See, war never accomplishes anything. It's pointless and..." The red people talk amongst themselves again, and they step out of the way to reveal someone who seems to be the general. "Get them!" He orders. "Huh?!" Aria looks confused. "Uh, guys?" Ben also looks confused, and the red men point their guns at them. "Hey, if you want to get rough, how about a taste of Humungousaur!" Ben shouts and activates his watch. Aria stares at the watch and then back at Ben. "That's not..." Aria sighs when he still transforms.

"Lodestar!" He shouts. "Oh, man." He sighs. "This is no time to shake down a new guy." "Maybe if you look down at your watch, you'll see who you're turning into." Aria comments. The red people shoot at them, so Aria puts up a shield to block it, but after a few dozen shots, it starts cracking. "A little help here." Aria tells him. "What does this do?" Lodestar asks. "You're basically a walking magnet." Aria replies and yelps when her shield breaks, pushing her back. "Cut it out!" Lodestar holds his hand out and uses his magnetokinesis to snatch the red troops' weapons, and Aria jumps out of the way to avoid getting hit by the guns. The troops try going to them, but Lodestar sends the guns flying back at them. "As we were saying." Lodestar says, and Ship lands, dropping Gwen and Kevin off before turning back to normal and climbing Gwen. "And you've got to sit down with your enemies and talk to them. They're human too, you know." They hear Lodestar say. 

"Not humans." Aria reminds him. "Or whatever it is, you guys are." Lodestar corrects himself. "Is that a new one?" Gwen asks. "Who keeps track?" Kevin asks. Gwen walks over, and Kevin finds some alien tech, which he takes and whistles. "A regenerative power pack." He says, putting it in his pocket, when he spots the red troops' supplies. Kevin runs over to them and grabs a gun only for someone else to find it. "Hey! Finders keepers! Let go of my-- Kevin! Long time no see, you look different did you cut your hair?" Argit asks. "No." Kevin replies. "I was just gonna call you. I'll have that money I owe you real soon." Argit tells him. "Uh-huh. What are you up to here, Argit?" Kevin asks. "Nothing." Argit replies. "Arigt what's the scam?" Kevin asks, not convinced by his answer. "Oh, okay. I was gonna cut in honest. These guys, they leave their weapons all over the place. So, I scoop them up, paint them blue, and sell them to the other guys. Low overhead, big profits." Argit shares, and they smirk at each other.

 "What?" Argit asks. "Your overhead just went up. Come Kevin leads him to the group. "Of course, I wanna hear your side." Ben says after he detransforms. "Good, because you've got us all wrong. They attacked us! We're only defending ourselves!" The general shares. "Really?" Aria asks, and everyone nods until they're interrupted by a blue rocket. "See?" The general points out, and they run for cover. Ben transforms into Spidermonkey and shoots webs at the blue troops' heads. "It's one of those alien spidermonkeys!" The blue general informs looking at Spidermonkey. "You know what to do." He tells his troops who salute and disperse. "Are you the guy in charge?" Spidermonkey asks, landing on a pole behind the general.

"I am." The general replies. "We need to talk." Spidermonkey tells him. "I'm a man of action, not talk." The general says. Spidermonkey hoots and lands on the sacks beside the general, who backs away. "And look where it's gotten you." Spidermonkey says. "Ben! Look out!" Aria shouts, running to him. A rocket flies out from behind the general, and Aria puts up a shield to block it, and it explodes, leaving a green gas behind. "You okay?" Aria asks, turning to Spidermoneky, who held a hand over his nose and was coughing. He nods, and Aria smiles. "Good!" She replies, falling to her knees. Spidermonkey falls onto his hands and knees, and the generals walk up to them. "I'm gonna make you regret this." Aria threatens and faints. "Sure you will." The general laughs.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

"Don't you get it? We are not the bad guys. We believe in peace." Spidermonkey tries convincing them as they place both him and a still unconscious, tied-up Aria on two separate logs. They tied them to the wood, and Spidermonkey tried to convince them again. "Let me tell you who your real enemy is. It's war!" Spidermonkey says, and the general ties a cloth around his mouth. "Ready?" The general asks. "Aim!" The troops point their guns at them. "Wait!" A voice calls, and Probity runs through the crowd. "That's Ben 10 and Princess Aria! I'm sure of it!" She says. The troops talk among themselves, and Aria groans, waking up. "She doesn't know, what she's talking about! Princess Aria is able to use both energy and elemental manipulation! That girl only used energy! Fire!" The general shouts. The troops point their guns at the two, and shoot, but Gwen blocks it with a mana shield. 

"Get yourself loose, I can't hold on much longer!" Gwen tells them."Got it!" Aria mumbles, with her eyes closed. Her body heats up, and the rope around her burns away, and Probity unties Spidermonkey, who detransforms when he is loose and the troops murmur. "There, I used the fire. Did that convince you?" Aria asks, glaring at the general, and her eyes turn red. "You really are him." The general walks over to them and then turns to Aria. "I'm so sorry, princess." He apologizes and Aria nods. "What do we do now?" The general asks. "Oh, I know! Let's eat!" Probity suggests.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Ben and Aria were now in the dining hall with the blue troops and their general who were enjoying their meal. Aria looks around and cringes at their lack of table manners. "Do you guys always eat like this?" Ben asks the general who was eating with his mouth open. "We have to keep our strength up. For the war, you know." He replies. "Does it hurt to close your mouths?" Aria mumbles. "I'll bet she doesn't eat like this every day." Ben looks at Probity, who is eating a corn-like crop and her pet is gnawing on a bone. "Unfortunately our citizens must sacrifice for the war effort." The general replies. "What if there wasn't a war?" Aria asks. "She could have something better to eat as well as go to school." She says. "Look, I hate war too, but our neighbors keep attacking us! We have to defend ourselves!" The general replies. "But they say the same thing." Ben points out. "Wait a minute, if both of you are defending yourselves there doesn't have to be a war!" Ben announces, standing up and everyone looks at him.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The vehicles that placed the dots to separate the planet came back to remove them as a truce was declared, and Aria, Ben, and Probity were at the top of one watching the generals argue. "I say he was red!" The red general says. "He was blue!" The blue general argues. "I'd say any idiot knows that, but obviously you don't." The red general argues back. "Red!" "Blue!" They go back and forth. "What are they even talking about?" Ben asks. "Zavin, of course." Probity replies. "Hmm?" Aria and Ben look at her. "He was the wisest man to ever live. He gave us our laws and stuff like that." She explains. "There's his statue." The teens look out at the statue of a man pointing forward. "They made it a really long time ago. Now all the paint's faded away." Probity shares. "And now no one remembers whether he was red or blue, am I right?" Aria asks. "You're so smart, and pretty, too." Probity tells Aria. 

"Thank you." Aria beams and looks at Ben, who is smiling at her. "Say, did you call me an idiot?" The red general asks. "No! You're underqualified." The blue general says, and they both begin fighting on the table. "Hey!" Ben walks over to separate them but gets pushed back by a blue soldier. "This is harder than I thought." Ben comments. "But you're Ben 10. You can do anything." Probity tells him. "I wouldn't say anything." Aria mumbles. Ben transforms into Humungousaur and slams his hand on the table, gaining everyone's attention, and detransforms. "That's better. Now everybody shake hands." Ben tells them. The generals look at each other and cross their arms, looking away from each other. "All right. I'll start." Ben holds his hand out to the blue general.

 "Ah-ha! There! That proves it! You were with them all along!" The blue general points to the reds. The red general grits his teeth and the blue general walks away with his troop as well as the reds. "What just happened?" Ben asks, turning to Probity and Aria. "You ruined everything! You tried to shake with your right hand. We shake with the left! Everyone knows that!" Probity informs him. "Come on, men. We've got a war to win!" The red general says and Aria sighs watching Probity stomp away. The troops grab their weapons and get in their tanks prepared to fight, while Aria and Ben watch as the border is put back in place.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Aria and Ben get to the hill Gwen is at, watching the troops fight. "If only they had talked to each other." Ben comments. "Seems like they were doing better before they started talking." Gwen crosses her arms. "They have no problem talking, listening is the problem here." Aria tells her.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

"And it's you, my fellow soldiers ... against the heathen blue fort. Who wrongly claim our Zavin as their own. And who will have our children in schools with blue trash? It is you who--" The red general gets cut off by Swampfire, who breaks down the door. "Enough!" He shouts, charging at the general. Two soldiers try blocking him, but Swampfire knocks them out of the way, and one manages to shoot him in the head, which regenerates. Swampfire grabs the general and carries him to a cave. "Hey! Don't hurt me please!" The red general pleads. Swampfire throws him into the cave where the blue general waits and catches him. "What's going on here? The red general asks. "Nobody's leaving this cage until you work out a peace treaty." Swampfire tells them. "Impossible!" The red general crosses his arms and turns away. 

"That's what I told him!" The blue general says. Swampfire throws a fireball at their feet, and they retreat further into the cave. Swampfire detransforms and sits on a rock waiting for them. The generals come out a few seconds later. "Uh, Ben 10?" The red general calls. "That was fast." Ben comments. "Did you work out something?" He asks. "Uh, no. We just wanted to know if lunch is..." The blue general looks down. "There's not going to be any lunch! Or dinner! Not until you two come up with a peace treaty." Ben tells them. "You can't do that!" The red general shouts and Ben threatens to transform again. "Easy, Ben 10. Violence never accomplishes anything." The red general tells him and the blue general agrees with him. "Did you hear what you just said?" Ben asks, annoyed. "He means random violence." The blue general says. "War is orderly violence." He adds. "Orderly violence?" Ben asks. 

"We need war, Ben 10." The blue general tells him. "That's right! It gives people something to blame their problems on." Red agrees. "If we can't afford houses or food or schools it's the war's fault." Blue says. "If there were no war, they'd blame us for all that." Red adds. "Exactly." Blue agrees. "So can we go now?" He asks. "Are you kidding? This is the first time you two have ever agreed on anything." Ben points out. "But I--" "Get back in there!" Ben tells the generals, who sigh and walk back into the cave.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

It was now nighttime, and Ben fell asleep on Aria's lap, the girl having come after the generals went into the cave. "Ben 10! We've come up with something!" The blue general shouts, waking up the boy. "Yes!" Ben cheers, standing up, and Aria follows suit. The generals point a flashlight at the teens' eyes, and Red uses his monocle to intensify the light. Aria covers her eyes, and Ben stumbles back and trips on a rock, falling off the cliff and unknowingly dragging Aria with him. Aria and Ben stare at each other with wide eyes as they fall and look down, seeing rocks below them. Ben transforms into Goop, and splatters onto a rock, and Aria floats down and lands beside him. Goop detransforms, and Ben looks up at the generals. "I'm really starting to hate those guys." Ben says. "Same here." Aria agrees. "You're gonna have to do things on your own." She says.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The next day, the red and blue troops stood on either side of Zavin's statue. "Men, this fight isn't about land or money. It's about our honor and purity, and above all, it's about the reputation of the great Zavin!" The general gives an encouraging speech. "What a low." A voice says, and everyone looks up at the statue, and Way Big walks out from behind them. "You guys are fighting, so you won't have to fix your real problems." Way Big tells them. "Don't listen to him! Charge!" The blue general orders and the troops charge at each other, firing the rockets when Way Big slams his hand between them, making them stop. "You're going to have to listen to me. A few days ago, I got a letter from a little girl who lives here." Way Big stands up to his full height, and on the hill in front of him stands Gwen, Aria, and Probity.

 "All she wants is for the way to stop. My friend Kevin said, I'd never fix everything in one weekend, and he looks like he was right." Aria and Gwen looked down at Probity, who was tearing up, with a smile. "So, I've made the decision, I'm going to stay here as long as it takes to make you guys come to your senses. I've got nothing but time." Way Big walks over to the statue to lean on, but instead, he breaks it. "Oh, man!" He sighs. The girls watch with wide eyes, waiting for something to happen. "Get him!" The generals shout and together they both fire rockets and shoot lasers at Way Big, who runs away from the area, and Gwen and Aria follow. "Change into something smaller, you'll never lose them!" Gwen tells her cousin. Way Big detransform, and they regroup. Aria looks back and sees purple troops after them. 

"Who'd they even switch to purple?" Aria asks, making it back to Ship, who transforms into the spaceship as soon as he sees them. "Ship!" It says, and Ben, Gwen, and Aria climb into the back. "We have to wait!" Gwen tells her cousin. "Gwen, I'm--" "Ben! Gwen! Ari!" They hear Kevin call from outside. Ship lowers and opens its back and the teens rush over seeing Kevin holding a trunk. "Grab My hand!" Gwen holds out her hand. Kevin looks back and then at the trunk before letting go, grabbing Gwen's hand, and jumping into Ship.

Once everyone was in, the Ship flew off the planet. "All I wanted to do was help. How could it have gone so wrong?" Ben wonders. "Look on the bright side, they're united." Aria tells him and puts on her seatbelt. "Yeah, against me." Ben replies, putting on his seatbelt. "Well, there is that. I guess Mister Sinicle isn't surprised by any of this." Gwen side-eyes Kevin only for him to sniffle. "Kevin, are you crying?" Gwen asks, leaning beside him. "Oh. You do have a heart." Gwen hugs him. "Yeah, that's what poor people have instead of money." Kevin says, and tears start streaming down his face. "Look what I got!" Aria tells him, walking to the back and dragging something over. "If it's not--" Kevin looks back and sees the trunk. "See? That's why you're my favorite!" Kevin gets out of his seat and pulls Aria into a bear hug. "Yeah, yeah." Aria shakes her head and looks back at Gwen, who was smiling. "I'm getting half of it, though."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

748 4 12
It was supposed to be a normal summer vacation until Ben Tennyson discovered a device called the Omnitrix. This device gives him the power to transfo...
4K 185 49
When Ben Tennyson, his grandfather Max, his cousin Gwen and his best friend Paige Swan go on a trip for the summer, they never expect anything unusua...
123K 2.6K 61
Y/n Braween a 10 year old Elementary School student gets invited to join his Best Friend Ben Tennyson, Ben's Grampa Max and Ben's Cousin/ Y/n's crush...
661 45 5
A Certain Story About Our Bunny And Chocolate Girl Meeting A Hero With More Than 10 Aliens!~