THE ROMANTIC CRIME

By Avinaphile

#2 in The Shaktawat Sisters Series! . Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat x Garv Singh Chauhan . . He falls for her w... More

DEDICATION
INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS AESTHETICS
THE CHAUHANS
THE SHAKTAWATS
A SNEAKPEAK
1. THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
2.THE UNWELCOMED NEWS
3. THE INVESTIGATION
4. THE VERIFICATION
6. THE TO BE VIRAL MEET
7.THE TWENTY FIVE MINUTES
8.THE ONLINE HATE
9.THE ARRIVAL IN DELHI
10.THE SHORT STAY IN LIFT
11.THE MISINTERPRETATION
THE PLAYLIST
12. THE RIVALRY
13. THE SILENCE
REMINDER
14. THE CONSTANT THOUGHT
15.THE UNCHANGED QUESTION
16.THE LUNCH
17. THE GCs AND GOSSIPS
IMPORTANT - DO READ IT
18.THE FIRST KISS
19.THE ANSWER TO HIS WORDS

5. THE VISIT

6.1K 823 237
By Avinaphile

The four walls of jail became my new habitat for more than ten days. The patience to wait for the blood reports has successfully crossed the limit. I was informed the reports will be ready  in two days but it has already been four days. 

Her black eyes fixed on me when I gained consciousness that day. Her hand holding me by my arm was the only good thing about the whole conspiracy theory of murder. 

My whole family visited Mumbai four days back but I only met my brother and my father due to the rigid rules of the jail authorities. 

Time is the examiner and I am his student who has been asked to give an exam with an unpredictable question paper - which will  decide whether I pass or fail and no marks will be given. 

My mind filled with thoughts paused when the iron door of the bar made a sound alerting me of someone's arrival. 

It's the constable who comes everyday to take me to the interrogation room for the inquiry. The press conference and interviews have replaced the inquiry of the case, the paparazzi and media personnel have been replaced into the officers. 

Without giving him a chance to repeat the usual mandatory message , I got up from my place and walked outside once he locked the handcuff in my hands which  used to wear branded watches. 

I walked following him, looking down on the ground and noticed only the shoes of a few people around me, without noticing  their faces to find out who they were. 

“Why is he wearing handcuffs? ” I heard a manly familiar voice, maybe it's Roy sir. 

The constable removed it by inserting the key and I stared at everyone who was standing in the police station. 

The officers' team, Dhruv , Lakshay Bhabha and Hriday stood looking at me and I was puzzled to make sense what's happening. 

“Mr. Chauhan, the blood report has not been matched , including the hair sample. You have been proved innocent. Congratulations Mr. Chauhan . ” Roy sir, announced . My best friend and Lakshay Bhabha hugged me with tears of joy. 

“I told you already Garv can't do this, ” Dhruv said, wiping his tears. 

“Then who is behind all this? ” Hriday questioned the team .

“Yes Sir, who is the one? ” I joined him.

“The blood and hair sample hasn't matched with anyone in the party.  It's an outsider who is actually the one ” She informed looking at everyone except me. 

I met my manager and Dhruv called Mehar Bhabisa to inform them of the news. 

“Also, Chowdhury has taken back their report. They have asked to stop this investigation for a while as they are facing a tough time but isn't it strange? ” Arisa discussed with her team but we didn't continue talking to them as we decided to go back home. 

TIME SKIP 

“Garv sir, your whole family is waiting eagerly for you. Mihika informed us that they have planned a special welcome for you. ” Hriday smiled while driving the car. Lakshay Bhabha sat next to Hriday and we both settled down in the back seat. 

“Garv, take your phone ” My best friend offered me, which was taken by the police at the time of arrest. 

As soon as I unlocked the phone, I headed towards my social media handle . 

I started typing a grateful message for my fans as I am aware it's their blessing who played a role too.  I asked my best friend to cross check the message before I share it as a post. 

The car stopped in the parking area of a lush apartment and before I could step outside,Hriday alerted me “Sir, the media has already arrived. They will shoot their questions one by one. Make sure you don't answer any because one wrong interpretation and next controversy would knock our doors. ” 

I nodded a little and Hriday handed my shades of sunglasses. 

Hriday was the first to step out of the car followed by Lakshay Bhabha and here my best friend held my hand to assure he is with me. 

My left hand opened the car gate and my right hand successfully placed my sunglasses covering my eyes and the next task was escaping the media. 

Why are they so  bothered about my life? Deep breath Garv.

My team including my bodyguards escorted me making a way to my apartment corridor before I encountered the media personnel. 

“Do you think it's a trap to bring you down?”

“Nishant Shergill mentioned you had an argument with deceased music director Abhishek Chowdhury ,is it true? ”

“Garv Singh Chauhan, answer our questions ”

The questions were repeated  but I didn't reply to any of them as I want to stay away from everyone for a few days. 

Successfully we entered the elevator one by one, Hriday pressed the seventh floor button. 

“How do you face them, Garv? ” My best friend asked breathing heavily after struggling to get inside avoiding them.

“The same way, how do you face them during a press conference? ” I replied, removing my sunglasses. 

“We are really contrasting when it comes to fame. You are a youth sensation and I know it from my students. ”He answered resting his back on one of the walls. 

“I think we are going to reach it soon. ” My brother broke the link of our talks before I could say anything further. 

“I must say Avantika ma'am has really turned the tables this morning ” Hriday started speaking, making me left out as I couldn't connect with them.

“How? ” I asked suddenly, making everyone look at me surprisingly. 

“It's her who found out the evidence a few days back, it's her who didn't even bother to sleep in the past few days. This morning when I was called for a final round of investigation, she proved how you are not the one who has killed him presenting the reports and statement of Dr. Shetty ” Hriday announced making me proud of her. 

The elevator door opened, we stepped out one by one where I was the last to exit. 

No matter where you go, returning home feels refreshing. It's a solace in one's life. The closer I was, the more clear I could hear my family members' voices echoing. 

“Raj Riddhi ”I noticed Dhruv embracing his kids on the doorstep. 

“Stop Garv , Don't come inside before your aarti is done ” Sanjana jija words stopped my feet from stepping in. 

"Jija, I missed you so much. Where are Hunar and Shivansh? ” I asked, peeking inside of my house standing at the doorstep slowly looking around to find who is present here. 

“Papa ke sath hai. Ruko mai sabko lekr aai” I heard my sister rushing inside. 

(They're with papa. Wait, I will bring everyone) 

Supreme Court is in Mumbai. This is what I call my father, supreme court because his orders are unalterable . No matter how one tries , he won't change it at any cost. 

“Mera beta, aa gaya tu. Maa ne laaj rakhli teri.”Mumma hugged me, wiping her tears. 

(My son, you are back.  Almighty has protected you) 

“aapka beta galat kar hi nahi sakta kyu pareshan hona tha?” I hugged her tightly, noticing Mrs. Dhruv, Mehar bhabisa and sanjana jija fisting their hands removing the evil eyes. 

(Your son didn't do anything wrong so what's there to worry about?) 

Mehar Bhabisa handed  aarti thali to mumma to perform it. I noticed my supreme court watching me without uttering a word. Does he think is it me who has actually planned this whole murder? 

“Dhok lagau supreme court sorry papa ” I touched his feet and then Mumma's. 

(Dhok lagau - phrase used to take blessings by touching one's feet) 

“Welcome back Garv banna ” Abhimanyu jijosa offered his hand but I hugged him instead. 

“Garv banna, go and take a bath. We will have lunch together ” Mehar Bhabisa informed me and I nodded. 

“Mamosa”

“Kakosa”

The whole children gang ran around the living room and stopped,  hugged me one by one. 

“Garv kakosa, Where are my gifts? ” Chitra asked, her innocent eyes raised while others joined her too. 

“I will get you all something. We will go shopping this evening. ” I said, picking Shivansh in my arms. 

“Promise ” Their joyful voice chorus .

“Pakka wala promise ”

My mind can't accept the fact that Chowdhury's asked us to close the investigation all of a sudden. Roy sir has asked us to go back to our quarters where we stay and take rest as the previous few days were exhausting enough to drain my energy. 

Resting myself on the bed, my eyes stared at the fan rotating in the ceiling. Why does he love me though we never shared a friendship the way he has with Kavya?  I don't know what he wants but I can't be his wife. I know I won't be able to return the love he has for me. 

“Avu, see I bought Momos for us ” I heard my best friend scream entering  the room. We stay in the same quarter as soon as we joined the service. 

“When will you stop ordering this from  online apps? ” I frowned. 

“You know very well how much I love eating, I love my parents, my siblings, you and Garv cutie apart from that I don't like anyone ” She replied, unpacking the box. 

“Aaru, are you sure?  This is the third time you have ordered in this week. I told you already I will cook something for us ” 

“I know you are a chef  but Garv cutie case has literally taken my energy. I mean our energy. So itna toh mai kar hi sakti hu ”She justified the reason as usual whenever I scold her for ordering junk food. 

“Avu, Garv cutie looks more adorable in person than on screens. I want to know about that girl who is that A?There are huge chances of you because I stalked both his profile and there is no girl with an A initial in his following. ” Her words made me choke before I could eat. 

“What happened? Paani laau” Her hands patted my back. 

(Should I bring you water?) 

I refused. 

“How can you be sure it's me? ” I asked, not looking into her eyes instead eating the Momos. 

“I noticed him looking at you during those few days. I won't lie but I think A is you. ” She confidently replied .  Her stalking skills can't be doubted as she had even started following his private account a few minutes back. 

I didn't speak a word. Instead the nervousness entered my body, Him and I, together?  No,  this can't happen. I won't let it happen. Love can never find a place between us. 

“Avu, Geet di is calling you ” She handed me the phone , bringing me back to reality. 

 The screen lit up with the name - Geet jija. 

“Hello jija ” I answered, gulping it in a hurry. 

“Well done Avantika. I am so proud of you .”

“It's my duty, jija. How are you and my tomato potato ?”

“We are good and they have names- Rajveer and Samriddhi aka Raj Riddhi. Actually I am in Mumbai at Garv banna's place. ”

“You didn't inform me about your visit. This is not fair ” I complained , walking outside of the room leaving my friend alone .

“Why did I call you now? Only to give you this news and actually his family has arranged a small pooja as he is back home . His mumma has requested me to invite you along with Arisa. Please Avu, don't say no and you have to visit and attend the pooja” I heard  her ordering without giving me an option to say no. 

“Jija, His family would idolize me as his wife as you are aware that they were trying to fix an alliance ” I refused indirectly.

“We have just talked about it and don't worry I won't let anyone bring this topic up again. The pooja will start around 5pm so make sure you are here on time ” And she hung up the call before listening to me. 

“Avu,  you and Garv cutie? ” I was horrified when I heard my best friend's voice. 

“What? ” I turned and acted normal. 

“Are you kidding me?  Your families are fixing your marriage and I don't know how to react but seriously. Oh my God!!  Garv cutie will be my jiju ” She hugged and her words echoed her excitement finding out. 

“Arisa Dutta, I said no. I have rejected him ” I removed her and my words shattered her expectations.

“Are you crazy?  Girls are mad for him including me here you're saying no. I mean N O No” She  stopped me before I could enter the room. 

“Yes I said no to your Garv cutie. Happy "I opened the cupboard and looked for my churidar. 

“Where are you going now? ” She asked, glaring at me. 

I informed her everything about the pooja and she, as expected, faked being unconscious slowly laying on the bed. 

“I am joining but you said no to him, why are you going then? ” She asked curiously. 

“Geet jija's order ” I shrugged and took my churidar out. 

TIME SKIP 

“Sir, I hope Avantika ma'am attends today's pooja, ” Mihika said, teasing me. She is more than a sister to me and she ties rakhi every year. 

“Avantika ma'am will love you after seeing you in this kurta specially designed by Aashna Malhotra ”Hriday joined her, checking my schedule on my tab. 

“I want her to love me for who I am, not for the brands I wear” I replied , applying perfume, seeing my reflection in the long mirror of my room. 

She is visiting here, my home  or should I say our home if we tie ourselves in the sacred knot of marriage in future. My hands froze and felt my heartbeat faster. 

I left my room answering a call but everything around me paused when I noticed her entering the living room, her hand slowly adjusting her hair placing it on her left shoulder, tucking it slowly behind her ear making her silver oxidized Jhumka grabbing my attention. 

Wearing an orange chikankari flared kurti paired with beige churidar and  dupatta of the same shade of her kurti ,she walked gracefully only to get notice of blush on her cheeks. Today she might have applied a blush but one day she will get it naturally and I will be the reason for it. 

“Paa” Someone held my kurta and I turned around to see its Riddhi. 

“Bade papa hu tera aur woh dekho aapki maasi  aa gai. Badi mumma jald banegi” I slowly picked her into my arms, my hand secretly showing her the side where she was busy talking with Mihika. 

(I am your bade papa and see ,there is your maasi who is soon to be your Bade Mumma) 

“Maasi maasi” She started screaming and I noticed her approaching me. 

Garv Breath. 

“Meri aloo matar ” Her cute voice called Riddhi while her hands offered to give her. 

“Paa” Riddhi snuggled into my shoulder. 

“I think Riddhi loves her bade papa ” She said, noticing her niece's actions. 

“Are you jealous that she loves her bade papa more than her maasi? ” 

“I don't have any problem. Kids love to be with someone who reflects love in their hidden gesture ” She said, pulling Riddhi's cheek. 

Before I could say anything, her eyes looked down only to notice Raj holding her dupatta. She kneeled down and hugged him. 

“Mere Rajveer Singh Deora how are you? ” She caressed his cheek, pouring her love. 

“Maachi ” He asked, showing his hands to pick him and she followed his orders. 

“I never knew she can talk sweetly ” I murmured, noticing her playing and kissing Raj's cheeks. 

 “This side is only reserved for my loved ones. Don't try to think you know me well!” She stressed the final sentence. 

“I know Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat and how she is ” I replied but paused before I could complete it .Her eyes perplexed and looked at me .

“Avu, you are here? I have asked Arisa where you are. Here are your anklets. As promised I brought your favorite design ” Her sister interrupted and my eyes fell on a box in her sister's hand. 

“Jija thank-you so much you have no idea how grateful i would be as you fulfilled my wish. ” She hugged her sandwiching my best friend's son, between them. 

“Nice to meet you Mr. Chauhan. I have to go and meet Abhimanyu bhabha and Sanjana bhabisa. please excuse ” I nodded hearing her. 

“Bade papa ko bye bolo. ” She tried making his hand to wave but instead he gave a flying kiss. 

“Avu tere flying kiss ke lectures ko ache se execute kar raha hai ye Raj” His mumma taunted his maasi. 

(Raj is executing your lectures on flying kiss very well Avu) 

“Jija, just because you gifted me anklets i won't say anything today . You have no idea how much I am obsessed with anklets ” Her eyes matched her excitement visible in her words. 

I never  thought a stubborn, straight forward Avantika is obsessed with anklets. 

After 45 mins 

“Garv cutie's house is so beautiful ” My friend whispered into my ear in the middle of the pooja. 

“Aaru we are in a pooja. Shut your mouth ” I asked, pointing her mouth to zip it. 

“Imagine Avantika Kanwar Garv Singh Chauhan staying here. ” She blabbered again, forgetting that his family was sitting around us. 

He sat on the opposite side of mine along with his parents. Geet jija and Dhruv jijosa were next to me along with their kids. 

“Bhuasa” Shivansh tapped on my shoulder making me turn my head. 

“Kya hua? ” I asked, covering my head with a dupatta , making him sit in my lap. 

He didn't answer but sat resting his head on me and his Mamosa none other than Mr. Chauhan asked him to join but he denied. 

I noticed him looking at me here and there. I felt a suffocation. I want to escape from here. I slowly removed Shivansh from my lap and raised . 

My mind directed me to the corridor  where we met before. I know I don't love him but the way he looks at me conveys his love, the depth of it. 

My footsteps stopped near the window and I took a breath continuously calming me. 

His 19 years old image striked in front of my eyes when we met for the first time, next I could see him accompanying us during the Jaipur trip. I never knew his love would remain the same even after years. 

“Ms. Avantika ” I turned only to slip my feet due to the slippery floor tiles. 

“Sambhalkr Avanti” His hand grabbed me quickly before I could find myself on the floor.

The silence found a place in spite of the closeness between us. His hand held me by my back, drawing me closer.

“Mr. Chauhan, ” I said slowly , my hands restrained touching him. 

“Don't worry, I won't let you hurt” He slowly removed me from himself. 

“Mr. Chauhan, I want to tell you that ” And before I could say I can't marry him, I noticed his mumma coming in our direction. 

“Garv Avantika yaha kya kar rahe ho? Wese baat kar bhi lo rishte ki baat hone wali hai aap dono ” She said one by one, each of her hand blessing us. 

(What are you doing here Garv and Avantika? Well you should talk as we are already thinking to fix your marriage) 

He looked at me but I didn't move my eyes to see him.

“Mumma please ”

“Wese ab tak to sirf rishte ki baat hui hai aur Avantika ne Farz nibhana bhi shuru kr diya ” His mumma continued , giving me a side hug. 

(The alliance hasn't fixed but she has started performing her duties nowadays) 

“Abhi jail se aya hu wapas muje nhi jana ” He replied looking at us while  I stood silent because  she is a lovely soul who is dreaming about her son's marriage. I would inform him my reason after his family left for their respective places. 

(I don't want to go back to jail as I have returned just now) 

“Aap dono baat karo mai aai jara. Khana khake jaana beta. ” She informed me and left. 

(You both continue and don't forget to join us in dinner) 

“I think I should be with ladies ” I informed without letting him say a word and walked. 

“Ms. Avantika, aapki payal ” His voice involuntarily made my neck look behind his side. 

He raised holding the anklet from the ground and my eyes checked to see right ankle without it. 

He came with my anklet in his hand and faced me and I looked at him confidently asking him to return it. 

“Yaad hai Dhruv ki shaadi mai 51k maange the jutto ke badle? ”

(Did you remember you asked for 51k in exchange for shoes at Dhruv's wedding?) 

“So should I pay you to get my anklet back?” I asked, taking a step back, a small step not making a huge difference. 

“Not a bad idea ” He smiled , displaying the anklet in his hand. 

“Mr. Chauhan Please, before someone finds us together. It would be great if you could return it”I ordered, glaring at him, opening my palm expecting him to place it.  

“I would return it. ” He slowly kneeled. 

“What if I make you wear it?  Trust me I won't touch you” He said, raising his head looking at me. 

“Mr. Chauhan, I know our families are discussing about us but please I didn't say yes”I informed, my eyes pointing at the open palm waiting for my anklets. 

“Okay, here you go. Have your anklets. ” He handed me back and I left . 

________________

VOTE TARGET -375?

Is it an official beginning of their love story?  Let's see how Avantika tries her best to not fall for him.

(Garv's kurta from Aashna Malhotra from Twice in a lifetime by Lunawrites2724)

I hope you all enjoyed reading it. How is the chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment down below

For more updates and spoilers, you can follow me on instagram - avinaphile.

Take care and see you in the next chapter
Avina ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 11.1K 55
Β«Tere bin ab na lenge ek bhi dum. Tujhe kitne chahne lage humΒ» Anika meets a mysterious man on her flight to Paris. Refusing to share t...
5.7K 295 16
Book 1 of series Destiny's mystery....... 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 DEVANSH SINGH RATHORE..... ___________________________________________ _________________________...
5.2K 97 6
18+content "This marriage is nothing only for a business deal to me. I will make sure to break this engagement in 6 months." He said very rudely "...
507K 35.2K 69
"π™»πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš’πšœ πšπš‘πšŽ π™°πš—πšœπš πšŽπš› - π™Έπš 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 πš—πš˜πš πš–πšŠπšπšπšŽπš› πš πš‘πšŠπš πšπš‘πšŽ πššπšžπšŽπšœπšπš’πš˜πš— πš’πšœ .." Advika - A wannabe one of the known...