The Alpha's Mate

By ameliaamarie21

Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Three

1.7K 67 9
By ameliaamarie21

Branson Williams

School's boring, and I don't have many friends there. My best friend, Dylan is in my grade. But we don't have any classes together. I make friends easily, but I haven't been trying since I've been in my head about this whole mating thing.

I worry I hurt my sister's feelings. I never want to on purpose, but I think I did. I'm in my last period of the day, and i'm flipping through my notes for the class, studying. A girl with red curly hair sits next to me with a smile. "Hey"

I've seen her around the pack house before, and from her scent I know she's a wolf. "Hey" I murmured. I can't remember her name for the life of me.

"I'm Harper '' she gives me a small smile. She has dark brown eyes.

"Branson" i nod, and she smiles

"I know your sister, Layla" she leans closer "Beta" she wiggles her dark browns, making me smile.

"Lucky you, she's a character"

"She's a sweetheart."

"She is," I nod.

"Anyways, I have first and second period with you too. Thought maybe since we're.. The same maybe we can be friends?" she whispers the last part, likely referring to us being wolves. We're allowed to interact with humans, but it's better if we keep our distance.

We don't want to wrap them in our lives, unless we absolutely have too.

"Yeah" i nod again "That would be great"

"Can you get Xan for dinner?" Dad asks, as he sets the table. I murmur my response, and head up the stairs and go to Xan's room. Knocking on the door, I pushed it open. He's laying in the dark, staring at his ceiling.

My heart stutters, and I take a slow step into his room. "Hey man" I mumble, slowly coming closer. "It's dinner time"

He turns to his wall, not responding. My heart sinks. This is the beginning of his down days. "Xan?'' I keep my voice gentle, but he doesn't move. So I slowly slip out, and make my way downstairs. 

"Where's your brother?" Pops asks, as soon as I enter the kitchen. Dad is cleaning up something, and I give a pathetic smile.

"It's uh. It's starting again "I murmur, and dad stops , his head falling to his chest as he sucks in a deep breath. It puts dad through a lot, mentally. Especially if it gets to be the worst. Which leads to him being admitted.

"Dad?" I whisper, and he straightens.

"It's okay, he will be just fine" dad turns, his eyes glossy and he forces a smile. "Go eat with your sister please. I'm going to go up there" He passes me, and squeezes my arm on the way. Once he's out of ear shot, pops looks at me.

"Go bud" he nods to the dining room.

"Is he going to be okay?" I lean against the doorframe, and Pops sighs. Clearing his throat and crossing his arms over his chest.

"They can't find him a medicine that works. And being on so many different things is hard '' Pop's voice is gentle, and he shakes his head. "But your brother's strong, and he will get through it. Just be supportive, and nice"

"What about dad?" I lean my head against the frame, and Pop's calm exterior breaks for a moment.

"You know he loves you kids.. It's just" Pops sighs, shaking his head. "It takes a piece of him everytime. He blames himself, Bran. He thinks it's his fault. It's no one's fault though. Some things just happen. Shitty or not. You just have to live with it, and figure it out. But it's not anyone's fault" Pops clears his throat.

"It's not your fault either" I add, and Pops gives me a look that tells me he doesn't believe me. "But you're right. He's strong, I think he's the strongest of us all. Even though he thinks he's weak '' I push off the frame, and make my way to the dining room.

"Maybe you should tell him" Pops says, stopping me "He hears it from us, but we're his parents. He thinks we have to say it"

"Maybe" I mumble, before making my way to the dining room and sitting besides Layla. She glances at me, eating her food in silence.

I do too, not sure what else to say. Dad isn't the only one who blames himself for Xan's issues.

—-

"Your ceremony is this weekend right?" Dylan asks, as we sit on my bed. He came over after school, and we're currently watching some shit on TV.

"Like you dont know" I mumble, and Dyl smiles.

"Yeah, you right" he scoots closer, his body flush to mine. "Are you nervous?" he mumbles, and my eyes flick between his before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Yeah" I murmur "I'm freaking out about it being..someone it shouldn't" I add, not being blunt.

"A chick" he clarifies, and I nod.

"Yeah man. I'm freaking out about it. My pops thought he'd have a female mate, and now he's with a guy. He did say he didn't have a preference though. And I do. Surely the moon goddess wouldn't do that to me"

"Nah dude. You're just worried. But I get it. I bet it'll be an older hottie" he wiggles his brows. "Maybe even a dominant wolf" he smirks, and I shove my shoulder with him.

"Shut up" I laugh. "We have training soon," I added, after a few moments.

"Yeah, it's going to suck. Noah has been a hard ass when he leads them"

"Yeah, because he sucks" I twist, laying on my back on the bed. Dyl follows me, nodding in agreement.

"You guys still fight?" he turns his head to mine, and I glance at him.

"Yeah, all the time. Pops scolds us like we're children though"

"Maybe because it's a little..immature" he says slowly, and my head turns completely to him.

"You think so?" I ask, seriously. He nods after a moment, and I sigh deeply. "I guess it does feel old. Like it's time to get over it, but it feels like he sucks me into it. I'm not putting my blame all on him, but it just feels like i try to ignore him and he gets under my skin quicker"

Dyl nods, taking in my words before sighing. "Yeah. I know what you mean" he turns back to the ceiling, and moves his hands under his head. "Maybe he feels the same about you, maybe you get under his skin? Maybe you guys do it to each other and don't even realize"

"So wise" I murmured, pushing up to a sitting position.

We get ready for training shortly after that. Layla is already there, and Xan barely goes. So Dyl and I walked to the pack house, just us. We make our way to the back field, and see the group of wolves lining up. I see Harper, the girl I met in school and I pull Dyl over with me.

She sees me, her face pulling into a wide grin. "Hey Bran"

"Hey, this is Dylan. Dylan, Harper "I introduce them, and Dylan shakes her hand.

"Hey" he murmurs, and we all get sorted for training. Noah is in the front, talking quietly with Layla. Noah is shirtless, and in gym shorts. If he wasn't such a dick, he'd be hot.

I have gym shorts on, and a tank top. We'll strip soon and shift, but we have to wait for the rest of the wolves to come.

It takes about 15 minutes, and then Noah is whistling and getting everyone's attention. "Alright. We're going to shift, run to the clearing and back. Once we are all back, we will shift and pair up- taking turns fighting. We need to be quick, the last one back from the clearing is on laundry duty for a week" he smirks, because no one wants to be on laundry duty.

They have to do towels, and sweaty gym clothes for the wolves who don't want to do their own. Mature, huh?

"Alright," he pauses, "Shift, lets go, lets go!" he shouts, and everyone starts stripping and shifting. My dark wolf pushes forward, and then we're sprinting off into the clearing. My paws pound, and I push myself as hard as I can. I am close to Layla and Noah, which is good. I push harder, trying to get closer.

A quick glance behind me, and I see a herd of wolves pushing. I'm at the clearing before I realize, and Layla and Noah are turning and going past me. Noah is quick, and Layla is right on his tail. I get to the spot to the clearing we're i turn and rush back through.

There's a different trail, slightly to the right. We go that way on the way back so we don't tackle other wolves. Someone gets ahead of me, and i push harder. Until I'm panting and my muscles are screaming. I push even more, and im passing them.

The backyard to the pack house is in view, and I'm almost there. I'm out of breath, and my body is already aching but i keep pushing and pushing.

Once I get to the field, I see Noah and Layla in their workout clothes. Neither is panting, Noah is actually smiling and Layla giggles at him. Once I get to my clothes, I shift and pull on my gym shorts. I collapse on the floor, my chest rising and falling quickly as I lean back on my hands.

"First one back!" Layla smiles, looking at me."Pops is going to be so proud!"

"Could be better, you were trailing behind us a lot" Noah grumbles, and my blood boils. He says I run my mouth, but he could have simply said nothing. I tried my fucking hardest, but he has to be a dick.

We don't get long until the backyard is filled with wolves, and then the last one is trailing in, head down. Everyone chants and nudges him as he comes through. He is a bit younger, maybe Xan's age and really small. Makes me think of my brother doing something like this and being last.

Noah puts us in groups, and we team up within our groups practice fighting. I do pretty well, i beat 3 out of 4 people. Then I'm going against my sister, and she kicks my ass. I land on my back, huffing out a heavy breath.

Noah comes over, a bitchy look on his face. "Branson you gotta work on your stance. You have to try if you want to get better" he says, "Again" he takes a stance beside us, waiting for me to get back up.

I bite the inside of my check, remembering what Dyl said. I get into position, and Layla does so as well. She goes to kick my leg out, so I dodge it, pulling her arm to my body and pushing it behind her.

When I get her where I want her, she drops all her weight into my hold, pushing me back and getting herself free. Once she's free, she swipes my leg and takes me down a second later. Noah sighs, shaking his head. '

"If you're not going to take it seriously, maybe you shouldn't come. '' His voice is harsh, bitchy. I snap to my feet, stepping towards him.

"Why are you being a dick? I am trying! I try my fucking best. Instead of being a dick, why don't you give me tips?! Show me how to fucking do it"

"Because you don't listen anyways' ' he snaps, stepping into my space. I shove him, and he shoves me right back. A growl rumbles from my chest, and I shove at him again.

"I do listen! You don't even try to help me" i grumble, and he shoves me hard enough that i land on my ass. Once I hit the floor, my blood boils over and I'm up on my feet, and my fist is connecting with Noah's jaw.

That's all it takes, for him to snap. He's got me pinned to the ground, and his fist connects with my eye. A deep, dark growl comes from his chest, and I shove at him. I try to get him off, but I can't.

Before another fist can connect with my face, he's being yanked off by Alpha Nolan, who yells. "ENOUGH!" His order is dark, deep and demanding. I push to my feet, and Noah glares at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he instantly barks at Noah. Noah tense and he shakes his head.

"He doesn't shut the fuck up" Noah growls, and a laugh bursts from my chest.

"Me?!" I laugh "You're the one who can't back the fuck off-"

"ENOUGH" Nolan shakes his head, glancing at the two of us. "I don't care. No one here cares who started it, who's more annoying. Just knock it the fuck off. Noah, upstairs. Bran, go home." he says, glancing between us again. "Now" he spits, and we do as he says. I grab my t-shirt, keeping my mouth shut. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 1.5K 32
Rogues were a species that were hated by many, some born as a rogue, some leaving their old packs because of their Alpha and some kicked out of their...
76.9K 2.6K 44
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
360K 16K 32
Wren Arroyo's wolf was broken. Born without a complete sense of smell, Wren knew he would never have that magical moment when true mates smell each o...
857K 38.3K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...