And It All Started With A Pun...

By axelakutz

"Wait..." She grinned, "you were thinking of Anya?" "WH-WHAT!!! NO I WASN'T!!!!!!!" --- (Updated story cover... More

TABLE OF CONTENTS
...-PROLOGUE-...
CH. 1 - Apparently Mistaken
CH. 2 - Are you catching feelings, Desmond?
CH. 3 So you are.
CH. 4 - The supposed plan
CH. 5 - Mahal (twiyor)
CH. 6 - Realization
Ch. 7 - That precious little girl
CH. 8 - Sorry, ...Forger.
CH. 9 - Loid, what are you doing here? (twiyor)
CH. 10 - Anya's tutoring session - Announcment
Ch. 14 - Paired up!
CH. 15 - Puppy love
CH. 16 - Just for the mission
CH. 17 - Glamourous ball
Hello to my readers (Must read, essential to story)
CH. 18 - It was never my intention
Hello to my readers again... (this is the last A/N "chapter" promise)
CH. 19 - I'm sorry
CH. 20 - A date
CH. 22 - The hell?
CH. 23 - Pink haired girl
CH. 24 - Becky the not-so-amazing-cupid
Announcement!
CH. 25 - Tease

CH. 21 - A certain pink girl's awakening

313 13 97
By axelakutz

---'•'---

Special shout-out to Lolmanz36942 for the motivation. I was so happy when I saw their comment that I decided to write this chapter as fast as I could. A short one, but the next one will be long! (I hope)

I wrote this in a few hours in total, so I hope it's clear and good enough for you guys to understand and read. Apologies for any mistakes!

---'•'---

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what are the proper medical procedures and whatever is said in here are based from my research. Thank you!

---'•'---

"Wh..aa–..." A pink haired girl tried to speak.

The door opened and Nurse Ola came halfway into the room, talking to Doctor Renold.

"I know, Doctor, I'm checking up on her n–"

Clank.

"Miss– miss forger!" The nurse dropped the food and rushed to her bed, immediately taking a seat next to a monitor, checking the girl's vitals carefully.

Doctor Renold immediately rushed into the room upon hearing the loud sound. "Nurse Ola? What—"  He stopped in his words once he saw the girl sitting up. "Miss Forger!"

"Is she okay!?" Renold said. "This is very sudden, it's a miracle she woke up... I thought she wouldn't wake up until next week..." 

"She's fine. I'll assist you in running some tests for her." Ola said, and stood up from her seat. Renold nodded and grabbed his stuff.

—'•'---

Doctor Renold sat in his office, typing a report about the state of their patient, then came two knocks on the door. "Come in," He said.

Swiiing, went the door.

"How are the tests going, Doc?" Doctor Cawa said, her hand still on the doorknob.

Doctor Renold froze at the voice and stammered. "U–uh, great... she's um...fine..." He said, debating if he should go away from his table or stay there.

Cawa giggled, "Alright, let me see," She said, and leaned over his back and took control of the mouse. "She has mild problems in walking, I see... but her abilities to speak are fine?"

"U–um... n–no... I mean— not really, she can speak but um... it's not really that good yet..." He said, speaking in a haze. Who cared if he made sense? Not him. Well– probably him.

Cawa nodded, "Ah, I see. Please put Anya Forger in physical therapy for at least 3 weeks or more. As for her speaking, please tell her to do..." She walked out of the room and came back with a file, and handed it to him. "These exercises."

"Oh, okay..." Renold slowly took the file when their hands suddenly touched and a current flew through his body, making him jump, "Ahhh..." He suddenly forgot how to speak. "Uhhh. Thank...you...Ca...wa..."

Cawa smiled. "Okay. I'll be going now," She said, and put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed it softly.

"Okay."

Squeeek, went the door.

...

"Okay," Renold repeated in an anxious tone, and clapped his hands together. "Okay!" He repeated in an even more anxious tone, and clapped his hands together harder. "Alright!" He said, then stopped moving for a few seconds, then melted onto his desk out of embarrassment and sighed.

...

Doctor Cawa stood outside the door smiling. "He's so awkward," She chuckled and walked away.

—'•'---

5 DAYS AFTER

"Aaaaaaaaaaazh... Ih wahhnha goh ouhhhtaaa..." Anya whined.

"No, Miss Forger, we still have to let you stay here for a while so we can monitor you." Nurse Ola said, pouring liquid into a spoon.

"Yohh creeeepeeeeehhh..." Anya whined even louder and slumped back. "Juzh lettha meah goooohhh..."

Nurse Ola made the spoon fly to Anya's mouth. "Come on, Anya, if you don't take this you won't go out." 

Anya blinked slowly and processed what she said. "Oooooooookkkayh." Then she slowly took a tiny sip of the medicine that was on the spoon.

Ola sighed, "Anyaaa. Do you want to go out or not?"

"I dooooh,"

"Then drink all of it."

"Waaahaaaaaaaam..." Anya reluctantly drank all of it and shook her head while having an expression that looked like she just ate the sourest thing on earth. She tried tapping on the table fast and tried saying that she wanted water by making "undefined" and indescribable gestures.

"Huh?" Said Ola quizzically. "What are you doing?"

Anya pointed to her throat and put both hands on there like she was trying to get out of a choke hold. "Waaaa–aaaah!!!"

Ola blinked in surprise as if she just got an idea with a lightbulb popping up beside her. "Ahhh, you want water..." She got up and came up with a glass of water – which Anya drank almost immediately.

"Ank yoh forh taht. Cahn I goh ouhttt naaaaowww..."

"No. I tricked you. You still have to stay here and you're not allowed to go out until blah blah."

"Yoh... yoh treeehcked meahhh...!?" Anya almost jumped out of her bed.

"I did," Ola said in a high–pitched–smug–like–voice, as she grabbed Anya's empty glass of water. "I'll be taking you to Doctor Cawa. She'll help you with physical therapy and speech therapy as well. You'll be able to go out overmorrow, but you'll still have to stay at bedrest and go here for your physical and speech therapy." 

"Ohhhkeeeehhh..." Anya said sadly and lowered her head.

—'•'---

OVERMORROW
(the day after tomorrow)

"Doctor, how is she!?" Yor rushed over to Anya and put her hands on Anya's shoulders. Loid came in a moment later and also ran to Anya.

"She's doing great so far, give her at least 3 to 18 weeks – or 5 months for physical therapy. She doesn't have many problems except for her limp since she has muscle weakness. As for her speech therapy, she has longgorhea caused by her coma. Her prolonged inactivity caused her to have muscle weakness, which also included her vocal muscles. It's amazing how she can heal so fast," Doctor Cawa smiled.

"That's good...has she already started therapy?" Yor said, her shoulders relaxing.

"Yes, today is actually her first day and we just finished the session. It's twice a week,"

"Ah, really," Yor and Doctor Cawa started discussing Anya's health and progress, meanwhile, Loid was talking to Anya.

"Anya, never do that again, please...," He put a firm hand on her hand, as if trying to not let her go after what happened; a worried expression plastered onto his face.

"Iiiih knooohw paahapaa..." Anya said.

"Why do you talk like that?" He smiled, though he already knew, he wanted to lighten up the mood somehow.

"Grrrrrh," Anya made a dinosaur–like gesture and slopped down on her chair.

"You're really strange," Loid laughed.

Anya sighed. "I wannaaaah zee beckeh and... Syyyyooohn booohyyy..."

—'•'---

It had been no more than 2 weeks since Anya's awakening when Damian got a call that he should be at school otherwise he'd be expelled. How stupid is that? He was only gone for 6 weeks and this happens? That's only 2 months. 2 months only! It wasn't like there was anyone waiting for him there. Only his fangirls who were after his money and looks.

"Desmond!" The substitute teacher said, and slapped his ruler on Damian's table, causing him to wake up from his thoughts. "Pay attention!"

"Hm? Oh. Where's Mr. Henderson?" Damian said, his head resting on his hand.

The substitute teacher sighed. "He's sick so I'm taking over. If you didn't hear at the start of the lesson."

"Yeah, I didn't," Damian said nonchalantly.

"Ugh. You're annoying, let's get on with the lesson," The teacher said and went back to the board.

'The disrespect...' Damian rolled his eyes.

Slam!

"Huh?" He immediately straightened his posture upon hearing the loud sound.

"I'm so sorry for being late!" A girl said, barging in with her bag.

'Wait. I know that voice.'

"It's fine, take your seat." The teacher said. She nodded and headed over to her seat, which was next to Damian.

She began to unpack her things, not noticing Damian there. And when she finally turned around to put her notebook on the table, she saw him staring at her. "Ah! Damian!?"

...

"What the hell are you doing here?" He said.

"Um, this is my school,"

"And that's Sir Damian to you, Iduna."

"Ah..." She looked back at her table and started taking imaginary notes.

...

"Let's go on another outing," She said.

...

"Uh, okay." Damian replied.

...

Then he realized what he said. "I was saying okay to the teacher. Not you." Oh my gosh.  Am I really that absent minded today!?

...

"I'll meet you at the ferry, again, tonight."

...

"Whatever." He waved his hand in a dismisal gesture and started writing notes.

Then he realized what he said.

He paused, then went back to writing anyway.

Maybe she'll annoy me again and I'll get my mind off Anya.

...

Wait, doesn't that mean I'm using her?

...

Oh, whatever anyway.

I doubt she actually likes me.

—'•'—

A/N
---

Rushed chapter! Sorry for any mistakes, but I had to finish this fast. It's currently 1:56am right now, and it's Monday tomorrow. No idea why I'm still up. But I want to move on to the next chapter already, soo yes.

I wrote this in a few hours in total, as I said at the start of the chapter. So, sorry for the mistakes!

I am not a medical proffesional and I know nothing about what I'm saying. This is from my research and please correct me if I have any mistakes.

Thank you and I'll be releasing the next chapter soon and bye!

- Alexa 🐧💗

TIKTOK: alexayerzzz
INSTAGRAM: akutza.notsecretacc

Word count: 1613

(Please do check out the pinned video because that's a sneak of "My Dear Yor" book. Thank you!💗)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 5K 41
A fanfiction about Anya Forger x Damian Desmond based 10 years after the Spy x Family manga/anime. Anya starts to feel hopeless about becoming an imp...
1.5K 433 24
یــەڪـــەم ڕۆژیے بــەهـــار بـــوو بـــەڵـــام خـــەونـــەڪــانــیے ڪــیــم تــایــهـــۆنــگ وەڪ گـــەڵـــایے پـــایـــز وەریــــن Startd :- Jun/13/2...
286K 7.2K 64
You are one of a kind. Well, at least that's what your father said. Not in a good way tho. Ever since you were born to Earth, all of the blames was...
18.6K 516 50
Following the tragedy of his parents' deaths Lorenzo Chu is brought from Italy to his family home in Korea by his uncle. His talents in music are qui...