Blessed: The Abandoned Wife

By misttressofseas

Their arranged marriage ended six years ago.... then who is her daughter....is it her daughter or his as well... More

Characters Introduction
Slap
Reining in the Chaos
Meet-a-friend
Un-Accountable Encounter!
Time Out
Looking for a Frog
Honeymoon Tours and Travels
Song of the heart
Running into you!
Growl...
What kind of marriage?
Proof
Answers and Questions
Vee and Dee
Coffee Date
Dyuti's father?
Investigation begins
Primate, horses and a bat?
Making of a Match?
Il-'logical' choice?
They tell him...
Aftermath
The March

The Return

488 17 2
By misttressofseas

Daivik was busy in his office closing a file when Viren's secretary called to say that there was a visitor for him. Usually there was no one to meet him here in India and he managed the US business through online meetings and by staying up in the night. The reception incidents yesterday night had irritated him to no end and he had drowned himself in work. He did want to think of the beautiful woman who had cheated on him. So, he was happy to spend time in office and more than curious to see who had come to meet him.

Daivik: A visitor for me? Okay send them in, I need to run for lunch with Viren right after, tell them I have only 10 mins for them.
Assistant: Yes sir, I am sending her in.

When the door opened and he saw a feminine figure, Daivik was surprised. He got up from the desk towards the door, meanwhile Shubhi entered and saw his huge office with awe. The huge desk covered one fourth of the office, the wooden panels covered the two walls, the one to her left was a glass wall with beautiful views of the city. The door itself was huge and had a motion sensor, it had opened at one knock from her, surprising her. What she did not know was that Daivik had hit a button on his desk to allow her in. To her it seemed that the door opened by magic. Seeing her lost and confused Daivik smirked and cleared his throat, bringing back her attention to himself.

Shubhi: (trying to hide her embarrassment) Hi
Daivik: Hi
He looked dapper in a green colored shirt and the black jacket and pants that he wore. The clothes only served to highlight his toned physique, she remembered how particular he was about exercising. She stood a few feet from the door and Daivik stood at the other side of the desk, he had literally fallen out of his chair on seeing her. She was dressed in a mustard and red kurti that skimmed her knees, the bottom was cigarette pants in cream- yellow color providing the right dark and light contrast. She looked vibrant yet presentable, the colors spoke of the recent festivities but not over the top. The color of henna covered her hands and wrists. The three fourth sleeve of her kurti started where the henna ended. Daivik was not sure why he was noticing all this! He was not sure what to say!

Daivik: So you are here...

Shubhi took a few steps, rounding around the big couch and reached his desk. There was a laptop, multiple monitors, a stack of files and interesting stationary, all neatly placed. Typical Daivik she thought and then  took out a box from her bag and placed it on the table. It was a beautiful box but Daivik was not in any mind to touch it till he knew what it was.
Daivik: What is this?
Shubhi: Jewelry
Daivik:  (confused) What for?
Shubhi: You had asked for it
Daivik: (still confused) Why
Shubhi: (tersely) For your wife
Daivik: But you are my wife
Shubhi: (looking sternly into his eyes) Ex -wife
Daivik: (pointing to the box) So who is this for?
Shubhi: (irritated and angry, crossing her arms on her chest) Your appropriate wife! The one who would deserve you!

Daivik: (this was getting weirder by the minute) Who told you that?

Shubhi: Your mom had asked me to return it to so that your real wife can have it.
Daivik: She is not here so you can keep it!

Shubhi: You reminded me of it yesterday, it is meant for your wife...so you keep it

Daivik: But this is your streedhan! Why should I keep it?
Shubhi: This has heirloom jewelry as well, some jewelry.....that your grandfather gifted me.
Daivik: So, keep the gift...it was meant for you....it is yours!
Shubhi: I do not want to keep Rawal family heirlooms
Daivik: Why and why now?
Shubhi: (looking at him resolutely) Time has come, I need a clean break to start my life again...
Daivik: (getting angry, thinking she is planning to go to someone else) Clean break....new start?...Does this have to do with Dyuti's father!!

Daivik has already rounded the desk and is standing few feet away from her, his fists are clenched and his anger is apparent in his louder than usual tone.

Shubhi: (shocked for a moment, not knowing how to answer that but deciding to take him head on) yes this has a lot to do with Dyuti's father
Daivik: (taking a step towards her) Interesting
Shubhi: (backing towards the wall) What is interesting about it
Daivik: Well coming from someone like you
Shubhi: What do you mean someone like me
Daivik had started moving towards her and as she stepped back, her back hit the wooden panel on the side wall. He caged her between his hands on either side and she looked at him in surprise. He was 8 inches taller than her and they had often joked about how she looked up to him. He moved her hair from the shoulder and looked at something. It still smelt of Vanilla, he had to push that thought away! Then he spoke closely in her ear.
Daivik: Someone like you who believed in the mate bond and forever.
Shubhi: (surprised that he remembered that, but recovered quickly) I was a dreamy eyed kid back then
Daivik: (looking into her eyes, his tone soft but deadly) You said you were a woman, ready for your mate
Shubhi: (looking away) I stand corrected! He used me and abandoned me!
Daivik: I did not use you! You know you were as much in it .... these were your fantasies
Shubhi: Yes I shared my fantasies with you....

Daivik: I was happy to fulfill them....

Shubhi: That was all I meant to you! You fulfilled my fantasies and did not even look back....
Daivik: And you ran into the arms of another man!
Shubhi: You are saying that I cheated on you! I know what a bond is!
Daivik: Let us see your respect for the mate bond!

Daivik kisses her skin where the collarbone and the neck meet and when she made a sound, he sucked her sensitive skin. Her moans said that she still responded to him. By the time he withdrew, both were out of breath and panting. Desire was evident in her eyes as they glazed and the anger in his eyes as he tried to think what he was doing. This was a honey trap and he would not be fooled again! He stepped back, giving her some space and she realized how close they were standing.
Shubhi: (angry and embarrassed) I will not fall for this now!
Daivik: (smirking) You fell on me yesterday!
Shubhi: It was an accident....and that reminds me.... (she takes a paper out of her kurti pocket) here is the list of jewelry that is there in the box, you can match it
Daivik: (standing in front of her) What is the hurry?
Shubhi: (very angry and upset) My family is looking for matches for me...and I do not want the reminder of this....or Rawal heirlooms with me...
Daivik: Not wanting any connection with the Rawals?
Shubhi: (pointing her finger at him) Yes Mr. Royal Rawal, this time I will marry someone of my stature- a commoner.
Daivik: (feeling jealous, irritated and angry) Do I know him?
Shubhi: (only wanting to get out of the room and conversation) My parents are looking after that aspect. And, I repeat, I want to start my life on a clean slate.
Daivik: (he decided to taunt her) Why are you looking for someone? Dyuti's father is not marrying you?
Shubhi: (angry now at his constant accusations) I would not marry him, even if he offered!
Daivik: (thinking his accusation finally hit the mark) So, he was meant only for the bed? Tell me did he also fulfilled your fantasies.
Shubhi: (shocked, losing control on her temper, steps on his well booted shoes) None of your business!
Daivik: Arghh (he screams and takes two steps back)
Shubhi: And stay away from me and my daughter!

As she walks out in anger,  she does not notice Viren walking through the corridor. Viren was looking for brother as to why he was late for lunch. He could only see a retreating figure, but not who it was. Intrigued, Viren entered Daivik's office, finding him still catching his breath after the intense encounter with Shubhi. The tension in the room was palpable, and Viren sensed something was amiss.

Viren: (raising an eyebrow) What happened here?

Daivik: (running a hand through his hair) Shubhi was here...

Viren: So that lady....was Shubhi....

Daivik: (still trying to normalize himself) Yes...

Viren: She did not even greet me! What was she doing here?

Daivik: (running a hand through his hair) Shubhi came to return the Rawal family heirlooms. 

Viren: Rawal family heirlooms?!!!

Daivik: Apparently grandfather had gifted her some.....She doesn't want anything to do with the Rawals anymore.

Viren: Dev! are you crazy! She is your ex-wife! this is her streedhan! You should not keep it!

Daivik: I told her I did not want it, but she was adamant.....

Viren: (confused) Weird? But why now?

Daivik: (sighing) She claims it's about starting afresh and moving on. 

Viren: I know her family is looking for matches for her...

Daivik: (back to irritation) Why look for matches? She can marry that fellow!

Viren: What fellow?

Daivik: Dyuti's father.

Viren: (serious) Dyuti's father? Never heard of him or met him.....but nothing to do with our family...

Daivik: (leaning against the desk) I don't know, but she's adamant about cutting ties with the Rawals. Says she's looking for a commoner to marry.

Viren: Commoner? What do you mean?

Daivik: She knows that....we....we have royal blood in us...

Viren: Well....but who talks like that in today's world?

Daivik: Mom might have said something....

Viren: What?

Daivik: I mean...mom asked her to return the jewelry...

Viren: But you can argue against it.....Wait... what is that paper next to the box?

Daivik: That is the list of jewelry in the box

Viren:(looking at the list and the contents of the box) And you call her a scammer! A gold digger!

Daivik: What do you mean?

Viren: This box is worth someone's lifetimes' savings! You can buy an entire villa with this!

Daivik: Yes...it looks....its worth should be in crores!

Viren: You are an idiot!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

🌟 A heartfelt thank you to all readers! @minnietina @AKSHARA1904 @Stephanie28beatrix  @ArathyVs @hellofeelas @aadha_aloo Your votes, comments, and positive vibes are the driving force behind this story. 🙏 

For those who do not know much about the Werewolf genre, I can provide some context in the next chapter....do comment to let me know. 

 Your engagement adds immense value, and I appreciate each one of you. Excited to continue this journey together! 📖✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764K 48.6K 44
The world lays at his feet but his world is her. The king bows to no one except his queen. ☆°•°☆☆°•°☆ " How could I want anyone else when I am only b...
291K 11.3K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
424K 25.5K 36
I took my seat in the train and took a deep breath. "Every things is ok, Adhya." I said to myself as release a deep breath. "Is it?" a cold voice ca...
865K 54K 35
( 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 #𝟏) "Alright this is getting out of my head, just out with it, who is she?" His best friend asked him.. "MERI HONE...