Not this time

By Mileniumbreaker13

After falling through a time portal created by the time twins, Kai finds himself back on the day he always wi... More

Chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4

chapter 2

34 2 4
By Mileniumbreaker13

Kai thought about a lot of things on the way to the museum. There were many things that could happen in there. He still had no idea what he would do or how to keep the ghost away from Lloyd. Though he did know the weakness of every ghost. Just a little water or deepstone would do. But there was a slim chance that he would find that in the museum.

What was he even supposed to do? How much could he change the past before it would affect the future? Was anything important happening during all of this? Well, Nya did find out about her water abilities, but he could fix that one.

Anything else? Ah, the realm crystal. Was it important to have that? He wasn't too sure. But the last thing that popped into his mind was, that nothing would change if he got rid of Morro in the museum. He would break free again at some point. No, he had to make sure that some events took place.

But Lloyd wouldn't be a part of them. The fire ninja sighed as they flew over the city. Sensei had warned them already that messing with the past was dangerous. But he couldn't stop himself from doing this. To protect Lloyd and spare him from pain just this once.

"Something wrong?"

Kai looked over at the green ninja, unsure of what to say. He forces a smile on his face. "Nah, just thought that we would be free for the rest of the day."

"Yeah" the blond laughed. "That monster of a fish this morning was enough work for one day. But whenever duty calls, we answer."

And it made him wonder. Why did Lloyd still have to do this? They had trained him when he was a child, because they had to. What would be the harm in letting him be a child again? To let him have all these moments that were taking from him far too early. Now that Misako was with them, it could be possible.

"Don't you want a day off for once? Everyone counts on us to solve their problems, but we have life's too. Things we would like to do in other places. When was the last time you went to the beach?"

Maybe that was too much. But the sudden curiosity that overcame him was overpowering. No one had ever asked Lloyd what he wanted. Why shouldn't he have a normal day?

"Ah, I think that was on the dark island when I broke my leg" Lloyd laughed.

"See?! That was years ago. We should take more time for ourselves. Even the police can't expect us to solve every problem Ninjago has."

"Where does this suddenly come from? I thought you loved the attention?" the blond raised an eyebrow.

Kai huffed. "I did. Before I realized that there is more in life than fame. Especially when you're just famous because you risk your life. You should be allowed to be selfish too."

Lloyd hummed at that. "I guess. Haven't thought about it in some time. I mean, if I could change something, then I would definitely take more time for myself. I'm sure there will come a time where we can have some peace."

Yeah, peace. But not today. As the museum finally came into his view, Kai knew he had to make a choice. But it wasn't hard to choose. If he had to choose between his freedom and the safety of his little brother, there was no doubt in his mind. All he had to do was get Lloyd out the right moment.

How hard could that be?

As soon as they landed, Kai saw the tape that two policemen were wrapping around the front entrance. When they looked up, both of them looked more than relieved.

"Oh great, the ninja. You come right on time" one of them said.

"Yeah, you called that there was a break-in?" Lloyd asked as they passed the tape.

"Definitely. The night guard got so spooked last night, that he's barely able to talk" the other nodded towards the elder night guard that was sitting on a bench. A blanket around his shoulder and a cup in his hands. Tea, if Kai had to guess.

Another guess told him that this wasn't the night guard. Not right now. All of them were already lured into a false sense of security. None of them were save. And as much as the brunet hated to admit it, Morro was strong. Physically and mentally. Not to mention the connection to his element.

When the night guard looked up, he looked surprised and a bit annoyed. Surprised to see two ninja and annoyed because of that as well.

Right now, Kai had a pretty good picture of what had happened next. And what would happen next. Just not as the ghost had hoped.

"Thanks', we'll talk to him" Lloyd said, already walking towards the night guard. Shit.

How much Kai wanted to yell at the other to stay away. To yank him out of the museum and hide him somewhere. Possibly under water. The best place to hide from a ghost.

"Hey, uh....."

Kai turned back towards the police officer, who had a puzzled expression on his face.

"Who called you again? Because we sure didn't" he said.

"Oh, must've been someone from the museum itself. Don't think too much about it" he waved them off.

The best explanation he could come up with. He couldn't really tell them the truth. That would definitely throw time off track.

"Right. Shouldn't you be following the green ninja?" the policeman pointed towards the hallway.

"What?" Kai followed his movement to see that Lloyd was gone. And so was the ghost.....

"Shit" he cursed, running down the hallway.

He could already hear the tumbling of boxes and metal falling to the ground. Did Morro have a fucking weapon? Lloyd never came back with major injuries that day. So if he did, the ghost definitely missed.

It wasn't hard to find the room from which all the noise was coming from. As he tried to open the door, he found that it was locked. Yelling came from the inside, but through his own panic, Kai had trouble to understand any words.

The red ninja threw himself against the door with all of his might. He could feel the door giving in just slightly. Not enough to break the lock just yet, but enough to let him know that it was possible. But he needed a better plan.

As he threw himself against the door once more, Kai heard something falling to the ground. His eyes followed the sound. Just a few feet beside the door was a small table on which had been a bottle, knocked to the ground. A bottle with water. During his panic, he hadn't even noticed it.

Picking it up, he saw that there wasn't much left in the bottle. He could only hope that it would be enough for his purpose. Getting Lloyd out of there.

Kai took a deep breath, clutching the bottle in his right hand and threw himself against the door one last time. The lock gave in, wood splintering around the frame. Hell yeah!

The red ninja didn't waste any time to find Lloyd and standing in front of him protectively, his free hand finding the younger one's shoulder to hold him back. He scowled.

Wind was blasting around the room, but the brunet knew exactly where to look. During the few battles he had had with Morro, Kai had learned how to locate him in the raging wind.

"Would you look at that. Team B has arrived" the ghost laughed.

"Don't underestimate me. I know exactly how to handle one of your kind" he growled, unscrewing the cap of the bottle. "Come any closer towards my brother and I'll blast you right back into the cursed realm!"

A short silence followed. Nothing but the wind around them to be heard. Even though it was hard see, both of them were glaring at each other.

"I would like to see you try" Morro scoffed as he finally let the wind die down.

Kai raised the water bottle. "I know very well that this isn't enough to get rid of you permanently. But it's enough to make sure that my brother gets out of here unharmed. Your move."

"But Kai-"

"It's okay" he didn't turn around to face the other. He wouldn't be able to bear the look on Lloyd's face. Not right now. "I promised, remember? Just this morning. It's my job to protect you now."

The bottle of water was threat enough to hold any ghost back. Maybe it wouldn't kill him, but it would hurt enough to hold him back. Stop him, even. If only for a few minutes.

"I call your bluff" Morro scoffed. "No one would ever sacrifice themselves like this."

Kai smirked. "That's where you're wrong. I would do anything for him."

"For him? Oh yes. For your oh so powerful green ninja. The destined savior. Save it!" he hissed.

He had to act dumb. If he showed too much, then Morro would know that something was off. Even more than it already was.

"Is this what all of this is about? Lloyd?"

"That old fool knew that it was me. He told me himself. Why should I give away the title that was rightfully mine?!" the wind master hissed.

"Yeah, that's what I thought too. For way too long. But we don't always get what we want" Kai shot back. He still didn't turn around to look at Lloyd.

The incident with Chen had happened just a few weeks ago in this time. He didn't want to tear open any other wounds. For himself, and Lloyd.

"We'll see about that!"

And with that, the ghost charged. Seeing no other chance, Kai swung the water bottle, forcing the liquid inside out and onto the ghost. The brunet heard him scream and wasted no time. He turned around and shoved Lloyd towards the exit.

"But Kai-" he began to protest.

"No time. He's clearly after you. Go. Tell Sensei Wu and the others. I'll hold him off" he quickly said.

"I can't leave you alone" the blond almost whimpered.

"I'll be fine. Please Lloyd."

Lloyd looked ready to cry, Kai knew that look. But he couldn't give in this time. He needed Llyod to leave, no matter what. It was his only chance to save his little brother.

"And no matter what you see, no matter what you hear, don't turn around. Fly back and warn the others. I'll follow as soon as I'm done with this guy." But he knew that his chances of keeping that promise were slim.

With his eyes clenched shut, the blond nodded, and began to run for the exit.

Kai sighed in relief, turning back towards the enraged ghost.

"You just had to ruin my plan, didn't you?" the ghost yelled in anger.

Kai just shrugged. "It's kinda what I do. Or did you think I would just let you hurt my brother?"

Morro growled. "Don't think you can get away this easy. I don't need the brat."

Yeah, he knew that. He just chose Lloyd because he was the green ninja, and Morro was not. As much as he hated to admit it, Kai knew that feeling. He had been jealous of Lloyd for a long time. But after he realized how hard it was for the kid, knowing he had to fight his father, he put those feelings aside.

He cracked his knuckles. "Then let's see how you fair against someone that knows how to handle a ghost."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 4.5K 39
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
585K 9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
109K 3.3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
168K 17.6K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...