The Army

By SpencerDodd

More

The Army

Home Sweet Home

116 1 1
By SpencerDodd

After a long time that felt like forever in the army, I got to come home and see my baby baoy turned into a young boy. I walked through the door of my house to see my Wife, Sue, my son Jack and all my friends in the middle of the room with a big banner over their head saying 'Surprise!'

At first, when I walked in, I saw Jacks face with the biggest smile I had ever seen, but once he saw me he didn't look so good. I thought it was because my legs had just been blow of by a tank or the fact that he hasn't seen me since he was a baby.

"Hey! Jack I've missed you so mucccchhh!" I cried while picking him up and hugging him tighty.

"Irm.. Hi, what's your name and who are you?" He asked with a tone that was like, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE.

Thats when I felt really upset about that. I didn't know he had started being so curious, well, babys arn't exactly very curious anyway.

"I'm your...Dad son, don't you remember me... Ahh! Look, here is a photo from when you was a baby. I always keep in my pocket and look at it in the army when i'm frightened or worried."

"Dad!" He cried with tears of joy to see that I was his dad, "we need to know eachother a little better! Lets go the park!" He said smily happily.

"So then, you know everything about me so whats new about my baby little boy?" I said cheerfully

"Haha, oh shut up dad, am not a baby, i'm 6 now!" He exclaimed.

"I know, I have been counting ever year at the army, thats how much i've missed you" I mumbled.

"Anyway, It was my birthday last week and I got alot of presents! I got a new bike, a new game for my games console, a new laptop, and my favourite game for the laptop...'World Of Warcraft'. He claimed excitedly happy with his prizes. 

"And my school is great, I have really nice teachers and I love english and maths! Also, my best friend Seth tought me how to whistle!" He cried.

"Hey! my best friend is called Seth to son! But not anymore, now he's my second best and your my first!" I said hugging tight like back in the house.

"O..k dad, you're kill..in me!" He tried to speak.

I let him go and then we set of home, having a Roast Dinner and toffe pudding with custard for desert! 

"So then, hunney, how have  you been" Sue said with a little smirk on the side of her face, giving me a little kiss on the cheek.

I pulled a smirk to and just stared at her for a few munuites, then I remembered she just asked me a question. 

"Ohh.. irm, great, apart from the fact that I got my legs blow of and my 'second best mate' got a bullet through his leg, I said doing a little smirk back.

Jack looked at me because of the way I put quotes round 'second best mate' and how he knew he was the first. He also now pulled a cheeky little smirk.

After six months, I got my robotic legs and then learned how to get used to them for a month before I set off back to the army base. I was truly missing Seth.

"Bye dad, LOVE YOU!" Jack shouted as I left the house.

"Love you honey, see you later, and always send postcards!" She shouted even louder once I was further away

Continue Reading