Always You (Leah Williamson x...

By Woso_23

Cara Gross is a professional football player for the german national team and vfl wolfsburg.She is the daugth... More

Introduction
The Beginning
Meeting the Team
An end and a new beginning
Summer Break
Training Camp
Training Camp II
Complicated
First Game in Red
Do you need a Hug ?
Come with me
Blue eye
North London Derby
You are jealous
Vacation
Its okay..
Back in London
Roommates
Can't i find new friends ?
Ask her.
(Happy) New Year
Im sorry.
I have made a decision
Arnold Clark Cup
Coming Home
You are my everything
Rumours
Magical Place
What have i done ?
Hate
Im there for you
Feeling Better
The House
Christmas
Hello :)
Instagram Posts
Hello II :)

The Start.

1.5K 33 2
By Woso_23

Cara POV:

I sit at the Airport London Heathrow and sigh my flight is already one hour late.I could've spend more time with Leah if i knew that.

I sigh and look at my phone i see some posts of my teammates from Germany and decide to post something too.

(Imagine this is Cara)

Cara_Gross7 posted tagged in this post @dfb_frauenteam
Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to Munich to drive to National Camp.Im excited i hope you guys are too 🇩🇪

Comments

leahwilliamsonn: 🫠🔥❤️
arsenalwfc: Our gunner ❤️
alexscott2: Girl is looking fine 🤌🏼
liawaelti: Missing my hot bestie ❤️
katie_mccabe11:
German Beast 🇩🇪🫶🏼
dfb_frauenteam: We will wait for you 🫡
lena_oberdorf:Girl..🔥
merlefrohms:Never missing with the fit 🤌🏼🔥
RobbyS_12: 🧐I know that Jacket
funwithEl70: When do you start your modeling career ? 🤔

After 40 more minutes the plane finally arrived and i got to fly to Munich before one of the drivers from the DFB found me to drive me to Herzogenaurach where our Camp would be.

I already spend much time there with the german team and with Arsenal and the next Arsenal Camp was probaly gonna be there too which was cool cause this Adidas Camp was perfect to start into a new season or in a tournament like we do now.
I pull put my phone and decide to text Leah and inform her.

Cara: Im gonna call you in the evening.I need to change clothes immediately when i got there and have media meetings.
My flight was almost two hours late.
🙄🥴

Le❤️:Alright.Just text or call me when you have eaten dinner and are at your room.I love you ❤️🙃

Cara:Love you too ❤️

I put my phone away and soon arrive at the camp and go straight to the team meeting we have.Our Coach Martina tells us a few things and how the next two weeks here at the Camp are gonna look like.
After that i greet my teammates but need to change into some clothes from the DFB before i head to the press conference where i needed to be.

,,Hello to this press conference with one of our players Cara Gross.I will give everyone a sign that they can ask their questions and yeah so lets begin" Kate our Press Manager said and i look forward with a small smile and place my hands down in front of me.

She chooses the first interviewer and i look over to him ,,Nice to see you again Cara" he says and i nod with a small smile ,,Nice to see you too"

,,Camp finally starts now..are you excited for the next weeks with this team ?And how do you rate your chances for this upcoming tournament ?" he asks and i smile

,,Im really excited for these next weeks and cant wait to step out on the pitch again with these girls.I always love coming back to these national camps and i think we have a good chance to win this euros.
Germany won this title 8 times so why not a 9 time..of course we know that the teams got stronger and nearly everyone has a good chance to win this title too but we will try our best" i say with a smile and Kate picks the next one.

,,You already said that the other teams got stronger and everyone can compete on this high level.Who do you think has some good chances too to win this tournament ?" a female interviewer asks with a smile

I nod while she asks her question and smile slightly ,,God there are so many where i think they have a good chance too.
Sweden,Norway,France,Netherlands,
Spain who are in our group which will be interesting and of course England.
I think they only have WSL Players in their roster so i know them quite well and can tell everyone that they have a strong team plus the fact that they play in their own country which only pushes you more i think"

Kate picks her again since she had a second Question ready ,,You already mentioned Spain who are in your Group.Do you think this will be the hardest Game in the group ?" she asks while i grab the glass with water in it for me and take a sip.

,,I wouldn't say that.Denmark has a good team too and Finland wouldn't be part of this tournament if they couldn't play football.Every Game will be hard for their own reasons and it is our job to get done with it and to make sure we finish on top of the group" i say with a smile and take a second sip of my glass while Kate picks the next one.

,,Hey..Cara you had an amazing season if i read it correct you scored  23 Goals and had 25 Assists a lot for a left winger.Do you think that if you play a good tournament that you will win the Ballon D'Or ?" he asks and i smile slightly and chuckle

,,Well it sounds good when you read it like that but i mean it was League ,two different cups and the Champions League so it took a lot of Games to have these stats" i say with a small chuckle ,,Plus if im being honest i think there are players who deserve it more.Alexia Putelles had an amazing season and won nearly everything.My Teammates Beth Mead and Vivianne Miedema both played a great season too and i could name so many more players like Sam Kerr and these only play in Europe if we look over to America there are players too who could win this" i say with a smile

,,I obviously wouldn't say no to that award but yeah i think Alexia will win it back to back if i need to bet on it" i say and Kate picks the next one.

,,Do you think that maybe the fact that you didnt really win something with Arsenal plays a part in this ?" he asks

,,I dont know..maybe but we still had a good season not the greatest of course since we didnt win the league but yeah like i said i dont know how they exactly decide everything and what needs to be done to win it.
I just try to play my best game every season and to improve my Game everytime so i can get better and better" i say to him with a nod and turn to next interviewer who Kate picked.

,,Would this maybe be a reason for a transfer ?You finished now your second season with Arsenal and only winning the FA Cup and the Conti Cup both once cant be the Standard for someone who won everything with Wolfsburg" he asks and i sigh quietly.
Of course something like this needs to come up.

,,Of course it is not the standard for me or anyone else on my team but we try to improve our Game and try to win everything" i answer quickly.

,,But would this be a reason for a transfer ?" he asks and i look to him

,,Never.When i took the chance to transfer from Wolfsburg to Arsenal i said that i wanted to have a new challenge and this challenge is still on.Im happy at Arsenal and have an amazing team around me and wonderful fans who support us all the time" i say smiling.

Kate picks the next one and i smile friendly at them ,,You started the challenge with Arsenal back then and said that you wanted to make the next step in your career does this mean you think that the WSL and in General English Teams are better ?"

I nod slightly and sigh ,,Not better otherwise teams like Wolfsburg and Bayern wouldn't play in the Champions League i just think that the difference between the first place and the last place isnt that big as in the Bundesliga.
Birmingham still had the chances to win against top four teams this year while i think the last place in the Bundesliga lost nearly every Game with 5-0.The Level is a bit higher but the Bundesliga improves and we already notice that teams beside Wolfsburg and Bayern get better" i answer to her.

,,Why do you think it is like this ?Do you think the WSL just has better players ?" she asks and i shake my head.

,,The clubs just invest more money into womens football in England and im not saying everything is perfect because it is definitely not but the clubs in England have more money because of the clubs and the Promotion in the medias and everything that comes together.And obviously with more money you get better players.The Bundesliga starts to improve into the right way and i hope they continue aswell as the other leagues in Europe and hope that nearly every league can compete on the same level like it is in the mens Game" i answer her and look over to Kate.

,,The DFB annouced that you are third Captain for the team..how did that come and have you changed since then ?" another interviewer asks and i chuckle slightly

,,I think i got it because how i am so no i didnt change since then.Im a person who is there for every teammate and wants to make sure that everyone feels like a part of the team.Even if they sit the most of the time at the sideline everyone has a part in this team and i make sure that it is like this.And i think Poppi,Svenni and Martina just came to me and asked me if i wanted to since i was a part of the leaders already" i answer

Kate picks a younger reporter a child and i smile at the two young girls ,,Hello you two" i say with a big smile ,,We would like to ask you why you choose to play football ?" one of them asks and i smile at them.
,,I wasnt sure for a long time if i wanted to play football professional but i got the chance after a scout from Wolfsburg saw me play in my hometown club and yeah took it and choose football over Ice Hockey back then" i say to them with a smile and the other girl stands up.

,,Would you ever move back to Wolfsburg ?" she asks me and i chuckle slightly ,,I dont know..maybe.I love the team and the fans so maybe in a few years to the end of my career but right now im happy at Arsenal" i say to her.

I smile at them and i answer two more Questions before i took some photos with Interviewers who wanted one and with the two girls.I also signed their shirt and spoke to them for a bit before i needed to go.

I had to do a photoshoot for the UEFA before we got out and took out on the pitch and shot some more pictures there.We had more interviews before the day was finally over and we got dinner.

I sat with Obi,Lea,Merle and Sara Doorsoun at one table while we ate dinner and talked about the last weeks ,,Where you in Italy again ?" Merle asks and i nod ,,With or without a certain blonde ?" Lea asks and i grin ,,With..and some parts of her family and my parents" i say and she nods
,,Was it good ?" she asks and i nod ,,Wonderful" i say with a smile.

We talk more about our families before we all head to our rooms and i facetime Leah with a big smile

,,Hello you" she says with a smile and i grin slightly ,,Hello to you too" i say and sit down on the bed and look at her.

,,How are you ?You look tired" Leah asks me and i smile at her ,,Good just finished dinner and yeah im a bit tired" i say to her ,,What did you do today ?" Leah asks and i sigh while i go through my face with my hand ,,Media..a lot of Media and a lot of photos for the Uefa" i say and lean back into the bed and lay down on the side and look to my phone.

,,Well then i know how my day tomorrow looks.We will have media day and the Uefa Photoshoots tomorrow" she says and i smile slightly ,,When will you arrive at the camp ?" i ask her ,,Around 9 in the morning" Leah says and i nod
,,Excited ?" I ask and she nods with a big smile ,,Very excited..i cant wait to play with them again" she says and i smile at her.

,,I will text you when i arrive alright ?" Leah says and i nod ,,Alright..but dont expect a reply.We have training then so i text you back when the first session is over" i say to her and she nods
,,We will just call the other one at the evening.We both have a lot going on the next weeks so i think our only opportunity to speak is at the evening" she says and i sigh ,,Yep"

I look at her and smile ,,Why are you looking at me like that ?" Leah asks with a slight chuckle ,,Cant i look at my girlfriend like that ?" i ask her while raising an eyebrow

,,Of course you can i just want to know why" she says and i grin
,,I just miss you nothing more" i say to her and she grins at me
,,I miss you too"

We look at each other and i sigh when i got a message from Obi ,,Obi asked me to come over to her room.She wants to play cards" i say and sit up ,,Is it okay if i go ?" i ask Leah and she smiles at me.

,,Of course it is.Just dont go to sleep that late..you are already tired" she says and i nod with a grin
,,Yes Miss Williamson" i say with a small chuckle ,,I love you..dont forget that" i say to her while i stand up from my bed.

She grins at me ,,Never.I love you too and i hope for you that you wont forget that neither" she says and i chuckle ,,Never darling..i text you tomorrow morning.Sleep good and look out for yourself" i say to her and she smiles at me
,,I will..sleep well and dream of me"
Leah says making me smile
,,Always..love you" i say and she grins at me ,,Love you too..bye"

We end the call and i sigh slightly before i take my card for my room and go over to Obi where Lea is already so we can play cards
,,Finally..took you long enough" Obi says and i sit down on her bed
,,Had an important call with a blonde" i say with a small grin and Obi shakes her head ,,Softie" she says and i chuckle ,,Should i call Elena ? Then we will see who the softie is from us" i say and she looks at me nervous

,,Thought so..softie" i say to her and Lea laughs slightly ,,Lets just agree on it that we all are softies for our girlfriends alright ?" she says and we both nod before we start to play some card games.

Next Day

We were just done with our second training session of the day and i showered before i got to the media room to make some videos for the DFB.

,,Alright this one is simple we will just ask you questions fans wanted to ask you ok ?And you answer them as fast as possible" Kate asks me and i nod before her assistant sat down by the camera.

,,Favorite number ?"

,,7 and 21"

,,Favorite Food ?"

,,Uhh Burger and Fries"

,,Favorite colour ?"

,,Navy Blue"

,,Favorite snack ?"

,,Puhh cookies"

,,Favorite Music Artist in the moment ?"

,,Difficult to say but i think Hozier"

,,Favorite Song from him ?"

,,Uhh Angel of small death & the codeine scene"

,,Country Music or K Pop ?"

,,Country Music"

,,Neutral or bright colours ?"

,,Neutral"

,,Winning 2-1 or 1-0 ?"

,,1-0"

,,Ice Hockey or Volleyball ?"

,,Oh god..Ice Hockey"

,,Ice Hockey or Football ?"

,,Uhh..i have to kinda say Football right ?So Football"

,,Favorite TV Show ?"

,,Greys Anatomy"

,,Best song to hear before a Game ?"

,,There are to many but i think Cant hold us from Macklemore is always a good one"

,,Best song to dance to after a win ?"

,,I love Freed from Desire so definitely that one"

,,First thing you will do if you win the euros ?"

,,Hugging my teammates and go to our opponents to be there for them"

,,Last one..what would it mean for you to win the euros ?"

,,Everything..its something that i dream of and i hope me and my teammates can celebrate our win at the end of the season"

,,Thanks..everything to say to your German fans ?"

,,Well i hope you got to know me a bit better.I hope you all support us during the euros and i hope we have a great summer together with the win of the euros.Have a good day and thank you for watching"

The assistant nods to me and stands up ,,Thanks" she says and we talk to each other for a bit before i got down to eat lunch with the team.

2 Days later

Today was my birthday sadly i couldn't celebrate it with a big party but i was happy to have my teammates around me.

I got up and already answered everyone who wrote me before i got down for Breakfast.

I smile when i see everybody and shake my head when they started singing Happy Birthday.I laugh slightly and hug everyone when they came to me to congratulate me
,,Thanks..i appreciate it" i say and sit down next to Obi and Lea for Breakfast and scroll through my socials to repost every Happy Birthday Post from all my friends and my teammates.

I smile when i see Leahs Post and stand up to get out the dining room to call her

,,Good Morning Birthday Kid" she says and i laugh slightly
,,Morning to you too..how are you "? i ask her and smile while i lean myself against the wall.

,,Good..and you ?Enjoying your birthday already ?" Leah asks and i smile ,,Yeah they sang for me Happy Birthday and i got a lot of texts already" i say and grin slightly
,,But you are definitely missing..i wish we could spend this day together".

,,I wish i could be there with you but its not possible.You will get your gifts after the euros when we are both back Home" she says and i sigh

,,Leah i told you i wanted no gifts..having you by my side is the best gift i could ask for" i say to her

,,I know but you deserve it.Just accept it.." Leah says and i nod ,,Alright"

We talk a bit more about the last 2 Days before she needed to end the call.

17 Days later

We just ended our last training session of the day and i got into the shower.Yesterday was the start of the Tournament with a win for England against Austria.

Today Norway and Northern Ireland would play against each other and tomorrow would be our big day.

The Start.

Our first Game of this tournament and we were all excited for it.My Family and my friends would be there in the crowd and i was ready to play for Germany.

We had our last session and everyone relaxed a bit before the team came together to watch the Game today.

Everyone started making posts for tomorrow so i decided to use some pictures from the UEFA.

(Imagine this is Cara)

Cara_Gross7 posted tagged in this post @dfb_frauenteam
Tomorrow is the day we all have been waiting for.
Cant wait to step out of the field tomorrow and to show you guys what this team can do.
Lets go! 🇩🇪

Comments
lena_oberdorf:Lets go! 🇩🇪
RobbyS_12:How about a smile ?🧐
funwithEl70: You know you are allowed to smile right ?😂
katie_mccabe11:German Beast🇩🇪
leaschueller:💪🏽🇩🇪
stephcatley:Show them what you got! 💪🏽🤍
jbeattie91:Excited! 🤍
leahwilliamsonn:❤️🔥

After watching the Game it was time to go to bed cause we all needed our sleep to be ready for tomorrow.
To be honest i was nervous.

This would be my first start in a major tournament for my country and i had a lot of pressure.
I put a lot of pressure on myself but the media does it too since i had such a good season and were in a top form the last years.

I just dont want to disappoint anyone.

I sigh and turn around when my phone rings

Le❤️:You got this my love ❤️.
Enjoy it ,i will watch you and think of you.I love you ❤️

I smile when i see this message.
God i live this woman.

Cara:I love you too ❤️.

I lay down my phone again and turn once again around and take a deep breath.

Its just another Game in your life Cara.You got this.

I close my eyes and gladly i fall asleep after a while to still get a few hours of sleep.

Everything will be okay.
We will win this game and i will perform well just dont overthink it.

_______________

Just a small chapter im sorry but i had a lot going on lately and im working again so yeah it took a bit.

Next Chapter will be longer i promise and i try and write it as quickly as possible.
Maybe ill start today

I hope you are excited for the euros and what comes after this 👀

Leave a comment and tell me what has been your favorite moment in this book so far ?
Im really interested to know this :)

What do you think will happen ?
Any ideas for the future ?
Tell me please :)

Leave a ⭐️ if you like it and enjoy this book :)

Have a good day 🫶🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
7.2K 212 8
Cameron Colling (OC) jumped to the front of the women's football world when she made her debut for Arsenal at 14. She started with the Arsenal Academ...
21.8K 535 26
Taylor was just an American girl who always wanted to work in Europe. Her dream was to travel as a photographer to English clubs and when she got the...
80.6K 1.8K 42
Y/N has just been accepted into a football academy. Cardiff City FC Women, and is hoping to be successful with her upcoming games for her country's y...