A Perfect Match

By AuthorKatherineRose

Welcome to 1926. The beginning of Hollywood. But for actress and petulant diva Victoria Singh--a woman who's... More

INTRODUCTION/AESTHETICS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
AUTHOR'S NOTE

TWENTY FIVE

10 5 0
By AuthorKatherineRose

The stage was set and Danny and I's entry to the party was a giant success, as I wanted it to be.

It wasn't everyday a dame like me would be riding a motorbike, let alone drive one. But yet, the way Danny was so open minded (well, after the many tantrums he was starting to have) of me taking the reins for the night on his most prized possession, it was highly kind and sweet of him to give me a chance to do so.

Though I was mildly elated that he even showed up for me at all. Oh, correction—I mean, came to seek out a good story. I was for sure he'd ditch me like the other day and venture off with his little lady friends, without even having me as a thought in his mind for the rest of the weekend.

But I truly appreciated it.

Though for right now, my mind needed to be focused on the one thing we needed to get done before we departed tonight.

Find Jake Johnson.

He had to be here somewhere. Knowing the Johnson family, they weren't usually known to miss any parties if it meant they could possibly pick out their next victim. I just needed to find a way to record some kind of confession and give it out to the press, and the rest would be history. Him and his brother would be finished in this biz for good.

Strolling through the main hall where hundreds of my colleagues were among me—giving me many kind of dirty and evil looks, I graced them back with some of my own and kept pushing on.

However, the moment I saw Danny over by the buffet area scarfing down what looked like sponge cakes, a sense of peace and calmness took over me at the near sight of him. It was rather nice seeing a familiar face I actually didn't mind at one of these things finally. Well, tolerated more than the others.

He just looked so adorable, enjoying and surprised by the fresh foods at the tables.

Rushing up to him, I sighed slightly still distressed. "Did you find either one of them yet?" I asked, becoming more antsy by the minute of my lack of luck.

I didn't care who I got to first. Jake or Jack would suffice. But my conscience was certainly not trying to intentionally get in the crossfires of seeing Jack again after all these years. I'd only fear I wouldn't know what to do or how to handle myself.

"Nope..." Danny could only answer me in between bites. I rolled my eyes for a minute at his lack of classiness—but oddly, I didn't hate as much as I normally would've.

"Oh please, we probably would've by now if your eyes weren't so glued onto the hors d'oeuvres." I gestured to the snacks that did look quite appetizing.

He snickers and puts his plate down, finishing his last swallow and turned to me. "Aw cheer up Singh. We're still at a party. Try to at least enjoy yourself for a minute. If they're here, we'll see them and figure out next steps after."

"But I can't wait till after, Danny. With men like that, they're really crafty in hiding their dirty work as we both saw the other day. So if we do see them, we need to figure out what we'll do after, now."

He sighed and agreed, about to hand me a drink to settle down that I was about to refuse. I was on edge and wouldn't have minded it, but I didn't want to be caught dead with the thing if Jack was hopping about and around me.

I was not having a repeat of what happened last time.

"Okay fine. You win this time, but just for the record, for someone who is famous is sure a-" He started to tell me.

But before he could finish, I suddenly heard and saw a familiar man approach us.

"Little witch." He snapped in a spiteful tone.

Quickly, we both shot a daggered look toward him as I snickered and crossed my arms. Ugh, this clown. "Good evening, Mr.Gains. Enjoying the delightful bash?" I asked, sounding a bit chipper at the 'beloved' jewelry designer I betrayed from earlier with his terrible necklace.

"Enjoying it?! Ha! The only way I would enjoy this night, is if you weren't here! Have you lost your mind?!" He angrily yelled, causing a bit of attention from onlookers.

Feeling my blood starting to boil if he didn't get out of my face in the next three seconds, I held my tongue and composure. "Is there a problem?"

"Yes! A big one too! Where in the world is the necklace I ordered all women attendees to wear tonight. It was the only job you had to do and you still screwed it up, like you do to everything else!" He fired.

"Sir, that's enough. There will be no ill talk like that to Miss Singh. If you have such a problem with her, I'd suggest you address me, her assistant." Danny then let out, as I could hear the short and livid tone from his voice.

Sarcastically laughing, Mr. Gains then shot his gaze toward him. "Oh please, what are you gonna do?! She practically thinks she owns everyone and thinks the world is scared of her! But I'm not! Now where is it?!"

I walked closer, ready to give a piece of mind right back to him. "If you're so nosy about it and want to see your dazzling design, I'd suggest you take a short trip to my driveway. It should still be there...all 500 pieces that is."

His eyes grew widely as his white cheeks and complexion turned a dark shade of red. "That's it! I for one has had enough of your tantrums! I already knew of it's whereabouts because reporters that followed you from your home, saw exactly my hard work ruined!"

"Sir, this is your second warning! I've told you to cool it!" Danny came closer to him.

He didn't have to be so bothered by this kind of behavior. Mr. Gains was among the many who always displayed such hostility toward anything I ever did. Although it still hurts to know that I didn't have anyone who cared about me, I had to learn to deal with it.

"Well too bad fella, because I'm not done!" He then scowled back over to me. "As for you, you're nothing but a vindictive and vengeful brat! You think just because you're a movie star, you can do whatever you want. That society should listen to a stupid immigrant like you, but I'm here to tell you Missy, you're wrong! You're always wrong! Because at the end of the day, you're a terror! A menace! A wicked poisonous snake that many others wish was never even born! And to top it off, no one will ever love you."

God, each word stung so terrible. Like a raging bee. I could feel tears trying to form and let go, as I looked around to see the crowd. Sadly, they weren't disagreeing with anything he said. They were more looking down to their shoes or the floor, like they still didn't care. I knew they thought the same exact as him. So I guess it was all true.

"Hey! Third and final warning!" Danny screamed, becoming puffed up with his chest.

"Like I care!" I snapped back toward Mr. Gains, trying to muster at least an ounce of courage to mask behind my distraught heart.

"Well good! Because no one else does either or haven't you heard?! You're nothing but a joke contestant for the 'Discover Awards'. Like you truly are." Mr. Gains finished off in the most awful tone I'd ever heard.

I couldn't take this anymore. I couldn't keep pretending everything was okay when it wasn't. I simply just had enough and the room was getting smaller and spinning once again. "Get away from me." I gritted through my teeth.

"Or what?" Mr. Gains glared.

"Get away from me!" I yelled louder, immediately trying to rush away from the crowd myself.

Though the moment I was about to disperse first from the others, I felt a hand forcefully spin me back around. Looking ahead, it was still Mr. Gains as Danny clearly had anger written all over his face in a way I'd never see him like before either.

"Hey, I still wasn't finished! You son of a b-" He began to bellow out.

I quickly tried grabbing it back, while my mind started to head to a dark place. But just as I was about to kick him in his balls—a move I had to perform once before to someone else, Danny turned the man to face him as he icily stared him down.

"Actually, I think you are!" He let out before doing one of the most bravest things I hadn't seen him do since the night we met.

Balling up his fist, he punched Mr. Gains out straight in the eye as the whole room gasped in shock and surprise. Falling back onto the floor, Mr. Gains's nose was bleeding rapidly as the other guests looked to Danny a bit fearful. 

I let out a loud gasp. "Danny, no!"

Any other time I would've loved for him to stand up for me too, but he was still a colored man at a Hollywood party. If I was getting much hate for what I've done, he would be possibly hung for this at some point.

Though staring up at me and sighing in distress himself now, he shook his head and stared down to his masterpiece of damage in surprise himself. I guess he hadn't punched anyone out all these years. "Oh my God. I-I-I'm so sorry Victoria. I didn't mean to...it was just an instinct. God, now you'll probably never win." He nervously said, with shame written all over his face.

Staring at the others who were glaring at him now, I needed to forget this ever happened. He would be in trouble for that because of me. It was all my fault...again.

I felt like a horrible human being for sure. I didn't want anything bad to happen to him. "Oh Danny, I don't really care about that stupid award anyway! Let me see your hand." I started to say, rushing over to him to check it out. Unlike the first time he did this, it wasn't as injured which was good. But still. "I didn't mean for this to happen." I let out, shaking my head and turning to the rest of the room. "Everyone, he's harmless. I swear it! Please, don't do anything you'll regret! It was all my fault!"

Staring to me coldly, they surprisingly just listened and went about their night but with snickers and terrible comments of him and I under their breaths.

"Yeah, we know. It always is, Singh." Was the #1 fav amongst them.

This wasn't good at all.

"Victoria, it's fine. I can handle it. Are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere?" Danny sighed, trying to touch and caress me.

But I didn't want to be touched or talked to right now. I just needed to do something to distract me from this whole mess. Now we would never find Jake with all the attention we just brought upon ourselves. So I'd just let Ivy and Levi down as well. He'd be way gone by now realizing it was me.

"No...just don't! Just leave me alone, please!" I begged, before rushing away to drown in my own failures by doing the one thing I knew would work.

Getting drunk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 1K 37
"Thirty seconds. That's all you have to stop the bullshit, or your son is dead." ~~~~ Six years ago, Chelsea Doherty lost everything when her husban...
310K 10.8K 36
"Losing yourself is the easy part, it's finding yourself again that's hard." *** Hollywood. When you think of the word, you think of glitz, glam, an...
50.2K 2.1K 16
Olivia's perfect life fell apart in an instant. Now she's left to pick up the pieces and move on, but that's easier said than done when the image of...
160K 2.6K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...