Between two Worlds

Od BobRyan874

First contact didn't happen as the science-fiction books and movies predicted. There was not a single species... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 24

3 1 1
Od BobRyan874

The next morning, I was led to pray for something different regarding the aliens. Were they always at war? Did something happen to kick off the animosity, before Jorinthia? Was there something I was missing, beyond what God already led me?

There had to be. If all sentient species in the universe were like man, as I believed, there was something needed to bring it about. Granted, one could've been more militaristic than the other, but that should have met one had greater offensive capabilities, which didn't seem to be the case.

Stalemates, which is what I believed was happening in space, didn't come about without equal military equipment. Or, at least close enough to effectively defend themselves. It would seem any advantage would've led to a win.

I didn't get a vision. But did get a sense of peace. Whatever happened changed the course of their histories. They were allies, even if it was to a small degree. Though, without knowing more, it was impossible to know how close they were.

Now, I knew for certain something happened on that planet. I just didn't know what.

Was that enough to go on to keep the war from spreading to Earth? No. But it was a start. God would reveal all I needed, in His time.

At least, now I understand why it's coming to me a little bit. That was all Secretary Woodall needed to know.

If it were me, instead of him, would God reveal more? Probably not. His way was mysterious, and I wasn't about to question His plan.

I never really understood the mysterious part, until I became part of God's plan. It was one thing to read about it in the Bible, or Israel coming into existence under miraculous circumstances. But something altogether different when I was a direct part of His plan.

He chose me to be His messenger, all those years ago. And fully understand why it came a little at a time. Had all been revealed, I wouldn't have been able to make sense of it. Little by little was what I needed due to my limited mind.

I didn't know if that sense of peace I felt was from the two worlds at peace, or something more formal. Not that it mattered. The worlds didn't have the same animosity as they did following whatever happened.

Jorinthia was the key. What it opened; I knew not. Only time would tell what opening it would bring. Peace, or security for Earth that might lead to other places.

I was on the verge of deeper prayer in hopes of greater understanding when my secure phone rang.

After making the short distance, while wondering about what was found.

"Hello, Mr. Secretary."

"There's almost no mention of Jorinthia, Mr. Ryan. Just one place of many both claim as theirs."

I wish he were a bit more specific about what he wanted, but silence is all I hear. Does he want confirmation, or something else. It's impossible to know, but he's not the sharing kind.

"You could ask the ambassadors about it, Mr. Secretary."

It was the only thing I could come up with. I don't know if God led me there, or it was simply on my mind due to my prayer. Either way, it was at least something, unlike his continued silence.

"I'll do that, Mr. Ryan."

The call ended, leaving me almost believing it was a dream. Secretary Woodall wasn't himself. Then again, I didn't know him, at all. It was impossible to say. For all I knew, that delayed response, and silence, was more in line with who he was.

Was he getting more comfortable with me? I hoped, and prayed he was. The more comfortable he was, the more likely he'd share information.

It wasn't just about getting more information, but having him listen. For all I knew, he was telling me those things to shut me up.

He could view me as some fall guy, if things went wrong. Which was why he kept me a little in the loop. It didn't matter if God guided him to call, since he still had free will to ignore everything that was so clearly sent by God.

It doesn't matter why he keeps calling, just so long as he does. It'll all work out, because it must. War's coming to Earth if it doesn't. War that can be avoided, if he listens to me. Which means it does matter, greatly.

Prayer's needed, desperately. Only through deep prayer can God reach him. No matter how much people pray for what's happening, nothing wrong with a little more.

While I pray, I check my email, since I don't think I did yesterday. But can't be certain, either way.

I didn't. Even in that deep state, I think I would've noticed the change of attack from the adversary. The spam was clearly of an adult related content.

It was a good thing I was already praying for protection from God. No improper thoughts crept in, while I deleted everything.

After they were gone, I thanked God for giving me the strength.

I wait for a bit, just in case something's sent by Secretary Woodall. But there's nothing, including a sense that God wants me to wait. If there were going to be something revolving around the aliens, I think I'd get some sense of it.

I close my email, before more spam shows up. Better not to even think about any of that.

Did I invite anyone over yesterday, before they left? I don't know. The entire day remained a blur.

It's another Schrodinger's Cat. I either did or didn't. Not that it matters. People will either show, or they won't, just like any day since it all started.

Fear creeps in, and know the source isn't from the adversary. It's a warning from God that ships are moving towards each other, again.

Is war coming to Earth? If it is, it's not too late to change course.

It all comes down to finding out what happened at Jorinthia. Which means Secretary Woodall needed to take the direct approach, and soon.

My needs hit the ground to pray for a miracle. I didn't get the sense people in power ever took the direct approach, about anything.

Peace, and urgency both came from God. I hoped and prayed Secretary Woodall felt the same.

That time, I was more aware of everyone showing up, and letting themselves in. I must've told them to, yesterday.

It was an awful, in the traditional to be full of awe, event. It was as if I could feel their prayers joining mine. I never felt anything like it, since.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

33.2K 1.8K 16
Second book in the Sholan Alliance fan fiction. Billy and Satasha are enroute back to earth and they are leading the first contact party. While enr...
10.9M 241K 66
#2 In Romance |May 1,2019| #1 In Teen Fiction |May 18,2019| ONLY AND ORIGINAL BOOK!!!! "What are we going to tell your brother?" He says, his breath...
626K 14.5K 27
{ Currently being rewritten } #1 in #xenomorph (7/23/2017) #1 in #alien (8/10/17) When Becca joins a expedition to an abandoned planet she had no id...
113 0 37
The world ended some time ago, long enough that I've forgotten what life before felt like. A war between humanity and an alien species we peacefully...