Iris D̶w̶y̶e̶r̶ BENNETT | Cul...

By yayo_atwow23

Sequel to Iris Dwyer. In the past book, Izzy has been through quite a lot. In this one, there will questions... More

NEW MOON
PROLOGUE
01 | VISITING MUM
02 | FAE
03 | POWER
04 | SKILL
05 | SPECIAL
06 | NEW FRIENDS
07 | BACK HOME
08 | VISITING EMBRY
09 | LAURENT
10 | "WOLF'S OUTTA THE BAG"
11 | VOLTERRA
ECLIPSE
12 | RILEY
14 | GRADUATION PARTY
15 | LOOOOOOOOOOOVE
16 | LAUREN
17 | BREE
18 | WELCOME HOME
End of Book 2

13 | THOUGHTS

431 22 2
By yayo_atwow23

I was staying over at Uncle Charlie's for a bit. He invited me to sleepover so I thought I'd message him.

Bella's truck was out for service and Uncle Charlie had to leave super early for work so therefore, I am taking Bella to school.

☆☆☆

The whole car ride was silent. I pull up in front of my old highschool and unlock the doors.

"Bye" I say blankly.

I look out my window to see Jess and Angela with the group. I open my door and run up to them.

Jessica, Ang, and I collide into one hug and a bunch of chuckles.

"Oh my days Iris! I miss you so much! I haven't seen you in forever!" Jessica nudges me.

"Well I've been around, staying in Forks for quite a lot of time so... I'll be around" I chuckle.

"We so need to go out this weekend" Angela gasps. "Sure" I shrug. She squeals, "Great, we'll text each other"

Tyler greets me and pulls me into a hug and I smile at him.

I then say my goodbyes to the group and was about to walk to my car before noticing Jacob and Bella.

"Snooping on someone?" Edward and Alice walk up behind me.

I smile slightly. "No.. just.. worried. Whatever Jacob's telling her seems like something's she's not supposed to know" I state.

"He just told her about the chase and Victoria" Edward assures me. They then get on Jacob's bike.

Jacob takes one glance at us, mainly at Edward, before driving away.

I notice how tense Edward got.

"What was he thinking?" I ask him and he shakes off the feeling, "What?"

"You heard me" I raise a brow at him. "I was just listening in on some random person's thoughts" he lies.

"Edward, I can tell when you're lying. Talk to me" I try to push.

"It's nothing" he shakes his head.

"Okay.. don't tell me" I walk away to my car and drive off.

☆☆☆

I was currently picking up Faye from Nova's place.

We both chuckle, mid conversation, as I walk towards the door.

"Okay, see ya Nov" I smile at her. "Take care" she smiles and waves.

I carefully walk across the street, since it was dark and everything.

I enter the house and walk up the stairs and into our bedroom.

Faye immediately woke up as we entered the room.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask her.

"It smells funny" she scrunches her nose up in disgust and bares her head in my chest.

I take a little sniff and start to realise it too. AND my window was open. My suitcase was slightly unzipped.

Something wasn't right....

I released a mystical dust to retrace the steps and footprints in this room.

I identified most to be mine, Faye's and Rosalie's. But one unknown.

Shit.

I hear a gush of wind and turn to my window.

"Edward?"

"Do you know h- why does it smell like that?"

"You smell it too" I point out.

He looks down at the mystical dust.

"Someone's been in here"

"Exactly, but who?"

☆☆☆

Edward and I left my bedroom and went home.

"Who was it?" Carlisle asks. "Someone we know?"

"It was a stranger, I didn't recognize his scent" Edward replies.

"His footprints are foreign too" I add.

Yes, I know everyone I know by the way the walk and the steps they take. A little trick Borra taught me.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggests.

"A passer by wouldn't have kept Bella's father alive" Rosalie states.

Emmett and Jasper then enter the house again.

"The scent disappeared about 5 miles south Bella's house" he states.

"Someone's orchestrating this" Carlisle states.

"Has to be the Volturi" Edward says.

"I don't think it's the Volturi, I've been watching Aro's decisions" Alice states.

"Then it's Victoria" I state.

"I would've seen her decide" Alice says.

"But what if she's blocking you out? Like putting someone else in charge so you don't find out" I say as everyone becomes more interested.

"I say she's behind all the Seattle deaths too" I state.

"What makes you say that?" Rosalie asks me.

"She's killing people, taking them from their lives and making them vampires. She did it to Riley, in Seattle. I witnessed it. She could be recruiting vampires as we speak" I rest my case.

"That actually sounds legit" Emmett says to Carlisle and he nods in response.

"Of course it is" I flip my hair. Like duh.

"Now we need to think of a way to protect Izzy and Bella while keeping ourselves fed" Jasper says.

"That's not possible. You all can't keep yourselves fed; look after Bella and I; stay physically fit and keep lookout for Victoria? You're gonna need help" I sigh.

"And I know just who would help us, hands down" I smirk, knowing they wouldn't like this.

☆☆☆

Edward, Bella, Faye and I were in front of the Swan residence as we waited for Jacob to come down. Turns out, the passer by went into Bella's room too.

"Whoever it was left his stink behind, it'll be hard to miss it if we cross it again" Jacob states as he steps out.

"We'll handle it from here"

"We don't need you to handle everything" Edward says. "Or anything"

"I could care less what you need" Jacob steps forward and the boys sneer at each other.

I look to Faye and she just shakes her head in disappointment.

"Okay, I get that y'all hate each other but mind toning it down in front of the baby?" I raise a brow as I look between them and they step back.

"Great" I nod.

☆☆☆

It was now nighttime. I stepped towards my window and opened it.

Emmett and Alice smiled at me before we heard low snarls. I looked behind them to see Embry and Jared in wolf form and glaring at them.

My mates looked to me before running off. I smile at the wolves and wave at them.

"Goodnight" I say before closing my window and going to bed.

☆☆☆

Bella, Edward and I were in Edward's volvo and driving up to the treaty line where Embry and Jake waited.

For Faye's safety, she was going to be staying with my fae fam.

We stop and exit the car. Jacob and Embry stood by the truck and waited.

"Don't they own a shirt?" Edward remarks as Bella smiles to herself.

"It's just how they roll" I shrug and notice how he got tense again.

I look to see Embry and Jake smirking.

"I've only got eyes for you baby" I give him a sweet peck and a hug before walking over to Embry and Jake with Bella.

"Hey beautiful" Embry brings me into a hug as Bella and Jake hug.

"Hey Em" I smile at him.

Edward then speeds away in his car.

"He always drive that fast?" Embry raises a brow. "They all do, I'm used to it" I shrug.

"Well, we're going to a party tonight" Jacob announces.

☆☆☆

Embry, Jake, Bella and I spent the entire day with the pack and wondering 'round the woods.

We were now walking towards the bonfire in front of Billy's place. I had already gotten an invitation a week in advance.

"You know, I don't wanna be a party crasher" Bella tells Jake. "Technically, you're a council meeting crasher" Jacob tells her before pointing out each council leader.

I look over to see Auntie Sue and Uncle Harry snuggling together and it was so cute.

Leah sat next to them with a slight smile on her face.

"Okay I should not be here" Bella says. "You're okay, I thought- well they thought that it would be good for you and Izzy to hear the histories. The real histories" Jacob says.

"The tribe histories? Aren't they secret?" She asks.

"Billy says it would be good if we knew them" I tell her.

Seth then runs up to us.

"Jake, guys, hey"

"Hey" Jacob nods as I bring him into a hug.

"It's about time you got here, Paul's been hovering the grub but I saved you guys some burgers" Seth states.

"Good looking out bro" Jacob nods at him.

Embry taps my shoulder and nods towards the bonfire. We lock arms before walking over.

I take a seat next to Leah, Embry next to me, and give her a side hug. Billy then whistles the others over.

Seth takes a seat on the ground in front of me as Bella and Jake sit on the other side of Billy.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning but we always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors; shape-shifters that transformed into the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect the tribe" Billy starts.

"One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man but it was hard as stone.... cold as ice"

Vampires.

"Our warriors sharp teeth finally tore it apart but only fire could completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the creature wasn't alone... they were right"

I down into the fire as he continues to speak.

"She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. The third wife could see that he would lose. The third wife was no magical being and had no power but one, courage"

"The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared but one remains, the cold ones"

Some eyes look in my direction and I look down. I feel Embry rub his thumb over my hand to subtly comfort me and I smile tightly at him.

"Our magic awakens when they're near and we sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming... and we must all be ready... all of us" Billy finishes off.

The night continued on okay. We ate and chatted around.

☆☆☆

'SEATTLE IS IN A STATE OF TERROR. POLICE ARE BAFFLED BY THE ESCALATING NUMBERS OF KILLINGS AND DISAPPEARANCES. THEORIES RANGE FROM A VICIOUS NEW GANG OR A HIGHLY ACTIVE SERIAL KILLER'

Carlisle then switches off the TV as I enter the house with Bella and Edward.

"It's getting worse" Carlisle says. "We might have to do something"

"It takes more than one of our kind to do the damage their reporting, quite a few more. Undisciplined, conspicuous" Jasper states.

"It's newborns" Edward says.

"Oh my god" I gasp.

"What is it?" Carlisle asks.

"Newborns. Victoria. She's creating an army. Their undisciplined, conspicuous and out of control as Jasper said and there's quite a few more. She must be recruiting new vampires which is leading to their deaths" I state.

"Newborns? Like new vampires?" Bella asks.

"Newborns are vampires who have been changed within the last year. Like children... not really but kinda. It's when they at their most uncontrollable. Vicious, dangerous, even more bloodlust than a regular vampire. Stronger, faster, more vigilant.. newborns" I summarize for her.

"We need to put a stop to this, or else the Volturi will" Carlisle states. "I'm surprised they've let it go on for this long"

"I'm not" Edward says as we all look to him in confusion.

"Jane, Alec and Demetri made an appearance yesterday. With Felix this time. They stood outside the Swan residence and watched Iris at her bedroom window" he states.

I realise where this was going.

"What were they thinking?" I ask him.

"They want Iris"

"For what?" Emmett stands, visibly annoyed.

"Aro, Caius and Marcus want to meet her, personally. They're aware of the army and are waiting to make an appearance then, the guards not the kings" Edward states.

"They're not giving up, are they?" I scoff slightly. "I'm afraid not" Edward sighs as he rubs my shoulder.

"Just great" I sigh while crossing my arms.

☆☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 171 15
The third and final book in the Iris ___ franchise. So excited to end off this story. Keep on reading to find out the third and final chapter of Iris...
36.1K 1.2K 37
The sequel of No Longer Alone.
21.1K 410 22
After the new moon imani and Edward have a new and bigger threat. Imani is questioning if she should take Edward back and if she wants to be a vampir...
54.8K 1.3K 20
~Sequel to silence~ Book two of the Sophie Swan series Everything is going great for Sophie Swan.. that is until Bella's birthday. A disaster occurs...