Caught in the Middle

By MiqMenace

*Sequel to Meet Me In The Middle* Maya Bishop has come to terms with the fact that even at her best, she'll n... More

***
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 25

1.7K 42 1
By MiqMenace

"Damnit, Deluca. Your wife has no right looking that good." I slap my arm to the side, thinking I'm going to hit Lara but completely miss her since I can't take my eyes off my own wife. "Buon Dio onnipotente." I suck in a breath of air while my mouth overflows with a new wave of saliva when my incredibly sexy wife lifts the bottom of her shirt over those washboard abs to wipe the sweat from her face while sporting a cocky grin.

Isobel leans closer to me on her knees, mockingly wiping the drool from my chin when Maya's shirt drops, and she throws her head back on a full-blown belly laugh. "Lei è mia. (She's mine.) I'm allowed to look." I slap her hands away from my face before pushing her back on her ass on the picnic blanket, we're all sitting on. When I turn to actually look at her and Lara, my eyes catch the table behind them, crowded by the eligible lesbians Mrs. Devous invited to her grandson's birthday party.

I throw a crumpled-up paper plate in their direction, lifting my brow at them in a threatening way. "You did see the wedding ring on her left hand, no!?" Molly places her hands over mine to prevent me from getting up and giving them a piece of my mind. "Down, girl. I've known those girls since high school. They're harmless, just like Lara." My new friend gives her sister-in-law a death glare when she whistles through her teeth, bringing my attention back to my running wife, which warrants a punch to the chef's gut.

"With all due respect, Mrs. Devous, did you have to invite so many women to ogle my wife in front of me?" The older lady smirks while a grape slips past her lips, making it clear how much she's enjoying my torment. "You only have yourself to blame, fili mou. I wouldn't have invited them if you hadn't started dating again first. Besides, I wouldn't have let them get further than a handshake before flying up to Seattle to tell you to pull your head out of your ass. Luckily you didn't need as much time as I suspected to get to the same conclusion." Her words make my heart skip a beat, just from the mere thought of my wife moving on from me while we were separated.

The feeling comes and goes when my next breath reminds me of the time Maya told me how she wasn't planning on ever finding someone new, even if she felt ready to love again. The nauseous knot in my gut when I look back at the table full of beautiful woman, makes me want to pull her into my arms and apologize for ever thinking it was okay to make her watch me date other people, while still being in love with me. "Oh, don't worry, signorina. A little jealousy is always a good thing in a relationship. It keeps the blood pumping and the flame of desperate desire for each other burning bright."

I roll my eyes and start throwing Mrs. Devous with peanuts when she fans herself with her hands. "You can relax, . Maya and Carina's relationship has never been stronger. She might just look like she's ready to kill them, when in reality they're just as safe around her, as Lar and Isobel. Trust me, they are keeping Carina well and truly on her toes." We all burst out laughing when the two named woman start making a show of drooling over my wife. Mrs. Devous taps her foot against mine, schooling her features into a serious scowl.

"I still have the engagement ring my husband proposed with decades ago in my jewelry box, if you'd like to cover up that tan line? And it will keep the ring in the family." I find it hard to swallow the bite I have in my mouth when everyone on the picnic blanket falls silent at their matriarch's serious tone. "Thank you, Mrs. Devous. But I'd like to prove to Maya that we're meant to be. And I know I deserve all of your 'you hurt her, you die' speeches, but Molly's had its desired effect." Everyone's grins turn malicious, mainly Mrs. Devous's. Lara slides closer to me so she can rub my back and lay her head on my shoulder.

"Oh, boy. She showed you her book, didn't she?" All Molly's sisters-in-law flinch when I nod my head and her mom claps her hands together. I jerk from the surprise when someone flops down on my lap, ready to push them off until her scent enters my brain. My fingers find their way into her hair, massaging her scalp while those joyful Caribbean Ocean eyes meet mine from below. "What did I miss?" She tilts her head on my lap to look between her friends, before looking back at me inquisitively when they all start stuttering.

I bend over her to brush my lips against her sweaty forehead, not being able to hold off on tasting her anymore. "Just some good-natured teasing about the unwanted attention your incredible physique has been receiving. Do you really have to look irresistible doing the simplest of things?" The lopsided grin she gives me, when I point to the table filled with women seething at us now, forces a laugh to escape my lips. Maya lifts herself onto her elbow, pulling my head down with her hand tangled in my hair. "Sono sempre e solo appartenuto a te. (I have only ever belonged to you.)" I can feel the minty whisper against my lips just before hers presses into mine.

The first brush of her supple lips makes my insides turn to mush and when her elbow slips from under her, she pulls me down with her. The grip in my hair tightens as her lips part for me, to permit my tongue entry into her mouth. I taste the spearmint she just had before coming over to us and can feel her wet hair between my fingers from her physical activities in the scorching heat. The smell of her warm and clammy skin brings back a marathon of memories from our more intimate hobbies that used to make her skin flushed like this.

I momentarily forget that we're not alone and don't think to swallow my moan before Maya's skilled tongue pulls it out of me. Our heated exchange gets rudely interrupted and our mouths wrench apart as soon as an icy stream of water gets dumped over our heads and down my back. "This is a kid's party, Bish. Keep it in your pants." We both look up to see Jack and Beckett holding empty buckets over our heads, with childlike grins splitting both their faces.

They put the buckets down and fall down beside their partners as well, also looking worse for wear after entertaining the lawn full of kids. "Agh, yuck, Bishop." My eyes are still trained on her glistering bronze legs peeking out of her shorts before I realize her toe is poking Jack in his ear and against his cheek. Their childish antics cause our small group to snort on our laughter, but also warm my heart at seeing my wife so carefree and happy.

When everyone falls into their own conversations, she turns her head back to me on my lap. Maya tucks the wet strands of hair behind my ear, caressing my cheek with her thumb while I wipe droplets of water from her face. "You seem to be having fun." She turns her face into my stomach, kissing the skin showing there soft enough that only we know about it, before she reaches out for a handful of snacks. "I am." She drops a few pretzels in her mouth before washing it down with a sip of my cocktail, looking around us to make sure no one is paying us any attention.

"Più felice di quanto ti vedessi da molto tempo. (Happier than I've seen you in a long time.)" I lean closer to her when I see a blush creep up her cheeks, as not to embarrass her by letting anyone overhear her confession. "I've never had this, you know? We were never allowed to have birthday parties or play with our friends. Then before I knew, I didn't have a single friend left, and the only time I was allowed outside, was when my dad allowed me to train for track meets."

Maya looks so small curled onto my lap as she opens up to me about something she never has before. I reward her with another soft peck on her trembling lips before I brush my lips over her eyes, so no one can see the shallow tears in them. "I didn't even learn how to swim until my dad spoke to a varsity coach when I was eleven. Apparently swimming under water helped his track stars get scholarships because it helped expand their lung capacity."

Her abs tremble underneath my fingers when I slip my hand into her shirt to draw shapes over her flat stomach. "He used to push my head under whenever I was ready to give up, until my chest felt like it was on fire, and I started losing consciousness. Then he would punish me if I vomited after finally letting me up, by making me run home with limbs that felt like lead. If I fell down on my way, he'd send me to my room without dinner. He never made me feel safe enough to enjoy anything like this."

Maya sits up in the blink of an eye and I curl my hand around her wrist, not moving my other hand from her stomach. When I meet her eyes, I can see her need to run after dropping another wall to let me in. She sighs loudly when I silently implore her to not hide from me again. I turn us around before pulling her against me, resting my chin on her shoulder after kissing her cheek and neck. I can feel her breathing turn shallow, like she's trying to calm herself down with the exercises Diane taught her, which is why I turned us, so she's only facing the trees behind me.

To everyone else we should only appear to be two wives locked in a loving embrace, whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears. "You don't ever have to feel that way ever again. There isn't anyone in your life who will make you feel unsafe to be happy. You are loved, bambina. You are worthy of being a part of this family. There is nothing to feel embarrassed about confiding in the woman you love, just like there is nothing wrong with being loved by me. You're free to live your life the way you want, Maya."

My wife loosely wraps her arms around me, pressing her lips against the exposed skin on my shoulder. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" Her voice is thick and hushed as she mumbles her words against me. I run my fingers up and down her arm, trying to coax her away from her hiding spot in my arms, until she leans back enough to meet my eyes. Her lips finally start lifting up in the corners as I walk my fingers to the back of her neck in order to rest our foreheads together.

"You're asking the wrong question, bella. What did this world ever do to deserve you, my love?" My wife wipes the pad of her thumb over my lips before she bites down on my bottom lip. She whispers how much she loves me into my mouth when I smile at her cuteness, ignoring Molly and Beckett's questioning gazes to kiss the woman who owes my heart. Maya only pulls away when we hear the laughter of children as they emerge from the house, putting some unwanted distance between us.

"Here, you seem a little hungry." I push a strawberry into her mouth, smirking at her when she bites down on it before popping the other half into mine. She murmurs something about being on a diet that prevents her from eating what she really wants, or that's what I assume she meant through her broken Italian. I make up a plate for her, filled with snacks, sliders, pizza rolls and fruit before putting it down between us, scratching my nails over her abs as I pull my hand out of her shirt.

She keeps a watchful eye on me as I get up to grab her a drink from the table. When I walk back, I raise my eyebrow at the singles' table, daring them to look at my wife again. Molly and Lara smirk at me when I stop next to the blanket again, tapping Isobel on her shoulder to move away from my wife. "You guys were literally sucking face a minute ago, can I get a little attention from a gorgeous blonde too? I don't get jealous when you chat with Jack."

Langley squeals when I pretend to trip, spilling a few drops on her blouse in the process. "Move away from my wife, Dr. Handsy, or I will sit on your lap." I flick her between her eyes when she winks at me before asking Jack to talk to his girlfriend. Maya takes the glass from my hands before pulling me down on her own lap, opening her legs so I can settle down between them. "She's just trying to get a rise out of you, my love. You know she's harmless."

I snuggle into my wife while she tries to justify her friend's behavior, which quite frankly, I've had enough of. "You know what, bambina. Since we've been trying to do things differently this time around, maybe we should give Isobel what she wants." Although it absolutely breaks my heart to say it out loud, the words get stuck in my throat while thinking she might actually consider saying yes. I possessively claw at my wife's side, ready to take everything back in order to keep her all to myself.

Jack barks out a laugh when his girlfriend's face loses all its color, and she jerks her head in his direction to save her from the situation she just got herself in. "Uhm, Carina. I was just having... I'm not actually into that kind of... To each her own, I guess but-" Maya smiles with the straw tucked between her teeth, and her other friends all smirk at how flustered I just managed to make the usually confident and flirty surgeon.

I lift my eyebrow at Lara when she starts laughing, telling her that we can add another couple to the mix if she'd like, which makes her shut up immediately. "Although I think you are an incredibly attractive couple, I am a loyal wife. For now." Her husband spits out the sip he had in his mouth all over her, which makes his mom fall down on her side in a fit of laughter. Maya lifts me further onto her lap, nibbling on my neck and ear. "I just fell in love with you all over again. But just to make things crystal clear, I will not share you with anyone."

I pull her closer to me, kissing her lips over and over again while making eye contact with some of the women on the table across from us. "I. Don't. Share. Either. Bambina." She looks behind her before rolling her eyes at me when my volume increases enough for everyone around us to here, including Lara and Isobel. "Understood? You can look, but this means she belongs to me." I lift her left hand up in the air, and point to her wedding ring on it, while directly facing the two women who have been teasing me non-stop.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm going to turn in, bella." Maya's tired eyes flutter open after I caress her cheek. She looks down herself, at Antonio lying across her chest and Maddi's feet resting on her legs. I look around the blanket fort my wife helped built for her favorite little man, to the sleeping kids packed into the area. Maya stretches herself out on a long yawn, before feeling around for the tv remote to switch the cartoon off, which is still playing in the background.

She lazily smiles at me when I crawl out of the blankets covering the newly arranged furniture, but when I look back at her, her eyes are closed again. I stay hunched on my ankles while watching my wife fall back asleep, uncertain if I should just leave her be. The lines on her face are so relaxed and the glow from the nightlight makes her look more innocent than I've ever seen her before. So, this is what my wife looks like when she has no demons or clouds chasing her around in the darkness? Now I desperately want her in bed next to me, so I can watch her sleep with no possible interruptions.

Antonio pulls my attention to him when he lets out a tiny snore before snuggling deeper into Maya. My heart swells even more than it did when Maya got off the picnic blanket late this afternoon to go save the little boy whose social battery had run out. We all had another swim after our lunch before relaxing back on the blanket as one person left after the other. Little Tono was fine until a few of Mrs. Devous's friends decided to stay for one more drink with their grandkids and he became fussy.

Molly stopped talking mid-conversation when she heard her son's cries, which seemed to be distinctly different than his other ones throughout the day. She was on her way to find him when her dad came around to let us know that Maya was already on it. Molly explained how her son might be better with physical contact now, but if he spent too much time with people, he didn't completely trust, he would start freaking out.

When we finally caught sight of them, it was just in time to see the little boy run into my wife's arms. She placed him on her shoulders, putting as much distance between him and his friends as she can, making it seem like they're just having fun. Maya asked him if he wanted to go built a fort inside and watch movies together, and Maddi went with to keep the other kids occupied. After Molly talked to her mom, the rest of the strangers left, only leaving Antonio's closest people with him which quickly calmed him down.

We all ended up playing the new videogame he got as a birthday present from Maya, who couldn't fit his actual gift on the plane here, with Antonio inside his fort. He allowed us to take turns and didn't even mind that each and every one let him win, until he asked for Maya to draw a dream with him on the makeshift bed in his fort. The adults had one last drink on the patio outside before calling it a night, and I came back after my bath when my wife wasn't in the bed.

"Maya? Bambina?" I smile when she grunts at me, but slowly opens her one heavy eyelid to let me know she's listening. "Are you joining me in our room, or should I switch off the lights here?" She tries sitting up but grunts when she can't seem to move more than a few inches. "We don't sleep apart when we're in the same place, remember?" I take her hand in mine and kiss each knuckle before letting her hand go to stand up.

"I think this counts as an exception to the rule, bella. It's his birthday, my love. You can't let him sleep here alone." She finally manages to sit up fully, rubbing Antonio's back as she tries to wake herself up. "Ugh, can you just go with your wife and be quiet? Tono is already so cuddled up with me that he won't even realize you're gone." We look down at Maddi lying at Maya's feet before we meet each other's eyes, smiling at the grumpy teen who flips onto her side.

"Yuck! Please go. This fort is too innocent for your googly eyes." I swallow my giggle when she kicks Maya on the thigh, moving even further away to leave enough room for my wife to get up. She untangles Antonio from her chest before lying him down on her pillow next to the annoyed teenager. I hold my hand out to help her up, after she crawls away from the two kids who immediately fall back asleep. My wife runs her finger over the neck of my nighty, licking her lips as she exposes the top of my dark nipples.

"I'm just going to grab a bottle of water and take a quick shower. Meet you in there?" I slip my hand in hers, pulling her away from the children. "I left a clean towel in our bathroom, bambina. Go take your shower. Quickly. And I'll make you a cup of tea, bene?" She leaves her hands on my hips before brushing her lips against mine. When she tries to deepen the kiss, I pull away, smacking her on her ass to get a move on.

I leave a steaming cup of chamomile tea on the bedside table when I re-enter our room, crawling onto my side of the bed. Maya comes out of the bathroom while slipping a shirt on, not even realizing I'm waiting for her in bed. "I'd prefer if you will keep that off. I'm really enjoying the view." My wife startles when I speak, letting the towel drop at her feet. She shakes her head, teasing me by showing me only a slither of skin before letting her shirt fall back down.

All her blood rushes to the top of her ears when I tuck on my nighty until one of my breasts pop out. She tries to close her eyes when I squeeze the naked flesh in my hand, but she can't hide the lust from her features. Which makes me chuckle when she scampers to hook the towel behind the bathroom door, missing the mark two times before it sticks. When she comes back to the bed, she lets out a sigh of relief to see that I'm decent again.

"I'm sorry. This feels like I'm breaking all the rules in my parents' house. I shouldn't be having these inappropriate thoughts." I shake my head at how adorable she's been this weekend, slapping the empty side of the bed to get her to join me. "We are married, you know?" She rolls her eyes, but slips in under the covers, nonetheless, thanking me for the tea. "Yeah, but since we're not... It feels like we're sneaking around." I hook my legs over hers and slip my hand back under shirt to claw at her stomach again.

The soft flesh over her rock-hard abs has become my favorite part of Maya's body since we started sleeping together again. My heartbeat will slow down, and my mind will stop spiraling as soon as I cuddle into her and can feel her own pulse on the warm skin. "I never fooled around with a fidanzata (girlfriend) or fidanzato (boyfriend) in my dad's house either." She raises her eyebrow at me in question when I straddle her lap and pull on the bottom of her shirt.

"It could be fun. Being forced to stay quiet, while fumbling around for a secret touch in the dark." I kiss her neck before sucking on her pulse point and then try to lick the bruise away. "Stealing kisses and keeping our breathing under control while knowing we can't cross a line." Her hands push their way up my bare thighs until it reaches my underwear. Maya starts moaning but swallows it as her palm curls around my ass cheeks.

"Shh, bambina. Mama Devous will kick us both out if you're too loud." I'm glad I opted to use her new family in my fantasy, and not her dad like I was planning to, especially when she mewls below me. "God, are you trying to kill me?" I bite her lip and pull on the plump flesh, before pressing a hot kiss against her. I lick her lips every time she tries to turn the heat up. "Have you ever been with a woman before?"

She pulls herself away from me, shaking her head in confusion before her eyes darken as I let the strap of my nightie fall off my shoulder. My own eyes darken when her hands move higher up my back, leading my nightie to rumple up around my waist. I cage her head between my arms, pulling my chest away from her every time she tries to kiss me until she starts playing along. She shakes her head and pulls me flush against her so she can meet my lips.

"My parents were really strict, Carina. You know you're the first woman in my bed." A moan escapes my lips when her hands move around my ribcage to catch my breasts in her hands. I sit back on top of her lap, asking for permission with my eyes to take her shirt off. Maya sits up with my help before she lifts her arms in the air, bunching the soft material at the back before I touch as much skin as possible to get her torso naked. "First woman to see you naked?"

I push her to lay back on the bed, caging her back underneath me. She squeezes my breasts again when I start nibbling her neck, collarbone and the soft flesh on her chest. When I start leaving a wet trail of sloppy kisses between her breasts and suck a nipple into my mouth, she grabs my thighs and split my legs even wider apart. "Fuck, you're making my legs shake, babe." I smile around her erect nipple while meeting her libidinous eyes.

"Hai un sapore così buono nella mia bocca. (You taste so good in my mouth.)" Maya throws a pillow over her face to hide her next moan when I lick the underside of her boobs before sucking her other nipple in my mouth. My game starts backfiring on me when I kiss down the muscular line over her stomach to tease my wife even further. But become lightheaded as the evidence of her lust enters my nostrils. "Cazzo! Ti voglio, bambina. (Fuck! I want you, baby.)"

She throws the pillow away from her face, almost knocking the painting off the wall. "Shh, bambina. I know this is a fantasy and all, but I'd rather not get caught with my pants down by a member of your family." I bite and lick my way back up to her mouth before kissing her with a need I haven't felt since the last time we had sex. It may have been dirty, angry and possessive sex, but good grief, I never wanted to be closer to my wife until this moment.

"Apri le gambe, il innamorato. (Spread your legs, sweetheart.)" Her eyes become black pools as her pupils dilate from the endorphins released due to the huskiness in my voice. I have a feeling my eyes mirror hers when she follows my whispered command by spreading my own legs in return. 'God, I need you to be the strong one here, because I don't know how to say no to you.' Maya's broken plea echoes in my mind just before I lose the ability stop my hand from slipping into her sleep shorts.

Instead, I grab her hands and pin them on both sides of her head when it appears she can't stop herself from seeking my own heat inside my panties. "For someone who hasn't been with a woman before, you sure are presumptuous." Maya lets out a defeated laugh when I turn down our kiss to a lukewarm burn. "I said you were the first woman in my bed, babe. Not the first one in my room. I got moves." My mouth falls open in complete shock before I cover up her naked chest with her disregarded shirt.

"You never told me that." I loosen my grip on her wrists and climb off her when I see we're no longer playing into the fantasy. Maya sighs loudly before she sits up to put her shirt back on. "It was a long time ago, Carina. Please can you not get jealous over this?" She crosses her legs and grips her hair in her hands. I rest my chin on her shoulder, wrapping my arms around her neck. "I'm not jealous, bella. Just surprised. I thought you only discovered your sexuality when you joined the academy."

She sighs again, trying to get out of my embrace so she can face me. "I think I was a junior in high school. I had a teacher who didn't fall for my dad's shit. He threatened to give me a failing grade if I didn't participate in a group project. My varsity coach told him if I didn't keep my grades up, that I'd lose my chances of making the US Olympics team. But to keep us under his thumb, he made sure we did the whole project at our house."

I lift my brow at her but keep my lopsided grin in place so she wouldn't feel unsafe to share something from her past. "You had a crush on her?" Maya turns herself around to lean her back against the foot of the bed while I entangle my legs with hers. I start massaging her calves and feet while she tries to remember everything that happened back then. "We ran track together. She was my closest competition, if you can call her that, so I never thought of her in that way."

I move closer to her so I can start kissing her knees, smirking at how pure she was as a teenager. "I never even talked to her before we got partnered up, and then all of the sudden I couldn't stop thinking about her." She jokingly kicks my thighs when I growl at her fantasizing about some other girl. "We started hanging out in school without my dad knowing, working on the project during our lunch period so we could spend time alone in my room."

She starts playing with my hair when I rest my chin on her bent knees. "I remember us sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed, trying to figure out some trig equation when she kissed me out of nowhere. I was so shocked at first but then my breath caught and every nerve ending in my lips lit up like fireworks. I just started kissing her back when my dad walked in." The trauma in her eyes breaks my heart and I run my fingernails up and down her naked thighs.

"He was so calm, I almost thought he didn't see anything. He told her that her mom was there to pick her up, walked her down the stairs and chatted with the woman for a few minutes. Then he sent me back up to my room to get ready for bed. I couldn't sleep that whole night, not from an existential crisis over the fact that I enjoyed kissing a girl or how it felt to actually have a friend to confide in. I couldn't sleep because I was terrified that my dad saw something."

She throws her head back on a haunted laugh, letting her hands drop from my face like she'll get into trouble for touching her wife. I leave my hand on her lap, for her to hold whenever she's ready. "The next day he came into my room, told me that I wasn't going to school because he booked out a training center for me. Which he used to do frequently, so it wasn't strange, you know. He didn't hurt me, or yell at me, or called me na-"

I shake my head at her before placing a finger over her lips. No matter what she was about to confess, I was not allowing her to defend her father with me after he had his hands wrapped around her throat. She gives me a broken smile on a nod before I take my hand away. "I only realized I was getting punished when he made me keep running after I passed out from dehydration." My hands curl into fists the longer she talks, and I have to grind my teeth to keep quiet.

"He only let up when I started crying and apologized. I knew he was going to make me run home, so I told him that she kissed me, and I pushed her away. He somehow convinced me that she was just using me to trip me up in front of the scouts. I didn't want to believe him but then he told me how the teacher who paired us up, had gotten fired from his previous job for sabotaging his favorite student's teammate so she could start in their volleyball game. In reality the teacher was a saint, but I believed my dad's lies. He was an expert in manipulation, which wasn't hard since I trusted him more than anyone."

Maya pulls her face and doesn't even realize that she starts playing with my fingers again. "How did the girl react when you saw her again?" She sniffs before wiping her nose, angry at her past self. "I ignored her until our next meet and then I made an even bigger mistake. She twisted her ankle, and I ran back to help her. Just because I was mad at her didn't mean I didn't care. She was the first friend I had in years and my first ever crush. When I finished second place, my dad almost killed me. It was the first time I ever thought he would get violent with me."

I smile down at her hands when she tightens her grip on my fingers and feel myself fall in love with her even more knowing that this compassionate person has always been inside of her, but she had to hide it in order to survive in her dad's house. "I never talked to her again after that. When she tried to congratulate me on my win during our next meet, I gave her the cold shoulder and pretended like I never even met her. My dad was so proud of me for breaking her heart that he let me have ice cream, which he never allows."

Maya crawls into my arms as soon as I open them for her, laying her forehead against mine. "It wasn't your fault, bambina. You were just protecting yourself from your dad. And looking back on our own past, I'm pretty sure you were protecting her against him too." Her lips start trembling when I cup her cheeks in my palms, before kissing her. I lie back down with her on my chest and start playing with her hair.

"So, when did you know you were interested in women?" She groans into my shirt before flopping down next to me on my pillow. "Since the day I kissed that girl on my bedroom floor." Maya laughs when my mouth drops open, and I slap her in the abdomen. "Che cosa? (What?)" She turns on her side, tucking her hands under the pillow to look at me. "I was just never brave enough to act on it again. Not while I was living out my dad's dream." My skin burns where her skin touches me, from her palm on my cheek, to her legs and feet wrapped around mine like a vine.

"This girl at the Olympic Village caught my attention on the very first day but I walked circles around her that whole time, never even having the guts to speak to her. The moment we landed in London, I was hyper focused. Nothing was going to come between me and my gold medal but when I was done, a whole world opened up." Maya smirks when I slip my hand back under her shirt to touch her stomach.

"I twisted my ankle before my race and the physiotherapist forced me to take an ice bath and relax a little before my flight out of London. I was taking the freedom the center offered to make arrangements since I broke free from my dad as soon as my race was done. He took the first flight out when the officials told him that he wasn't allowed a bigger cut of my winnings." She leans closer to kiss me when I claw at her abs and sides, scratching her back before I remind her to finish talking.

"My teammate at the village convinced me to follow my own dreams. She was really cool, and we made these bracelets together for good luck. I didn't even think about the pretty lady until I overheard her getting scolded over breaking curfew the night I won gold. She almost got kicked out of her event because of it. I had nothing to lose so I took the fall for her before heading back home." I gasp at the new information, finding it hard to believe that Maya ever put her Olympic gold in jeopardy.

"When Inge came into the gym the morning of her event, I had just sent in my application to SFD, and I had this new sense of confidence that I never had before. So, I walked up to her, fully knowing how good I looked in my runner shorts and sports bra..." I grin at her to try and hide my blush from how accurate that statement still is. "I gave her the good luck bracelet I made and told her that if she won gold too, we should go on a date." She smirks at me when I raise my brow at her slick moves, especially for someone just stepping into the dating game.

"It rendered her speechless, and I thought I overstepped but she waited for the physiotherapist to leave before she pulled me into a treatment room for my first make out session and finger play. She was so patient with me, teaching me how to kiss, where to hold her. How to find pleasure in places I was always too scared to look. I'm pretty sure we didn't leave that room until her coach started blasting her phone with threats if she missed her event."

She climbs on top of me when I pretend to be highly offended that another woman had such an influence on my wife. "We never got our date, seeing how she got bronze, and I had a flight to catch. We said an awkward goodbye at the airport where we split up to different states, while meeting her dad at the same time. Our paths never crossed again, but I found out a while ago that she has kept the bracelet all this time." I hook my one arm behind her neck and the other around her waist to pull her closer to me.

"Pensavo che le vostre strade non si fossero mai incrociate? (I thought your paths never crossed?)" Maya rubs her nose against mine before she starts kissing my cheeks, nose, forehead, temples, chin and lips. We both smile when I slip my leg between hers, scratching my nails down her back as she kisses me again. "She gave the bracelet to her dad. He's still wearing it." I scowl up at her, poking her in her sides when she starts doing push-ups on top of me. Sometimes she can be such a goofball when trying to seduce me.

"She's Chief Blackwell's daughter. That's how I got the transfer approved so easily. He owed me." Maya starts laughing again when I push her off me but cuddles into me without too much resistance. "Does your boss know his daughter was your first love? Or that she took your virginity?" My wife kisses me again, pushing my own hand under her shirt. "He doesn't know that she was the first woman I caught feelings for, Carina. I'm here with my first true love. The only person I've ever loved."

I curl into her side and throw my leg over her waist, pulling her face into me. Our kiss starts slow but heat up again when the possessiveness I've felt the whole day takes over control. We only stop when we're both shirtless and sweaty against each other again. "I don't know how many more times I can do this without coming all over your leg, bambina. Just tell me how to get my mind to catch up with what my heart and body know is right, so I can put us both out of our misery."

Maya kisses the top of my head which is laying on her heaving chest while I'm sprawled out on top of her. "I spent months of therapy to get past the pain of the last few months. You shouldn't have to rush it, my love. I'm not going anywhere. And selfishly, I like finding ways to be intimate with you without being inside you." We both moan when I grind against her from the rush of arousal her words evoke.

"I fall more in love with you every time you let me see past another one of your walls, Maya. I'm not going anywhere either." I hold her tighter and can feel myself getting lulled into a deep sleep, but startle awake with the realization that I still don't know what has been eating away at her when I first saw her after her shift before we left for this weekend. "Are you allowed to tell me why I had to sleep alone after you stood me up?"

She yawns loudly before she starts caressing my back up and down. "I've been instructed to keep my mouth shut about what I found out." I start drawing shapes on her abdomen and chest while humming in understanding, kissing her goodnight above her breast, over her heart. "I can promise you that this will not break us, my love. You are still my priority." Maya hugs me closer, and I can hear the turmoil in her voice. I won't push her tonight, but I won't allow any secrets between us to ever break us apart again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 183 20
Maya has just started working at Station 19 as a probie. What will happen she finds love, and is reunited with an important someone from her past?
105K 3.2K 39
POV: Maya Bishop (from Station 19) has been dealing with an eating disorder, even though she lets people think she is fine; she clearly isn't. The on...
560K 13.7K 75
Based on the characters Maya & Carina from Station 19 & Grey's Anatomy. Maya Bishop, a firefighter at Station 19 in Seattle, lays eyes on Carina DeL...
388K 1.4K 8
❝ Maya and Carina's relationship had stood the test of time. They were confident that whatever came, they would face together, but all certainty chan...