I did it all

By Golden_writer_

What happens when an old friend of Derek Morgan shows up to the doors of the BAU? Christina West, a 29 year-o... More

ACT ONE
Main Character's Information
Songs for the book
Fresh start (1)
Dinner (2)
The case (3)
A coffee (4)
Scars (6)
Drinks(7)
Secrets (8)
Plan A or plan B? (9)

Talk (5)

401 9 0
By Golden_writer_

Derek seemed to be struggling to keep his cool around Christina, who reminded him of the type of women the Unsub had been targeting lately. But his efforts to act dumb didn't fool her, and she could tell he was worried. Despite the seriousness of the situation, she tried to lighten the mood and brushed it off with a smile.

They finally arrive at Boston, after a long flight. The members of the team were mostly sleeping, but Christina, spent all these hours trying to build a profile. She always wanted to be ahead and always have information that may help.

When they get out of the jet Christina already takes her go bag and Emily comes up to her.

"Driving with me?" Emily asks Christina, with a hopeful look.

"Only if I drive" Christina says and Emily gives her the key of the SUV.

Christina gets into the driver's seat after storing her bag into the car. Emily sits next to her and she opens the radio, Christina usually likes listening to music while driving, but that wasn't the right time. She tries to act like she wasn't bothered and started wandering how to build the profile.

"What are you thinking of?" Emily asks after ten minutes on the road while she also turns off the radio.

"About the Unsub, he seems to be a male, I also think that he doesn't have any sexual remorse" Christina says.

"Why would you think of that?" Emily asks confused with Christina's accusations.

"All of the women are shot, he doesn't have any kind of physical affection towards them, he doesn't touch them" Christina explains, confused about how are all of these women connected.

"Okay, so if he doesn't have any sexual remorse how can this help us with the profile?" Emily asks devoted to what Christina was trying to explain.

"It means, that he may connect this women with his mother or sister, maybe she was murdered too or maybe he had some social difficulties with her" Christina mentions trying to put every piece of the puzzle together.

"Wow West, you're awesome" Emily compliments Christina.

"Thanks, I have heard a lot about you too, you took down a lot of the past Unsubs" Christina says, returning the compliment. "I couldn't do that so easily, I don't have the physical strength, I guess" Christina says.

"What do you mean?" Emily questions

"Well, I was always good at my job but, don't get me wrong, I'm mostly good at profiling and negotiating, when it comes to fighting, it's not my thing." Christina explains.

"This is why you asked Morgan to handcuff the Unsub?" Emily says while she realizes how Christina works.

"Yeah, let's just say that the Unsubs and I are only getting along with the talking part" Christina says which cause Emily's curious look to show up.

"Oh c'mon tell me" Emily begs Christina.

"I guess you'll learn when we're done with this case, we're here" Christina says as she stops the car in front of the local police department.

~

"You must be the BAU team from the FBI" the police officer comes up to the team while he shakes hands with Hotch.

"SAC Hotchner, these are SSA Rossi, Morgan, West, Prentiss, Dr Reid, our technical analyst Penelope Garcia and our communications liaison Jennifer Jareau" Hotch introduces the team to the young police officer.

"Really nice to meet you, all of you" The officer says and he smiles at Christina, causing Rossi to get that serious look.

"And where are we going to investigate the case?" Morgan says while he gets closer to the officer, causing him to no longer have a sight on Christina.

"Let me lead you to the office" The officer says and gets closer to Christina, while he walks around the police department.

The team finally arrives into the room, and Garcia already starts to set up her computer. Everyone organises their files and Reid takes out some maps, to build the geographic profile. West starts to scribble down some of her thoughts.

"What are you thinking of, darling?" Derek asks and Christina realises that everyone was waiting for her opinion, about the Unsub.

"Well, from my perspective, I don't believe our Unsub has a sexual remorse, all of the victims were unalived by a shot, no physical touch, however this shot is targeted on the heart. I believe he might have an emotional attachment to the victims" Christina explains her thoughts.

"None of the victims are connected in some way, thought" Hotch says.

"I'm talking about who might these victims represent to him, maybe a sister or a mother" West explains and everyone rights down the information.

"Okay so, we have him profiled but, how do we find him? Reid, how is the geographic profile going?" Rossi says and Spencer pins the map to the wall.

"Wow, all of them are in the same square" JJ mentions, while she looks at the map.

"Three on each corner, he is very organised" Emily points out.

"Yeah but in the center of the square, there is a mall, he may have found them here" Derek notes.

"Well, if he was an employee, there are one hundred sixty eight stores in that mall, at least a thousand employees and it would be really hard to find him" Reid rambles.

"Okay, so we talk to the families right?" Christina questions, looking at Hotch.

"Yeah, JJ you stay here with Reid, Rossi you go with West to the first and second murder scene. Prentiss and Morgan with me we'll go to the other two" Hotch orders and everyone follows.

~

"Let's go kid, I'll drive" Rossi says and Christina shakes her head.

"There's no way you're the one driving, give me the keys" Christina insists as she signs David to give her the keys.

"Alright, you win" Rossi gives up, Christina was always his weakness, he couldn't just say no to her, that easily.

Christina gets in the car and turns on the engine, David gets in too. West starts driving, Rossi is ready to lecture her about what happened with the last case, putting herself in danger was like putting Rossi's sanity in danger too.

"Okay, start I'm ready for the parenting, you have fifteen minutes" Christina explains. She sights as she looks up to her smartwatch.

"I'm not trying to parent you Christina, you just act like you don't care about your life" Rossi speaks with a protective tone.

"Who said that? Of course I care about my life" Christina exclaimed and David is ready to answer.

"You didn't prove it by putting your gun down, while you also were with no vest and the Unsub infront of you was armed" David states and Christina doesn't answer.

"Just stop acting irresponsi-" Rossi continues but Christina stops him.

"I'm not acting irresponsibly, I'm just risky" Christina states and David is ready to start laughing.

"You? Risky? Christina the most risky thing you have done is to cook pasta" Rossi remarks. Christina laughs and turns her head towards David.

"C'mon David I have done a lot of risky things that you wouldn't want to know" Christina responds and David wears a strange look.

"What? Don't look at me like that, being a negotiator demands you to do some crazy things" Christina states.

"Yeah, you were right, I don't wanna know about it, leave it to yourself" Rossi responds and chuckles.

"See, I know you well" the female agent speaks and then continues to drive to their destination.

The car with the two federal agents stops Infront of the crime scene, they get out of the car and they head to what seems to be a patrol car.

"Hey agents, officer Briant" an officer comes up to the two BAU members.

"Hi officer, I'm SSA West and this is SSA Rossi, nice to meet you. Shall we take a look, please?" Christina questions with a professional tone.

"Yeah, of course, this way" the officer points to the crime scene, the agents follow his lead.

"Okay West, I'm the Unsub how do I attack you without everyone noticing?" Rossi questions and wears his role as the Unsub.

"Well, it has to be midnight, you also have a silencer for your gun, you try to gain my attention firstly" Christina states as she plays along.

"So, if I'm a stranger in the middle of the night, you'll think I'm suspicious, so, I have a reason to be here this specific time" Rossi says.

"You are a security guard or a police officer, but the question is why am I here? And how does the Unsub know my program?" Christina plays her role and the moment she stops talking her phone rings. It's Morgan.

"Hey Morgan, have you got something?" Christina asks and puts her phone on speaker while Rossi comes closer.

"Yeah, we do. It seems like you were right, there is some emotional connection that causes the Unsub to kill, the roads that the victims were murdered, are all named Lindsay " Derek says and Christina feels like they're finally getting somewhere.

"West, take Rossi and come to the department, we'll see what to do" Hotch orders and Christina nods and hungs up.

"Come on David, we have to go" Christina speaks while she gets into the SUV and turns it on.

"It looks like you'll call me David from now on, I like it" Rossi jokes.

"No Rossi, only when we're alone, I don't want anyone else to know about what happened. Three days into the job and they already know enough" Christina sharply notes.

"You know, they won't judge you okay? I mean you can talk-" Rossi tries to comfort Christina.

"No, Rossi, I said what I said, stop" Christina demands and Rossi knows not to push further. Christina starts driving towards the department, she opens the radio, she doesn't have to think for now, she can just relax. Rossi realises her intentions and stops talking, he is just listening to music now.

~

The team arrives at the local PD and they head to the office that they have been given. The officer from earlier was in and was talking to JJ.

"Nice to see you again guys, do we have anything else?" The officer asks while he gets closer to Christina, she notices that and take a step back, almost tripping over Morgan.

"Everything good, sunshine?" Morgan whispers into his friend's ear, Christina nods with her head and just tries to act normal.

"Yeah, we have something, but, for now, you have to step out of this office, when we decide what's our next move we'll notify you" Hotch says and stands closer to Christina, everyone knew the officer was trying to get closer to her. The officer realises what he was just been said to do by the chief of the BAU and gets out of the room.

"Okay, so, how do we start?" Emily questions looking at the team.

"Garcia, look for a white male, security guard at the Jure Mall or a police man, sister or mother Lindsay" Christina orders the blond and shs tries to act confident, in a room filled with remarkable agents.

"Okay, we have someone, Robert Jones, thirty two, security guard at the Jure Mall, had a sister named Lindsay" Garcia reads the information on her computer screen.

"Had, what do you mean?" Rossi questions.

"Yeah, she was murdered when Robert was five and she was twenty, big age difference, I know. Robert watched his sister get murdered infront of his eyes" Garcia notes.

"Look up his sister" Morgan asks and a woman's face similar to Christina's, comes up to the screen.

"Well, that explains almost everything, his sister looks exactly like the victims" Emily explains and everyone starts to find hope after spending five hours travelling and almost fifteen hours of searching, and analyzing everything.

"Garcia, send us the address of his home, the others, wear vests, we're going to pay Robert a visit" Hotch orders and everyone starts getting ready.

"On it, Sir" Garcia responds and the others head to the SUVs. Rossi, Hotch and Prentiss get in one car and the others get in the other, with Christina driving it.

"The moment that we are done with this Robert guy, I'm buying dinner to all of you" Derek says with a tired tone. They had arrived at Boston around 10pm, they spent their whole night investigating the crime scenes, now it was around 6am and that fact that they were tired was an understatement to everyone, except for Christina. Adrenaline rushing through her body always made her feel, tireless.

~

Morgan banging the door of Robert caught the possible Unsub off guard, he didn't have time to run away, he was planning to do that later, he thought he wouldn't get caught.

"Jones, open!" Morgan shouts and Robert doesn't open, which causes Derek to break down the door.

"This is why, the budget of the BAU is enormous" Rossi jokes and everyone stands ready, with their guns up.

"Morgan, go with Prentiss, Reid with JJ, West with me" Hotch orders and everyone follows what has been said.

"Clear!" The first two shout and so do the others, expect for West, Hotch follows her way and founds Robert in front of her, with a gun in his trembling hands.

"Hey, Robert, please put the gun down" Christina says with soft tone, while everyone else stands close to the doorstep with their eyes focused on the Unsub and the agent in danger.

"Lindsay?" Robert asks and Christina shakes her head.

"I'm not Lindsay, I'm agent West, please put yout gun down" Christina insists and to everyone's surprise, Robert puts his gun down. Christina handcuffs him, something that causes Emily to smile, West wasn't afraid of Robert.

~

Morgan was the first to interrogate the suspect, it didn't go well. So, Hotch with David were the next ones, the same results.

"We don't know what to do, he doesn't talk to us, he doesn't even glare, his eyes are glued on the floor" Rossi says as the three male agents were heading to the office where the team was waiting. Christina, on the other hand, was too focused on her burrito, to even hear what the others were complaining about.

"I think I have an idea" Hotch says and goes closer to Christina. "West, you'll be the one interrogating him" Hotch says and Christina gags.

"What? Really, I have only eaten the half of it" Christina whines, Hotch shoots her a look and she gets straight up from her chair. "Alright, I'll do it, you should come bossy man, it'll be a great show" West jokes and everyone laughs. She goes in front of the interrogation room with the file on her hands, she had a plan, a great one.

"West, remember be careful" Morgan remarks with a protective tone and Christina just nods. The guard opens the metallic door and Christina "wears" her role, this is how she like to say it.

"Can you please take his handcuffs off?" Christina asks and the guard hesitates at first, but he follows the order. The guard gets out and closes the door. Everyone from the team, stands infront of the glass of the interrogation room, ready for the show to begin.

"Imagine if I didn't tell her to be careful" Derek says while he looks through the glass.

"Don't worry Morgan, West has probably done worse, she used to be a negotiator, don't forget that" Hotch points out with a look full of trust towards the new agent.

"So, you are, Robert Jones, and you have been accused for twelve murders, well that's a lot. So, to make it easy for both of us, because I left half of my burrito for you, where did you put the last body?" Christina says and the person infront of her stares deep into her grey blue eyes. Robert stays silent and continues to look Christina dead in the eye.

"Oh c'mon, I thought this would be fun. Is this why you brought me here?" Christina acts while she looks through the glass.

"Okay, I'll go" Christina says ready to leave.

"Wait" Robert whispers, causing Christina to stop and turn her head towards him.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" Christina questions and she tries to hide her grin. She got him. Everyone outside of the interrogation room, was anxious about what was about to happen.

"You're a profiler, so profile me" He demands and Christina is processing the information, she can do it. Right now, this interrogation will show how good she is in everything, as a negotiator, a profiler, a professional. She takes a deep breath and everyone focuses at her actions, it was like she was under a microscope and the slightest blemish or flaw on the surface, will be shown.

"Profile you, huh? Okay I'll do it" Christina states with such a confidence in her voice. Rossi is ready to see Christina show her work, whatever he saw her fighting for, will be shown right now.

"So, from the moment that I got in, you have been staring at my eyes, you didn't even spent a second to look at my body, which shows me you don't have any sexual remorse against me or any of the victims. You act tough but, three male agents came before me to interrogate you, and you didn't even dare to pick your head up. From the way you stand, I suggest that you feel comfortable around me but also guilty. I resemble your sister, you believe that you owe me something, but you don't. You saw so many women who were similar to your sister, you couldn't handle your guilt, for not helping Lindsay back then, so, you killed them" Christina states and Derek was amazed by his friend's knowledge, she was intelligent, this was something that Morgan always knew about West.

"She got him" Rossi comments and everyone nods, still focused on the female agent that was on the edge of making the Unsub, break.

"I did my job, so now do yours, admit that you killed those women and tell me where the last body is" Christina speaks sharply enough to make the Unsub's gaze be filled with rage.

"Well, if you're not going to talk, I can go now." Christina says getting ready to leave, picking up the file. Everyone's thoughts were the exact same, why would she leave? She had him ready to admit.

"Wait!" The suspect shouts and grabs Christina's wrist, she stops and looks at him, in her mind the only thought was to break his hand, but she didn't like being violent. Morgan gets closer to the glass, concerned for what will happen. His friend was in a room with a serial killer, who was able enough to attack her.

"What do you want?" Christina questions looking fearless in the presence of a serial killer.

"I didn't do it" He says and Christina lets out a frustrated breath.

"Oh, I'm sick of this! You think that you can do and act however you want to? Well, keep in mind Robert that there are always consequences because of our actions" West yells as she tries to act furious, but she wasn't. She just wanted to act tough, she had to earn justice for those twelve souls.

"Look, I'm done with you, I have better things to do! I'm not the one you want to play with, so, if you don't admit what you have done, I'm done" Christina raises her voice, each word she says, another point to her performance. Everyone was so focused on what she was saying that, they didn't see that Robert was still holding Christina, with a tight grip.

"Did you kill those women? Were you the one who did it? Did you take the life of twelve women, the past three months? Tell me! Did you do it? Did you think that they were Lindsay, and because you couldn't handle your feelings you killed them? Tell me!" Christina shouts and takes her hand away from Roberts grip. She smashes the file at the top of the table, creating an intense sound. Robert gets even more vulnerable and looks like, he didn't want to feel that way.

"I was the one who did it, okay? I was the one. Why is it so hard for you to accept it?" Robert yells and everyone stays speechless. It was done, he admitted what he has done but, the show wasn't done yet, Christina had to say the last sentence.

"I'm not the one who doesn't accept it, you are, Robert." Christina says and signals the guards to come in and handcuff him.

"JJ, please call the cop on duty, I need an ice pack for my hand" Christina says the moment she gets out of that room. Her wrist was red and she knew that it would turn purple in ten minutes, for sure.

"Yeah, of course" JJ says and everyone comes up to her.

"Hey, are you alright?" Morgan asks and Christina nods, everyone looked at the pair of friends who were concerned about each other.

"It's just a bruise, I want ice so it doesn't get worse" Christina comments and Emily looks at her with a smile.

"The case is done, you owe me" Emily notes, talking about what Christina and her were saying in the car.

"Okay, you ask, you shall receive" Christina claims and everyone looks confused.

"What are you talking about?" Rossi asks and they two female agents laugh.

"Who wants to hear about the most violent solo interrogation I have attended?" Christina asks while they get out of the interrogation area and get close to the office they have been given.

"Oh, I'm in" Reid comments and JJ laughs while she gives Christina her ice pack.

"Thanks darling" Christina thanks JJ and she just smiles. They get into the office and everyone sits down, Derek on the left couch with Rossi and Aaron with Emily and Reid on the right couch, which was larger. JJ was just standing.

"Okay so, It was my first day as a Chief of the negotiation team, almost three years ago. We were interrogating a serial rapist, I was the last one to interrogate him. Everyone couldn't get a word out of him, but, with me he suddenly talked. I thought that it was too easy for the case to be closed, but I didn't pay enough attention to this feeling. Everyone was outside of the police department waiting for me to be done, and then we would go back to DC. There were no guards due to them guarding the yard and I was all alone with a serial rapist. Oscar Rustle" Christina explains and Reid's eyes go wide.

"Were you, the negotiator who was struggled by Oscar Rustle?" Reid questions and Christina nods, causing everyone get even more focused on what the female was saying.

"Exactly, the cops who arrested him, were for sure rookies, they forgot to take of his belt. So, the moment that I'm ready to leave he takes his belt and tries to suffocate me" Christina states with such an amazed tone, like she had fun that day.

"What? For real?" Garcia asks shocked, she wasn't and would never get used to these kind of stories.

"Yeah, so let's just say that I had to keep my breath for four minutes straight, while I was trying to defend." Christina says.

"And how did you get out of it?" Hotch asks curious.

"Well, he was distracted for a moment and he let loose, I took the belt and held a 6'5 foot man down, after a minute the guards came in. I mean, it was exhausting but I would really like the whole last minute recorded" Christina jokes, in order to change the atmosphere.

"Enough information from you West, we should get going, Hotch give us our keys, for the hotel rooms" Rossi asks.

"What aren't we heading back to Virginia?" Christina questioned.

"No, Strauss gave us the next three days free, so now, go enjoy a good sleep and then tomorrow, we'll be heading to the jet" Hotch says and everyone gets excited.

Christina didn't like the idea of sleep, she could do paperwork, she preferred that. She organized all of her files and gave them to Garcia to store them.

"Oh and also, we only have four rooms, don't worry we'll sort it out when we are at the hotel" Hotch mentions and gets out of the office, with everyone following him.

Hey guys!

Did you like this chapter?

Feel free to express your opinion and ask me anything you want about the story!

Also make suggestions, if you want to.

Don't forget to like and comment!

Have a nice day!

Golden_writer_

Words: 4107

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1.2K 37
Right after graduating high school and college early on, y/n, along with her 174 iq, takes the job offer at the BAU. She escapes her dark childhood w...
193K 4.8K 45
THIS IS ALSO POSTED ON AO3 Y/N started at the BAU almost 2 years ago and her and Emily's bickering started on her first day. The pair constantly thro...
260K 3.8K 50
Madeline Roberts, top SSA with the BAU, director of the FBI. On her journey to becoming Director she realizes she has feelings for her co-worker of...
807 37 6
Warning, trigger topics and mentions of: death, suicide, blood, gore, assault, sexual topics, more. If you don't watch criminal minds - it's all sens...